Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
Katie Holmes Rejected Jamie Foxx . . . Even After He Grabbed Her Butt
Maybe JAMIE FOXX isn’t sampling TOM CRUISE’S sloppy seconds after all. But it’s not for lack of trying.
At that party in the Hamptons last weekend, the two of them WERE working up a sweat on the dance floor. But apparently, Jamie over-estimated his mojo.
A source says, quote, “They danced, and after a hug he grabbed her butt and tried to seal the deal. She was flattered, but not interested.”
Clint Eastwood and His Wife Are Separated
CLINT EASTWOOD and his wife DINA RUIZ have separated after almost 17 years of marriage. Dina told “Us Weekly” that she and Clint have been living apart for some time, but they “remain close”.
Clint is 83 . . . Dina is 48. They have a 16-year-old daughter together, and Clint has seven other kids from previous relationships. Clint and Dina appeared together on the E! reality show “Mrs. Eastwood and Company”, which aired last year.
Fergie and Josh Duhamel Have a New Baby Boy . . . And His Name is Axl, Unfortunately
FERGIE and JOSH DUHAMEL welcomed their baby boy yesterday. They named him AXL JACK. Fergie had a C-section, by the way.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
Model BEHATI PRINSLOO is a giving person . . . because she just posted a nearly naked photo of her fiancé ADAM LEVINE.
JESSICA SIMPSON is looking pretty good just two months after giving birth. (Here’s a pic.)
Anyone who thinks ROBIN THICKE could be even remotely interested in MILEY CYRUS needs to look at the latest bikini shots of his wife PAULA PATTON. (Check ’em out here.)
Would you like to see NICOLE SCHERZINGER almost fall out of her top? That was a rhetorical question, of course. (Here are the pics.)
TRICIA HELFER showed some MAJOR cleavage at the “Riddick” premiere. (Here are the pics.)
The Inventor of the Foam Finger Says Miley Cyrus “Degraded It”
STEVE CHMELAR, the inventor of the foam finger, doesn’t approve of how Miley used it at the “VMAs”. He says, quote, “I would say that it certainly misrepresented its intent to encourage team support. She took an honorable icon that is seen in sporting venues everywhere and degraded it.” However, he thinks the foam finger will endure . . . and he hopes Miley will do the same.
Kylie Jenner Caused a Three-Car Accident 18 Days After Getting Her License
16-year-old KYLIE JENNER caused a three-car accident in Calabasas, California on Wednesday . . . just 18 days after getting her license.
Witnesses say Kylie rear-ended someone in her brand new $125,000 Mercedes SUV . . . causing that car to smash into the back of the vehicle in front of it.
Valerie Harper’s Cancer is Close to Remission
Earlier this year, 74-year-old TV legend VALERIE HARPER was given just a few MONTHS TO LIVE. But that might not be the case anymore. Her doctor says, quote, “I’d say that we’re getting pretty close to a remission. It defies the odds.”
Valerie noted that her cancer ISN’T curable . . . so it’ll just have to be MANAGED. But still, her prognosis seems like it’s a lot better than it was.
New in Theaters: A Selena Gomez Action Movie and the One Direction Movie
Ethan Hawke plays a former race car driver forced to steal a car and commit other crimes after his wife is kidnapped. Selena Gomez is the owner of the high-tech Mustang he steals, and Jon Voight is the guy pulling their strings.
They have to follow his instructions and can’t get out of the car or someone dies. They also can’t let themselves get caught by the cops who are in hot pursuit. “All My Children’s” Rebecca Budig plays Ethan’s kidnapped wife.
Niall, Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis tell the story of how they rose to fame. It includes footage of their hometown, their competing on Britain’s “X Factor”, and ultimately spreading the One Direction infection to teenage girls around the world. It’s directed by Morgan Spurlock, the guy who did “Super Size Me”.
RELATED COMEDY: The new One Direction movie opens this weekend. It’s 95 minutes long, so by the time you get out of the theater, their careers will be over.
Eric Bana is defending a guy accused of setting off an explosion in London in this suspense thriller. The classified evidence the government’s using is beyond his security clearance, so the court appoints a Special Advocate to review that evidence.
