Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
The Royal Baby’s Name is George Alexander Louis
The royal baby has been named GEORGE ALEXANDER LOUIS. Officially, he’ll be known as Prince George of Cambridge. The “George” may come from KING GEORGE THE THIRD, who was PRINCE CHARLES’ favorite monarch . . . or from KING GEORGE THE SIXTH, the subject of the movie “The King’s Speech”.
Pics of the rich and famous…
Former president GEORGE H.W. BUSH shaved his head to support a 2-year-old leukemia patient who’s the son of one of his Secret Service agents.
LADY GAGA posted a picture of herself makeup-free and with black hair.
RIHANNA posted a selfie of her cleavage.
Amanda Bynes Accidentally Soaked Her Dog in Gasoline
AMANDA BYNES had her Pomeranian with her when she lit that driveway fire on Monday night. And the poor dog ended up COVERED IN GASOLINE. After that happened, Amanda ran to a nearby liquor store and tried to wash it off. The dog is okay, though. Her parents have it.
Did Kim and Kanye Really Spend $767,000 on Gold Toilets?
This sounds like a B.S. story, but here it is: The not-always-reliable British tabloids say KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST spent about $767,000 on four GOLD-PLATED TOILETS for their new mansion.
They also spent $444,000 on six beds and $325,000 on kitchen appliances. They also bought a refrigerator encrusted with Swarovski crystals. There’s no word how much that cost.
A so-called “source” close to Kim and Kanye is denying this, but we’ve heard nothing official.
Are Zac Efron and Ryan Gosling Going to Be in the New “Star Wars” Movie?
The World Wide Web of Movie Gossip says that ZAC EFRON and RYAN GOSLING are up for parts in the new “Star Wars” movie. There’s no word who Zac would play, but Ryan is supposedly being considered for Luke Skywalker’s son.
It’s Official: Jason Sudeikis Is Not Returning to “Saturday Night Live”
JASON SUDEIKIS has finally announced that he will NOT be coming back to “Saturday Night Live”. On last night’s “Letterman”, he said, quote, “I’m definitely done. I’m gonna be leaving. I’m not coming back in the fall.” There’s been speculation that Jason would be leaving for well over a YEAR now.
You Could Own Chuck Norris’ “Walker, Texas Ranger” Home for $1.2 Million
CHUCK NORRIS is unloading one of his homes . . . and even better, it’s also the property that was the onscreen home of his “Walker, Texas Ranger” character, Cordell Walker. Since you’re obviously interested, it’s in the Dallas area, and it’s a BARGAIN at just $1.2 million.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “Hell’s Kitchen” [11th Season Finale] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox.
• “Big Brother 15″ [Eviction Night] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CBS.
• “Hollywood Game Night” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. This week’s six celebrity stars are “SNL” alums Maya Rudolph, Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen, Amy Poehler, “Will& Grace’s” Sean Hayes and “Parenthood’s” Dax Shepard.
• “Later… With Jools Holland” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on Palladia. Mumford & Sons, Ozzy Osbourne, Hole, Lissie, Angélique Kidjo, Joanna Newsom, and Ian Hunter & the Rant Band perform.
• “Sullivan & Son” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on TBS. Pat Sajak guests as himself.
• “Ridiculousness” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on MTV. Rapper A$AP Rocky guests.
• “Sanya’s Glam & Gold” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on WE. Four-time Olympic gold medalist Sanya Richards-Ross and her husband two-time Super Bowl champion Aaron Ross score their own reality series.
• “My Life as a Gangster Girl” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on A&E. Three former female gang bangers recall their criminal pasts and what it took to turn their backs on their former lives and walk away to start new ones.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Lisa Kudrow (“Web Therapy”) and Piper Perabo (“Covert Affairs”) are guests.
• The [5th Season Premiere] of “Childrens Hospital” from Midnight to 12:15 A.M. and the [3rd Season Premiere] of “NTSF:SD:SUV” from 12:15 A.M. to 12:30 A.M. on Adult Swim.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – American twin models and professional wrestlers The Bella Twins, plus chef Mark Bittman.
• “Good Morning America” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• “CBS This Morning” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Stanley Tucci (“Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”) and the Broadway cast of “Kinky Boots”.
• “The View” – Christina Ricci. “Drop Dead Diva’s” Margaret Cho co-hosts.
• “Rachael Ray” – Chef Sunny Anderson and organizational expert Peter Walsh. (REPEAT)
• “Kris” – Ryan Seacrest co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “The Real” – Christina Milian (“The Voice”) and the cast of Discovery Channel’s “Naked and Afraid”.
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Michelle Obama, and Lauren Graham (“Parenthood”). PLUS: Justin Bieber spends some “Tea Time with Sophia Grace & Rosie!” Music Guest: “American Idol’s” Phillip Phillips. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Rachael Ray and comedian George Wallace.
• “Katie Couric” – “The Manisode”. A panel of men answer women’s questions about relationships, money and sex from the male perspective.
