Memorial Day Parades – Kent and Ottawa County
Here it’s Memorial Day Weekend. Many people view it as an extra day off, a day to grill, a day to have fun in the pool. But remember the true reason of Memorial Day, which is to remember – and give thanks for – the men and women who died serving their country in the Armed Forces.
To remember and respect, there are several parades around West Michigan. This is just a partial list that includes Kent and Ottawa County:
- Caledonia: Noon – Parade starting at Main Street and Kinsey Street
- Grand Rapids: 10:00am starting down Division to Fulton, ends at Veterans Memorial Park (near the Children’s Museum)
- Rockford: 9:00am Downtown
- Walker: Noon – Lake Michigan Drive
- Grand Haven: 9:30am On Washington Street from 6th Street to Harbor Drive.
- Holland: 9:30am starting at Eighth Street and Central Avenue
- Jenison: 9:00am Parade down Baldwin from 29th to Cottonwood Drive
- Spring Lake: 10:30am starting at Buchanan and Exchange Streets
- Zeeland: 9:00am starting at Main Avenue and Centennial Street