Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Selena Gomez Says She’s the Girl You Take Home to Your Parents:
SELENA GOMEZ is kind of the anti-Miley Cyrus. And in the new issue of “Teen Vogue”, she OWNS it.
She says, quote, “I’ve tried [to be bad], and I’ve never been that girl. I’m always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night.”
Meanwhile, Selena will do the halftime show when the Dallas Cowboys take on the Oakland Raiders on Thanksgiving Day at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Drew Barrymore is Pregnant Again
DREW BARRYMORE and her husband Will Kopelman are expecting their second child, according to her rep. There’s no word how far along she is, but she was photographed with a little bit of a bump on Sunday. (Here are the pics.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. CLAIRE DANES goes topless . . . but covered . . . for “Interview” magazine. (Here are the pics.)
2. EVA LONGORIA showed off her midsection during a jog in Malibu. (Here are some pics.)
3. Would you like to see pictures of the ‘N SYNC guys in their Men’s Warehouse tuxedos at CHRIS KIRKPATRICK’S wedding? (Here you go.)
4. Pregnant, 44-year-old GWEN STEFANI looks fantastic . . . and even a little busty. (Check her out here.)
6. SHARON STONE was having a blast at Sunday’s Laker game . . . then she got strangely intense. (Check out all the pics here.)
7. MARILYN MANSON looked pretty weird without makeup on “Eastbound & Down” the other night. (Here are some pics.)
Was 20-Year-Old Miley Cyrus Drinking on Halloween Night?
MILEY CYRUS was photographed leaving a club on Halloween night with a bottle of what looked like Malibu rum. She’s only 20 years old. Meanwhile, ADAM LAMBERT won’t say whether or not a cigarette he was photographed handing her at the club was a joint.
Jennifer Lopez Says She’s Never Had Plastic Surgery of Any Kind
Some British plastic surgeon decided to pick a fight with J-Lo’s face on Twitter.
He posted supposed “before and after” photos of JENNIFER LOPEZ and said, quote, “These before and after pics of J-Lo show many signs of plastic surgery . . . naturally pretty but now looks amazing.”
Jennifer did NOT let it stand. She replied, quote, “Sorry Sir, but I have never had plastic surgery of any kind. #fact” (Check out the original post and J-Lo’s response here.)
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox. Patton Oswalt guest stars as a fire marshal.
• “The Voice” [The Live Playoffs] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Jimi Hendrix – Hear My Train a Comin'” . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on PBS. A documentary that features never-before-seen Jimi Hendrix performances . . . plus interviews with Paul McCartney, former girlfriends, and Hendrix family members.
• “New Girl” . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on Fox. Damon Wayans Jr. returns as Coach, and Taye Diggs gets NAKED!
• “Countdown to the CMA Awards” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. Robin Roberts speaks with Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Shania Twain, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers, plus “Nashville’s” Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton.
• “Shahs of Sunset” [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Bravo.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Zachary Levi (“Thor: The Dark World”) and Reza Farahan (“Shahs of Sunset”) are guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Hill Harper (“Covert Affairs”) and chef Giada De Laurentiis for her cookbook “Giada’s Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets”.
• “Good Morning America” – Chris Hemsworth (“Thor: The Dark World”), former president Jimmy Carter, and the latest “Dancing with the Stars” rejects, Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd. Music Guest: Avril Lavigne.
• “CBS This Morning” – Simon Baker (“The Mentalist”) and former NBA star Julius Erving for his book “Dr. J: The Autobiography”.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Chris Hemsworth (“Thor: The Dark World”). Music Guest: The Wanted.
• “The View” – Kathy Griffin and the latest “Dancing with the Stars” rejects, Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd. Brad Garrett co-host.
• “Rachael Ray” – “The View’s” Jenny McCarthy.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Matthew McConaughey (“Dallas Buyers Club”) and Taye Diggs (“The Best Man Holiday”). Music Guest: James Blunt.
• “The Talk” – A “Love Boat” reunion with Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, Ted Lange, Fred Grandy, Lauren Tewes, and Jill Whelan. PLUS: Jack Jones will even be there to perform “The Love Boat’s” theme song.
