Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Helen Mirren is Twerking Again!
One of the greatest things that has happened so far this year was when HELEN MIRREN TWERKED while receiving a Woman of the Year award from Harvard’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals club.
Well, Helen DID IT AGAIN yesterday on “Live! With Kelly and Michael”. And MICHAEL STRAHAN joined her. (Here’s video. Skip ahead to 2:07 if you want to get right to the geriatric booty poppin’. And here’s the original twerk video. Skip ahead to 1:12.)
Is Bill Nye the Science Guy Having a Gay Affair With a Guy from “Star Trek”?
ROBERT PICARDO, who played the holographic doctor on “Star Trek: Voyager”, is going through a divorce. And his wife claims he was having an affair with BILL NYE “The Science Guy”. The two have been friends for years, but Picardo says, quote, “I’d made it to 60 without having sex with a man and a ‘walk on the wild side’ at this age seemed unlikely to anyone who knows me.”
And Now . . . Olivia Wilde Breastfeeds for a Magazine Shoot
OLIVIA WILDE breastfeeds her newborn son Otis in the new issue of “Glamour” magazine. And she says, quote, “Breastfeeding is the most natural thing. I don’t know, now it feels like Otis should always be on my breast.”
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. If JEFF GOLDBLUM is a guest at your wedding, OF COURSE your wedding album is going to include a picture of everybody running from a Photoshopped T-Rex.
2. MADONNA turns 55 this month. And to celebrate, she briefly shared a close-up of her CROTCH, before removing the post.
3. IAN SOMERHALDER posted a picture of himself with a new horse that he and girlfriend NIKKI REED bought.
4. JAMES FRANCO has a new girlfriend. She’s a 27-year-old model named ERIN JOHNSON. James is 36.
5. CHRIS PRATT’S high school yearbook photos prove he was just as adorable back then. He was also a wrestler and class clown. (Although you’ll notice that where the photo cuts off, it looks like he was voted ASS CLOWN.)
6. Shirtless BIEBER.
Alleged Plot Details from “Batman v. Superman”
Some supposed plot details from the upcoming “Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice” were revealed yesterday. We don’t know if they’re true, but we should note that some people might consider them SPOILERS.
The website Bad Ass Digest says that in the movie’s timeline, Batman has been around for about 30 years, so he’s in his 50s. But he’s still an URBAN LEGEND, and despite years of crimefighting, nobody has even taken his picture.
And his Batcave includes a memorial centered around a TATTERED ROBIN COSTUME.
Five TV Stars Who Had Richer Contracts Than the Ones “The Big Bang Theory” Cast Just Got
The three main stars from “The Big Bang Theory” . . . JIM PARSONS, JOHNNY GALECKI and KALEY CUOCO . . . are now raking in $1 million per episode. That’s CRAZY, but it isn’t unprecedented. Charlie Sheen, Ray Romano and Kelsey Grammer have all surpassed the $1 million mark, as has Tim Allen.
Charlie Sheen made $1.8 million per episode in the final year of his “Two and a Half Men” run . . . although he was forced off the show three-quarters of the way through for being a total lunatic.
Ray Romano also made $1.8 million per episode in the final year of “Everybody Loves Raymond”.
Kelsey Grammer pulled down about $1.6 million per episode for the final two seasons of “Frasier”.
Tim Allen was making $1.25 million per episode for the final year of “Home Improvement”.
Jerry Seinfeld maxed out at $1 million per episode on “Seinfeld”, but he still continues to earn about $400 million a year in syndication royalties.
Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc, and Lisa Kudrow all famously made $1 million per episode for the final two years of “Friends”. But they have syndication royalties on top of that, too.
Others who have made about $1 million an episode include: “Mad About You” stars Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt . . . and “Dexter” star Michael C. Hall.
(For more information, including some contracts that came in just below the $1 million mark, hit up this link.)
“America’s Got Talent” took the top two spots in the ratings last week. It averaged a little over 10.6 million viewers. The preseason football game between the New York Giants and the Buffalo Bills rounds out the top three with 8.5 million viewers.
And “The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose” special came in fifth with 8.2 million viewers. Here are last week’s Top 10 primetime shows:
1. Last Wednesday’s “America’s Got Talent”, NBC, 10.7 million viewers.
2. Last Tuesday’s “America’s Got Talent”, NBC, 10.6 million viewers.
3. “Preseason Football: Giants vs. Bills”, NBC, 8.5 million viewers. The Giants won, with a score of 17-13.
4. “NCIS”, CBS, 8.4 million viewers.
5. “The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose”, ABC, 8.2 million viewers.
6. “60 Minutes”, CBS, 8 million viewers.
7. “The Bachelorette” season finale, ABC, 8 million viewers.
8. “The Big Bang Theory”, CBS, 7.2 million viewers.
9. “Big Brother”, CBS, 6.6 million viewers.
10. “Under the Dome”, CBS, 6.6 million viewers.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• “So You Think You Can Dance” . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Christina Perri sings “Burning Gold”. And the Top 10 dance with All Stars from previous seasons.
