Your daily dose of whatever!!
Helen Mirren Doesn’t Think She’s a Sex Symbol . . . Farrah Abraham Does
It must be OPPOSITE DAY, because we’ve got HELEN MIRREN saying she’s not a sex symbol . . . and “Backdoor Teen Mom” FARRAH ABRAHAM saying she is. Helen says people who think she’s a sex symbol are, quote, “not thinking straight.” But Farrah says, quote, “I think I’m ok with being a sex symbol.”
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. KATY PERRY and ADELE took a selfie together.
2. LAVERNE COX from “Orange is the New Black” has become the first transgender person on the cover of “Time” magazine.
3. For some reason, it’s a HUGE deal that HILARY DUFF cut her hair. (Well, to be fair, it probably is to Aaron Carter.)
4. SNOOKI is trying on wedding dresses.
5. Sexy Video: It’s kind of a cliché to describe JENNIFER LOPEZ as “ageless” . . . but after seeing her new “First Love” video, I’m gonna need proof that she’s really going to turn 45 in July.
6. Are these the 21 Most Important Celebrity Bulges of All Time?
7. The picture of KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST sharing their first kiss as man and wife is the most liked photo in the history of Instagram. As of last night it had 1.94 million likes.
Lena Dunham’s Dog Bit Her on the Butt and Made Her Bleed
LENA DUNHAM ended up with a BLOODY BUTTOCK on Wednesday, after her rescue dog Lamby bit her on the backside. She Tweeted a picture of it, along with the caption, “My dog bit me on the ass and Jemima Kirke captured the image of a life time.” She hashtagged it, “There Will Be Blood”.
She Tweeted a picture of it, along with the caption, “My dog bit me on the ass and Jemima Kirke captured the image of a life time.” She hashtagged it, “There Will Be Blood”. Jemima is on Lena’s HBO show “Girls”.
Lena apparently took the picture down, but not before it got all over the Internet.
(Check it out, along with a picture of Lamby, here. Note Lena’s frilly “Hopeless Romantic” undies.)
Shocking Revelation: Kendall Jenner Has Millions of Fake Twitter Followers
KENDALL JENNER has about 8 million Twitter followers . . . but “In Touch” magazine says 4.6 of them . . . more than HALF . . . are DUMMY ACCOUNTS. Apparently, Kendall, her sisters, and a lot of other celebrities for that matter, buy phony social media followers to pump up their numbers.
Brad Pitt Suffered Some Broken Sunglasses During that Red Carpet “Attack”
BRAD PITT wasn’t injured when that guy accosted him on the red carpet earlier this week. But he did end up with a pair of broken sunglasses.
(Here’s video of the incident.)
Brad got a temporary restraining order against the guy that’s supposed to keep him away for the next five days.
The attacker, a Ukrainian “journalist” named Vitalii Sediuk, is already on three years’ probation for trying to interrupt ADELE’S Grammy acceptance speech in 2013.
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is Buying the L.A. Clippers
The Sterling family reached a deal yesterday to sell the L.A. Clippers to former Microsoft CEO STEVE BALLMER for $2 BILLION. And even though Ballmer has deep ties to Seattle, he has reportedly agreed NOT to move the team there.
ESPN says the Sterling family trust can sell the team WITHOUT any say-so from DONALD STERLING, because they had him declared “mentally incapacitated” by so-called “experts”. It’s not clear who these experts were, but the family didn’t go to the courts, so Donald wasn’t declared LEGALLY nuts.
There’s been no word from Donald yet. But it’s entirely possible he’ll try to stop this from happening. To do that, he’d have to sue his own family trust, or get some kind of restraining order against it.
How Does 50 Cent’s Horrendous Pitch Rate Among Other Celebrities’ Ceremonial First Pitches?
A lot has been made of 50 CENT’S incredibly wild “first pitch” at a Mets game this week. But Carly Rae Jepsen’s pitch last year was arguably worse. Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian have thrown pretty bad ones, too . . . as has President Obama. And to his credit, 50 was throwing much better in practice.