She’s played by Rebecca Hall . . . and once she sees the evidence, she’s not allowed to communicate with the client or the rest of the defense team. Which kinda sucks once Bana becomes convinced there’s a conspiracy surrounding the case.
Next Week’s Theatrical Releases, CDs, DVDs, and Games
CDs for Tuesday, September 3rd:
• “Yours Truly”, the debut album from Ariana Grande . . . It includes Mac Miller on her song “The Way”, and Big Sean on the track “Right There”.
• “Hesitation Marks”, the eighth album from Nine Inch Nails
• “Love and War”, the second disc from Tamar Braxton . . . Toni Braxton’s little sister
• “Love In The Future”, the fourth album from John Legend
• “Appreciation Day”, the sixth album from R&B singer Jaheim
• “The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You”, the sixth album from Neko Case of the New Pornographers
Games for Tuesday, September 3rd:
• “Diablo III“ . . . a console version for Xbox360 and PS3. In this one, your ally against the remaining demon lords is the niece of Deckard Cain, the old man who helped you in the first two games. The PC version came out in May of last year.
• “Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse“ is a remake of an old Sega Genesis game that’s going to be downloadable on the Xbox360, PS3, and the PC. The Xbox version hits the Xbox Live Arcade on Wednesday.
• “Rayman Legends“ is a 4-player co-op game on the Xbox360, PS3, and the WiiU. With the Wii version, you can get a fifth player into the game by using the handheld touchscreen pad. That player is responsible for protecting you and acting as a shield.
• “Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate“ is a fighting game with five new characters for the Xbox360 and PS3. This version finally adds a “2-on-2″ online co-op mode for tag team fighting.
• “Total War: Rome III“ a strategy game for the PC where the Roman Empire fights for control of the Mediterranean against the Carthaginians, Macedonians and Egyptians.
DVDs for Tuesday, September 3rd:
• “Now You See Me“ . . . Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher and Dave Franco are a team of magicians who pull off a bank heist during their act. Mark Ruffalo is an agent trying to catch them and Morgan Freeman is his magic consultant.
• Rob Zombie’s “The Lords of Salem“ is a horror movie starring Sheri Moon Zombie as a DJ who experiences visions after receiving a mysterious record.
• “Cockneys vs. Zombies“ is a British horror comedy about bank robbers fighting through zombie-infested London with their grandfather and his retirement home friends.
• “The English Teacher“ stars Julianne Moore as a teacher trying to get a former student’s play produced. Nathan Lane, Lily Collins, and Greg Kinnear are also in it.
• “Arthur Newman“ stars Colin Firth as an amateur golfer who stages his own death, creates a new identity as a golf pro, and runs off with Emily Blunt.
• “The Iceman“ stars Michael Shannon as a mafia hitman, Winona Ryder as his clueless wife, and Chris Evans as a hitman who uses an ice cream truck for his cover.
• “The Office: Season Nine” . . . a 5-disc set of the show’s final season.
• “SHARKNADO“!!! . . . starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
Theatrical Releases for Next Friday, September 6th:
• “Riddick“ . . . starring Vin Diesel in the third “Chronicles of Riddick” movie, that all started with the movie “Pitch Black”. “Star Trek’s” Karl Urban, rassler Bautista, and “Battlestar Galactica’s” Katee Sackhoff are also in it.
• “Hell Baby“ . . . a horror comedy starring Rob Corrdry and Leslie Bibb as an expectant couple who move into a haunted house . . . and the guys from “Reno 911!” as an exorcist team sent from the Vatican.
• “Touchy Feely“ . . . starring Rosemarie DeWitt as a massage therapist with a sudden aversion to physical contact of any kind. Ellen Page is also in it as her niece.
Friday TV Reminders:
• “Side by Side” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. Keanu Reeves produced and hosts a documentary about the difference between digital and celluloid filmmaking with directors George Lucas, James Cameron and Christopher Nolan.
• “Continuum” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Syfy.
• “Cracked” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 P.M. to Midnight on Reelz. David Sutcliffe from “Gilmore Girls” stars in this cop drama about the Psych Crimes & Crisis Unit, which investigates troubling and psychologically complex crimes.
• “Comedy Bang! Bang!” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on IFC. Sarah Silverman guests.
