Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Corey Feldman Thinks He’s the New Hugh Hefner
COREY FELDMAN is trying to be the next HUGH HEFNER, by filling his mansion with scantily-clad women and throwing parties. A writer for Vice.com got to attend one, and his article and photos make it seem like it was pretty lame.
“Prison Break” Star Wentworth Miller Has Come Out
Former “Prison Break” star WENTWORTH MILLER has come out of the closet. In a letter declining an invite to a Russian film festival, he said, quote, “As a gay man, I must decline. I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government.”
Is Robert Pattinson Dissing “Twilight” Fans?
ROBERT PATTINSON seemed to take a dig at “Twilight” fans . . . telling a German magazine, quote, “Sometimes I ask myself what these masses of people do the whole day. They sit in front of their computers and comment on anything having even remotely to do with ‘Twilight’.”
David Cassidy Was Arrested for Drunk Driving by a Cop Named Tom Jones . . . And He Actually Asked Him “What’s New, Pussycat?”
DAVID CASSIDY was arrested for drunk driving near Albany, New York yesterday morning. And when he found out the cop’s name was TOM JONES, he said, quote, “What’s new, pussycat?” . . . which is the name of a hit song by the SINGER Tom Jones. Cassidy is now facing FELONY drunk driving charges because of a prior DUI in Florida.
Proof That God Loves Us!!! Christina Hendricks Will Play a Stripper!
If you need proof that God loves us, I believe I have it right here: Well-chested “Mad Men” minx CHRISTINA HENDRICKS is FINALLY going to play a STRIPPER in a movie!
The movie is called “Dark Places”. It’s an adaptation of the GILLIAN FLYNN novel of the same name.
17 Reality Shows That Need To Come Back
Buzzfeed.com has put together a list of 17 Reality Shows That Need To Come Back . . . and it includes: “Rock of Love”, “Flavor of Love”, “The Surreal Life”, “Trading Spaces” and “Celebrity Fit Club”.
1. “Rock of Love”, with Bret Michaels
2. “Flavor of Love”, with Flavor Flav
3. “The Surreal Life”
4. “Rob & Big”, with Rob Drydek and Christopher “Big Black” Boykin
5. “Daisy of Love”, with “Rock of Love” runner-up Daisy De La Hoya
6. “Beauty and the Geek”
7. “Bug Juice”, which was basically Disney’s version of “The Real World”
8. “Charm School”, with cast-offs from “Rock of Love” and “Flavor of Love”
9. “Trading Spaces”
10. “Kid Nation”, where 40 kids created their own society in some fake New Mexico “town.”
11. “Ego Trip’s The (White) Rapper Show”
12. “Making the Band”, with Diddy
13. “Tool Academy”
14. “Celebrity Fit Club”
15. “I Love Money”, also with contestants from the various VH1 “Love” shows
16. “The Simple Life”, with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie
17. “Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica”, with the former couple Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson. The site suggests that the show could come back with Nick and Jessica, living in one house together with their NEW families. (???)
A “Rambo” TV Show Is in the Works . . . and Sylvester Stallone May Be Involved
Word has it that a “Rambo” TV series is in the works. SYLVESTER STALLONE is “in talks” to be involved on a, quote, “creative level” . . . although, he COULD possibly star on it. Stallone hasn’t commented.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “Monday Night Pre-Season Football” . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on ESPN. The Baltimore Ravens host the Carolina Panthers in Baltimore.
• “Kid Rock: Live From Buffalo Chip” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on CMT. Kid Rock performs from Sturgis Buffalo Chip.
• “Project Runway” . . . 9:00 to 10:30 P.M. on Lifetime. Allison Williams from HBO’s “Girls” is a guest judge.
• “Ghost Shark” . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Syfy. “7th Heaven’s” Mackenzie Rosman and “Night Court’s” Richard Moll star in another bad CGI shark movie. This one’s about a shark that comes back from the dead for vengeance against a coastal community.
• “Big Brother 15″ [Eviction Night] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CBS.
