Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
Kate Upton Felt Terrible About Herself After Her First “Sports Illustrated” Cover
KATE UPTON says she felt “terrible” about herself after her first “Sports Illustrated” cover . . . quote, “I’m not a toy, I’m a human. I’m not here to be used. I am a grown woman, and you need to figure your [crap] out.” She would also like you to know that she’s not a dumb blonde.
Celebrities Who Are Sexy Over 60
The Huffington Post has put together a slideshow of celebrities who are Sexy Over 60. It includes Pierce Brosnan, Susan Lucci, Jane Seymour, Helen Mirren, Jeff Bridges, Tom Selleck, Jane Fonda and Richard Gere, among others.
Pierce Brosnan, 60
Susan Lucci, 66
Jane Seymour, 62
Tom Selleck, 68
Blythe Danner, 70
Dustin Hoffman, 76
Suzanne Somers, 66
Jaclyn Smith, 67
Morgan Fairchild, 63
Jeff Bridges, 63
Jane Fonda, 75
Helen Mirren, 68
Susan Sarandon, 66
Richard Gere, 63
Meryl Streep, 64
Olivia Newton-John, 64
Ed Harris, 62
Diane Keaton, 67
Mary Steenburgen, 60
Harrison Ford, 71
Kurt Russell, 62
Robert Redford, 76
Cybill Shepherd, 63
Mark Harmon, 61
Tina Turner, 73
Liam Neeson, 61
Raquel Welch, 72
Goldie Hawn, 67
Bruce Springsteen, 63
Here Are Two Hot Waitresses Justin Bieber Got to Take Home After That Nightclub Fight Last Weekend
After that nightclub brawl in the Hamptons last weekend, JUSTIN BIEBER ended up going home with two sexy cocktail waitresses. One of them was 24 . . . the other was 32
In fact, they may have had something to do with the brawl. Sources now say that the guy Justin’s crew beat up had been wearing a bowtie . . . and one of the waitresses took it and put it on during the course of the night.
Check Out Old Photos of Stars in Their High School Plays
Hollywood.com has put together a photo gallery of celebrities in their high school plays, including Steve Carell, Jack Black, David Hasselhoff, Katie Holmes, Lady Gaga and Jack Nicholson.
Steve Carell as an old man in a 1980 production of “You Can’t Take It With You”.
Chris Colfer from“Glee” in “Don Quixote” in 2007.
David Hasselhoff as Pinocchio in 1969.
Jack Black looking pretty fit in a 1987 production of “Pippin”.
Jack Nicholson in “Out of the Frying Pan” in 1954.
Katie Holmes mimicking Michael Jackson in 1997.
Lady Gaga in “Guys and Dolls” in 2004.
Rainn Wilson doing a pretty good impression of a frog in “The Frog Prince” in 1983.
Sean Hayes in “Bye Bye Birdie” in 1988.
Richard Gere looking like an Arabian prince in 1964.
Tommy Lee Jones in “The Caine Mutiny” in 1964.
Karen Black from “Easy Rider” and “House of 1,000 Corpses” Has Died
Actress KAREN BLACK has died at the age of 74, after a battle with cancer. Her credits include “Easy Rider”, “Five Easy Pieces”, “Nashville” and “House of 1,000 Corpses”.
“Elysium”, “Planes” and “Lovelace” Hit Theaters Today
Logan Lerman returns as Percy Jackson, the mortal son of the god Poseidon. In this one, he and his friends undertake a mission to go into the Bermuda Triangle to find the Golden Fleece . . . which they need to save their home, Camp HalfBlood.
Stanley Tucci plays the camp director Dionysus . . . Anthony Head from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” takes over as the centaur Chiron, who was played by Pierce Brosnan in the first movie . . . and “Castle’s” Nathan Fillion appears as Hermes.
Alexandria Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson are back as Percy’s friends Annabeth and Grover . . . Jake Abel returns as the villain, Hermes’ son Luke . . . and that’s Douglas Smith from “Big Love” as Percy’s Cyclops half-brother.