• “Katie Couric” – Katey Sagal (“Sons of Anarchy”), plus Olympians Lindsey Vonn, Evan Lysacek and Julie Chu. (Here’s a preview clip of Lindsey.)
• “Queen Latifah Show” – Kat Dennings (“Thor: The Dark World”) and Ellen Pompeo (“Grey’s Anatomy”).
• “Steve Harvey” – The cast of WWE’s “Total Divas”. Plus: Family therapist Stacy Kaiser offers advice for how to speak with teenage girls about body image.
• “Dr. Phil” – “Exclusive: Ariel Castro’s First Victim” Cleveland kidnapping survivor Michelle Knight discusses her abduction at the hands of Ariel Castro. (Check out a preview clip here.)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – “What the Food Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know”. A discussion about genetically modified crops and pesticides.
• “Wendy Williams” – DMX and Swizz Beatz are interviewed and also perform.
• “Bethenny” – Melissa Joan Hart (for her book “Melissa Explains It All: Tales from My Abnormally Normal Life”) and former “Top Model” contestant Toccara Jones.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Kathy Griffin and author Bruce McCall (“This Land Was Made for You and Me (But Mostly Me): Billionaires in the Wild”). Music Guest: J. Cole.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Vince Vaughn (“Delivery Man”) and Mark Consuelos (“Alpha House”). Music Guest: St. Lucia.
• “The Tonight Show” – Liam Hemsworth (“Catching Fire”) and J.B. Smoove (“The Millers”). Music Guest: The Rides.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Lucy Liu (“Elementary”), Zachary Quinto (“Thor: The Dark World”), and chef Giada De Laurentiis.
• “Carson Daly” – Comedienne Kira Soltanovich and a look at the film “Kill Your Darlings”. Music Guest: The Naked and Famous.
• “Arsenio” – Ted Danson (“CSI”) and Shemar Moore (“Criminal Minds”). Music Guest: Atlas Genius.
• “Conan” – Boston Red Sox outfielders Shane Victorino and Jonny Gomes. Also: Comedian Artie Lange pimps his book “Crash and Burn”. Music Guest: Johnny Marr.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Kevin Kline (“Last Vegas”) and Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lifetime’s “Witches of East End”).
• “Chelsea Lately” – Stephen Amell (“Arrow”).
• “Jon Stewart” – John Goodman (“Alpha House”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Julius Erving for his book “Dr. J: The Autobiography”.
Eminem, Avril Lavigne and The Wanted Have New CDs Out Today
• “The Marshall Mathers LP2″, Eminem. His eighth album includes guest appearances from Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Skylar Grey, and Fun singer Nate Ruess.
• “Avril Lavigne”, the self-titled fifth album from Avril Lavigne. It includes “Let Me Go“, which she did with her husband Chad Kroeger from Nickelback . . . and “Rock N Roll”, which features “Wonder Years” minx Danica McKellar in the video. CAREFUL: That video has uncensored profanity.
• “Matangi”, M.I.A. Her fourth album is sort of self-titled because it’s very similar to her real first name Mathangi. M.I.A. had to threaten to leak the album a few months ago in order to get her label to even set a release date.
• “Proof Of Life”, the second solo album from Scott Stapp of Creed
• “Word Of Mouth”, the third album by the British boy band The Wanted. It includes “Walks Like Rihanna”, “We Own the Night”, and “Chasing the Sun”.
• “Moon Landing”, the fourth album from James Blunt
• “Magic Hour”, the first new album in 14 years from Luscious Jackson
• “Tres Cabrones”, the 19th album by The Melvins
“The Hobbit”, “White House Down” and “Lovelace” Are Out on DVD Today
• “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey“ . . . Ian McKellen is back as Gandalf, Martin Freeman plays Bilbo Baggins, and Richard Armitage is the leader of the dwarves, the warrior Thorin Oakenshield.
• “White House Down“ . . . Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx star in this thriller about the White House being taken over by terrorists. Jamie is the President, and Channing plays a D.C. cop caught there during his interview for a job with the Secret Service.
