Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
The Octomom Has Made Almost $18,000 in Residuals From Her Porn Video in Six Months
Octomom NADYA SULEMAN is still making a few bucks off that solo sex video she did last summer. Authorities investigating her for Welfare fraud looked into the residuals she’s making for the video, and they found that she’s pocketed about $18,000 over the past six months. That’s not counting what she was paid upfront for her services.
Did Justin Bieber’s Crew Beat a Guy Up?
Members of JUSTIN BIEBER’S crew are being investigated for allegedly beating a guy up outside the South Pointe nightclub in New York over the weekend. It may have been related to a scuffle Justin got into with a guy inside the club . . . but Justin isn’t being investigated as one of the assailants.
Has Robin Thicke Spent Half a Million Bucks on Pot?
ROBIN THICKE claims he’s spent about HALF A MILLION BUCKS ON POT. He says, quote, “I do smoke; I do everything I’m not supposed to do. Weed is my crutch, my muse, the lesser of all evil.”
Miley Cyrus Says She’s Not a “Ratchet White Girl”
MILEY CYRUS would like you to know that you have the wrong impression of her.
She tells “Notion” magazine, quote, “People have this misconception of me that I’m just one of these kids on TV and that now I go off and party and I’m just this ratchet white girl, and I’m not. I work really, really hard, I’m just in a different environment.”
(According to the Urban Dictionary, “ratchet” describes a woman who is, quote, “a diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every man’s eye candy. Unfortunately, she’s wrong.”)
Did Oprah Talk Lindsay Lohan Out of Going to Europe?
LINDSAY LOHAN was reportedly planning to take a three-week, post-rehab trip to Europe, but she was talked out of it by OPRAH WINFREY.
A source says Oprah convinced Lindsay that she would be too tempted to relapse . . . so she canceled the trip.
Alex Rodriguez Was Suspended for 211 Games . . . Watch As He Says How Rough Things Have Been for Him
As expected, Major League Baseball suspended ALEX RODRIGUEZ yesterday for 211 games. That was supposed to cover the remainder of this season and all of the next one. But A-Rod immediately announced he’s appealing . . . which means the suspension won’t begin until the appeals process is over. Of the 13 players suspended yesterday, A-Rod is the only one appealing.
Could Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello or Ryan Gosling Be the New Batman?
“Batman vs. Superman” was just announced . . . and we’re already speculating who’ll play Batman. We don’t know how legit this list is, but supposedly, these are the names being mentioned:
Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Joe Manganiello from “True Blood”, and Richard Armitage, who plays Thorin Oakenshield in the “Hobbit” movies.
Halle Berry’s Role in the New “X-Men” Movie Was Cut Down Due to Her Pregnancy
HALLE BERRY’S role in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” had to be cut down because of her SURPRISE pregnancy.
She says, quote, “I wasn’t in [the movie] as much as I was meant to be. [Pregnancy] kind of colored what my involvement could be, which was why I was one of the first ones in and the first ones out.
People Are Raging That “Shark Week” Started with a Fake Documentary About an Extinct Shark
The Discovery Channel’s elaborate, fake documentary, “Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives” was the network’s highest rated telecast in the 26-year history of “Shark Week.” But it is drawing ALL KINDS of hate online, from people who are upset that Discovery, well, JUMPED THE SHARK.
11 TV Characters Who Weren’t Supposed to Live
AVClub.com has put together a list of 11 TV Characters Who Weren’t Supposed to Live . . . but were kept ALIVE to continue on the show. The list includes Dr. Jack Shephard from “Lost”, Nurse Carol Hathaway from “ER”, and Jesse Pinkman from “Breaking Bad”.
Here’s the list . . . although obviously, there are a few minor SPOILERS:
1. Jesse Pinkman from “Breaking Bad”.
2. Melvin Frohike from “The X-Files”.
3. Nurse Carol Hathaway from “ER”.
4. Boyd Crowder from “Justified”.
5. Officer Andrew Renko from “Hill Street Blues”.
6. Karl “Helo” Agathon from “Battlestar Galactica”.
7. Dr. Jack Shephard from “Lost”.
8. Dr. Zachary Smith from “Lost in Space”.
9. Dr. Daniel Auschlander from “St. Elsewhere”.
10. Chiana the oversexed alien on “Farscape”.
11. Joe Coffey from “Hill Street Blues”.
5 Highly Disturbing TV Shows Supposedly Made for Kids
The site Smosh.com has put out a list of 5 Highly Disturbing TV Shows Supposedly Made for Kids. Some of the ones they came up with are pretty obscure, but it’s interesting nonetheless.