• “Hollywood Game Night” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. This week’s six celebrities are Minnie Driver, Kal Penn, Kenan Thompson, “New Girl’s” Max Greenfield, and “The Office’s” Ellie Kemper and Angela Kinsey.
• “Ridiculousness” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on MTV. Joanna Krupa from “The Real Housewives of Miami” guests.
• “Sullivan & Son” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on TBS.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Topics include back-to-school apps and tools for parents and kids, plus a report on Bergdorf Goodman’s personal shopper.
• “Good Morning America” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• “CBS This Morning” – Professional golfer Greg Norman.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Emma Stone (“The Croods”) and David Spade (“Grown Ups 2″). Music Guest: 6-year-old drumming prodigy Avery Molek. (REPEAT)
• “The View” – Bruce Willis (“Red 2″), plus Giuliana and Bill Rancic along with their son Duke. Gabrielle Reece co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Rachael Ray” – Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell (“The Fabulous Beekman Boys”) and Buddy Valastro (“Cake Boss”). (REPEAT)
• “Kris” – Tasha Smith co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Colin Farrell (“Dead Man Down”) and science guy Steve Spangler. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Ted Danson (“CSI”) and Dr. Ian Smith. (REPEAT)
• “Katie Couric” – Willie Degel (Food Network’s “Restaurant Stakeout”) and chef Aaron McCargo Jr. discuss restaurant secrets. (REPEAT)
• “Steve Harvey” – Steve helps a young woman to finally introduce her boyfriend of three years to her mother. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Phil” – “Parenting Disaster: Extreme Excuses”. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – Rev Run and Tyrese Gibson discuss their book “Manology: Secrets of Your Man’s Mind Revealed”. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Patricia Heaton (Hallmark’s “The Christmas Heart”) and “Dancing with the Stars” partners Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy. (REPEAT)
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Tennis star Serena Williams and comedian Sean Donnelly. Music Guest: MGMT.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Jason Sudeikis (“We’re the Millers”) and Amber Heard (“Paranoia”). Music Guest: Mayer Hawthorne. (REPEAT)
• “The Tonight Show” – Josh Gad (“Jobs”). Music Guest: Kristin Chenoweth. (REPEAT)
• “Craig Ferguson” – Hugh Dancy (“Hannibal”) and Margaret Cho. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Ryan Reynolds (“Turbo” and “R.I.P.D.”) and Bob Saget (“That’s What I’m Talkin About”). Music Guest: Fall Out Boy. (REPEAT)
• “Carson Daly” – Greta Gerwig and artist Molly Crabapple. Music Guest: Pierce the Veil. (REPEAT)
• “Conan” – Alice Eve (“Star Trek Into Darkness”), Ed Helms (“The Hangover Part III”), and the cast of “Workaholics”. (REPEAT)
• “Jon Stewart” – Author Neal Thompson (“A Curious Man: The Strange and Brilliant Life of Robert “Believe It or Not!” Ripley”). John Oliver guest hosts. (REPEAT)
• “The Colbert Report” – Music Guest: Robin Thicke. (REPEAT)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Round table guests are Chris Franjola, Sarah Colonna, and Nico Santos.
Men Are More Likely to Look at a Woman’s Eyes Before Her Breasts . . . and the Top 10 Things Both Genders Look at First
A new survey asked people to name the first thing they notice when they meet someone of the opposite sex. The top two answers for both men and women were EYES and SMILE. The number three answers feel a little more honest . . . men said breasts and women said height.
Women Are Happiest With How They Look Naked at Age 34
According to a new survey, the age when women are the happiest with their own naked bodies is . . . 34. That’s the age where women finally have a strong sense of confidence . . . but they don’t ONLY see wrinkles or sagging when they look in the mirror.
The Six Worst Clichés People Use to Dump Someone
Here are the worst CLICHÉS people use to DUMP someone. I don’t deserve you . . . I need space . . . and you should be with someone who can treat you the way you deserve to be treated.
