ArtPrize Spotlight 2012- Top 10 Finalists Revealed
The ArtPrize 2012 Top 10 were announced Sunday at Rosa Parks Circle. Round 2 voting started at 2 pm on Sunday and will go through 11:59 pm. on Thursday.
Out of these top ten, only one will win the $200,000 first prize. Second place gets $75,000, and third $50,000. The seven finalists in fourth through 10th place all will be awarded $5,000.
Here are the 2012 ArtPrize Top 10!
ArtPrize Top 10 (Alphabetical by art piece, followed by artist and venue)
- “City Band” by Chris LaPorte – GRAM
- “Elephants” Adonna Khare – GRAM
- “Lights in the Night” by Mike Carpenter and Dan Johnson
- “Life in Wood” by Dan Heffron – The B.O.B.
- “Origami” by Kumi Yamashita – GRAM
- “Rebirth of Spring” by Frits Hoendervanger – Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- “Return to Eden” by Sandra Bryant – Grand Rapids Public Museum
- “Song of Lift” by Martijn van Wagtendonk – UICA
- “Stick-to-it-ive-ness: Unwavering pertinacity; perseverance” by Richard Morse – Grand River
- “The Chase” by Artistry of Wildlife (Dennis Harris, Paul Thompson, Andrew Harris, Joseph Miles and Jamie Outman) – Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
The final ArtPrize Awards ceremony will be held Friday, October 5th at 7:30 at the former Grand Rapids Press building.