They are: “El El Yoga”, “Peppermint Park”, “Jigsaw”, “Boohbah” and “H.R. Pufnstuf”.
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on the CW. This week’s guests are Gary Anthony Williams, who you may remember as cross-dressing Clarence on “Boston Legal” . . . and Wilson Bethel from the CW’s “Hart of Dixie”.
• “So You Think You Can Dance”. . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Choreographer Kenny Ortega guest judges as the top 12 dancers perform and two are eliminated.
• “America’s Got Talent” [Performance Show] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Who Do You Think You Are?”. . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TLC. Chelsea Handler confronts whether or not her grandfather was a Nazi.
• “Drunk History” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on Comedy Central. Kristen Wiig, Terry Crews, and Lisa Bonet act out drunken conversations from Patty Hearst and Mark Twain.
• “The Jeselnik Offensive” . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on Comedy Central. Comedians Joan Rivers and Dave Attell are guests.
• “Perception”. . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TNT. “Veep’s” Reid Scott guest stars.
• “Hard Knocks” [8th Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on HBO. For the second time in the show’s history, the cameras heads to training camp with the Cincinnati Bengals.
• “The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on History. An “Ax Men” spin-off starring Shelby Stanga.
• “Barter Kings” [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on A&E.
• “Double Divas” [1st Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Lifetime. Abby Lee Miller from “Dance Moms” gets bra fitting advice in exchange for dance tips.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”) and Jason Derulo are guests.
• “Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘N Out” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on MTV2. Rapper French Montana and the cast of “Guy Code” are your guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Susan Lucci (“Devious Maids”), the cast of “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles”, and Christopher Andersen (“These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie”).
• “Good Morning America” – Oprah Winfrey (“The Butler”), Logan Lerman (“Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”), “The Bachelorette’s” Desiree Hartsock, and “Glee’s” Chris Colfer for his book “The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns”.
• “CBS This Morning” – U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara and “Travel & Leisure” deputy editor Laura Begley Bloom.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Oprah Winfrey (“The Butler”) and “The Bachelorette’s” Desiree Hartsock. Erin Andrews co-hosts with Michael.
• “The View” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• “Rachael Ray” – Interior designer Nate Berkus. (REPEAT)
• “Kris” – Jason George (“Mistresses”) co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “The Real” – Jeff Lewis (“Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis”).
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Jessica Alba (for her book “The Honest Life”) and Scott Foley (“Scandal”). (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Dylan Walsh (“Unforgettable”), Asiatic minx Chi-Lan Lieu (HGTV’s “Living Abroad”), and Dr. Jay Gordon (author of “Preventing Autism: What You Can Do to Protect Your Children Before and After Birth”). Carnie Wilson co-hosts.
• “Katie Couric” – Elisabeth Rohm (“The Client List”), plus Tom Arnold discusses his issues with infertility. (REPEAT)
• “Steve Harvey” – Beauty expert Jacqui Stafford and a performance by the children’s dance troupe Monster Kids. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Phil” – “Scared of My Spouse”. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – Doctors from three networks discuss family health news. PLUS: 7-year-old Sierra Jane Downing, who survived bubonic plague. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Toni Braxton (Lifetime’s “Twist of Faith”) and “Chelsea Lately’s” Heather McDonald pimps her book “My Inappropriate Life”. (REPEAT)
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Salma Hayek (“Grown Ups 2″) and Tony Hale (“The Heat” and “Arrested Development”). Music Guest: Houndmouth. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Julia Louis-Dreyfus (“Planes”) and Nick Offerman (“We’re the Millers”). Music Guest: Michael Kiwanuka.
• “The Tonight Show” – President Barack Obama. Music Guest: Patti LaBelle.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Diane Kruger (“The Bridge”) and Tony Hale (“Veep” and “Arrested Development”).
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Jane Fonda (“Lee Daniels’ The Butler”) and matchmakers Steve and Monica Ward (“Tough Love: Co-Ed”). Music Guest: The Head and the Heart.
• “Carson Daly” – “Top Chef’s” Tom Colicchio and “The Dinner Party Download“. Music Guest: Walk the Moon. (REPEAT)
• “Conan” – Leven Rambin (“Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”). Music Guests: Steve Martin and Edie Brickell.
• “Jon Stewart” – Liam Hemsworth (“Paranoia”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Music Guest: Daft Punk.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Loni Love from “The Real” guest hosts and interviews her co-star Tamar Braxton.