• “Miss You Much” [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. onVH1. Aaron Carter, Brian McKnight and “Growing Pains” star Jeremy Miller are profiled.
• “John Oliver’s New York Stand-Up Show” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Comedy Central. Comedians Ron Funches, Mark Forward and Dan Soder perform.
• “Austin City Limits” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. Mumford & Sons and Flogging Molly perform. (REPEAT)
• “Do No Harm” [Series Finale] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Saturday Night Live” . . . 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Peyton Manning guest hosts and Carrie Underwood is the musical guest. (REPEAT)
Sunday TV Reminders:
• “Track and Field: IAAF Diamond League” . . . 1:30 to 2:30 P.M. Eastern on NBC. Usain Bolt, Shelly-Ann Fraser, Dayton Robles and LaShawn Merritt are among the athletes expected to compete.
• “NASCAR: Sprint Cup in Atlanta” . . . 7:30 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on ESPN.
• “ABC Fall Preview Special”. . . 7:00 to 8:00 P.M. on ABC. The hosts of “The Chew” preview the upcoming fall season.
• “MDA Show of Strength Telethon”. . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. Ryan Seacrest, Paula Abdul, the Backstreet Boys, Matthew Morrison, Luke Bryan, Lee Ann Womack and Darius Rucker are among the stars set to appear.
• “TV’s Funniest Of The Funniest: A Paley Center for Media Special” . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Jennifer Aniston, Betty White and Michael J. Fox are among those sharing their favorite moments of TV comedy from the last 60 years.
• “Snapped” [11th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Oxygen.
• “Sunday Best” [6th Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on BET.
• “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN. Molly Ringwald and pastor Ted Haggard are her guests.
• “Rock My RV” [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Travel Channel.
• “La La’s Full Court Life” [5th Season Finale] . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on VH1.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Music Guest: Chris Brown.
• “Good Morning America” – Music Guest: Alicia Keys.
• “CBS This Morning” – “The Huffington Post’s” executive culture and entertainment editor Mike Hogan.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Oprah Winfrey (“The Butler”) and Tyler Perry. (REPEAT)
• “The View” – Jeff Daniels (“The Newsroom”) and Bernadette Peters. “I Love Jenni’s” Chiquis Rivera co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Rachael Ray” – Dr. Phil. (REPEAT)
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Mila Kunis (“Oz the Great and Powerful”). Music Guest: Tegan and Sara. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Selena Gomez. Music Guest: Il Volo. Marie Osmond co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Katie Couric” – Steve Schirripa (“The Secret Life of the American Teenager”), Vanessa Williams (Broadway’s “The Trip to Bountiful”), “The Soul Man’s” Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash. (REPEAT)
• “Steve Harvey” – Mike Tyson. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Phil” – “From Star Athlete to Call Girl”. A woman who’s trying to get custody of her young nephew because she believes her sister is an unfit mother. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – “The Biggest Loser’s” Bob Harper. Plus: How to protect yourself from “fearsome” diseases. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Omarosa Manigault (“All-Star Celebrity Apprentice”) and Dr. Gadget with the latest “must-have” gadgets. (REPEAT)
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Denzel Washington (“2 Guns”). Music Guest: James McCartney. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Josh Duhamel (“Scenic Route”) and chef Adam Perry Lang. Music Guest: Luke Bryan. (REPEAT)
• “The Tonight Show” – Diablo Cody and Senator John McCain. Music Guests: Booker T. Jones with Mayer Hawthorne.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Steve Carell, Channing Tatum, Neil Patrick Harris, Nikki Reed, and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees are his guests. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Miranda Hart (“Call the Midwife”), Bryan Cranston (“Breaking Bad”), and Common (“Hell on Wheels”). Music Guest: Robin Thicke. (REPEAT)
• “Carson Daly” – Pete Wentz and a look at the hidden meanings within “The Shining” in the documentary “Room 237“. Music Guest: Tift Merritt. (REPEAT)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers. (REPEAT)
The Average Family Blows $1,000 on Products They Never Use . . . Here’s the Top 10
A new survey says the average family has blown over $1,000 on gadgets, kitchen items, and other gimmicky products they NEVER use. The top things people regret buying the most are chocolate fondue fountains, foot spas, workout DVDs, and digital photo frames.