• “America’s Got Talent” [Results Show] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Five of the 12 acts that performed last night advance to the next stage of the competition.
• “Who Do You Think You Are?” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TLC. Rachel McAdams and her sister learn about their British and Canadian roots.
• The series premiere of “Skin Wars” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on GSN. Rebecca Romijn, a.k.a. Mystique in the original “X-Men” movies, hosts this new body-painting competition where 10 artists compete for a $100,000 prize.
• “The Fabulous Life Of … Pop Divas” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on VH1. A look at the lives of Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani, Pink, and Christina Aguilera.
• “Make or Break: The Linda Perry Project” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on VH1. The contestants are tested on musical spontaneity and improvisation.
• “Duck Dynasty” . . . from 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on A&E. Willie and Korie take Bella to karate practice. And beavers cause problems for Phil.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” – Megan Fox, Nick Cannon, and Wiz Khalifa.
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” – Clive Owen, Sarah Paulson, and country singer Chase Rice.
• “Letterman” – Lady Gaga, Bill Murray, and Martha Stewart. (Repeat)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Chloe Grace Moretz, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
• “Carson Daly” – Chef Roy Choi, the Growlers, and the band Sylvan Esso. (Repeat)
• “Conan” – Lizzy Caplan and comedian Sam Morril.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Kelsey Grammer and author Sloane Crosley.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Ethan Hawke.
• “Jon Stewart” – Wu-Tang Clan.
• “The Colbert Report” – Michael Fassbender.
Five Random Facts For Wednesday
1. There are over three million more people in California than in the entire country of Canada . . . California’s population is 38 million, Canada’s is 34.9 million.
2. The world record for one woman’s breast milk output in one month is 414 gallons. That’s more than 13 gallons a day. A woman in Texas set the record in March.
3. Extroverted people are more likely than introverted people to regularly change their Facebook profile photo.
4. Chuck Lorre . . . the creator of “Two-and-a-Half Men” and “The Big Bang Theory” . . . wrote and performed the theme song for the original “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” cartoon. And says he never received any royalties.
5. Amtrak started in 1971 . . . and has lost money all 43 years it’s been in existence. It survives mainly on a $1 billion government subsidy.
You Get Stressed Out 14 Times a Day . . . Plus the Top 10 Things We Stress About
A new study found the average person gets stressed out 14 times a day . . . and most of us get stressed for the first time before we even get out of bed. The top things we stress about are our weight, not being able to find our keys or phone, and not being able to fall asleep.
1. Feeling overweight.
2. Not being able to find your keys, phone, or wallet.
3. Not being able to fall asleep.
4. Arguments with your significant other.
5. Generally feeling tired or in some kind of pain.
7. Being late for work.
8. Family issues.
9. Oversleeping and having to catch up.
3% of Parents Would Lie to Get Their Kid Out of Jail . . . Plus Four More Ethical Dilemmas
Here are a few results from a new survey on ethical dilemmas. 69% of people wouldn’t report illegal immigrants living next door . . . 5% say it’s cool to read their husband or wife’s emails . . . and 3% would lie to give their kid an alibi to get away with a crime.
The Top 10 Things Kids Want to Be When They Grow Up . . . and the Top Two Are “Rich” and “Famous”?
A new survey asked kids between five and 10 what they want to be when they grow up. And the top two answers are . . . “rich” and “famous.” The rest of the top five are the jobs you’d expect kids to say: Police officer, zookeeper, and firefighter.
1. Rich, 22%.
2. Famous, 19%.
3. Police officer, 16%.
4. Zookeeper, 14%.
5. Firefighter, 13%.
6. Doctor, 10%.
7. Veterinarian, 8%.
8. Bus driver, 7%.
9. Store owner, 7%.
10. I don’t want to work, 6%. (Daily Mail)
A Man Mauled by a Bear Was Saved By His Justin Bieber Ringtone
A 42-year-old guy in Russia was out fishing last week when a huge BEAR jumped him from behind. It started mauling him and he might’ve been killed, but his PHONE rang . . . and his ringtone was “Baby” by JUSTIN BIEBER. Which startled the bear and made him run off.
Charleston, South Carolina Is America’s Friendliest City . . . Newark Is the Least Friendly
A new survey just found the friendliest and least friendly cities in the U.S. The friendliest are Charleston, South Carolina . . . Savannah, Georgia . . . and San Antonio, Texas. The least friendly are Newark, New Jersey . . . Oakland, California . . . and Hartford, Connecticut.
The friendliest cities list is DOMINATED by cities in the South.
The top 10 are: Charleston, South Carolina . . . Savannah, Georgia . . . San Antonio, Texas . . . Telluride, Colorado . . . New Orleans, Louisiana . . .
Fort Worth, Texas . . . Jackson Hole, Wyoming . . . Key West, Florida . . . Nashville, Tennessee . . . and Asheville, North Carolina.
A Woman Posed For a Photo With the Stolen Credit Card She’s Been Using
A woman in Ocala, Florida stole another woman’s wallet last month and went on a shopping spree. But when she tried to buy $430 worth of stuff, the clerk was suspicious and asked her to take a photo holding the credit card. And . . . she AGREED to it. The cops pieced things together and now they have the photo . . . so they’re tracking her down.