This Week’s CDs Include New Music from Jason Newsted, the Civil Wars, KT Tunstall, and Actor Hugh Laurie . . . Plus the Latest “Now!” Disc
• “Now That’s What I Call Music, Volume 47″, which includes Taylor Swift’s “22”, Anna Kendrick’s “Cups”, and Imagine Dragons’ “Radioactive” . . . plus songs from Justin Timberlake, Mariah Carey, Selena Gomez, Bruno Mars, and Avril Lavigne.
• “The Civil Wars”, the self-titled second album from The Civil Wars . . . who haven’t spoken to each other since they finished recording the album in September. Billboard did a track-by-track review with Joy Williams from the band. Check that out here, along with their videos for “The One That Got Away“ and “From This Valley“.
(Even if they haven’t spoken in nearly a year, they ARE supposedly still a band.)
• “Invisible Empire / Crescent Moon”, the fourth album from KT Tunstall. Watch KT wield a sword in the video for the title track, “Invisible Empire“, on her Vevo page.
• “Didn’t It Rain”, the second blues album from actor Hugh Laurie. You can watch him perform on his YouTube user channel, HughLaurieBlues.
• “Heavy Metal Music”, Newsted . . . the debut album from Jason Newsted’s new band, which also includes Staind guitarist Mike Mushok. You know Jason from his bass work with Metallica and Voivod. Here’s his new track “Heroic Dose“.
• “From Death to Destiny”, the third album from the metal band Asking Alexandria. The cover art features a stripper inside a vending machine, trapped behind the glass. That’s also the theme in their video for “Death of Me“, where a little boy goes from one machine to the other trying to decide between the girls.
This Week’s New CDs (continued)
• “The Other Side”, a five-song EP from the band Hell or Highwater. Check out the audio for the songs “Wrong“ and “Drowning in the Waves“ on their YouTube channel. All five tracks are also available on their SoundCloud.
• “Yes, It’s True”, the fourth album from The Polyphonic Spree. Listen to their new single “Hold Yourself Up” at SoundCloud.
• “Tides End”, the second album from the pop duo Minks. You can check out their sound by listening to the track “Everything’s Fine” on SoundCloud.
• “Bring You Back”, the debut album from country singer Brett Eldredge. It includes his hit “Don’t Ya“, which is currently sitting at #7 on the Top Country Songs chart. He’s also offering an acoustic version of the “Bring You Back“ as a free download.
• “When I Said I Do”, a Cracker Barrel exclusive from Clint Black. It includes three new tracks paired with 11 songs he re-recorded. He duets with his wife Lisa Hartman Black on two of them, and Carolyn Dawn Johnson on the song “Our Kind of Love”.
• “Late For Nothing”, the third album from the metalcore band Iwrestledabearonce. You can stream the whole album at Loudwire.com. Once you get past the guttural screaming intros, you’ll hear their new female singer Courtney LaPlante.
New DVDs Include Tom Cruise’s “Oblivion” and Kristen Stewart’s “On the Road”
• “Oblivion” . . . Tom Cruise is captured by the human survivors of an alien invasion that’s devastated the planet. Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough, and Bond girl Olga Kurylenko are also in it.
• “To the Wonder” . . . Ben Affleck and Bond girl Olga Kurylenko fall in love in France, but struggle once she moves to America to be with him. This was the last film Roger Ebert reviewed before he died. He gave it three and a half out of five stars.
• “Mud” . . . Two boys find a guy hiding on a small island in the Mississippi River, who says his name is Mud. He’s played by Matthew McConaughey, and Reese Witherspoon plays the girlfriend he’s trying to escape with.
• “The Place Beyond the Pines” . . . Ryan Gosling plays a motorcycle stunt rider who is pulled into a bank robbery scheme by his new boss. Eva Mendes plays Ryan’s former lover, and Bradley Cooper is a cop trying to catch the bank robbers.
• “On the Road” . . . The movie version of Jack Kerouac’s autobiographical novel, starring Australian actor Sam Riley as Kerouac, and “Friday Night Lights” stud Garrett Hedlund as the guy he wanders around the country with.
And Kristen Stewart gives the performance of her life by going topless while simultaneously pleasuring the two of them in the front seat of their car. (Photos)
• “Aftershock” . . . starring Eli Roth as a gringo trying to get out of Chile alive when the other survivors a major earthquake turn against each other to fight for limited resources.