1. I don’t deserve you . . . you’re too good for me.
2. I need space.
3. You should be with someone who can treat you the way you deserve.
4. I think we’d be better as friends.
5. I’m not ready for something like this right now.
6. And of course: It’s not you . . . it’s me.
One in Seven People Are With Someone Who’s Not the Love of Their Life?
According to a new survey, one in SEVEN people in long-term relationships and marriages say they’re NOT with the “love of their life.” And almost HALF say they’d be willing to LEAVE their relationship or get a divorce to be with their TRUE LOVE.
If You Worked Fewer Hours a Day, You Still Wouldn’t be Happier
According to a new study, when people work fewer hours for the same money, it STILL didn’t improve their satisfaction with their lives. The main reason is that even when hours get cut, workload doesn’t . . . so work becomes more intense.
There Are More Subway Restaurants in the U.S. Than McDonald’s and Starbucks Combined?
: It FEELS like you see Subway restaurants everywhere you go, but this is still unbelievable. At the end of 2012 there were more Subways in the U.S. than McDonald’s and Starbucks COMBINED. There were 25,549 Subways, which is 264 more locations than McDonald’s and Starbucks. Also, in 2012, an average of 2.6 new Subways opened in the U.S. every DAY.
Michelob Ultra Is One of the Best Beers in the World?
According to a questionable survey by the website FindTheBest.com, the top ten beers in the world include MICHELOB ULTRA and Michelob Ultra LIME CACTUS. Pacifico and Negra Modelo also made the list . . . but Budweiser only managed 316th place.
2. Michelob Ultra
3. Ballantine XXX Ale
4. Negra Modelo
5. Windhoek Lager . . . which is brewed in Namibia.
6. Aguila . . . which is from Colombia.
7. Smithwick’s Ale . . . from Ireland.
8. Affligem Blond . . . from Belgium.
9. Laurentina Clara . . . from Mozambique.
10. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus (Yahoo)
Atlanta Is the Funniest City in the U.S.? Plus the Rest of the Top 10
According to a new study, ATLANTA is the funniest city in the U.S. The rankings are based on things like comedy clubs and improv groups per capita, how many comedians were born there and live there, and how many sitcoms are set in the city. The top five funniest cities are Atlanta, Chicago, L.A., Boston, and New York.
The Weirdest Things People Have Left Behind on Planes Include a Live Falcon, a Bag of Diamonds, and a Prosthetic Leg
In a new survey by a search site called Skyscanner, here are some of the weirdest things people have left behind on planes. A live flacon . . . a bag of diamonds . . . wigs and toupees . . . one egg, not in a carton . . . a handwritten marriage proposal . . . and a prosthetic leg.
Live animals, including a FALCON, a parrot, a frog, and a tortoise.
A box of dried fish.
A wedding dress.
A bag of diamonds.
Wigs and toupees.
One egg . . . not in a carton, just the egg itself.
A handwritten marriage proposal.
And a prosthetic leg.
The most common thing people leave behind on planes are passports, followed by cell phones and books. (Travel Daily News)
Rodrigo Santoro – 38 (Mantastic Brazilian actor who was BURIED ALIVE on “Lost” . . . and was also the villain Xerxes in “300″. He’ll be back as Xerxes in “300: Rise of an Empire” next March.)
(He also played Raul Castro . . . the man who’s currently running Cuba . . . in “Che”, Steven Soderbergh’s flick about en fuego revolutionary and T-shirt icon Ernesto “Che” Guevara.)
Howie D. – 40 (Backstreet BOYS?)
Kristen Wiig – 40 (“Bridesmaids” is quite possibly the funniest comedy with a female lead EVER. She’s Steve Carell’s love interest in “Anchorman: The Legend Continues” this December.)
Richard Armitage – 42 (Thorin Oakenshield, leader of the dwarves in the “Hobbit” flicks, and Hydra assassin Heinz Kruger in “Captain America”.)
Giada De Laurentiis – 43 (Big headed celebrity chef. She’s also the granddaughter of Dino De Laurentiis, a movie producer whose career stretched from the 1940s until 2007. He died in 2010.)
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje – 46 (Mr. Eko on “Lost” and Heavy Duty in “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”.)