Carly Rae Jepsen’s pitch last year was arguably worse, since she barely threw it past the mound SHE WAS STANDING ON. Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian have thrown pretty bad ones, too . . . but they were a lot closer than 50 Cent.
“Maleficent” and Seth MacFarlane’s “A Million Ways to Die in the West”
Angelina Jolie is Maleficent in this live-action version of the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty”. It’s told from her perspective and reveals the truth about why she cursed Princess Aurora . . . namely that she’d been betrayed years earlier by Aurora’s father.
Elle Fanning is Aurora, Sharlto Copley plays her father, and Angelina’s own daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt has a cameo as Aurora when she was 5 year old.
(You might also want to check out this split screen version of the trailer, which compares some of the scenes from the 1959 animated original to this one. And here’s a behind-the-scenes clip of Angelina and Elle talking about their roles.)
Seth MacFarlane wrote, directed, and stars in this western comedy about a cowardly farmer who falls in love with Charlize Theron, and gets challenged to a duel with a notorious gunslinger played by Liam Neeson.
Amanda Seyfried, Neil Patrick Harris, and Sarah Silverman are also in it. Plus there are cameos from Ewan McGregor as a random cowboy, Gilbert Gottfried as Abe Lincoln, and Christopher Lloyd as his “Back to the Future” character Doc Brown.
Showbiz Photos of the Day: “The Wonder Years” Cast Reunited to Do Stuff for an Upcoming DVD Release
“The Wonder Years” is FINALLY coming to DVD, and the whole cast reunited this week to record some extras for it. They filmed sit-down interviews, took an epic selfie together, and sat down in an exact replica of the kitchen used on the show.
Weekend TV Reminders:
• Friday: The series premiere of “Crossbones” . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. John Malkovich stars in this new series about the pirate Blackbeard.
• Saturday: “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony” . . . from 8:00 to 11:15 P.M. on HBO. New inductees Peter Gabriel, Cat Stevens, Hall and Oates, and Nirvana’s Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic perform.
Linda Ronstadt, KISS, and the E Street Band are the remaining inductees. KISS wasn’t able to set aside their differences to perform, and
Linda isn’t able to sing anymore because of her Parkinson’s disease, so instead they got Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, Emmylou Harris, and Bonnie Raitt to pay tribute to her.
• Saturday: The series premiere of “Sing Your Face Off” . . . at 9:00 P.M. on ABC. Debbie Gibson and “SNL’s” Darrell Hammond judge this six-part competition where five celebrities are transformed into famous singers and perform in their style.
Over the course of the show . . . which does two back-to-back episodes each week . . . Sebastian Bach will do Adam Levine and Lady Gaga . . . NBA stud Landry Fields will become Lionel Richie and Pitbull . . . Jon Lovitz will be Elton John and Pavarotti . . .
Lisa Rinna will perform as Dolly Parton and Britney Spears . . . and 15-year-old Disney star China Anne McClain will do Rihanna and Tina Turner.
• Saturday: “The Graham Norton Show” . . . from 11:15 P.M. to Midnight Eastern on BBC America. Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Julie Andrews, and Pharrell.
• “Saturday Night Live” . . . from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. (Repeat)
• Sunday: “The Bachelorette” . . . from 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Andi makes her 16 remaining men sing for her at a Boyz II Men concert. She also takes one guy on a date where the two of them disguise themselves as an elderly couple.
• Sunday: “Game of Thrones” . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on HBO. Tyrion’s fate is decided as a verdict is reached.
• Sunday: The series premiere of “Halt and Catch Fire” . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on AMC. Lee Pace from “The Hobbit” movies is a former IBM executive in the ’80s, who tries to reverse engineer the PC a year after IBM released the first home computer.
In the “Hobbit” movies, Lee plays the elf Thranduil . . . the father of Legolas.
• Sunday: The series premiere of “Men of the Strip” . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on E! A reality movie about the auditions, casting and rehearsals for a Las Vegas all-male revue brought together by Jeff Timmons from 98 Degrees.