• “Duck Dynasty: Season 3″ . . . which is unbelievably one of the top shows on cable.
• “Smash: Season Two” . . . Katharine McPhee on a four-disc set.
• “Community: The Complete Fourth Season” . . . on a two-disc set.
• “The Borgias: The Third Season” . . . a three-disc set of the final season.
You Spend More Time Making Excuses to Avoid Exercise Than Actually Exercising
According to a new poll, about one in three people spend more time worrying about exercising . . . and making excuses NOT to exercise . . . than they spend actually exercising. The top excuse we use to talk ourselves out of working out is . . . I’m tired. Bad weather is number two.
You Burn 15,000 Calories a Year Just By Shopping
Can you replace your gym membership with SHOPPING? According to a new study, the average woman burns 15,000 calories every year from SHOPPING. Yes, they only said women, which sounded sexist to us too. A woman walks an average of 180 miles a year during shopping trips, which is the equivalent of almost seven MARATHONS.
Women Rank the Top 10 Skills Men Lack, Including Buying Clothes, Dancing, and Remembering Anniversaries
In a new survey, women ranked the top skills they think men LACK. The top five are buying clothes for their wife or girlfriend . . . remembering anniversaries and other important dates . . . dancing . . . ironing . . . and cooking.
Here are the rankings of the top 10 skills that women believe men LACK . . .
1. Buying clothes for their wife or girlfriend.
2. Remembering anniversaries and other important dates.
6. Basic domestic chores.
7. Buying gifts.
9. Wearing or buying fashionable clothes.
10. Picking out furniture.
So what skills are men GREAT at? Women rated men the best at changing tires, getting rid of spiders, barbecuing . . . and drinking alcohol. (Daily Mail)
The Top 10 Reasons People Hate Their Neighbors
According to a new survey, 60% of people say they don’t get along with at least one of their neighbors. The top five reasons why are: They block your driveway . . . they park in your spot . . . their dog barks all day . . . their garden or lawn is a mess . . . and you can hear them swearing outside.
1. They block your driveway.
2. They park in your spot.
3. Their dog barks all day.
4. Their garden or lawn is a mess.
5. You can hear them swearing outside.
6. They’re always fighting.
7. They have too many late night parties.
8. Their pets do their business on your lawn.
9. Their children are always screaming outside.
10. You can’t be bothered to get to know them. (Daily Mail)
The 10 Most B.S. Pieces of Advice Adults Give Kids
What are the most B.S. pieces of advice adults give to children? Here are some of the big ones: “If you just tell the truth, I won’t get mad” . . . “The real world isn’t like school, people grow up” . . . “Just be yourself and everyone will love you” . . . and “You need to learn math because you won’t always have a calculator handy.”
1. “If you just tell the truth, I won’t get mad.”
2. “Cheaters never win.”
3. “When someone bullies you, it’s just because they’re jealous.”
4. “The real world isn’t like school. People grow up.”
5. “Just be yourself and everyone will love you.”
6. “If you’re nice to people, they’ll be nice back.”
7. “These are the best years of your life.”
8. “You need to go to college to succeed.”
9. “You need to learn math because you won’t always have a calculator handy.”
10. “You’re unique and special and deserve everything in the world.”
There’s a Hi-Tech Toilet That Costs $6,000 . . . But It’s Vulnerable to Computer Hacking
There’s a high-tech toilet you can control remotely using an app on your cell phone . . . and it only costs $5,700. The problem is, if someone nearby has the same toilet, they can accidentally start sending orders to YOURS . . . and activate the BIDET when you’re not expecting it.
The University of Iowa Is Named the Top Party School in the U.S.
The Princeton Review just released its annual list of the top PARTY SCHOOLS, based on a poll of more than 126,000 students nationwide. This year, the University of Iowa came in first. The University of California, Santa Barbara came in second. The top sober school in the country is Brigham Young University in Utah.
Adrianne Curry – 31 (Briefly Mrs. Peter Brady . . . but now she’s separated from Christopher Knight. She LOVES to post nude pictures of herself on Twitter and makes an incredibly sexy Princess Leia. What’s not to love?)
SOLEIL MOON FRYE – 37 (“Punky Brewster”. Punky is SOOO HOT. She had to have her boobies reduced to a C-CUP . . . because they were TOO HUGE.)
Asia Carrera – 40 (Beautiful half-Asiatic / half-German mattress actress who’s starred in 400 fine films, including . . . “Booby Trapped”, “I Cream On Jeannie” AND “Fantastic 4 on the Floor”. She also a member of MENSA.) (True.)
