Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
Tom Cruise Wears Thongs During His Stunt Scenes
TOM CRUISE reportedly insists on wearing thongs during all his stunt scenes. Sources say, quote, “He’s pretty insistent about having a new thong every time. We do have a laugh but he sees it as dedication to his craft . . . He was embarrassed at first but he sees it as a way of improving his flexibility as he gets older.”
One-Armed Surfer Bethany Hamilton Got Married
Surfer BETHANY HAMILTON . . . whose arm was bitten off by a tiger shark in 2003 when she was only 13 years old . . . got married on Saturday to a man named Adam Dirks.
She Tweeted, quote, “Today was the most beautiful, wonderful best day of my life! God is more than good. Excited to live life with my husband!”
Lindsay Lohan Says She Went Into Rehab “Ready to Get Really Honest”
On “Oprah’s Next Chapter” last night, LINDSAY LOHAN said she’s SERIOUS this time about turning her life around.
She said, quote, “In this case, I wasn’t fighting at all. I just let go and was able to just be like, ‘OK you probably do know what’s best, because my idea of doing what’s best for me has not worked in the past.”
She added, quote, “I came into it just really willing, really craving more spirituality. Really open and ready to get really honest.”
It’s On! Between Kim Kardashian and Katie Couric
Last week KATIE COURIC said she didn’t understand why the Kardashians were famous. So KIM KARDASHIAN posted a picture of the baby gift Katie had given her, along with the very sweet note she sent with it. She called Katie a “fake media friend” and added, quote, “May I Humbly Suggest You Not Send Gifts Then Talk [Crap].” Katie immediately backed down.
Robert Pattinson Shoved a Security Guard’s Face, But It Was a Mistake
ROBERT PATTINSON was being hounded by paparazzi scumbags while he was leaving a club called the Troubador Friday night . . . and he seemed to be in no mood for it.
So he actually put his hand out and shoved a guy BY THE FACE. Unfortunately, the guy he shoved was one of the club’s bouncers, who was trying to HELP him.
Oprah’s “Butler” Beat Ashton Kutcher’s “Jobs” at the Box Office
All that OPRAH publicity must have paid off because “The Butler” took the #1 spot at the box office this weekend with $25 million.
The other new movies weren’t even in the race. “Kick-Ass 2″ opened in 4th place with a disappointing $13.6 million. (The first one made $19.8 million in 2010.)
ASHTON KUTCHER’S “Jobs” finished in 7th place with just $6.7 million. And the LIAM HEMSWORTH thriller “Paranoia” flopped with an embarrassing $3.5 million in 13th place. Here are this week’s Top 10 movies:
1. (NEW) “Lee Daniels’ The Butler”, $25 million.
2. “We’re the Millers”, $17.8 million. Up to $69.5 million in its 2nd week.
3. “Elysium”, $13.6 million. Up to $55.9 million in its 2nd week.
4. (NEW) “Kick-Ass 2″, $13.6 million.
5. “Planes”, $13.1 million. Up to $45.1 million in its 2nd week.
6. “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”, $8.4 million. Up to $38.9 million in its 2nd week.
7. (NEW) “Jobs”, $6.7 million.
8. “2 Guns”, $5.6 million. Up to $59.2 million in its 3rd week.
9. “The Smurfs 2″, $4.6 million. Up to $56.9 million in its 3rd week.
10. “The Wolverine”, $4.4 million. Up to $120 million in its 4th week.
Will Ewan McGregor Return for “Star Wars 7″?
The World Wide Web of Misinformation says that EWAN MCGREGOR will be back to play Obi-Wan Kenobi in “Star Wars 7″. Ewan played Obi-Wan in the SECOND trilogy, which was Parts 1 through 3 of the story.
If Obi-Wan comes back for the new movies, he’ll have to be a “Force ghost” . . . if that’s what they’re called . . . because he DIED in the original trilogy, which was Parts 4 through 6.
Jennifer Lopez’s Boyfriend Says J-Lo Is Returning to “American Idol”
There’s still no official word on whether or not JENNIFER LOPEZ is returning to “American Idol” next season . . . but her boyfriend CASPER SMART appears to have let the cat out of the bag.
E! News recently asked Casper if J-Lo was coming back to “Idol”, and he responded, quote, “Yes.”
A Promo for the Upcoming Season of “Glee” Is Upbeat . . . and Doesn’t Mention Cory Monteith
“Glee” will address CORY MONTEITH’S death by killing off his character, but there’s no mention of that seriousness in a promo for the upcoming fifth season.
It’s just an upbeat ad that features old clips of the other cast members, along with graphics that say, quote, “Once again with feeling. Once again with drama. Once again with passion. Are you ready to go . . . once again?”
Monday TV Reminders:
• “NFL Pre-Season Football” . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on ESPN. The Washington Redskins host the Pittsburgh Steelers at FedEx Field in Landover.
• “Switched At Birth” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC Family.
• “Basketball Wives” [5th Season Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on VH1.
• “Disney TRYathlon” [Part 2] . . . 9:00 to 9:15 P.M. on Disney XD.
• “Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives” [17th Season Finale] . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on Food Network.
