Your daily dose of WHATEVER includes:
- Khloe Kardashian files for divorce.
- Taylor Swift celebrates her birthday!
- Family Guy brought Brian back!
Khloe Kardashian Has Filed for Divorce from Lamar Odom
KHLOE KARDASHIAN filed for divorce Friday from LAMAR ODOM, citing irreconcilable differences. A source says, quote, “Lamar expected this. He’s fine with it. He just wants it over swiftly and smoothly now. He’s had time to come to terms with it . . . He just wants to move on with his life now.”
A source says, quote, “Lamar expected this. He’s fine with it. He just wants it over swiftly and smoothly now. He’s had time to come to terms with it . . . He just wants to move on with his life now.”
Both Khloe and Lamar are worth millions, but they reportedly had a prenup that kept all their assets separate . . . which should make the split that much simpler.
Sources say the last straw for Khloe was that drunken freestyle rap video Lamar made, in which he bragged about cheating on her.
Meanwhile, there’s already a rumor going around that Khloe is hooking up with L.A. Dodger MATT KEMP. As you may recall, RIHANNA rebounded with him after CHRIS BROWN assaulted her back in 2009.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
2. MILEY CYRUS posted a CENSORED photo of herself exposing her boobs as part of that “Free the Nipple” campaign.
3. “Flare” magazine needlessly Photoshopped JENNIFER LAWRENCE for their new cover photo, as this GIF proves.
4. HEATHER GRAHAM is 43 . . . but somebody forgot to tell her body. And her face.
5. TAYLOR SWIFT celebrated her 24th birthday with a garden party in Melbourne, Australia. And LORDE was there.
6. Check out a group photo from the World War Two movie “Fury” that includes allegedly feuding stars BRAD PITT and SHIA LABEOUF.
7. Here’s another list of the top celebrity photos of the year.
8. Even Kanye would have to agree: His ex-girlfriend AMBER ROSE has a baby body that puts KIM KARDASHIAN’S to shame.
10. If you’re into SIMON BAKER from “The Mentalist”, here he is without a shirt.
11. LADY GAGA and R. KELLY revealed the “artwork” for their duet “Do What U Want”. It kind of looks like he’s about to urinate on her, but she’s a little too old for him.
Peter O’Toole Is Dead at 81
Legendary actor PETER O’TOOLE died Saturday after a “long illness”. He was 81.
O’Toole’s films include “Lawrence of Arabia”, “Becket”, “The Lion in Winter” and “My Favorite Year”. He was also the voice of Anton Ego in the 2007 Pixar movie “Ratatouille”.
He won four Golden Globes, but never an Oscar. In fact, he held the record for most Oscar nominations without a win, with EIGHT. He was given an HONORARY Oscar in 2003. (Here are some celebrity Tweets.)
Tom Laughlin . . . Billy Jack Himself . . . Is Dead
TOM LAUGHLIN . . . BILLY JACK himself . . . died last Thursday at the age of 82, due to complications from pneumonia. The 1971 classic “Billy Jack” is one of the most successful independent movies of all time, and he wrote, directed and starred in it, along with its two sequels, “The Trial of Billy Jack” and “Billy Jack Goes to Washington”.
Paul Walker Was Laid to Rest on Saturday
Family and close friends attended a private memorial for PAUL WALKER at Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles on Saturday.
A witness says, quote, “His parents were there, along with his brothers and some other family members . . . A few people got up and gave tributes to Paul. It was hard for many people to talk, they were in tears and couldn’t finish what they were saying.”
A second service is being planned for “Fast & Furious” cast and crew.
Mark Wahlberg Says He’s the Best White Rapper-Turned Actor . . . And Talks About His ’90s Feud with Leonardo DiCaprio
MARK WAHLBERG proclaims himself the “best white rapper-turned actor.” He does give props to EMINEM for “8 Mile”, though. Meanwhile, he also says that back in the ’90s, he was a jerk to LEONARDO DICAPRIO at a charity basketball game, and it almost cost him his role in “The Basketball Diaries”.
He says, quote, “I’m the best white rapper-turned actor. EMINEM did a great job in ’8 Mile’, but he only made one movie so I definitely have that title.” (Obviously, Marky Mark has never seen “Cool As Ice“.)
Meanwhile, Mark says he had a little feud with LEONARDO DICAPRIO back in the ’90s that almost cost him a role in “The Basketball Diaries”.
