Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
Did Dominic Monaghan Send Nasty Texts to a Woman Who Wouldn’t Sleep With Him?
DOMINIC MONAGHAN from “Lost” and the “Lord of the Rings” movies allegedly sent nasty and insulting text messages to a woman who wouldn’t sleep with him. The worst one has him telling her, quote, “You appear riddled with herpes n smell odd. I couldn’t invite you to one of my three houses. I’d be nervous you would steal [stuff].” When reached for comment, he said SHE’S the one who’s been harassing HIM.
Did You Know These Celebrities Were Abercrombie and Fitch Models?
“People” magazine has a gallery of celebrities who modeled for Abercrombie and Fitch before they were famous. They are:
Gia Allemand from “The Bachelor” Is Dead from an Apparent Suicide
GIA ALLEMAND . . . a Top 3 finisher on Season 14 of “The Bachelor” . . . is dead of an apparent suicide. She was only 29 years old. TMZ says her boyfriend RYAN ANDERSON of the NBA’s New Orleans Pelicans found her hanging and unconscious in her New Orleans home on Monday. She’d been on life support, but she was too far gone, so it was shut off yesterday.
Why, God, Why? Tanning Mom Has Another Song
“Tanning Mom” PATRICIA KRENTCIL has released another single, and it’s just as bad as the first. She used the same collaborator . . . a guy who’s also working on a single called “Weinerizer” with SYDNEY LEATHERS.
Did David Arquette Get Kicked Off a Movie for Drinking?
DAVID ARQUETTE was reportedly fired from a movie called “Something About Her” . . . because he’s DRINKING again.
The official reason given for his departure was “creative differences”, but sources say he showed up one day not fit to work and, quote, “The director had no choice but to fire him on the spot. Everyone on the set was pissed and disappointed.”
David was replaced by ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL.
Just How Many People Did Lindsay Lohan Drive From Rehab?
CHAKA KHAN may not be the only person LINDSAY LOHAN drove out of the Cliffside rehab facility. So-called “sources” say five more women and one man also cut out because they couldn’t deal with her.
One source says, quote, “Lindsay mostly clashed with the girls in the rehab because she always needed so much attention and acted like a spoiled brat . . . They just couldn’t take her [crap].”
“Duck Dynasty’s” Willie Robertson Is Too Busy to Run for Congress
There’s apparently been some talk about WILLIE ROBERTSON from “Duck Dynasty” running for Congress . . . but that probably won’t happen, because he doesn’t have time for it.
He tells “Us” magazine, quote, “I’ve been asked about it . . . must be the bandana with the American flag, [but] I don’t see a lot of guys wearing bandanas on the floor of the House.
Jimmy Fallon Says He Hopes He Makes Jay Leno Proud
JIMMY FALLON was on the “Today” show yesterday, and he talked about how there’s been no drama between him and JAY LENO. In fact, he said Jay has been, quote, “awesome” to him.
Jimmy added, quote, “It’s a little nerve-wracking but exciting to step into his shoes. He kept the franchise going for a long time, and I hope I make him proud.” (There’s video on the “Today” show website.)
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “Monday Night Pre-Season Football” . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on ESPN. The Chicago Bears host the San Diego Chargers at Soldier Field in Chicago.
• “Hollywood Game Night” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. This week’s six celebrity stars are Kristin Chenoweth, Felicity Huffman, Dominic Monaghan, Aubrey Plaza, Molly Shannon and Wilmer Valderrama.
• “Pop Innovators” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on E! Apple’s Steve Jobs is profiled.
• “Owner’s Manual” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on AMC. “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’s” Ed Sanders and “Hammer Heads'” Marcus Hunt operate high-tech machinery. They’re sort of an odd couple pairing, since only one works by the book and the other relies heavily on his instincts.
• “Wedding Island” [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TLC.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Oprah guests.
• “Polyamory: Married & Dating” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Showtime.
• “The Pitch” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 11:00 P.M. to Midnight on AMC.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Mathematicians Danica McKellar and Jordan Ellenberg. Music Guests: Jimmy Buffett and Luke Bryan.
• “Good Morning America” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• “CBS This Morning” – Forest Whitaker (“Lee Daniels’ The Butler”).
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Harrison Ford (“Paranoia”). “Extra’s” Maria Menounos co-hosts with Michael.
• “The View” – “Community’s” Jim Rash (“The Writers’ Room”) and rapper T.I. Music Guest: Emblem3. Ana Navarro co-hosts. (REPEAT)
• “Rachael Ray” – Chefs Jacques Pépin, David Burke and Lidia Bastianich give interior designer Nate Berkus cooking lessons. (REPEAT)
• “Kris” – Khloe Kardashian co-hosts. The guests are the cast of OWN’s “Golden Sisters”, plus authors Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune (“The Naked Brewer: Fearless Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Rule-breaking Recipes”).
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Gwyneth Paltrow (“Iron Man 3″). Music Guest: Will.I.Am. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Eric McCormack (“Perception”), and green-living expert Danny Seo.