Jason Sudeikis is a small-time drug dealer who gets his stash stolen. His supplier, Ed Helms, tells him that in order to set things right, he’ll have to personally smuggle their latest shipment across the border from Mexico.
Jason doesn’t want to get caught so he gets a stripper, a runaway, and a horny virgin to pose as his family while he makes the trip. Jennifer Aniston is his stripper “wife”, Emma Roberts is his runaway “daughter”, and Will Poulter from the Narnia movie “Voyage of the Dawn Treader” is the kid posing as their son.
Matt Damon stars in this sci-fi movie that was written and directed by “District 9’s” Neill Blomkamp. Elysium is a space station where the Earth’s wealthiest people live in luxury as the rest of the world suffers with crime and poverty.
He’s desperate to get up there for a cure that can save his life, so he accepts a dangerous mission that could bring the whole system down. Jodie Foster is in charge of Elysium’s security and “District 9’s” Sharlto Copley is her hired killer.
Dane Cook stars as Dusty, a single-propeller cropduster with a fear of heights, in this new Pixar movie inspired by the “Cars” movies. Stacy Keach plays his mentor, Teri Hatcher is Dusty’s mechanic, and Brad Garrett is his fuel truck.
John Cleese, Cedric the Entertainer, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus are also in it . . . “Top Gun” fans will get a kick out of Val Kilmer and Anthony Edwards as a pair of fighter jets . . . and Pixar good luck charm John Ratzenberger does a cameo too.
Amanda Seyfried stars as ’70s porn star Linda Lovelace in this movie based on her memoirs about the abuse she suffered during the making of “Deep Throat”.
Peter Sarsgaard plays her abusive husband Chuck Traynor . . . the guy who forced her into porn . . . Hank Azaria plays her “Deep Throat” director, and Adam Brody plays her “Deep Throat” costar Harry Reems.
Sharon Stone and Robert Patrick are also in it as her disappointed parents, Juno Temple is Linda’s best friend, and James Franco has a cameo as Hugh Hefner.
Friday TV Reminders:
• “Magic City” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Starz.
• “Primetime: Would You Fall For That?” [1st Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC.
• “Comedy Bang! Bang!” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on IFC. Zoe Saldana guests, along with John Carroll Lynch from “Body of Proof”, and Garry Marshall.
• “Strike Back” [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Cinemax. Dougray Scott from “Hemlock Grove” joins the cast as a rogue operative.
• “Fashion Police” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on E! “Roswell’s” Shiri Appleby and model Chrissy Teigen are guests.
• “What Not To Wear” [10th Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TLC.
• “John Oliver’s New York Stand-Up Show” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Comedy Central. Comedians James Adomian, Jessi Klein and Pete Holmes perform.
Saturday TV Reminders:
• “The White Queen” [Series Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Starz. Two sides of the same family battle for the English crown in the 15th century.
It was called the Wars of the Roses because the symbols for the houses of York and Lancaster were white and red roses. Swedish actress Rebecca Ferguson is the White Queen, and British actress Amanda Hale plays the Red Queen.
• “Austin City Limits” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. Rosanne Cash and Brandi Carlile perform. (REPEAT)
• “Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles” . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on Palladia. John Mayer’s 2007 performance at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles features songs “Neon”, “Daughters”, “Why Georgia”, and “Gravity”.
• “Clear History” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on HBO. Larry David plays a former marketing executive who misses out on millions from an electric-car company and seeks revenge against his former boss . . . who’s played by Jon Hamm.
• “Hell on Wheels” [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on AMC.
• “Primeval: New World” [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Syfy.
• “Saturday Night Live” . . . 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Adam Levine guest hosts and Kendrick Lamar is the musical guest. (REPEAT)
Sunday TV Reminders:
• “Teen Choice Awards 2013″ . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. “Pretty Little Liars'” Lucy Hale shares hosting duties with “Glee’s” Darren Criss. Performers are One Direction and Paramore. (You’ll find your nominees here.)
(Some of the celebrities appearing include Demi Lovato, Bridgit Mendler, Ian Somerhalder, Liam Hemsworth, Erin Andrews and Max Greenfield.)