“The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” Tops the Box Office with $74 million
“The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” earned $73.7 million to easily top the weekend box office. That’s a lot for a movie with such a long run-time, but still less than the $85 million opening of the first movie, “An Unexpected Journey”.
TYLER PERRY’S “A Madea Christmas” came in third with $16 million. Here are the Top Ten movies at the box office:
1. (NEW) “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, $73.7 million.
2. “Frozen”, $22.2 million. Up to $164 million in its 4th week.
3. (NEW) “Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas”, $16 million.
4. “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”, $13.2 million. Up to $357 million in its 4th week.
5. “Thor: The Dark World”, $2.7 million. Up to $198 million in its 6th week.
6. “Out of the Furnace”, $2.3 million. Up to $9.5 million in its 2nd week.
7. “Delivery Man”, $1.9 million. Up to $28 million in its 4th week.
8. “Philomena”, $1.8 million. Up to $11 million in its 4th week.
9. “The Book Thief”, $1.7 million. Up to $14.9 million in its 6th week.
10. “Homefront”, $1.6 million. Up to $18.4 million in its 3rd week.
Movies That Should Not Be Made: Ed Helms Will Star in a Reboot of “The Naked Gun”
ED HELMS is going to star in a reboot of the “Naked Gun” franchise. He’ll be playing Lieutenant Frank Drebin, who was BRILLIANTLY portrayed by LESLIE NIELSEN in the ’80s and ’90s.
Thus, we’re getting a reboot of the franchise starring ED HELMS as Lieutenant Frank Drebin . . . the character who was BRILLIANTLY played by the late LESLIE NIELSEN. There’s no word on any other casting yet.
Emilia Clarke from “Game of Thrones” Will Play Sarah Connor in the “Terminator” Reboot
EMILIA CLARKE, who plays Daenerys Targaryen on HBO’s “Game of Thrones”, has been cast as Sarah Connor in the upcoming “Terminator” reboot.
Sarah was played by LINDA HAMILTON in the original movies, and by LENA HEADEY on the TV series “The Sarah Connor Chronicles”. You’d also know Lena as Cersei Lannister on “Game of Thrones”.
“Family Guy” Brought Back Brian the Dog
“Family Guy” brought back Brian the Dog last night, after killing him off last month. Creator SETH MACFARLANE Tweeted, quote, “I mean, you didn’t really think we’d kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we’d have to be [effing] high. Oh and hey . . . thanks for caring so much about the canine Griffin. He is overcome with gratitude.”
Matthew Perry Will Star in a New “Odd Couple” TV Show
CBS is developing a new “Odd Couple” TV show, starring MATTHEW PERRY. He’s playing Oscar Madison. That’s the role JACK KLUGMAN played on the ’70s show, and WALTER MATTHAU played in the 1968 movie.
There’s no word who’s playing Felix Unger. TONY RANDALL played Felix on the old show, and JACK LEMMON had that role in the movie.
Matthew would also write and produce the show. There’s no timetable yet . . . but if everything works out, it could be in the running to make CBS’ schedule next fall.
“SNL” Will Have a Black Female Cast Member By Next Month
“Saturday Night Live” has been criticized for its lack of black female cast members, but “SNL” boss Lorne Michaels says the drought is coming to an end.
He tells the “New York Times” that “SNL” plans to add a black female cast member by NEXT MONTH. There’s no word yet on who it’ll be, but the show has been holding auditions recently.
Monday TV Reminders:
• “Monday Night Football” . . . 8:30 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on ESPN. The Detroit Lions host the Baltimore Ravens.
• “The Voice” [Final Performances] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on the CW.
• “Prep & Landing” . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on ABC. A holiday cartoon featuring Dave Foley and “Scrubs” minx Sarah Chalke as part of an elite team of elves dedicated to making sure Santa meets his December 25th deadline.
• “Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice” . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. The sequel is about an elf who troubleshoots a crisis when a kid hacks into Santa’s database, forcing him to turn to his estranged brother who works on the coal squad.
• “Ice Age: Mammoth Christmas” . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on Fox.
• “Chrissy & Mr. Jones” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on VH1.
• “The Sing-Off” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. The remaining contestants will perform songs to please all generations.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Will Ferrell (“Anchorman 2″) and the Top Ten List presented by the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner. Music Guest: Chris Cornell with Joy Williams.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Colin Farrell (“Saving Mr. Banks”) and Jeanne Tripplehorn (“Criminal Minds”). Music Guest: Megadeth.
