Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Here’s a Massive Roundup of Over 25 Celebrities Accepting the ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge”
The “ALS Ice Bucket Challenge” phenomenon finally caught on with celebrities over the weekend . . . in a major way. A ton of them did it, including: Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lopez, Carrie Underwood, Steven Spielberg, Oprah and even 86-year-old Ethel Kennedy.
3. Blake Shelton drenched Carson Daly on the set of “The Voice”, and then Carson did the honors for Blake. Then, they both dropped a cooler full of ice water on Adam Levine. Carson gets soaked at the :45 mark; Blake gets it worse at 1:19; and Adam has the best reaction just after the two-minute mark.
Carson called out some boy bands, Blake called out Gwen Stefani and Pharrell. Adam called out “Avengers” stars Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo.
4. Gwen Stefani dumped water on Jessica Alba while Gwen’s husband Gavin Rossdale, their five-year-old son Zuma, and Nicole Richie were simultaneously being drenched. And . . . here’s Gwen accepting her ice water from Blake Shelton.
5. Jennifer Lopez had some helpers drench her, including her six-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
6. Keith Urban did it in Kansas City.
7. Carrie Underwood and her husband Mike Fisher completed the challenge . . . using construction equipment to dump ice water on their heads.
8. Remember that boy band Emblem3 from “X Factor”? No? Well, two of the dudes did the challenge NAKED . . . with their hands covering their junk.
9. Taylor Swift did NOT curse any ex-boyfriends while doing the ice-bucket challenge, but that would’ve been amusing. She did it with Jaime King and a bunch of others. Kudos to them for actually donating for all of them.
10. Lena Dunham did it with her new blonde hairdo in a one-piece bathing suit.
11. Chris Pratt drank “Blue Ice” vodka and a Smirnoff Ice in lieu of drenching himself . . . but he got the ice water at the end anyway. And a lot of it.
12. Here’s Guy Fieri, getting the gel washed out of his hair.
13. Jon Bon Jovi did it in someone’s backyard. Interestingly enough, he challenged Richie Sambora . . . who he’s seemingly been at odds with over the past year and a half.
14. Bret Michaels did it at a show with a ton of fans behind him. He only had a small bucket poured on him . . . perhaps so it wouldn’t dislodge his bandana.
16. Bill Gates looked pretty nerdy in the very elaborate video he made for his challenge. One of the people he nominated was billionaire Elon Musk . . . and he followed through, with an equally nerdy approach.
17. Oprah Winfrey claimed she was ready for the ice . . . but her challenge may have sent her into shock.
18. Steven Spielberg nominated George Lucas and J.J. Abrams.
19. Lance Bass did it on a swing . . . rocking an interesting hairdo.
21. 86-year-old Ethel Kennedy also did it, although she had trouble raising the bucket over her head. She also nominated Obama. Her video is pretty epic . . . it shows a whole SLEW of Kennedys doing it in a line.
However, President Obama is one of the few people to REJECT the ice bucket. The White House released a statement saying, quote, “The President appreciates Mrs. Kennedy thinking of him for the challenge . . .
“Though his contribution to this effort will be monetary. The President will be making a donation to an ALS charity this week.”
22. Florida Georgia Line accepted their challenge in the middle of a concert . . . and here’s Darius Rucker getting his. And while we’re on the country tip, here’s Tim McGraw screaming as he gets the ice.
23. Lil Wayne challenged ALL his fans to do it before getting brisk himself.
24. Demi Lovato got hit with multiple buckets . . . FIVE to be exact. (CAREFUL: She playfully calls her friends the P-word in this video.)
25. And if you missed it last week, here’s Conan O’Brien pretending to misunderstand the challenge . . . and thinking that if he had the ice dumped on him, ALS would pay HIM.
Robin Williams is Going to Be in World of Warcraft . . . And Maybe Even a Zelda Game
ROBIN WILLIAMS was a big video game player, and even named his daughter Zelda after the “Legend of Zelda” games. Well, thanks to an online petition, a character in “World of Warcraft” is going to be named after Robin. And there’s another petition to get him a character in the next “Zelda” game.
Actor ROB SCHNEIDER thinks prescription medication may have led to ROBIN WILLIAMS’ suicide. He Tweeted, quote, “Now that we can talk about it #RobinWilliams was on a drug treating the symptoms of Parkinson’s. One of the side effects is suicide.”