1. Chocolate fondue fountain.
2. Foot spa.
3. Workout DVDs.
4. Fondue set.
5. Digital photo frame. (Amen. This should be number one.)
6. Pasta-making set.
8. Bread machine.
9. Cocktail shaker.
10. Sleep tracker or monitor. (Daily Mail)
39% of Companies Make People Work on Labor Day
: According to a new survey, 39% of businesses will make at least some of their employees work on Labor Day this year. 63% of LARGE companies will, compared to 29% of smaller businesses.
Three Out of Four Parents Are Secretly Happy Their Kids Are Back in School
According to a new survey, 76% of parents say they’re SECRETLY HAPPY their kids are back in school or about to go back. Only 24% of parents say they’re bummed their kids are back in class.
The Average Mom Spends $135 on Back-to-School Clothes . . . For Herself
According to a new survey, the average mom spends $135 on back-to-school clothes . . . FOR HERSELF. The average mom buys clothes, jewelry, shoes, or beauty treatments to make sure she looks good when she drops her kids off on the first day of school.
A Man Has Actually Been Diagnosed With “Chronic Lateness Syndrome”
There’s really a disease for everything now. A 57-year-old man in Scotland was just diagnosed with Chronic Lateness Syndrome. No, that’s not a condition that’s officially recognized by the psychiatric community. But the man’s doctor says the condition comes from the same part of the brain as ADHD . . . so the man can’t focus on how long things are going to take.
A Polish Woman Wants to Set a Record by Having Sex With 100,000 Men . . . and She’s at 284 Right Now
There’s a 21-year-old woman from Poland who wants to have sex with 100,000 men . . . which would definitely be a world record. She wants to have sex with each of them for 20 minutes, which comes out to three years and 10 months of sex. She says her boyfriend wasn’t thrilled with her plan, but, quote, “had to come to terms with it.”
A Dying Woman Is Recruiting Someone to Have Sex With the Guy She’s Having an Affair With?
There’s a 55-year-old woman in Connecticut who’s been having an affair for the past five years, and is now dying of pancreatic cancer. So she just went on Craigslist to try to find NEW WOMEN to have SEX with the guy from her affair. She says he’s, quote, “kind, supportive, funny . . . and very attentive to my sexual needs.”
The Ten Most Livable Cities . . . and None Are in the U.S.
Not a single U.S. city made this year’s list of the most livable cities in the world. But three cities in CANADA made the top five. Melbourne, Australia is number one for the third straight year, followed by Vienna, Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary.
1. Melbourne, Australia . . . for the third year in a row.
2. Vienna, Austria
6. Adelaide, Australia
7. Sydney, Australia
8. Helsinki, Finland
9. Perth, Australia
10. Auckland, New Zealand
(Among U.S. cities, Honolulu was ranked the highest at #26, followed by Pittsburgh at #30.) (Daily Mail)
A Girl Calls 911 Over a “Massive Freaking Spider” . . . and a Cop Actually Takes Care of It
A few weekends ago, a teenage girl in Oregon called 911 to report she was home alone . . . and there was a, quote, “MASSIVE FREAKING SPIDER” in her house. She said it was the size of a baseball. Believe it or not, a cop actually went to her house and killed the spider. He said it was closer to two inches, and he killed it with a rolled-up newspaper.
Andy Roddick – 31 (Retired tennis SUPERSTUD. He used to make sweet, sweet love to Mandy Moore. Now he’s married to . . . and regularly connects sweet spots with . . . “Sports Illustrated” swimsuit cover girl Brooklyn Decker.)
Swizz Beatz – 35 (Young urban troubadour. His hits include “Money in the Bank” and “It’s Me Snitches”. But his BIGGEST hit was . . . ALICIA KEYS, who he’s married to with one kid.)
Cameron Diaz – 41
Michael Chiklis – 50 (Beautifully bald man who played badass detective Vic Mackey on “The Shield”, The Thing in the “Fantastic Four” movies, and a father with Thing-like superpowers on “No Ordinary Family”.)
Mark Strong – 50 (Sinestro in “Green Lantern”, and the villain in “Kick Ass”, “Sherlock Holmes”, and Russell Crowe’s “Robin Hood”.)