• “Grown Ups 2“ . . . Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, and David Spade return for the sequel where Sandler moves his family back to his hometown.
• “Lovelace“ stars Amanda Seyfried as ’70s porn star Linda Lovelace in a movie based on her memoirs about the abuse she suffered making “Deep Throat”. Adam Brody is her “Deep Throat” costar and Peter Sarsgaard plays her abusive husband.
• “Parkland“ is about the events after JFK was shot. Paul Giamatti is the guy who filmed the motorcade footage, Billy Bob Thornton is the secret service agent who chose the route, and Zac Efron is the doctor who tried to save Kennedy’s life.
And here are some video game releases that might interest you:
• “Zumba Fitness World Party“ on Xbox360 and both versions of the Wii. It includes music from Lady Gaga, Marc Anthony, Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, and Ziggy Marley, along with dozens of international tracks. (Trailer) (Track List)
The Tenth “Call of Duty” Is Out Today . . . Here’s What You Need to Know
“Call of Duty: Ghosts“ is the TENTH game in the “Call of Duty” franchise. The voice cast includes “Avatar” villain Stephen Lang and failed Superman Brandon Routh.
For the first time ever, you’ll be able to create female characters which you can customize and play online. Riley, the German shepherd guard dog from the campaign, is also available as one of the new killstreaks that you’ll be able to earn in multiplayer.
All the classic game modes are back, along with Kill Confirmed and “MW3’s” Infected, and there are several interesting new twists to multiplayer. Here are some of them:
• Search & Rescue is a new S&D variant where . . . instead of being stuck alone when your team dies . . . you can revive fallen teammates if you can get to them fast enough.
• Cranked is a fast-paced game where a countdown timer is reset each time you get a kill, and you’ll have to get another kill before the clock runs out OR YOU EXPLODE.
• Squads is new set of game modes where all the characters you created for multiplayer fight alongside you against the A.I.-controlled squads of other players.
If you care about storyline, the U.S. is devastated by an orbital strike and in the aftermath of that attack, a coalition of South American countries called the Federation invades. You’re part of a unit sent to assassinate the leaders of the Federation.
The PS4 console hits stores on November 15th, and the Xbox One is out a week later on November 22nd. You’ll be able to upgrade your copy of “Ghosts” to those next-gen consoles for an additional 10 bucks. Click here for the PS4 and XBO upgrade details.
10% of People Are So Stressed They’re Near Their “Breaking Point” . . . and Four Other Stats on Stress
Here are some new stats on STRESS. 10% of people say they’re so stressed they’re near their “breaking point” . . . a study found that parents who are stressed can slow down their babies’ development . . . and 30% of men and 22% of women say they DRINK to cope with stress.
The Key to a Happy Marriage Is . . . How Fast the Wife Stops Being Angry After an Argument
According to a new study, the key to marital happiness is . . . how fast the WIFE stops being angry after arguments. The researchers found it didn’t matter how fast or slow the husband got over arguments . . . the wife’s speed is really what determined the couple’s happiness going forward.
The Top Seven Things That Make Us Run Out of Breath
According to a very random new survey, the most common things that cause us to run out of breath include running to catch a bus, walking up a flight of stairs, walking around with heavy shopping bags, having sex, vacuuming, and gardening.
1. Running to catch a bus or a train
2. Walking up a flight of stairs
3. Walking around with heavy shopping bags
6. Cleaning or vacuuming
A Baby Born on Halloween Is Named “Freddy” . . . and His Family’s Last Name is “Krueger”
On Halloween, a guy named John Krueger and his girlfriend, Jessica Briley, had a baby boy. So it would be amusing if they named the kid FREDDY KRUEGER, right? Well . . . they actually DID. Both Freddy Krueger and Jessica are doing well.
The Most Popular Men’s Name in the U.S. Is “James Smith” . . . the Top Women’s Name Is “Maria Garcia”
There’s a new list out of the most popular FULL NAMES in the U.S. The top five are James Smith, Michael Smith, Robert Smith, Maria Garcia, and David Smith.