Neil Patrick Harris Is Denying That His Relationship Is in Trouble
NEIL PATRICK HARRIS is denying rumors that his relationship with his fiancé David Burtka is on the rocks.
Over the weekend, Neil posted a photo of David with their twins on Instagram . . . with the caption: Quote, “I couldn’t be more in love with my family. Any reports to the contrary are woefully mistaken. #Grateful.”
The “National Enquirer” reported that Neil and David have ended their engagement after eight years together . . . but apparently, that’s not the case.
“Big Bang Theory” Star Jim Parsons Did Not Get Gay-Engaged
Earlier this month, JIM PARSONS scored a RICH new contract for three more seasons of “The Big Bang Theory” . . . but he isn’t ready to settle down yet.
The “National Enquirer” reported that Jim recently popped the question to his longtime boyfriend Todd Spiewak, and that they’re now gay-engaged. But they apparently jumped the gun.
Because over the weekend, Jim posted a photo of him and Todd on Instagram . . . with the caption, quote, “Me and Todd in 2003. Still very happy today . . . and NOT engaged! #JustFYI #NationalEnquirerMakes[Stuff]Up #Duh.”
Christina Aguilera Has Pushed Another Bundle Out of Her Baby Chute
CHRISTINA AGUILERA has pushed another bundle of joy out of her baby chute. She gave birth to a daughter on Saturday. There’s no word on her name yet.
This is her first child with her fiancé Matt Rutler. She also has a six-year-old son named Max from her previous marriage to Jordan Bratman.
A few days ago, Christina posted a photo on Instagram of her holding some headphones up to her giant belly . . . with the caption: Quote, “Baby girl getting [a] first listen to what mama’s been creating in the studio.”
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Here we go again: JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ are apparently back together. They went to Bible study together last week, and Justin posted a picture of Selena kissing him while he held her in his arms.
It was captioned, “Right now everything else is a blur.” He later deleted it.
2. REESE WITHERSPOON can make a one-piece look as sexy as a bikini.
3. SYLVESTER STALLONE’S mom JACKIE may be crazy . . . and her face is a nightmare of misguided plastic surgery . . . but she’s still pretty bad-ass. Check out this gallery of her working out in the gym. She’s 92.
4. When LADY GAGA goes clubbing in Tokyo, she wears face paint and a weird, metal clamshell frame.
And here’s Gaga made up to look like Amy Winehouse.
5. LENA DUNHAM has gone blonde.
6. Last week, JESSICA ALBA’s skirt blew up and we THOUGHT she was able to push it down without having a wardrobe malfunction. But it turns out we just weren’t looking at it from the right angle.
7. Pregnant SCARLETT JOHANSSON and her fiancé went out for some ice cream.
8. “Sexy” Video: KATY PERRY decided that you wanted to see her get her nose pierced.
9. Before he made it, “Guardians of the Galaxy” star CHRIS PRATT was homeless in Maui. On Friday, he posted a picture of the Scooby-Doo van he used to LIVE in.
10. TARA REID’s plastic surgery nightmare seems to be mostly over. She actually looks pretty decent in a bikini.
11. DEMI MOORE gave RUMER WILLIS a gun-shaped birthday cake.
Justin Timberlake Called Madonna His “Ninja” . . . And Got Blasted on Twitter
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE Tweeted a birthday message to MADONNA, where he called her, quote, “my mother chucking ninja” . . . and got BLASTED for it, because “ninja” is viewed as a replacement for the N-word. He ended up taking it down.
“The Expendables 3″ Didn’t Crack the Top 3 at the Box Office
“The Expendables 3″ bombed at the box office, bringing in just $16.2 million in 4th place. That’s the worst opening for any of the “Expendables” movies. The first one made nearly $35 million in 2010 . . . and the sequel made $28.6 million in 2012.
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” came in #1 for a second week, earning another $28.4 million. “Let’s Be Cops” debuted in 3rd place with $26.1 million . . . and “The Giver” made $12.8 million in 5th place.
Here are this week’s Top 10 movies:
1. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”, $28.4 million. Up to $118 million in its 2nd week.
2. “Guardians of the Galaxy”, $24.7 million. Up to $222 million in its 3rd week.