• “Steve Harvey” – A mother who’s worried her son doesn’t understand how things work in the real world. PLUS: Monty a dog who can drive a car on his own.
• “Dr. Phil” – Mira Sorvino (“Trade of Innocents”), plus Dr. Phil reunites the family of human-trafficking victim Sara Kruzan . . . who was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing her pimp at age 16. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – “Brand New Fat Melters”. Dr. Oz offers fat fighting solutions to help burn fat fast. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Famke Janssen (“The Wolverine”) and “Guys with Kids” star Anthony Anderson (AOL’s “Anthony Eats America”).
• “Letterman” – Regis Philbin and ventriloquist Terry Fator.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Michael B. Jordan (“Fruitvale Station”) and Kevin Nealon. Music Guest: Karmin. (REPEAT)
• “The Tonight Show” – Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine”) and Michael B. Jordan (“Fruitvale Station”). Music Guest: Court Yard Hounds.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Bill Hader (“The To Do List”) and Shohreh Aghdashloo (“Grimm”).
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Andy Samberg (“The To Do List”), Texas bucket list couple Marcine and Nita Lou Webb. Music Guest: New Order.
• “Carson Daly” – Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer (MTV’s “Nikki & Sara Live!”), plus the cast of Discovery’s “River Monsters”. Music Guest: Damien Jurado. (REPEAT)
• “Conan” – Peter Sarsgaard (“Blue Jasmine”) and stunt man Steven Ho.
• “Jon Stewart” – John Oliver guest hosts and talks to the manager of Egypt’s national soccer team, Bob Bradley.
• “The Colbert Report” – Author Olympia Snowe (“Fighting for Common Ground: How We Can Fix the Stalemate in Congress”).
• “Chelsea Lately” – “Hart of Dixie’s” Rachel Bilson (“The To Do List”).
• “Piers Morgan Tonight” – Chef Anthony Bourdain guest hosts and his guests are chefs Mario Batali (“The Chew”), Eric Ripert (“Top Chef”), and Dominique Ansel.
43% of People Say Their Office Is Basically Like High School
In a new survey, 43% of people say their office is like a HIGH SCHOOL . . . where everyone’s in a CLIQUE. And at least a quarter of them have done something they didn’t want to, just so they could fit in. 19% have made fun of a coworker, 15% have hidden their politics, and 9% have SMOKED during smoke breaks.
The 50 Hardest Working Cities in the U.S.
We’ve got a new list today of the hardest working cities in the U.S., based on everything from the average hours people work, to how little they sleep. The top five are Seattle, Washington . . . Arlington, Texas . . . Fort Worth, Texas . . . Austin, Texas . . . and San Jose, California.
Falling Coconuts and Vending Machines Kill More People Each Year Than Sharks . . . and Seven More Facts to Put Your Fears in Perspective
Here are a few REAL facts to put your fears in perspective. Falling coconuts and vending machines each kill more people every year than sharks. Every year, deer kill more people than bears, dogs, wolves, alligators, sharks, spiders, bees, wasps, scorpions, and snakes . . . COMBINED. And in the average plane crash, more than 90% of the people on board survive.
Did You Know Words Like Frigging, Tricked Out, and Unfriend Have Been Around for Centuries?
Here are a few slang terms that have been around for centuries, believe it or not. Friend and unfriend have been used as verbs since the 1600s. Frigging and tricked out both come from the 1500s. And hipster has been around since the early 1900s.
People Are Happiest When They Buy a Porsche, and Least Happy When They Buy a Smart Car
J.D. Power and Associates just released the results of its annual survey on how HAPPY people are with their new cars right after they buy them. And you’ll never believe it, but buying a really expensive car is delightful
Porsche owners were the happiest, followed by Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Jaguar, Lincoln, and Infiniti. What do those 10 brands have in common? They’re 10 of the MOST EXPENSIVE brands we’ve got
The least-satisfied new car owners are people who bought SMART cars. (USA Today)
The Baby Boom From Superstorm Sandy Is Here . . . Births in New Jersey Are Way Up
It’s been just about nine months since Superstorm Sandy hit. And that means New Jersey is having a BABY BOOM, from all the people who hunkered down indoors and had sex. Most hospitals in the parts of Jersey that were affected are seeing a 20% to 30% increase in births over the average for this time of year.
A Kitten Nearly Dies on a Vegan Diet . . . and Is Rescued by Meat
Earlier this month, a veterinary hospital in Australia treated a kitten who was near death . . . because its owners had tried to turn it VEGAN. Cats are carnivores, so the kitten recovered after the vets fed it lots of meat. And now it’s up for adoption.
Michael Welch – 26 (Mike Newton, one of Bella’s boring human friends, in the “Twilight” movies. You’d also know him as Joan’s brother on “Joan of Arcadia”.)
Louise Brown – 35 (The word’s first test tube baby . . . born in Oldham, England. She had a baby of her own that she conceived naturally. He’s five years old now and she named him Cameron.)