• “God Guns and Automobiles” . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. Eastern on History. Mark and his son decide to get into the moonshine business, while Jason balances his duties as well as training Mongo.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Eric Bana (“Closed Circuit”), Stacy London (TLC’s “What Not to Wear”), and chef Curtis Stone.
• “Good Morning America” – Lady Gaga.
• “CBS This Morning” – “National Geographic’s” wildlife photographer Nick Nichols and videographer Nathan Williamson (“The Serengeti Lion“).
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Vince Vaughn (“The Internship”). Music Guests: Psy. (REPEAT)
• “The View” – Catherine Zeta-Jones (“Red 2″) and real estate expert Michael Corbett. Ralph Macchio co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Rachael Ray” – Liza Minnelli (“Arrested Development”). Chef Emeril Lagasse co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Kris” – Beauty adviser Kym Douglas and “Hell’s Kitchen” chef Nilka Hendricks. Radio personality Michael Catherwood co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Max Greenfield (“New Girl”) and Matt Lauer. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Kunal Nayyar (“The Big Bang Theory”). Cameron Mathison co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Katie Couric” – “America’s Got Talent” judge Howard Stern and his wife Beth. (REPEAT)
• “Steve Harvey” – Steve offers advice on ways to reconnect with your kids, plus meet the man behind Outback Steakhouse’s popular “Bloomin’ Onion”. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Phil” – Dr. Phil helps a young woman confront her mother and half sister about ignoring her cries for help when she was molested by her adoptive father as a child. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – “Recharge Your Body 5 Ways in 5 Days”. Dr. Oz shares the secrets to looking younger and boosting personal energy. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Salma Hayek (“Here Comes the Boom”), Kylie Minogue (“Holy Motors”) and chef Lorena Garcia prepares a Cuban sandwich. (REPEAT)
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Olivia Wilde and “Breaking Bad’s” Dean Norris (“The Frozen Ground”). Music Guest: John Mayer.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Oprah Winfrey (“Lee Daniels’ The Butler”) and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (“Kick-Ass 2″). Music Guest: The Wanted. (REPEAT)
• “The Tonight Show” – Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine”) and Michael B. Jordan (“Fruitvale Station”). Music Guest: Court Yard Hounds. (REPEAT)
• “Craig Ferguson” – Dr. Sanjay Gupta (author of “Monday Mornings: A Novel”). Music Guest: Gretchen Wilson. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Hugh Jackman (“The Wolverine”) and Natasha Lyonne (Netflix’s “Orange Is the New Black”), and chef Frank Pellegrino Jr. (REPEAT)
• “Carson Daly” – Author Lawrence Wright (“Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief”) and a look at the underground survival documentary “No Place on Earth“. Music Guest: Delta Rae. (REPEAT)
• “Conan” – Don Cheadle (“Iron Man 3″) and comedian Pete Holmes. Music Guest: RNDM. (REPEAT)
• “Jon Stewart” – Liam Hemsworth (“Paranoia”). John Oliver guest hosts. (REPEAT)
• “The Colbert Report” – Kevin Spacey (Netflix’s “House of Cards”). (REPEAT)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Chloë Grace Moretz (“Kick-Ass 2″).
Flip Flops Are More Dangerous to Drive in Than Heels . . . and One in Nine People Have Gotten One Stuck Under a Pedal
According to a new survey, flip flops are more dangerous to drive in than high heels. 11% of people have gotten their flip flop stuck under one of the pedals. Driving in bare feet is the second most dangerous, followed by heels.
Here are the five most-dangerous types of footwear to drive in.
1. Flip flops. 51% of drivers said they’re hard to drive in.
2. Bare feet, 49%
3. Heels, 38%
4. Flats, 25%
5. Sandals OTHER than flip flops, 18%
Almost Half of Men Experience Reverse Anorexia . . . Where They Think They’re Not Muscular Enough
According to experts, at some point in their lives, almost HALF of men experience REVERSE ANOREXIA . . . where they think they’re not large and muscular enough. It’s nicknamed “bigorexia,” and it can lead to risky decisions, like taking steroids.
A Beard Can Make You Look Almost a Decade Older
So the BEARD look might be kinda trendy right now, with those hot young studs from “Duck Dynasty” rocking them and all. But think about THIS before you grow one. It’s going to make you look REALLY OLD
According to a new survey, a beard almost ALWAYS makes a man look older . . . sometimes by almost a decade. In the survey, men looked anywhere from two years to eight years older with a beard than without one.
Tanning Is Better for Your Brain Than Classical Music or Puzzles?
Believe it or not, a neuroscientist in California says TANNING is better for your brain than classical music or puzzles. Those give you a temporary boost in concentration . . . but going out in the sun helps your LONG-term brain function. Exercise, eating well, playing an instrument, and having sex are also good for your brain.
People Feel More Compassion for Dogs Than Human Beings
According to a new study out of Northeastern University in Boston, people feel more compassion and empathy for DOGS than for other HUMAN BEINGS. People also feel compassionate about babies . . . but not adults. The main reason is that we view dogs and babies as VULNERABLE, so we have an instinct to protect them . . . and feel bad when we can’t.