• Sunday: The series premiere of “Return to Amish” . . . from 9:00 to 11:00 on TLC. The “Breaking Amish” cast reunites in the Amish world as they face the consequences of shunning, marriage and unplanned pregnancies.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” – Kevin Bacon, Jeff Musial, Ty Dolla $ign, and Anne Wilson. (Repeat)
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” – Maya Rudolph, Lake Bell, and Eddie Izzard. (Repeat)
• “Letterman” – Shailene Woodley and Peyton Manning. (Repeat)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Elle Fanning, Adam Sandler, and Lykke Li. (Repeat)
• “Carson Daly” – Tim Heidecker & Davin Wood, plus Washed Out and Aatsinki. (Repeat)
• “Arsenio” – Patricia Heaton and Jerry Springer. (Repeat)
• “Craig Ferguson” – William Shatner and Jessica St. Clair.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Ian Somerhalder talks with guest host Mary McCormack. (Repeat)
Five Random Facts For Friday
1. George Lucas’s original title for “Star Wars” was “The Journal of the Whills”. Then he changed it to “Adventures of the Starkiller, as taken from the Journal of the Whills, Saga 1: The Star Wars”. Fortunately he shortened it.
2. The highest temperature ever recorded in the history of Scotland is only 91.2 degrees Fahrenheit. It happened in August of 2003.
3. Only 2% of Google’s 49,829 employees are black.
4. The most dangerous sport in America is . . . basketball? In 2012, there were about 570,000 basketball injures . . . versus 560,000 biking injuries, 470,000 football injuries, and 460,000 general exercising injuries.
5. If you’re over 45, the world population has doubled in your lifetime.
60% of People Think They’re Lucky . . . the Main Signs of Luck Are Having Sex and Avoiding Parking Tickets
According to a new survey, 60% of people consider themselves LUCKY. And the top signs you’re lucky are having sex at least 120 times a year, never having a serious illness, and avoiding parking tickets.
1. They have sex at least 120 times a year . . . that’s about twice a week. And the majority of people who say they’re lucky say that sex is with someone YOUNGER and MORE ATTRACTIVE than them.
2. They’ve never had a serious illness.
3. They’re able to avoid parking tickets.
4. They own a pet. I guess that’s lucky?
5. They’re in a better job than they deserve.
Wearing Perfume Makes People Think You’re Better Looking
A new study has found that when women wear perfume, people rate their faces as more attractive. The researchers say it’s because the way the brain processes someone’s odor is connected to the way it processes someone’s looks.
The Average Diet Fails Within 59 Hours
The average diet fails within 59 hours, according to a new survey. That means if you start your diet with breakfast on Monday morning, odds are you’ll have given up by dinner on Wednesday. 38% of women say they start about 12 diets a year that fail.
Here’s How Huge the Markup is on Movie Theater Food
Movie theater food is OBSCENELY overpriced . . . here’s exactly how much. A large popcorn that sells for about $8.15 costs them just 90 cents . . . and a large soda that sells for about $6.31 costs them 51 cents.
You’re Storing About $2,800 Worth of Stuff in Your Garage
According to a new study, the average family is storing almost $2,800 worth of stuff in their garage. And HALF of us have SO much stuff in the garage, there’s no room to PARK any more.
Photo of the Day: A Guy Dropped His Phone at a Safari Park . . . and an Elephant Took a Selfie
A 23-year-old guy was driving through a safari park in England recently, and dropped his phone. Park officials told him to stay inside his car, but eventually returned it. When they did, the guy realized an ELEPHANT had accidentally taken a SELFIE on it. Seriously.
Jared Gilmore is 14. Henry on “Once Upon a Time” and one of the four different Bobby Drapers on “Mad Men”.
Remy Ma is 34. Currently serving an eight-year prison sentence for shooting and wounding a friend over some cash that was missing from her purse.
Her husband, Papoose, got himself banned from visiting her for six months after he tried to sneak in a key for her cuffs.
Cee-Lo is 39. Former “Voice” judge who quickly went from being just the chubby one from Gnarls Barkley to a superstar in his own right. He also used to be a member of the Goodie Mob, but nobody remembers them anymore.