1. James Smith, 38,313 people.
2. Michael Smith, 34,810.
3. Robert Smith, 34,269.
4. Maria Garcia, 32,092.
5. David Smith, 31,294.
6. Maria Rodriguez, 30,507.
7. Mary Smith, 28,692.
8. Maria Hernandez, 27,836.
9. Maria Martinez, 26,956.
10. James Johnson, 26,850. (Slate)
(You can also see the 20 most common first names and 20 most common last names here.)
What’s the Most Embarrassing Thing You Did in Public That No One Noticed?
What’s the most embarrassing thing you did in public that somehow no one noticed? A few good ones we’ve heard are a guy who peed on a ropes course but got away with it because it was raining . . . and a woman whose dress ripped completely open but she managed to hold it together and grab her coat without anyone seeing.
Four Secrets From a Former UPS Worker on How to Make Sure Your Package Gets Where It’s Going
1. Don’t bother writing “FRAGILE” on the box. Each handler loads about 250 packages an hour. They aren’t going to notice “fragile” . . . and since SO many boxes say “fragile,” they’ll probably ignore it anyway.
2. Disguise your box as a gift. The one time the handlers WILL take special care of a package is if it looks like a kid put some effort into making sure it looks good. So wrap it, add bows, maybe add a handwritten message in crayon, and you’re good.
3. Don’t reuse boxes without removing EVERY old sticker. The scanners scan the first barcode they encounter. So if there’s an old shipping label on there, or a FedEx or Post Office label that could scan . . . your package could be lost.
4. Follow their instructions perfectly. If your package IS destroyed or lost, you might be able to get reimbursed . . . but follow ALL of their instructions. Use a new box, don’t overpack it, use wide tape, and waterproof what’s inside. (Cracked)
Arby’s Is Finally Selling Horsey Sauce in Take-Home Bottles
Your entire life, you’ve had to go to Arby’s to enjoy the creamy horror-pleasure of their signature HORSEY SAUCE. Those days are FINALLY over.
Arby’s is about to start selling bottled versions of their Horsey Sauce . . . which is a horseradish and mayo blend . . . and their Arby’s Sauce, which is their sweet barbeque sauce.
The bottles will sell for $2.49 each in stores. And with that, we just gave you the first GOOD Christmas present suggestion of the year. (Brand Eating)
Five Problems With Being Left-Handed You Probably Never Thought About
Here are a few problems that come with being left-handed you probably never thought of. When you write with a pen that screws together in the middle, it slowly unscrews . . . it’s tough to drive a stick shift . . . and the opening in pants and boxers is designed for people who use their right hand.
1. When you write with a pen that screws together in the middle, it slowly unscrews . . . because you’re gradually turning it left, which loosens it.
2. Driving a stick shift.
3. Writing on a spiral notebook or three-ring binder hurts because your hand is stuck on the spiral . . . unless you turn the notebook upside-down. Also, it’s virtually impossible to write on a dry-erase board without erasing as you go.
4. The opening in pants and boxers is designed to favor people who use their right hand.
5. There are some guns that aren’t meant to be shot left-handed . . . so when you do, the casings fly into your face. (Reddit)
Kevin Jonas – 26 (FORMER oldest member of the Jonas Brothers.)
RYAN Adams – 39 (Singer who HATES it when people request “Summer of ’69”. He’s RYAN Adams, not BRYAN Adams . . . and he’s an important “artiste”. AND he used to nail Parker Posey. STFU.)
BRYAN ADAMS! – 54 (“Summer Of ’69”! SCREW RYAN ADAMS!)
Jonny Greenwood – 42 (Radiohead’s guitar, organ and synth MASTER.)
Jennifer & Heather Kinley – 43 (The Kinleys.)
Sam Rockwell – 45 (Justin Hammer in “Iron Man 2″ and CIA agent-slash-game show mogul Chuck Barris in “Confessions of A Dangerous Mind”. He was also in “The Green Mile”, “Charlie’s Angels”, “Galaxy Quest”, and “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”.)
Judy Reyes – 46 (Carla on “Scrubs”. Now she’s on Lifetime’s “Devious Maids”.)