• “The Tonight Show” – J.B. Smoove (“The Millers”) and Meredith Vieira. Music Guest: Jake Bugg.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Bill Cosby (“Far From Finished”) and Bonnie Raitt. (REPEAT)
• “Carson Daly” – Capital Cities and a look at “Humans of New York“. Music Guest: Nightmare and the Cat. (REPEAT)
• “Arsenio” – Nadine Velazquez (“Major Crimes”) and Rocky Carroll (“NCIS”). Music Guest: Gladys Knight.
• “Conan” – Barkhad Abdi (“Captain Phillips”), Jesse Tyler Ferguson (“Modern Family”) and comedian Tom Papa.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Sportscaster Joe Theismann.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Trace Adkins talks about his holiday album “The King’s Gift”.
• “Jon Stewart” – The first female Saudi Arabian filmmaker, Haifaa Al Mansour.
• “The Colbert Report” – Buzzfeed founder Jonah Peretti. Music Guests: Gregg Allman and The National.
Beyoncé’s Surprise Album Is a Phenomenon . . . and It’s Selling Like Crazy
BEYONCÉ’S surprise album is selling like CRAZY. The self-titled album sold over 430,000 copies in just ONE day, including 80,000 downloads within the first THREE HOURS. The album generated more than 1.2 million Tweets in just 12 hours, including a “Tweets per minute” spike of 5,300, which was more than “Sharknado” notched during its peak back in July.
Seven Random Christmas Facts for Monday
Here are some random new stats on Christmas. It would take the average parents $1,400 to buy everything on their kid’s Christmas list. 3% of Americans who celebrate Christmas won’t be exchanging gifts. Only 62% of people will go to church for Christmas. And 6% of people say they’d rather be alone in a desert than at home with their family on Christmas.
1. It would take the average parents $1,400 to buy everything on their kid’s Christmas list.
2. The average person will lose about three pounds preparing for Christmas . . . but will gain about six pounds by the end of the year.
3. 3% of Americans who celebrate Christmas won’t be exchanging gifts.
4. 95% of Americans celebrate Christmas . . . but only 62% of Americans will go to church on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
5. 62% of people say they’ll read your whole long Christmas letter, 24% will at least skim it . . . and 14% apparently don’t care what your family has accomplished this year.
6. The majority of people say hosting Christmas is more stressful than going to the dentist.
7. And finally, 6% of people say they’d rather be alone in a desert than at home with their family on Christmas.
A Mall Santa Is Giving Kids a Lie Detector Test to Find Out If They’re Naughty or Nice
This week, a mall Santa in London will actually be giving kids a surprise LIE DETECTOR TEST . . . to find out if they’re REALLY naughty or nice. The mall says they’re doing it to, quote, “instill a sense of honesty among children.”
The Six Conversation Tricks to Make People Like You
Here are some TRICKS you can use in conversations to make people like you. Encourage people to talk about themselves . . . ask for advice . . . repeat the last three words of their sentences . . . and gossip, but only about positive things.
1. Encourage people to talk about themselves. It gives their brain the same sensation as eating good food or getting money.
2. Ask for advice. Believe it or not, asking for advice helps make you seem more equal with people in more powerful positions than you.
3. Repeat the last three words of some of their sentences. It’s a technique even hostage negotiators use to build rapport and it’s surprisingly effective.
4. Gossip . . . but only about positive things. When you gossip about how attractive or smart or funny someone is, the other person will subconsciously associate YOU with those traits too.
5. Ask about something positive in their life before you ask other questions. Like, asking about their kids first will make them more positive about everything else.
6. Use questions to help people come up with ideas and answers themselves. They’re less likely to feel threatened or criticized. (The Week)
The Ten Most Instagrammed Places This Year Include Times Square, the Disney Parks . . . and Some Shopping Mall in Thailand?
Instagram just announced the ten most Instagrammed places this year, and number one is . . . the Siam Paragon shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand. We’re not sure why either. The rest of the top five are Times Square, Disneyland, the Bellagio fountains in Vegas, and Disney World.
1. Siam Paragon shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand.
2. Times Square, New York.
3. Disneyland, Anaheim, California.
4. The Bellagio fountains, Las Vegas, Nevada.
5. Disney World, Orlando, Florida.
6. The Staples Center, Los Angeles.
7. Central Park, New York.
8. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles.
9. Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, Thailand.