• “Big Brother 15″ [Eviction Nominations] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on CBS.
• “Luke Bryan: Crash My Party – Behind the Scenes” . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on Palladia. A behind the scenes look at the making of Luke Bryan’s album “Crash My Party”.
• “Oprah’s Next Chapter” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on OWN. Forest Whitaker, David Oyelowo and director Lee Daniels (“The Butler’s”) are guests.
• “Eat, Drink, Love” [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Bravo. A reality show about the lives of five single women working in Los Angeles’ culinary world.
• “Snapped” [10th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Oxygen.
More Sunday TV Reminders:
• “Low Winter Sun” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on AMC. Mark Strong stars as a detective who kills a fellow officer and finds himself pulled into the Detroit underworld while “Breaking Bad’s” David Costabile tries to solve the case.
• “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN. Larry Birkhead discusses life without Anna Nicole Smith and their daughter. Her other guests are former “Idol” contestants Justin Guarini and Ruben Studdard.
• “Bad Ink” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on A&E. Tattoo artist Dirk Vermin offers people a chance to transform their terrible ink into works of art.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Elisabeth Moss (“Mad Men”) and “The Real Housewives of New Jersey’s” Melissa Gorga.
• “Talking Bad” [Series Premiere] . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on AMC. Chris Hardwick hosts as guests Julie Bowen (“Modern Family”) and “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan take questions and comments from viewers.
• “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” [12th Season Premiere] . . . Midnight to 12:15 A.M. on Adult Swim.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Chef Chuck Hughes (“Unique Sweets”). Music Guests: Michael Bublé and Brett Eldredge.
• “Good Morning America” – Music Guest: Kenny Chesney.
• “CBS This Morning” – Dr. Don Ingber, Harvard University’s founding director of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering. Also: chef Alton Brown.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Emma Roberts (“We’re the Millers”) and Ashton Kutcher (“Jobs”). Music Guest: Brett Eldredge. “Fashion Star’s” Nicole Richie co-hosts with Michael.
• “The View” – Former “View” host Meredith Vieira, Alan Alda (“The Big C”), Regis Philbin, comedians Susie Essman, Joan Rivers and Mario Cantone help say goodbye to original co-host Joy Behar. Music Guest: Tony Bennett.
• “Rachael Ray” – Fashion experts show you how to turn old clothing and accessories into a brand-new wardrobe, plus tips for repurposing common items. (REPEAT)
• “Kris” – Morris Chestnut (“Kick-Ass 2″) co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “The Real” – Margaret Cho (“Drop Dead Diva”).
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Ludacris (“Fast & Furious 6″) and Portia de Rossi (“Arrested Development”). Jennifer Aniston co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Sinbad (“Planes”), Sam Trammell (“True Blood”), and Asiatic minx Chi-Lan Lieu (HGTV’s “Living Abroad”). Bravo’s Tabatha Coffey co-hosts.
• “Katie Couric” – “Mad Men’s” John Slattery, Jon Hamm, January Jones, Jessica Paré, Christina Hendricks, Vincent Kartheiser, Kiernan Shipka and producer Matthew Weiner. (REPEAT)
• “Steve Harvey” – Steve helps a father with a technology intervention when his family spends more time on their phones than with each other. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Phil” – “Disruptive Daughters”. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – Rick Springfield discusses his personal battle with depression, his suicide attempt and addictions. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Joan and Melissa Rivers. (REPEAT)
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Kevin James (“Grown Ups 2″) and snowboarder Shaun White. Music Guest: Darius Rucker. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Selena Gomez and Ben Stein. Music Guest: Palma Violets. (REPEAT)
• “The Tonight Show” – Jason Sudeikis (“We’re the Millers”) and Jim Stacy. Music Guest: K.T. Tunstall.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Keith Olbermann and comedienne Esther Povitsky.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Vanessa Hudgens (“The Frozen Ground”) and “The Daily Show’s” John Oliver. Music Guest: Earl Sweatshirt.