Tera Patrick – 37 (Exotic-looking mattress actress (she’s Thai/British) who was married to the Biohazard singer Evan Seinfeld.)
D.B. Woodside – 44 (Was President Wayne Palmer on “24″.)
Matt LeBlanc – 46 (He’s playing a fictionalized version of himself on Showtime’s “Episodes”, for which he’s already won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy.)
Gail Force – 47 (Mattress actress whose 180 fine films include . . . “Coming In America”, “Sex Fifth Avenue”, “Hills Have Thighs”, “White Trash, Black Splash” AND “Butt’s Up Doc 2″.)
Illeana Douglas – 48 (You’d know her if you saw her . . . but this is RADIO. Oddly-sexy character actress who played the art teacher in “Ghost World”, hypnotized Kevin Bacon in “Stir of Echoes” and played Matt Dillon’s sister in “To Die For”.)
Roger Clinton – 57 (Brother of Bill and THE star of “Bio-Dome”, “Spy Hard” and “Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings”!!!)
Iman – 58 (David Bowie’s Nubian Queen.)
Verdine White – 62 (Earth, Wind & Fire.) (Their biggest jams include . . . “Shining Star”, “Got to Get You Into My Life”, “Sing a Song”, “September”, “Boogie Wonderland”, “After the Love Has Gone” and “Let’s Groove”.)
Manny Charlton – 72 (Nazareth)
Estelle Getty – Would have been 90 – (1923 – 2008) (Sadly, she died just three days short of her 85th birthday. You’d know her as Bea Arthur’s mom on “The Golden Girls” AND Sylvester Stallone’s mom in “Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot”.)
(Trivia: Even though she played Bea Arthur’s mother on “The Golden Girls”, Estelle was actually two and a half months YOUNGER than Bea.)
Brad Renfro – Would have been 31 – (1982 – 2008) (A once-promising young actor who went on to develop a pretty long rap sheet. He was in “The Client” with Tommy Lee Jones when he was 12. He died of an accidental heroin overdose in January of 2008.)
Walter Payton – (1954 – 1999) (“Sweetness”. Chicago Bears legend.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 1 day until “The Wolverine”
• 5 days to a Backstreet Boys disc
• 36 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 56 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 1,275 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day…
61 years ago . . . in 1952 – PUERTO RICO became a self-governing commonwealth of the United States.
33 years ago . . . in 1980 – “Caddyshack” was released, starring the incredible BILL MURRAY and an infamously unwrapped Baby Ruth.
28 years ago . . . in 1985 - A spokeswoman for ROCK HUDSON confirmed that the manly actor, hospitalized in Paris, was suffering from AIDS. Rock Hudson died the following October.
23 years ago . . . in 1990 – ROSEANNE grabbed her hefty crotch while butchering the “Star-Spangled Banner” at a San Diego Padres game. She was booed.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 – “Air Force One” was released . . . starring HARRISON FORD as the President.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 – The wonderful WOODSTOCK ’99 music festival in Rome, New York, ended in fires, looting and rape.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 – LANCE ARMSTRONG rode to victory in the TOUR DE FRANCE on one testicle . . . and apparently quite a few performance enhancers.
13 years ago . . . in 2000 – Texas Governor GEORGE W. BUSH selected heart-attack-machine DICK CHENEY to be his running mate.
Five years ago . . . in 2008 - CALIFORNIA became the first state to ban TRANS FATS from restaurant food.
10 Year Flashback: Kobe Bought His Wife a $4 Million Ring to Apologize for Adultery . . . and Flash-Forward to Today’s Perspective on the Kobe Scandal
Our Flashback section features a story we were talking about on The Complete Sheet 10 years ago to this day. We’ve also added some modern perspective to give these stories some context today.
Flashback to 2003: Kobe Bought His Wife a $4 Million Ring to Apologize for Adultery
Obviously, we don’t know yet whether the sex between KOBE BRYANT and that 19-year-old hotel concierge was consensual or not. But either way, we know Kobe did the deed. And check out how Kobe deals with his guilt. Just this past Monday, Kobe, his wife VANESSA and their six-month-old daughter Natalia showed up at an exclusive jewelry shop in Santa Monica. . . where they picked up the SURPRISE 8-CARAT, $4 MILLION PURPLE DIAMOND RING Kobe had ordered for her!
The jeweler told “People”, quote, “They looked very happy together. When they left, Kobe and Vanessa were holding hands.”
Today’s Perspective . . . Kobe and Vanessa Have Been Up and Down Ever Since
This story really seemed to resonate . . . even 10 years later, people STILL talk about how Kobe tried to win his wife back with the ring. But did the ring REALLY save the marriage?
After the sexual assault charges against Kobe were dropped and he settled a civil suit out of court, he and Vanessa had a LOT of ups and downs.
Finally, in 2011, she ended up filing for divorce . . . but earlier this year, Kobe announced they’d called off that divorce.