10. The High Line park, New York. (Instagram)
What’s the Best Two-Word Advice You’d Give Your Younger Self?
If you could go back and give your younger self advice . . . but it could only be TWO WORDS . . . what would you say? Some of the best ones we’ve heard are “ignore idiots” . . . “think first” . . . “don’t smoke” . . . “marry money” . . . and “buy Apple.”
1. “Ignore idiots.”
2. “Think first.”
3. “Stay single.”
4. “Don’t smoke.”
5. “Marry money.”
6. “Not her.”
7. “Plan better.”
8. “Buy Apple.”
What’s a Stereotype That You Totally Fulfill?
Ever been doing something and realized you were TOTALLY fulfilling a stereotype? Some of the best stories we’ve heard about that are a Swedish person whose room only has IKEA furniture . . . a person with an English degree who works as a barista . . . a vegan who always talks about being vegan . . . and a guy named Joe who’s totally average in every way.
1. “I’m Swedish, and my room only has IKEA furniture.”
2. “I’m a white girl. I wear UGGs and yoga pants to Starbucks.”
3. “I have an English degree and work as a barista.”
4. “I’m mixed race and identify as whatever race suits my needs at the current point in time.”
5. “I’m from Hazard, Kentucky and my name has four parts. Two of the four are ‘Dale’ and ‘Earnhardt’.”
6. “I’m single, and I get mad at people when they say ‘poke-E-mon’ instead of ‘poh-KAY-mon’.”
7. “I’m Irish and I sing and play folk music. The sadder, the better.”
8. “I’m a vegan and just mentioned that I’m a vegan.”
9. “My name is Joe. I’m average in every way.” (Reddit)
Scientists Have Found That Laughter Is Not the Best Medicine
A new study has found that laughter is NOT the best medicine. It helps in a few cases . . . but it can have rare dangerous effects too, like asthma attacks or torn throats. So it’s not exactly the best medicine, or the worst . . . it probably won’t have any effect either way.
Tomorrow’s Mega Millions Jackpot Is Worth $550 Million . . . But the Odds Are Worse Than Ever
The Mega Millions jackpot tomorrow is worth $550 million . . . that’s the fourth-highest jackpot in history. But the odds are worse than ever. It’s because the Mega Millions system changed in October. Now you have to pick numbers between one and 75, not one and 56. And that changed the odds from one in 176 million to one in 259 million.
Krysten Ritter – 32 (Chloe on “Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23″. She also had a stint on “Breaking Bad” as Jane Margolis a couple years ago.)
Anna Popplewell – 25 (Susan, the older sister in the “Chronicles of Narnia” films. She only had a cameo in third movie because Peter and Susan were too old to return to Narnia, and that one focused on the two younger kids. Now she’s one of Mary Queen of Scots’ hand maidens on the CW’s “Reign”.)
Flo Rida – 34 (Young urban troubadour. You remember “Low”, right? No? Has it been that long?)
Kaine – 35 (One half of the Ying Yang Twins. His real name is Eric Jackson.)
Sabrina Dawn – 42 (Mattress actress who has starred in 82 FINE films . . . including “Bush League 1″, “Jungle Beaver”, “The Search for Pink October”, “Lay, Lady, Lay”, “City Lickers” and “GRANDMA DOES DALLAS”!)
Michael McCary – 42 (Boyz II Menz. He retired from the group a few years ago due to BACK PROBLEMS . . . leaving them as a trio. Wait . . . Boyz II Men still exists??)
(Some of their biggest albums include: 1991′s “Cooleyhighharmony”, with “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday” and “Motownphilly”; 1994′s “(Two)”, with the oh-so-smooth “I’ll Make Love to You”, “On Bended Knee” AND “Water Runs Dry”; and 1997′s “Evolution”, with “4 Seasons of Lonliness” and “A Song for Mama”.)
Peter Dante – 45 (The quarterback from “The Waterboy”, Dante in “Grandma’s Boy”, and many other bit roles in Adam Sandler movies.)
Miranda Otto – 46 (Eowyn in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy . . . the chick who fulfilled the prophesy that the Witch-king would not die by “the hand of man” when she fought and killed him disguised as a man, with the help of the hobbit Merry.)
Benjamin Bratt – 50 (Julia Roberts’ former Latino lover. He shows up on “Modern Family” every once in a while as Manny’s real dad, Javier.)