Adrianne Curry is 32. Briefly Mrs. Peter Brady . . . but now she’s separated from Christopher Knight. She LOVES to post nude pictures of herself on Twitter and makes an incredibly sexy Princess Leia. What’s not to love?
SOLEIL MOON FRYE is 38. “Punky Brewster”. Punky is SOOO HOT. She had to have her boobies reduced to a C-CUP . . . because they were TOO HUGE.
Asia Carrera is 41. Beautiful half-Asiatic / half-German mattress actress who’s starred in 400 fine films, including . . . “Booby Trapped”, “I Cream On Jeannie” AND “Fantastic 4 on the Floor”. She also a member of MENSA. (True.)
Vera Farmiga is 41. Made her name with award-winning roles in “The Departed” and “Up in the Air”. She was also really good in the 2009 horror flick “Orphan” and “The Conjuring”. Now she’s Norma Louise Bates on “Bates Motel”.
Geri Halliwell is 42. Ginger Spice.
M. Night Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong is 44. (Shyamalan, if you want to get technical.) Writer / Director of “The Sixth Sense”, “Unbreakable”, “Signs”, “The Village”, the complete disaster known as “Lady in the Water”, the slightly less-disastrous “The Happening”, and the even more disastrous “The Last Airbender”.
“I Used To Be” David Robinson is 49. Ex-San Antonio Spurs center.
Kimberley Conrad is 52. Hugh Hefner’s ex.
Michelle Yeoh is 52. Asiatic minx in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and the third “Mummy” movie, “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”. She’s one of the only female actresses whom Jackie Chan allows to do her own stunts in his movies.
RANDY DEBARGE is 56. Of the super-group DeBarge. He was in the original DeBarge lineup, which over the years has included . . . Chico, Mark, James, Bobby, Bunny and EL. (Say what you want about the DeBarge clan . . . but at least they’re nowhere near as EFFED UP as the Jacksons!)
Stepfanie Kramer is 58. Sexy Detective Dee Dee McCall on “Hunter”.
Catherine Hicks is 63. Annie Camden on the family-friendly “7th Heaven”, and the mom, Karen Barclay, in the original “Child’s Play”.
Dorian Harewood is 64. Private Eightball in “Full Metal Jacket”. “What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake.” Delicious, yes?
LUCILLE BALL (1911 – 1989)
JonBenet Ramsey should have been 24. (1990 – 1996)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 1 day to Chicago Boot Camp
• 23 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 32 days to Grandparents Day
• 33 days to International Literacy Day
• 36 days to September 11th
• 898 days left of “Hope and Change”
124 years ago . . . In 1890, the ELECTRIC CHAIR WAS FIRST USED, in a prison in Auburn, New York. Convicted axe murderer William Kemmler fried for killing his girlfriend.
69 years ago . . . In 1945, the ENOLA GAY dropped the ATOMIC BOMB on HIROSHIMA, Japan. About 70,000 people died INSTANTLY, with another 60,000 dying in the next four months. 90% of the city was leveled.
It was the first time the atom bomb had been dropped on a populated area, and the first time it was used in warfare. Enola Gay co-pilot Robert Lewis wrote in his log book that day, quote, “My God, what have we done?”
52 years ago . . . In 1962, if you’re looking for a good excuse to “do a J” this morning . . . this was the day that JAMAICA became an independent dominion within the British Commonwealth.
48 years ago . . . In 1966, evil genius VINCE MCMAHON, of WWE fame, married his high school sweetheart LINDA EDWARDS. Today is their 48TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. And you say there are no morals in wrestling.
32 years ago . . . In 1982, the ludicrous movie “Pink Floyd The Wall” was released in the U.S. for legions of teenaged pot-heads eager to keep toking grass until they could find some meaning in it. Well, Jedi, YOU CAN’T.
27 years ago . . . In 1987, THE BEASTIE BOYS sued the city of Jacksonville, Florida, for including the phrase “mature audience” on their concert tickets and ads.
25 years ago . . . In 1989, U2’s ADAM CLAYTON was arrested at his home in Dublin, Ireland, for . . . possession of CANNABIS.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, actor HAROLD RUSSELL sold the Oscar he won in 1947 for “The Best Years Of Our Lives” at an auction in New York . . . making it the FIRST OSCAR EVER SOLD.
The statue cost the Academy $500 to make . . . and sold for $60,500. Russell needed the money to pay for his wife’s eye surgery. Harold Russell fun-fact: He has HOOKS for hands. Or at least he did. He died in 2002 at the ripe old age of 88.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, MONICA LEWINSKY spent eight-and-a-half chubby hours testifying before a grand jury about her taboo relationship with PRESIDENT CLINTON.
10 years ago . . . In 2004, RICK JAMES died of a heart attack. He was 56. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. (???)
Two years ago . . . In 2012, NASA landed the CURIOSITY rover on the surface of Mars.