Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
Hey Intern Jeff here , earlier this morning we talked about my Candy Cane Sugar Cookies and just wanted to share the recipe with you guys. Here ya go hope you guys enjoy.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- **To crush Candy Canes Just take the whole box unwrap all the candy canes and put them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- 1 In large bowl, beat 3 cups powdered sugar, the butter, vanilla, 1 teaspoon almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. add the crushed up candy canes Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2 Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with 3-inch cookie cutters. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Then enjoy.