William “The Refrigerator” Perry – 51 (Lost a “Celebrity Boxing” match to the late, great and unbelievably lanky MANUTE BOL.)
Jon Tenney – 52 (Who’s Jon Tenney? He’s the no-name actor who used to nail Teri Hatcher ANYTIME HE WANTED TO! They divorced in 2003. Now you might . . . just MIGHT . . . recognize him from that show, “The Closer”.)
Billy Gibbons – 64 (ZZ Top bad-ass.) (Biggest albums: 1983′s “Eliminator” . . . with “Gimme All Your Lovin’”, “Sharp Dressed Man” and “Legs”; and 1985′s “Afterburner” . . . featuring “Sleeping Bag”, “Rough Boy”, “Stages” and “Velcro Fly”.)
BENNY ANDERSSON! – 67 (ABBA!)
Steven Bochco – 70 (Created “Hill St. Blues”, “L.A. Law”, “NYPD Blue”, “Doogie Howser, M.D.” and “COP ROCK”!)
Lesley Stahl – 72 (“60 Minutes” honey-baby.)
Sir Arthur C. Clarke – Would have been 96 – (1917 – 2008) (Author of “2001: A Space Odyssey”.)
Philip K. Dick – (1928 – 1982) (Brilliant author whose work was the basis for movies like “Minority Report”, “Blade Runner”, “Total Recall” and Ben Affleck’s 2003 abomination, “Paycheck”. Plus we just like saying Dick . . . Phillip K.)
Ludwig van Beethoven – (1770 – 1827) (Composed his greatest works while DEAF.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 9 days until Christmas
• 16 days until the New Year
• 48 days until Super Bowl 48
• 53 days to the Winter Olympics
• 60 days to Valentine’s Day
• 1,131 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day
240 years ago . . . in 1773 - THE BOSTON TEA PARTY went down when American colonists boarded a British ship and dumped more than 300 chests of tea overboard to protest tea taxes.
202 years ago . . . in 1811 – Before the RICHTER SCALE, seismologists rated earthquakes on a scale from 1 to 12. On this day in 1811, the only “12″ earthquake ever recorded rocked MISSOURI.
62 years ago . . . in 1951 – The first TV episode of “Dragnet” aired!
47 years ago . . . in 1966 – “Hey Joe”, the first single by JIMI HENDRIX, was released in the U.K.
46 years ago . . . in 1967 – THE LEMON PIPERS RELEASED THE WAY GROOVY SMASH SINGLE, “GREEN TAMBOURINE”!
42 years ago . . . in 1971 – DON MCLEAN’S eight-minute smash, “American Pie”, was released.
40 years ago . . . in 1973 - Buffalo Bills running back (slash) future double-murderer and armed robber O.J. SIMPSON became the first NFL player to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season.
28 years ago . . . in 1985 – SYLVESTER STALLONE and Brigitte Nielsen took time off from working on the blockbuster movie “Cobra” . . . to get married! (They got divorced a year and a half later . . . in July of 1987.)
26 years ago . . . in 1987 – MADONNA filed for divorce from SEAN PENN for a second time . . . and this time she followed through.
15 years ago . . . in 1998 – PRESIDENT CLINTON ordered a sustained series of air strikes against Iraq in response to Saddam Hussein’s continued defiance of U.N. weapons inspectors. So . . . the House delayed a debate set to begin the next day on four articles of impeachment against Slick Willie.
13 years ago . . . in 2000 - (President-elect) GEORGE W. BUSH selected COLIN POWELL to become the first African-American Secretary Of State. Remember when that used to be a big deal, Barack?
10 years ago . . . in 2003 – WYNONNA JUDD pleaded guilty to drunk driving. She was ordered to perform 200 hours of community service and lost her driver’s license for a year.
8 years ago . . . in 2005 – Emmy-winning “West Wing” actor JOHN SPENCER, who played Chief of Staff Leo McGarry on the show, died of a heart attack at 58.
6 years ago . . . in 2007 – Old-school singer DAN FOGELBERG died from prostate cancer at 56.
(He’s most famous for “Leader of the Band”, but David Archuleta took Dan’s song “Longer” to new heights when he sang it in the “American Idol” finals.)
3 years ago . . . in 2010 -“Pink Panther” director BLAKE EDWARDS died of pneumonia at 88. He was married to JULIE ANDREWS, who he directed in “Victor / Victoria”, “10″, and “S.O.B.”, the one in which she rips off her top and exposes her beautiful British breasts.