Lewis Black – 65 (Ridiculously furious comic who got huge as a “Daily Show” contributor.)
PEGGY LIPTON – 67 (Julie on “The Mod Squad”. She used to nail Quincy Jones. She and Quincy created the gorgeous interracial beauty Rashida Jones . . . who was on “The Office” for a while, and now stars with Amy Poehler on “Parks & Recreation”.)
Ben Jones – 72 (Cooter on “The Dukes Of Hazzard”.) (He went on to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1988 to 1992.) (True.)
Warren Buffett – 83 (One of the world’s richest people. He wants the government to tax him MORE.)
Bill Daily – 86 (Major Roger Healy on “I Dream of Jeannie”.)
Kitty Wells – Would have been 94 – (1919 – 2012) (The Queen of Country Music.)
Ted Williams – (1918 – 2002) (Frozen Baseball Hall of Famer.)
Tug McGraw – (1944 – 2004) (Former baseball pitcher whose greatest accomplishment in life was illegitimately siring country superstar Tim McGraw.)
John Phillips – (1935 – 2001) (The Mamas & The Papas. Loved his daughter Mackenzie Phillips even more than Joe Simpson loves his daughter Jessica.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• Labor Day Weekend starts today
• 9 days until Grandparents Day
• 20 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 47 days until Boss’s Day
• 62 days until Halloween
• 1,239 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day…
867 years ago . . . in 1146 – European leaders got together and BANNED THE CROSSBOW, figuring that since it was such an effective weapon, without it, nobody would bother fighting any more wars.
129 years ago . . . in 1884 – A boxer named Jack Dempsey. . . but not THE Jack Dempsey. . . knocked out George Fulljames in the 22nd round to win the middleweight title in the FIRST BOXING MATCH WHERE GLOVES WERE USED.
50 years ago . . . in 1963 – THE “HOT LINE” COMMUNICATIONS LINK BETWEEN WASHINGTON, D.C. AND MOSCOW went into operation.
46 years ago . . . in 1967 – The Senate confirmed THURGOOD MARSHALL as the FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN JUSTICE on the Supreme Court.
35 years ago . . . in 1978 – SADAHARU OH of Japan’s Yomiuri Giants hit his 800TH CAREER HOME RUN.
34 years ago . . . in 1979 – ANNE MEYERS became the FIRST WOMAN TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH AN NBA TEAM. The Indiana Pacers cut her after only two days. . . because she PLAYED LIKE A GIRL.
30 years ago . . . in 1983 – The Space Shuttle “Challenger” carried Lieutenant Colonel Guion Bluford, Jr. . . the FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN ASTRONAUT. . . into space.
29 years ago . . . in 1984 – Fans paid more than $271,000 for assorted BEATLES memorabilia at an auction in London. The highest-priced item was an unpublished manuscript by JOHN LENNON that went for over $23,000.
24 years ago . . . in 1989 – “The Hotel Queen of Mean” LEONA HELMSLEY was found guilty of tax evasion, but was acquitted of extortion. She served 18 months in prison, a month at a halfway house and two months under house arrest.
24 years ago . . . in 1989 – IZZY STRADLIN, then of GUNS ‘N ROSES, was ARRESTED FOR URINATING ON A FLOOR, VERBALLY ABUSING A STEWARDESS AND SMOKING IN THE NON-SMOKING SECTION OF A U.S. AIR FLIGHT.
20 years ago . . . in 1993 – 23 million homes tuned into the CBS debut of “The Late Show With David Letterman”. Less than half that many people watched the “Tonight Show” with Jay Leno. (Billy Joel was Dave’s first musical guest.)
17 years ago . . . in 1996 – BILLY BOB THORNTON’S truly brilliant movie “Sling Blade”, which also starred DWIGHT YOAKAM, was released.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 – Word spread across the U.S. of the deaths of PRINCESS DIANA, her dashing Arab companion INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY DODI AL FAYED, and their drunk chauffeur Henri Paul, in a car crash in Paris.
10 years ago . . . in 2003 – “Death Wish” superstar CHARLES BRONSON died from pneumonia at the age of 81.
8 years ago . . . in 2005 – The 17th Street Canal in NEW ORLEANS was breached by HURRICANE KATRINA . . . causing massive flooding and destruction.