Ty Burrell – 46 (Phil Dunphy, the hilarious dad on “Modern Family”. )
Genius . . . a.k.a. the GZA – 47 (One of the 9 principal members of the Wu-Tang Clan. He’s the cousin of the now-deceased Ol’ Dirty Bastard (slash) Big Baby Jesus (slash) Dirt McGirt.)
JAMES DEBARGE! – 50 (Older brother of Chico and El DeBarge. For about six months in 1984-1985, he got to nail his wife Janet Jackson anytime he wanted to.)
Tori Amos – 50 (“Winter” might be the most gorgeous song EVER WRITTEN. Pro rassler MICK FOLEY . . . possibly the most dangerous and reckless man in the history of the business . . . used to use it to psych himself up before going out the ring to perpetrate CHAOS and MAYHEM.) (True!)
Debbi Peterson – 52 (The Bangles)
Roland Orzabal – 52 (Tears For “Frickin” Fears.)
Collin Raye – 54 (Country stud.)
Vernon Reid – 55 (Former guitarist for Living Colour.)
Holly Dunn – 56 (Country singer. Biggest hit: 1989′s “Are You Gonna Love Me”.)
CINDY WILLIAMS! – 66 (Sexy Shirley Feeney on “Laverne & Shirley”.) (But I’m sure she’s MOST proud of her work in the 1972 classic “Beware! The Blob” . . . directed by LARRY HAGMAN!)
Bill Parcells – 72 (“BIG TUNA”. NFL chubby who used to coach the New York Giants, New York Jets, New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys.)
VALERIE HARPER! – 74 (Sexy Rhoda Morgenstern on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” AND “Rhoda”. She has inoperable brain cancer . . . but so far she’s still kickin’.)
Carl Yastrzemski – 74 (Boston Red Sox Baseball Hall-of-Famer.)
General Stormin’ Norman Schwarzkopf – Would have been 79 – (1934 – 2012)
Ray Bradbury – Would have been 93 – (1920 – 2012) (TIGHT sci-fi author of “The Martian Chronicles”, “Something Wicked This Way Comes” and “Fahrenheit 451″.)
Layne Staley – (1967 – 2002) (Dead Alice In Chains singer / dead smack-head.)
John Lee Hooker – (1917 – 2001) (Blues legend.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 8 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 17 days until Grandparents Day
• 28 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 55 days until Boss’s Day
• 70 days until Halloween
• 1,247 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day…
148 years ago . . . in 1865 – Genius William Sheppard of New York City patented LIQUID SOAP.
111 years ago . . . in 1902 – Theodore Roosevelt became the first U.S. President to RIDE IN AN AUTOMOBILE.
49 years ago . . . in 1964 – Liberty Records reported that the album “The Chipmunks Sing The Beatles” was selling 25,000 copies A DAY.
45 years ago . . . in 1968 – The day before their sixth anniversary, CYNTHIA LENNON sued JOHN LENNON for divorce on the grounds of . . . GASP . . . ADULTERY.
36 years ago . . . in 1977 – SEBASTIAN CABOT . . . the chubby Mr. French on “Family Affair” . . . died of a stroke at age 59.
29 years ago . . . in 1984 – The last VOLKSWAGEN RABBIT rolled off the assembly line in Westmoreland, Pennsylvania.
27 years ago . . . in 1986 – The Musicfest rock extravaganza opened in Montreal.
26 years ago . . . in 1987 – SUZANNE VEGA’S “Luka” peaked at #3 on the pop chart. I believe Luka lived on the SECOND FLOOR.
21 years ago . . . in 1992 – STING and his insatiable new wife Trudi Styler held a large wedding ceremony a few days after their smaller, private one. THE POLICE got back together to play at the reception. Sting and Trudi enjoy the taboo Tantric sex, ya know.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 – ROBIN GIVENS . . . best known as the psychotic ex-Mrs. Mike Tyson . . . married tennis instructor Svetozar Marinkovic.
6 years ago . . . in 2007 – The Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 30-3. That was the most runs scored by any team in modern Major League Baseball history.