Facebook Ignored a Hacker’s Messages About the Site Being Vulnerable . . . So He Proved It by Hacking into Mark Zuckerberg’s Wall
Last week, a hacker found a security hole in Facebook that let anyone post to anyone’s wall, even if they weren’t friends. Facebook gives $500 rewards to people who find bugs like that, but they ignored this guy’s emails. So he proved it . . . by posting on MARK ZUCKERBERG’S wall. Facebook fixed the bug, but didn’t give him the reward . . . since he violated their terms of service.
A Court Sides With a Guy Who Complains About Loud Guinea Pig Sex
The biology department at a university in Germany put a ton of guinea pigs in a cage to test their mating habits . . . and every night, the guinea pigs had SUPER LOUD ORGIES. Unfortunately, the noise was so loud a neighbor complained. On Thursday, a judge told the university they had to move the humping guinea pigs further away from the residential area.
A Man Whose Legal Name Is Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop Has Been Arrested for the Second Time in Two Years
: In January of last year, a 32-year-old man in Wisconsin was arrested for marijuana possession. And his legal name is . . . Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop. He was born Jeffrey Wilschke, but changed his name in 2011. Well . . . he was just arrested again for drug charges. This time he’s facing up to five years in prison.
BILLY CLINTON – 67 (MASTER SWORDSMAN EXTRAORDINAIRE
JOHNNY STAMOS – 50 (UNCLE JESSE!)
Lil’ Romeo – 24 (Young urban troubadour sired by The Master P.)
Erika Christensen – 31 (“Swimfan” star who played Michael Douglas’ daughter in “Traffic”. These days she plays Lauren Graham’s sister on “Parenthood”.)
Rissi Palmer – 32 (Cocolicious African-American country singer. Check out her cover of Jordin Sparks’ R&B song “No Air” on her SoundCloud page.)
Fat Joe – 43 (Chubby urban troubadour who got the cool kids singing “Lean Back”.)
Matthew Perry – 44 (Chandler on “Friends” and Oz in “The Whole Nine Yards”. Still trying desperately to get another sitcom . . . ANY sitcom . . . off the ground.)
Tabitha Soren – 46 (Former MTV newsminx.)
Lee Ann Womack – 47 (Country minx. Biggest hit: “I Hope You Dance”.)
Kyra Sedgwick – 48 (“The Closer”. Kevin Bacon gets to nail her anytime he wants to!)
Kevin Dillon – 48 (Matt Dillon’s younger brother . . . who was Johnny “Drama” Chase on “Entourage”. Also awesome in “Platoon” and the 1988 remake of “The Blob”.)
Peter Gallagher – 58 (Sandy Cohen on “The O.C.”. He was also the real estate agent in “American Beauty” who gave his business to Annette Bening REAL good. These days he’s on “Covert Affairs” on USA.)
John Deacon – 62 (Bassist for Queen.)
Tipper Gore – 65 (Al Gore was a bore. And he was so big he made her sore. So she’s not nailing him anymore.)
Gerald McRaney – 66 (“Simon & Simon” and “Major Dad” superstar . . . AND Delta Burke’s ho.)
Ian Gillan – 68 (Deep Purple’s lead singer AND Jesus in the ORIGINAL cast recording of “Jesus Christ Superstar”. One of the absolute greatest singers . . . and screamers . . . in rock and roll.)
Fred Dalton Thompson – 71 (Senator-turned-actor. He WAS the D.A. on “Law & Order” but he quit the show to briefly run for president.)
Johnny Nash – 73 (“I Can See Cleeeeaaaarly Now The Raaaaain Is Gone . . .”)
Ginger Baker – 74
Willie Shoemaker – (1931 – 2003) (Legendary jockey.)
Orville Wright – (1871 – 1948)
Ogden Nash – (1902 – 1971) (Witty poet who came up with “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.”)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 11 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 20 days until Grandparents Day
• 31 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 58 days until Boss’s Day
• 73 days until Halloween
• 1,250 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day…
84 years ago . . . in 1929 – “Amos & Andy” debuted in syndication on NBC radio.
(“Amos & Andy” was a popular sitcom about African-Americans that ran through the 1950s. It’d be racially offensive by today’s standards, but it was supposedly a positive approach for its time.)
79 years ago . . . in 1934 – 90% of the Krazy Kraut voters elected ADOLF HITLER to the German presidency.
53 years ago . . . in 1960 - Russia sent the dogs BELKA (“Squirrel”) and STRELKA (“Little Arrow”) into orbit aboard the SPUTNIK 5. They were the first space dogs to live to “tell the tail”. (HI-YO!)
1957′s Sputnik 2 wasn’t designed for recovery and Laika (“Barker”) died in space.
46 years ago . . . in 1967 – THE BEATLES’ “All You Need Is Love” hit #1 on the pop charts. On the same day, RINGO STARR and his very lucky wife, Maureen, had a baby boy named Jason.
40 years ago . . . in 1973 – RITA COOLIDGE and KRIS KRISTOFFERSON got married in Malibu, California. They divorced in 1980.