3. NEW: “Let’s Be Cops”, $17.7 million. Up to $26.1 million since Wednesday.
4. NEW: “The Expendables 3″, $16.2 million.
5. NEW: “The Giver”, $12.8 million.
6. “Into The Storm”, $7.7 million. Up to $31.3 million in its 2nd week.
7. “The Hundred-Foot Journey”, $7.1 million. Up to $23.6 million in its 2nd week.
8. “Lucy”, $5.3 million. Up to $108 million in its 4th week.
9. “Step Up All In”, $2.7 million. Up to $11.8 million in its 2nd week.
10. “Boyhood, $2.2 million. Up to $13.8 million in its 6th week of limited release.
Monday TV Reminders:
• “Running Wild with Bear Grylls” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC. Tom Arnold explores Oregon’s ocean-side cliffs, watches Bear catch a fish with his bare hands, and acts TERRIFIED as he crosses a river using a downed log.
• The third season finale of “Switched at Birth” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC Family.
• “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on the CW. Comedian Jeff Davies guest stars.
• The third season premiere of “Dallas” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TNT.
• The 21st season premiere of “America’s Next Top Model” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on the CW.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” – Bill Cosby, Royksopp & Robyn, and golfers Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy.
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” – Kate McKinnon, Pete Rose, and Betty Who. (Repeat)
• “Letterman” – Bruce Willis, and the Gaslight Anthem.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Rosario Dawson, Eric McCormack, and Self. (Repeat)
• “Carson Daly” – Bret McKenzie, Jenny O, and Michael Malice. (Repeat)
• “Conan” – Josh Groban, Nathan Fielder, and Jenny Lewis.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Amanda Peet and “Game of Thrones” stud Kit Harrington. (Repeat)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Sia.
• “Jon Stewart” and “The Colbert Report” are pre-empted for the rest of the week. They’ll return on Tuesday, August 26th.
Five Random Facts For Monday
1. It would be possible to win the U.S. presidential election with just 22% of the popular vote . . . a candidate would just need to win the 39 smallest states and Washington D.C. to have enough electoral votes to win.
2. Of all the U.S. currency in the world, about 80% is in $100 bills . . . for a total of about $1 trillion.
3. America’s oldest ally is . . . Morocco. It became the first nation to recognize the U.S., in December of 1777 . . . and we’ve had an unbroken treaty with them ever since.
4. A group of parrots is called a pandemonium.
5. There’s only one black majority owner of any MLB, NFL, or NBA team . . . and it’s Michael Jordan. He’s the majority owner of the Charlotte Hornets.
A Mom Invented an App That Locks Your Kid’s Phone Until They Call You Back
A mom in Texas just invented an app that GUARANTEES your kid calls you back. It LOCKS their phone until they call you . . . they can only call you back or call 911. It costs $1.99, but it’s only available for Android phones so far.
A Quarter of You Know Someone Who’s Used Saran Wrap or a Ziploc Bag as a Condom
According to a new survey on birth control and contraception, one in four people know someone who’s used saran wrap, a sandwich bag, or latex gloves as a condom. The survey also found at least a few people believe you can’t get pregnant standing up, and that soda works as spermicide.
Can You Sue Someone For Putting Your Photo on Facebook Without Permission? This Guy Did . . . and Won
A guy in Italy just sued his WIFE for posting Facebook photos of their honeymoon without his permission. And believe it or not . . . the court agreed that it was an invasion of his privacy. His wife has to take them down and may even have to pay him damages.
A Drug Mule Is Busted For Breast Implants That Are Really Bags of Cocaine
A 43-year-old woman flying from Colombia to Spain recently was acting suspicious, and when female customs agents patted her down, her breasts were deformed and lumpy. Turns out her implants were actually filled with 3.7 pounds of cocaine, so she was arrested.
PATRICK SWAYZE (1952 – 2009) Fought cancer as bravely as he fought those troublemakers at the Double Deuce.
Andy Samberg is 36. Former “SNL” SUPERSTUD. He co-created the brilliant “Lazy Sunday” skit with Chris Parnell, and he did the even MORE popular “(Male Organ) in a Box” skit with Justin Timberlake. We also learned about the “Golden Rule“ when he collaborated with Timberlake again.
MALCOLM-JAMAL WARNER is 44. SUPER + STAR = SUPERSTAR. Lately he’s been appearing on some episodes of “Community” . . . and on the BET show “Reed Between the Lines”.
