ArtPrize Announces Jurors For 2013
ArtPrize begins September 18, but it’s been a busy spring for ArtPrize fans.
Artist registration and artist/venue matching are currently taking place.
Yesterday, ArtPrize announced the jurors for this year’s competition.
Artist registration runs through June 6, while Artist/venue matching runs through June 20. As of this morning, a total of 125 matches have been made.
Yesterday, ArtPrize revealed the art professionals who will have a major impact on this year’s event…the jurors.
The jurors will award $200,000 in prize money:
- Grand Prize – $100,000
- 2-D – $20,000
- 3-D – $20,000
- Time/Performance – $20,000
- Urban Space – $20,000
- Venue – $20,000
The jurors will also help to sway public opinion…which can lead to more money and more recognition.
ArtPrize.org introduces us to the jurors for ArtPrize 2013:
- Anne Pasternak is the President and Artistic Director of Creative Time, an organization that stages ambitious public art projects in New York City and around the world.
- Manon Slome is President and Chief Curator of No Longer Empty, a non-profit organization that stages exhibitions in unused urban spaces.
- Mel Chin is an artist whose work evades easy classification. Alchemy, botany, and ecology intersect in his work.
- John Yau is a poet and critic based in New York. He has published over 50 books of artists’ books, fiction, poetry, and art criticism.
- Hesse McGraw is a curator, writer and artist working as curator at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Rashida Bumbray is an independent curator living and working in New York.
- Eva Franch I Gilabert is the director of Storefront for Art and Architecture in New York City.
- Alice Gray Stites is Chief Curator and Director of Art Programming for 21cMuseum, a unique hotel and contemporary art museum with locations in Louisville, Cincinnati, and Bentonville.