• “Katie Couric” – Tony Goldwyn (“Scandal”). (REPEAT)
• “Steve Harvey” – “Steve’s Surprise Proposal & Reunion for a Deserving Mom”. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Phil” – Dr. Phil reunites the parents of 10 children for the first time since the husband’s infidelity tore the family apart. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – How to boost your immunity, plus tips for preventing cancer and fast fixes for health problems. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Brandi Glanville (“Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”),plus “Wendy’s Next Great Voice” singing competition. (REPEAT)
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Jim Parsons (“The Big Bang Theory”) and the “Top Ten List” presented by Barry Sanders. Music Guest: Snoop Lion. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Melanie Griffith (“Dark Tourist”) and Ashton Kutcher (“Jobs”). Music Guest: Big Sean.
• “The Tonight Show” – Sandra Bullock (“The Heat”) and Bob Saget (“How I Met Your Mother”). Music Guest: Il Volo. (REPEAT)
• “Craig Ferguson” – Stephen Fry (“QI”). (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Abigail Breslin (“The Call”) and Steve Carell (“The Incredible Burt Wonderstone”). Music Guest: Justin Timberlake. (REPEAT)
• “Carson Daly” – Andy Dick (“Dancing with the Stars”). Music Guests: The bands Faye and The Men. (REPEAT)
• “Conan” – Harrison Ford (“Paranoia”) and Donald Faison (“Kick-Ass 2″), and comedian Kurt Braunohler.
• “Jon Stewart” – Simon Pegg (“The World’s End”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Duke University President Richard Brodhead.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Diane Kruger (“The Bridge”).
People Who Have Sex at Least Four Times a Week Make More Money?
According to a very important new study, people who have sex at least FOUR TIMES a week earn MORE MONEY than people who get-it-on less often. The researchers believe it’s because people who have more sex are HAPPIER, and that happiness translates to self-esteem, confidence, and success.
Would You Keep Working If You Won the Lottery?
If you won the lottery, would you head back to your job the next day? According to a new poll, 44% of people say if they won a $10 million lottery jackpot they’d STILL go back to their job. 35% would quit.
The Average Dad Has Two Kids, Drives a Ford, Goes to Sleep Before 11, and Embarrasses His Kids in Public Five Times a Month
According to a new survey, the AVERAGE DAD has two kids, makes about $45,000 a year, goes to bed before 11, drives a Ford, makes 10 “dad jokes” a week, and embarrasses his kids in public five times a month.
The average dad . . .
Has two kids.
Became a dad when he was 28.
Makes about $45,000 a year.
Gets home from work at 5:53, is watching TV by 7:47, and is in bed by 10:15.
Drives a Ford . . . and puts 46 miles a week on it driving the kids around.
Has two arguments with the kids every week.
Makes 10 “dad jokes” a week.
And embarrasses his kids in public five times a month. (Daily Mail)
The Top 10 Jobs Kids Want When They Grow Up, Including Doctor, Athlete, and Actor
A new survey asked kids between two and 12 what they wanted to be when they grew up. The top five answers were: Doctor, athlete, teacher, dancer, and police officer. Astronaut and lawyer didn’t make the top 10. And believe it or not, boys were more likely to want to be dancers than girls.
28% of Women Would Date a Guy Who’s Ugly But Funny . . . 36% Wouldn’t
It’s an age-old question about dating: Women SAY a sense of humor matters, but if that great sense of humor is coming out of a guy who looks like an acne-covered gargoyle, is he still datable
According to a new survey, 28% of women say YES . . . they’d date a guy if he was funny, even if he wasn’t good looking. 36% of women say no, you have to be funny AND handsome. (FemaleFirst)
Men Are Almost Three Times More Likely to Drive Drunk Than Women
We’ve got some new stats today on DRINKING AND DRIVING. And they’re a really good reminder that even though texting and driving gets all the press, drinking and driving is still happening a LOT and is still INCREDIBLY dangerous.
27% of men admit to driving drunk, and so do 10% of women. Men are also 11 times more likely than women to think they’re okay to drive after three drinks.
Of the people who admit to driving drunk, most of them say they only did it once or twice . . . but 5% say they do it occasionally, and 2% do it REGULARLY. (Daily Mail)
There’s a Secret Posture to Always Get What You Want . . . the Kindly Brontosaurus
There’s a SECRET POSTURE that supposedly helps you get whatever you want . . . it’s called the “KINDLY BRONTOSAURUS.” Stand off to the side in someone’s peripheral vision . . . lean forward a little . . . clasp your hands in front of you . . . smile . . . and never stop looking at their face. Eventually they’ll help you because you look friendly and respectful . . . and SUPER ANNOYING.
Half of Americans Say Chocolate or Vanilla Is Their Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
According to a new poll, HALF of Americans say their favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate or vanilla. Those two beat out cookie dough, cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip, butter pecan, and strawberry. 2% of Americans say they DON’T EAT ice cream.
The Top Ten Cities in America for Coffee
According to a new survey, Seattle is still the best city in America to order a cup of coffee. Portland, Oregon is second, followed by New Orleans . . . Providence, Rhode Island . . . and San Francisco.