Tatum O’Neal – 50 (Former child star . . . former Mrs. John McEnroe . . . former junkie. Still loves the crack, but hates getting hit on by her dad at funerals. They did the reality show “Ryan and Tatum: The O’Neals” for Oprah’s network . . . but they never reconciled in real life.)
Famke Janssen – 49 (Gorgeous minx from “X-Men” and “Nip / Tuck”. She was also Liam Neeson’s ex-wife in the “Taken” movies. Now she’s Olivia Godfrey on Netflix’s horror series “Hemlock Grove”.)
Tilda Swinton – 53 (The White Witch in “The Chronicles of Narnia”, the angel Gabriel in “Constantine” and Elizabeth in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”. People thought Cate Blanchett was funny looking until Tilda came along. Now Cate’s not lookin’ so bad.)
Robert Patrick – 55 (The evil T-1000 in “T2″. He’s also the ONLY actor who’s been killed on-screen by all three PLANET HOLLYWOOD founders: Bruce Willis in “Die Hard 2″, Sylvester Stallone in “Cop Land” and Arnold in “T2″.)
Kris Jenner – 58 (Overlord of the Kardashian empire.)
Bill Walton – 61 (Brilliant basketball announcer with the fire down below.)
Armin Shimerman – 64 (Principal Snyder in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and Quark the big-lobed Ferengi bartender on “Deep Space Nine”.)
Peter Noone – 66 (Lead singer of Herman’s Hermits.)
Sam Shepard – 70 (Mr. Jessica Lange. He played Ryan Gosling’s dad in “The Notebook” and Chuck Yeager in “The Right Stuff”.)
ART GARFUNKEL . . . AND HIS DELICIOUS JEW-FRO! – 72
Ike Turner – Would have been 82 – (1931 – 2007) (Biggest hit: “Proud Mary”.)
Roy Rogers – (1911 – 1998)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to “Thor: The Dark World”
• 17 days to “Catching Fire”
• 23 days until Thanksgiving
• 38 days to “The Desolation of Smaug”
• 50 days until Christmas
• 1,172 days left of “Hope and Change”
141 years ago . . . in 1872 – SUSAN B. ANTHONY was FINED $100 FOR VOTING in a presidential election.
She voted for Ulysses S. Grant, who won . . . and she never paid the fine. Women weren’t legally allowed to vote until 1920.
118 years ago . . . in 1895 – George B. Selden of Rochester, New York, received the first U.S. PATENT for an AUTOMOBILE. He later sold the rights . . . for $200,000.
102 years ago . . . in 1911 – Calbraith Rodgers completed THE FIRST U.S. COAST-TO-COAST FLIGHT in a Wright bi-plane. It took him 49 days, because he crashed 19 times.
He had a train follow him with spare parts so when something went wrong, he could patch it up and keep flying.
78 years ago . . . in 1935 – The game MONOPOLY was introduced by the Parker Brothers Company.
73 years ago . . . in 1940 – PRESIDENT FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT won an unprecedented THIRD term in office. After his FOURTH term, a Constitutional Amendment was passed limiting presidents to two terms.
58 years ago . . . in 1955 – THE FIRST FM-STEREO BROADCAST WAS MADE.
39 years ago . . . in 1974 – For some reason, Ella T. Grasso was elected governor of Connecticut . . . becoming the FIRST WOMAN to win a gubernatorial office WITHOUT succeeding her husband. (Yeah, so thanks for Sarah Palin, Ella.) (???)
36 years ago . . . in 1977 – GEORGE W. BUSH married the naughty LAURA WELCH. Today is their 36th Wedding Anniversary.
19 years ago . . . in 1994 – At age 45, GEORGE FOREMAN became boxing’s OLDEST HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP . . . by knocking out Michael Moorer in the 10th round of their WBA fight.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 – VAN HALEN FIRED GARY CHERONE. As if it was HIS fault. (???)
4 years ago . . . in 2009 – U.S. Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 and wounded 43 at Fort Hood, Texas. It was the worst mass shooting ever at an U.S. military institution.