• “Carson Daly” – Rappers Angel Haze and Sirah. Music Guests: Big Black Delta and Grape St. (REPEAT)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Jennifer Aniston (“We’re the Millers”). (REPEAT)
The Number One Cause of Weight Gain Is Officially . . . Being in a Relationship
According to a new study, the number one cause of weight gain is . . . being in a relationship. Going on vacation came in second, and trying to comfort yourself after a break-up came in third. The study found 62% of people say they’ve gained at least 14 pounds since they got into a committed relationship.
The Seven Current Fads We’re Going to Regret the Most
What are the current FADS we’re going to regret the most in the future? Some of the top picks are: Shirts and posters that say “Keep Calm” followed by a stupid slogan . . . mustaches . . . making photos look like they’re vintage . . . vampires . . . zombies . . . and hashtags.
1. T-shirts and posters that say “Keep Calm” followed by a dumb slogan. Like “Keep Calm and Drink a Beer,” or “Keep Calm and Eat Bacon.” It’s from an old British propaganda poster during World War Two that said “Keep Calm and Carry On.”
2. The phrase YOLO . . . ‘You Only Live Once.’
3. Mustaches. Like, fake mustaches, mustaches on cars, hipster handlebar mustaches, mustache tattoos on your finger, all of it.
4. Using Instagram to make all your photos look vintage.
5. Vampires and zombies.
7. Wearing glasses when you don’t need them.
19% of Us Were Loners in High School . . . Only 17% Say They Were Cool
A new survey asked people to describe themselves in high school . . . and LONER came in first. Cool or popular came in second, jock was third, and geek and class clown tied for fourth. The survey also found the most common “bad” things people did in high school were skipping homework, cutting classes, and being late for class.
. (Daily Mail)
Sharing Too Many Photos on Facebook Makes People Hate You in Real Life
Think about THIS before you post that photo of your dinner tonight. According to a new study, the more photos you post on Facebook, the more your friends start to dislike you in real life. The only exception is when you post photos of you with your friends and family. People DO like those.
5% of People Schedule Vacations Just to Annoy Their Coworkers
According to a new survey, about 5% of people say they’ve strategically scheduled their vacation days just to ANNOY another coworker. And 10% of people say vacation days are the biggest cause of conflict in the office.
The Top Five Interview Stunts That Landed People Jobs . . . and the Top Five That Didn’t
CareerBuilder.com asked companies to list the craziest things people did to land a job. A few that WORKED include putting their info on a billboard, performing an original song, and fixing a piece of office equipment during their interview. A few that DIDN’T work include doing a backflip into the room, offering a tarot card reading, and mailing them a shoe to, quote, “get their foot in the door.”
1. Renting a billboard outside the company’s office and putting their information on it.
2. Asking to be interviewed in Spanish to showcase the fact that they’re bilingual.
3. Inviting the company to hire them by setting up their cover letter like a wedding invitation. Another successful job candidate went with a message-in-a-bottle theme, and someone else put their resume on a chocolate bar.
4. Performing an original song about why they were the best person for the job.
5. Fixing a piece of equipment during their interview.
And here are five interview stunts that DIDN’T land people a job.
1. Doing a backflip into the room when they arrived for the interview.
2. Sending a fruit basket to the interviewer’s home address . . . which they had NOT given out.
3. Doing a tarot card reading.
4. Dressing up as a clown . . . apparently for a NON-clowning gig.
5. Mailing them a shoe to, quote, “get their foot in the door.”
There Are Still 2.6 Million People Paying for AOL?
You may not consider yourself on the cutting edge of technology, but at least you’re not THIS bad. According to AOL’s latest quarterly report, there are about 2.6 MILLION Americans still paying for their service.
A lot of those people have high-speed Internet and don’t NEED AOL’s dial-up service. But think they need to keep paying to keep their AOL email address. They don’t.
The average AOL subscriber pays $20.03 every month, which means AOL is making $52 MILLION a month from people who still have their accounts. (Consumerist)
You Have 33% Less Office or Cubicle Space Today Than You Did Three Years Ago
This is going to make your office feel even more like a PRISON closing in on you by the day.