Manny Ramirez is 42. Future baseball hall-of-famer. He can’t cut it in the Major Leagues anymore and most recently played in the Chinese Professional Baseball League with a team called the EDA Rhinos.
Idina Menzel . . . a.k.a. ADELE DAZEEM . . . is 43. She’s Elsa in “Frozen” . . . Rachel’s mom on “Glee” . . . and a HUGE fan of John Travolta.
Tom Morello is 50. Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave guitarist.
WYNONNA JUDD is 50. The chubbiest, and, therefore, greatest Judd.
Ralph Carter is 53. Michael Evans on “Good Times”.
Marie Fredriksson is 56. Roxette minx. She’s got “The Look”. Their biggest jams include . . . “Listen to Your Heart”, “Dangerous”, “It Must Have Been Love”, “Joyride”, “The Look” and “Fading Like a Flower (Every Time You Leave)”.
Ted McGinley is 56. Handsome but cursed actor who’s blamed for the demise of every series he’s ever joined. “Happy Days”, “The Love Boat”, “Dynasty”, “Married With Children” and “Hope and Faith” all went down with Ted aboard.
Jake “The Snake” Roberts is 59. WWE Hall of Famer on the road to recovery, thanks to the guidance of another former wrestler, Diamond Dallas Page . . . who’s become THE go-to guy for rehabilitating addict wrestlers. Jake was perhaps one of the greatest to ever “play the game” in the ’80s . . . until he discovered the JOYS OF CRACK.
Colm Meaney is 61. Irish Chief Miles O’Brien on “Star Trek: TNG” and “DS9″.
Gale Sayers is 71. Chicago Bears legend. He was portrayed by THE GREAT BILLY DEE WILLIAMS in “Brian’s Song”!
THE GREAT MEL BLANC (1908 – 1989) The Voice of Warner Brothers: His amazing voices included Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety and Sylvester, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn . . . and Barney Rubble on “The Flintstones”.
Christine Jorgensen (1926 – 1989) She was George Jorgensen before undergoing the FIRST-EVER SEX CHANGE OPERATION in 1952. Chaz Bono would still be a chubby chick named Chastity without her / him.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 5 days to the CMT Music Awards
• 15 days to World Blood Donor Day
• 16 days to Father’s Day
• 35 days to Independence Day
• 69 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 966 days left of “Hope and Change”
583 years ago . . . In 1431, 19-year-old JOAN OF ARC was burned at the stake in Rouen, France, after being found guilty on charges of sorcery and heresy. I claim she was innocent.
146 years ago . . . In 1868, General John Logan became so inspired when he saw women decorating the graves of Civil War heroes that he suggested a national holiday called Decoration Day . . . which became MEMORIAL DAY.
103 years ago . . . In 1911, the FIRST INDY 500 was held. After six hours of driving, Ray Harroun won with an average speed of 74.6 miles per hour. One driver was killed.
58 years ago . . . In 1956, “Time” magazine ran an article entitled “Teener’s Hero”, which attempted to explain ELVIS PRESLEY’S mystique. After a drawn-out description of E’s singing style, the writer summed-up Presley’s appeal as, quote: “His movement suggests, in a word, SEX.”
(FYI: The Young Elvis Presley was, and still is, the most physically and charismatically beautiful human being [male OR female] ever to have walked the face of the earth.)
48 years ago . . . In 1966, DOLLY PARTON married a breast man named Carl Dean. Today is their 47th Anniversary.
46 years ago . . . In 1968, THE BEATLES began recording “THE WHITE ALBUM”.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, 50-year-old PAUL SIMON married his third wife, the 26-year-old New Bohemian known as EDIE BRICKELL. Today is their 22nd Wedding Anniversary. They like to brawl. Wife #2 was a brief 1983 marriage to CARRIE FISHER, the year “Return of the Jedi” came out.
18 years ago . . . In 1996, Britain’s PRINCE ANDREW and redheaded chubby SARAH FERGUSON (a.k.a. FEISTY FERGIE) were granted a decree to end their 10-year marriage.