Edward Norton is 45. THE star of “The Incredible Hulk”. But he was NOT asked to return for “The Avengers” . . . apparently because he’s difficult to work with. I guess people just don’t like him when he’s angry.
Christian Slater is 45. Over?
Everlast is 45. Everlast rejects groupies because he’s a religious man. It’s sad because they say Everlast needs to wear the baggy pants . . . to fit his massive package inside.
Masta Killa is 46. One of the lesser-known members of the Wu Tang Clan.
Craig Bierko is 50. He was Jeffrey Coho on “Boston Legal” and Max Baer in “Cinderella Man”. He also plays Wolverine in “Superhero Movie”.
Rebecca Bardoux – 50 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 262 fine films, including: “Beaver & Buttface”, “Dun-Hur”, “I Love Juicy”, “Few Good Rears” and “The Bootieguard”.)
Bob Woodruff is 53. ABC journalist nearly killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq.
Madeleine Stowe is 56. Victoria Grayson on “Revenge”.
Denis Leary is 57. Bitter comic who your kids know as Gwen Stacy’s dad in “The Amazing Spider-Man”, and as Diego the sabretooth tiger in those “Ice Age” flicks. Also the creator and star of “Rescue Me”, and he’ll play a washed up rock star in the upcoming FX series “Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll”.
Martin Mull is 71. Deliciously gay Leon on “Roseanne” AND Colonel Mustard in “Clue”.
ROBERT REDFORD is 78. STILL gorgeous.
Roman Polanski is 81.
Related Comedy: (CAREFUL!) . . . Roman Polanski is 81. And even though Polanski is getting up there, he said he “feels like a 13-year-old.”
Rosalynn Carter is 87. Former First Minx. Jimmy Carter gets to nail her. BUT . . . he admits he HAS LUSTED in his heart.
SEXY SHELLEY WINTERS (1920 -2006) She’s the ULTIMATE chubby. And I’m a CHUBBY-CHASER.
Roberto Clemente (1934 – 1972) Original en fuego Major League Baseball player. When he first came to the league the White Devil tried to call him BOB Clemente. He died in a plane crash while trying to deliver supplies to earthquake-stricken Nicaragua.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 14 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 23 days to Grandparents Day
• 24 days to International Literacy Day
• 27 days to September 11th
• 35 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 889 days left of “Hope and Change”
155 years ago . . . In 1859, the Crazy French stuntman THE GREAT BLONDIN crossed Niagara Falls on a tightrope, carrying another man on his shoulders.
120 years ago . . . In 1894, Congress established “LA MIGRA”! (The Bureau of Immigration)
94 years ago . . . In 1920, Tennessee became the 36th state to ratify the 19th AMENDMENT, which guaranteed the right of all American women to take a very short break from making sandwiches to go vote.
52 years ago . . . In 1962, RINGO STARR washed the grease from his hair, said good-bye to Rory Storme’s Hurricanes, and SIGNED ON WITH THE BEATLES. Ringo is HUGE in Japan, ya know.
52 years ago . . . In 1962, PETER, PAUL & MARY’S “IF I HAD A HAMMER” WAS RELEASED!
41 years ago . . . In 1973, THE DOOBIE BROTHERS’ “CHINA GROVE” WAS RELEASED! FYI: A “Doobie” is a fun way to refer to a “marijuana cigarette”.
37 years ago . . . In 1977, eighteen white limousines and a white hearse drove through the streets of Memphis, Tennessee, to take ELVIS to his not-so-final resting place. The number of flowers delivered by FTD to Graceland surpassed the number for any other event in the company’s history.
28 years ago . . . In 1986, BON JOVI RELEASED “SLIPPERY WHEN WET”!
22 years ago . . . In 1992, Nirvana’s KURT COBAIN and Hole’s COURTNEY LOVE became parents to Frances Bean.
(Kurt Cobain was NOT a tortured musician . . . he was a SELFISH A-HOLE for leaving his little girl all alone . . . with Courtney Love! SCREW HIM!)
22 years ago . . . In 1992, Boston Celtics honky superstar LARRY BIRD announced his retirement. In his 13 seasons he was MVP three times, played in 12 All-Star Games and hit double figures in points, rebounds and assists 69 honky times. And he did all that WITHOUT getting AIDS!
Nine years ago . . . In 2005, BTK killer DENNIS RADER was sentenced to 10 consecutive life sentences.