According to a new study, the average office worker has 33% less personal cubicle or office space than they did three years ago. And within five years, it should go down another 33%.
In 2010, the average person had 225 square feet of space, or about a 15-by-15 space. Now, it’s down to 150 square feet, or 15-by-10. By 2018, it should be down to 100 square feet, or 10-by-10. (LiveScience)
Whitney Houston – Would have been 50 – (1963 – 2012) (Bobby Brown’s much more-talented former punching bag. She once told us that CRACK IS WHACK. But I think she ultimately took that BACK.)
Caylee Anthony – Should have been 8
Anna Kendrick – 28 (The star of “Pitch Perfect”. Your kids might also remember her as Bella’s classmate, Jessica Stanley, in the “Twilight” movies.)
Rhona Mitra – 37 (British minx who was a live model for Lara Croft in the “Tomb Raider” games before Angelina did the movies. She played Tara on “The Practice” and “Boston Legal”, and she was the oddly sexy detective on “Nip/Tuck”.)
Audrey Tautou – 37 (Sexy Sophie Neveu in “The DaVinci Code” and “Amelie”.)
Jessica Capshaw – 37 (Dr. Arizona Robbins on “Grey’s Anatomy” . . . the hot blonde who nailed Eugene on “The Practice” . . . and “pre-cog” Evanna in “Minority Report”. She’s Kate Capshaw’s daughter and Steven Spielberg’s step-daughter.)
Kevin McKidd – 40 (Dr. Owen Hunt on “Grey’s Anatomy”. “Call of Duty” fans might also recognize his voice as Soap MacTavish in the “Modern Warfare” video games.)
Nikki Schieler Ziering – 42 (Ian Ziering’s Playmate ex-wife. She was Officer Krystal in “American Wedding” . . . AND a Henchwoman in “Austin Powers in Goldmember”.)
Mack 10 – 42 (Fine rapper of the newer school. He was married to T-Boz of TLC but she filed for divorce, saying he beat her, cheated on her and threatened her life.)
Thomas Lennon – 43 (Ambiguously gay Lieutenant Jim Dangle on “Reno 911!”.)
DIVINE BROWN – 44 (HUGH GRANT’S CHOCOLATY HO-HO!)
Eric Bana – 45 (Bruce Banner in “The Hulk”, the Israeli assassin leader in “Munich” and the villain in the “Star Trek” prequel.) (They replaced him with Ed Norton for the second “Hulk”, and now Mark Ruffalo is the Hulk.)
Gillian Anderson – 45 (Special Agent Dana Scully on the “X-Files”. She has a permanent scowl on her freckled face AND she has THE FIRE DOWN BELOW.)
Deion Sanders – 46 (A few years back, Neon Deion realized that, quote, “fornication was my drug” and he proceeded to make his life more chaste. He’s still the only man to have ever played in a World Series AND a Super Bowl.)
Hoda Kotb – 49 (Kathie Lee’s zookeeper on the fourth hour of the “Today” show.)
KURTIS BLOW – 54 (Old-school rapper. Biggest hits: “The Breaks”, “Christmas Rappin'”, or mine and my mom’s favorite, “I’m Chillin'”. Next biggest hit: Rock Bottom.)
Amanda Bearse – 55 (Marcy D’Arcy on “Married With Children”. She’s a real cute, real life lesbian, ya know.)
Melanie Griffith – 56 (Melanie’s mother, Tippi Hedren, was nearly pecked to death in “The Birds”. Meanwhile, Melanie was pecked beyond recognition by a plastic surgeon’s scalpel. Poor Antonio. He married a MINX . . . and ended up with a SWAMP HAG.)
Ken Norton – 70 (Father of NFL star Ken Norton Jr. and a decent athlete in his own right. He was the 1978 WBC heavyweight boxing champ and he once BROKE MUHAMMAD ALI’S JAW in the ring.)
