10 Largest Social Media Marketing Fails Of 2013
This year some companies soared above all others at FAILING A BIG ONE. Here’s the worst social media marketing fails of this year.
10. A strip club in Australia posts a fake time stamped photo of one of their dancers. The time stamp would only make her 15. Oops.
9. Kmart wasn’t exactly anticipating the backlash they got for staying open for 41 hours on Black Friday. They responded to 100’s of tweets with the SAME DARN MESSAGE!
8. The Home Depot may have got a little racist here.
Twitter/The Home Depot
7. This is just wrong on so may levels. The entire campaign of “Got insurance” was just a complete mess.
6. British entertainment retailer HMV lost control of their employees who went crazy on their twitter talking about a mass firing spree. YIKES!
5. This airport posted a picture that was supposed to make customers feel safe. The photo was of an older plane crash that killed a little boy.
4. Pepsi’s Swedish branch released a set of Facebook ads featuring Cristiano Ronaldo in all sorts of crazy death scenarios. They pulled the ads after 100,000 people joined a hate page.
3. J.P. Morgan tried to do a twitter Q&A with followers. Most of them just trolled them about their massive money fails over the years…
2. This cooking site tried to encourage people to bake after the Boston Marathon.