Vera Farmiga – 40 (Made her name with award-winning roles in “The Departed” and “Up in the Air”. She was also really good in the 2009 horror flick “Orphan” and this year’s “The Conjuring”. Now she’s Norma Louise Bates on “Bates Motel”.)
Geri Halliwell – 41 (Ginger Spice.)
M. Night Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong – 43 (Shyamalan, if you want to get technical.) (Writer / Director of “The Sixth Sense”, “Unbreakable”, “Signs”, “The Village”, the complete disaster known as “Lady in the Water” the slightly less-disastrous “The Happening” and “The Last Airbender”.)
“I Used To Be” David Robinson – 48 (Ex-San Antonio Spurs center.)
Kimberley Conrad – 51 (Hugh Hefner’s ex.)
Michelle Yeoh – 51 (Asiatic minx in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and the third “Mummy” movie, “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”. She’s one of the only female actresses whom Jackie Chan allows to do her own stunts in his movies.)
RANDY DEBARGE – 55 (Of the super-group DeBarge. He was in the original DeBarge lineup, which over the years has included . . . Chico, Mark, James, Bobby, Bunny and EL.) (Say what you want about the DeBarge clan . . . but at least they’re nowhere near as EFFED UP as the Jacksons!)
Stepfanie Kramer – 57 (Sexy Detective Dee Dee McCall on “Hunter”.)
Catherine Hicks – 62 (Annie Camden on the family-friendly “7th Heaven”, and the mom, Karen Barclay, in the original “Child’s Play”.)
Dorian Harewood – 63 (Private Eightball in “Full Metal Jacket”.) (“What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake.” Delicious, yes?)
LUCILLE BALL – (1911 – 1989)
JonBenet Ramsey – Should have been 23 – (1990 – 1996)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 24 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 33 days until Grandparents Day
• 44 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 71 days until Boss’s Day
• 1,263 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day
123 years ago . . . in 1890 – The ELECTRIC CHAIR WAS FIRST USED, in a prison in Auburn, New York. Convicted axe murderer William Kemmler fried for killing his girlfriend.
68 years ago . . . in 1945 – The ENOLA GAY dropped the ATOMIC BOMB on HIROSHIMA, Japan. About 70,000 people died INSTANTLY, with another 60,000 dying in the next four months. 90% of the city was leveled.
It was the first time the atom bomb had been dropped on a populated area, and the first time it was used in warfare. Enola Gay co-pilot Robert Lewis wrote in his log book that day, quote, “My God, what have we done?”
(I have a feeling the guys who first signed Justin Bieber may have said that to each other at some point.)
51 years ago . . . in 1962 – If you’re looking for a good excuse to “do a J” this morning . . . this was the day that JAMAICA became an independent dominion within the British Commonwealth. (???)
47 years ago . . . in 1966 – Evil genius VINCE MCMAHON, of WWE fame, married his high school sweetheart LINDA EDWARDS. Today is their 47TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. And you say there are no morals in wrestling.
31 years ago . . . in 1982 – The ludicrous movie “Pink Floyd The Wall” was released in the U.S. for legions of teenaged pot-heads eager to keep toking grass until they could find some meaning in it. Well, Jedi, YOU CAN’T.
26 years ago . . . in 1987 – THE BEASTIE BOYS sued the city of Jacksonville, Florida, for including the phrase “mature audience” on their concert tickets and ads.
24 years ago . . . in 1989 – U2’s ADAM CLAYTON was arrested at his home in Dublin, Ireland, for . . . possession of CANNABIS.
21 years ago . . . in 1992 – Actor HAROLD RUSSELL sold the Oscar he won in 1947 for “The Best Years Of Our Lives” at an auction in New York . . . making it the FIRST OSCAR EVER SOLD.
The statue cost the Academy $500 to make . . . and sold for $60,500. Russell needed the money to pay for his wife’s eye surgery. Harold Russell fun-fact: He has HOOKS for hands. Or at least he did. He died in 2002 at the ripe old age of 88.
15 years ago . . . in 1998 – MONICA LEWINSKY spent eight-and-a-half chubby hours testifying before a grand jury about her taboo relationship with PRESIDENT CLINTON.
9 years ago . . . in 2004 – RICK JAMES died of a heart attack. He was 56. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. (???)
One year ago . . . in 2012 – NASA landed the CURIOSITY rover on the surface of Mars.