Sam Elliott – 69 (Wade Garrett in “Road House”, Virgil Earp in “Tombstone”, the stranger in “The Big Lebowski” AND Cher’s biker boyfriend Gar in 1985’s “Mask”, co-starring Eric Stoltz and the late ESTELLE GETTY.)
Robert Shaw – (1927 – 1978) (Quint in “Jaws”.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 21 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 30 days until Grandparents Day
• 41 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 68 days until Boss’s Day
• 83 days until Halloween
• 1,260 days left of “Hope and Change”
374 years ago . . . in 1639 – HONKY JONAS BRONCK RIPPED OFF THE FIRE-WATER-LOVIN’ INDIANS BY PAYING 400 BEADS FOR THE BRONX.
223 years ago . . . in 1790 – The Columbia returned to Boston Harbor after a three-year voyage, becoming the first ship to carry the American flag around the world.
159 years ago . . . in 1854 – Henry David Thoreau published “Walden”, which described his experiences while living near Walden Pond in Massachusetts. This was one of the more dreary books that you didn’t read in high school.
111 years ago . . . in 1902 – EDWARD THE SEVENTH was crowned King of England following the death of his mother, QUEEN VICTORIA.
77 years ago . . . in 1936 – JESSE OWENS SHOVED IT IN HITLER’S FACE by leading the U.S. 400-meter relay team to the Gold at the Berlin Olympics, becoming the first person to win four gold medals.
69 years ago . . . in 1944 – The Forest Service and Wartime Advertising Council unleashed their hairy new fire-prevention spokes-thing. . . SMOKEY THE BEAR.
68 years ago . . . in 1945 – Three days after the atomic bombing of HIROSHIMA, Japan, the United States exploded another A-bomb over NAGASAKI, killing an estimated 74,000 people.
48 years ago . . . in 1965 – THE BEATLES movie “Help!” was released in the U.S. It had been released a week and a half earlier for the British.
44 years ago . . . in 1969 – Pregnant actress SHARON TATE, coffee heiress ABIGAIL FOLGER, and four others were found murdered in the home Tate shared with her husband, ROMAN POLANSKI. CHARLES MANSON and his insane followers were later convicted of the murders.
39 years ago . . . in 1974 – TRICKY DICK NIXON became the first President to resign from office. Vice President GERALD FORD was sworn in.
25 years ago . . . in 1988 – PRESIDENT REAGAN nominated LAURO CAVAZOS as Secretary of Education, THE FIRST EN FUEGO LATINO TO SERVE IN THE CABINET.
24 years ago . . . in 1989 – “The Abyss” was released. It was written and directed by JAMES CAMERON.
22 years ago . . . in 1991 – RICK JAMES pled innocent to charges that he imprisoned, tortured and sexually assaulted a woman in his California home. . . including BURNING HER WITH HIS CRACK PIPE. He was convicted anyway, and served two years of a five-year prison sentence.
18 years ago . . . in 1995 – Grateful Dead lead stoner JERRY GARCIA died of a heart attack while undergoing drug rehabilitation in San Francisco. He was only 53.
17 years ago . . . in 1996 – Fifteen years after “Escape from New York”, KURT RUSSELL returned to the role of Snake Plissken for the release of the sequel, “Escape From L.A.”. (It wasn’t as good, but it did have Peter Fonda, Pam Grier and Bruce Campbell in it. So it can’t be all bad.)
13 years ago . . . in 2000 – Bridgestone/Firestone announced it was RECALLING SIX-AND A-HALF MILLION TIRES that’d been implicated in hundreds of accidents and at least 46 deaths.
13 years ago . . . in 2000 – MICHAEL IRVIN was arrested for possession of less than two ounces of pot.
10 years ago . . . in 2003 – GREGORY HINES died of liver cancer at the age of 57. What did he ever do to you, God?
9 years ago . . . in 2004 – DONALD DUCK received the 2,257th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He did not wear pants to the ceremony.
5 years ago . . . in 2008 – BERNIE MAC died unexpectedly of heart failure during a bout of pneumonia. He was only 50. Two years later, Bernie’s widow sued his doctor for wrongful death.