2. Portland, Oregon
3. New Orleans
4. Providence, Rhode Island
5. San Francisco
6. San Juan, Puerto Rico (Which is a U.S. territory.)
7. Minneapolis/St. Paul
8. Portland, Maine
9. New York
10. San Diego
Chief Keef – 18
JENNIFER LAWRENCE – 23 (Oscar winner for “Silver Linings Playbook” . . . and yet most people will forever know her as Katniss Everdeen, the bow wielding hero of “The Hunger Games” movies.)
Joe Jonas – 24 (THE JONAS BROTHERS!)
Carlos Pena Jr. – 24 (Big Time Rush. They’re sort of like Nickelodeon’s poor man’s version of the Jonas Brothers. Trust me, young kids will know who they are.)
Natasha Henstridge – 39 (Minx that Matthew Perry got to nail in “The Whole Nine Yards” and “The Whole Ten Yards”. She was also the alien in the “Species” movies and has had a couple of TV gigs, including “She Spies” and “Eli Stone”.)
Ben Affleck – 41 (He impregnates Jennifer Garner, and he OWNED the part of “Basketball Player #10″ in the original “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” movie back in 1992!)
Anthony Anderson – 43 (Former chubby “Law & Order” actor. You’d also know him from movies like “Hustle & Flow”, “Kangaroo Jack” and “Barbershop”.)
(Anthony was also in “Scary Movie 3 and 4″.)
Debra Messing – 45 (“Will & Grace”)
Tom Colicchio – 51 (The beautiful bald judge on “Top Chef”.)
Pat Priest – 77 (Blonde minx who played Marilyn Munster on “The Munsters”.)
Jim Lange – 80 (“The Dating Game” host for 15 years.)
Mike Connors – 88 (Joe Mannix on “Mannix”.)
Rose Marie – 90 (Sexy Sally Rogers on “The Dick Van Dyke Show”.)
Julia Child – Would have been 101 – (1912 – 2004)
Bobby Helms – (1933 – 1997) (“Jingle Bell Rock” singer.)
Napoleon Bonaparte – (1769 – 1821) (One testicle.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 15 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 24 days until Grandparents Day
• 35 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 62 days until Boss’s Day
• 77 days until Halloween
• 1,254 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day…
165 years ago . . . in 1848 – M. Waldo Hanchett, of Syracuse, New York, patented the DENTAL CHAIR.
136 years ago . . . in 1877 – THOMAS EDISON wrote a letter to the president of the Telegraph Company telling him that when answering the telephone, the word “HELLO” would be more appropriate than Alexander Graham Bell’s suggestion of . . . “AHOY”.
74 years ago . . . in 1939 – “The Wizard of Oz” premiered at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
48 years ago . . . in 1965 – MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and about 56,000 other people packed Shea Stadium for a BEATLES concert . . . which was, at that time, the largest single crowd to attend a rock ‘n roll show.
(The Beatles’ set was a standard 35 MINUTES LONG . . . but it didn’t matter because the music was drowned out by the screams of randy pubescent teeny-boppers.)
44 years ago . . . in 1969 – The WOODSTOCK MUSIC AND ART FAIR opened for three groovy days at Max Yasgur’s farm in Bethel, New York. Over 400,000 people peacefully attended.
THINGS THAT ROCKED: Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Sly & the Family Stone, The Who, the Grateful Dead, Joan Baez, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, Mountain, CANNED HEAT, Crosby, Stills Nash & Young, Jefferson Airplane and two births.
THINGS THAT SUCKED: Rampant drug use, heavy rains, not enough food and sanitation, three deaths and four miscarriages.
34 years ago . . . in 1979 – The movie that Charlie Sheen seems to think is actually REAL, “Apocalypse Now”,was released . . . starring MARTIN SHEEN, MARLON BRANDO and ROBERT DUVALL. (Robert Duvall delivered the movie’s most famous line. Here’s his “I love the smell of napalm in the morning!” scene.)
18 years ago . . . in 1995 – VINCE NEIL’S four-year-old daughter, Skylar, died of multiple organ failure. He created the Skylar Neil Foundation in her honor and sponsors an annual golf tournament to raise money for cancer. (You can read more about Skylar here.)
17 years ago . . . in 1996 – A women’s shelter on Long Island, New York, refused to accept money from a benefit concert featuring JAMES BROWN. It seems Brother James’ wife had accused him of physically abusing her in the past.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 – One year after “Kazaam”, SHAQUILLE O’NEAL returned to the big screen with the release of “Steel” . . . and the two people who saw it COULDN’T UNDERSTAND A WORD.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 – 23-year-old TIGER WOODS won the PGA Championship, becoming the youngest player to win two majors since Seve Ballesteros in 1980.
13 years ago . . . in 2000 – DAVID BOWIE’S beautiful Somalian supermodel of a wife, IMAN, gave birth to their beautiful interracial daughter, Alexandria Zahra Jones. (David Bowie’s real name is David Robert Jones.)