Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
William and Kate Debuted the Royal Baby . . . But He Still Doesn’t Have a Name
PRINCE WILLIAM and his wife KATE debuted their new baby yesterday on the steps of St. Mary’s Hospital in London. William told reporters, quote, “We are still working on a name, so we will have that as soon as we can. But it’s the first time we’ve seen him really.” Asked which parent the child resembles, William said, quote, “He’s got her looks, thankfully.”
Justin Bieber Has Wanted Selena Gomez Since He Was 15
JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ may be off-again, but maybe they’ll get back together. Because Justin’s been lusting after her for a pretty long time.
TMZ drummed up a radio interview Justin did about four years ago, when he was 15. The host asked him who he has a crush on, and he named Selena.
This was two years before Justin and Selena got together . . . and Selena was dating NICK JONAS at the time.
Demi Lovato Prefers Ethnic Bad Boys to Guys Like Ryan Gosling and Channing Tatum
DEMI LOVATO isn’t attracted to either RYAN GOSLING or CHANNING TATUM. She says they’re gorgeous, but not her type. As for what she’s into, she says, quote, “I go for the bad-boy kinda thing, an edge. I’m not into muscle-heads. I’m into tattoos or ethnic guys or whatever.”
Finally!!! Amanda Bynes is on Involuntary Psychiatric Hold
AMANDA BYNES was placed on involuntary psychiatric hold Monday night, after starting a fire in a woman’s driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. Police showed up and determined that Amanda needed to be locked up, at least temporarily. Meanwhile, sources say her parents are thinking about seeking a conservatorship.
Should Aaron Rodgers Have to Give Up His Entire 2013 Salary Because of Ryan Braun’s Suspension?
Back in February, Green Bay Packers quarterback AARON RODGERS was asked if he believed that Milwaukee Brewer RYAN BRAUN was clean. He replied, quote, “Ya, I’d put my salary next year on it.” We all know better than that now.
A Town Tries to Block Snooki and Her Family from Filming There . . . And Snooki Tells Them They Need to “Grow Up”
A New Jersey town tried to block SNOOKI from filming the next season of “Snooki & JWoww” in their community . . . and Snooki responded with an angry post on Instagram. She said, quote, “Grow up, get over yourself and move on. This is not how we should be treating one another.”
The “MLB All Star Game” Was #3 . . . Plus Ratings for the Season Premieres of “Honey Boo Boo”, “Suits”, and “Covert Affairs”
“America’s Got Talent” narrowly edged out Stephen King’s “Under the Dome” for the top spot in the ratings, with 11.2 million viewers. Baseball’s “All Star Game” came in third with 11 million, and the Disney Channel’s “Teen Beach Movie” was the most watched show on cable with 8.4 million viewers. Here are last week’s Top 10 shows . . .
1. Wednesday’s “America’s Got Talent”, NBC, 11.2 million viewers
2. “Under the Dome”, CBS, 11.1 million viewers
3. “MLB All Star Game”, Fox, 11 million viewers
4. Tuesday’s “America’s Got Talent”, NBC, 10.1 million viewers
5. “NCIS”, CBS, 8.8 million viewers
6. “Teen Beach Movie”, Disney Channel, 8.4 million viewers
7. “60 Minutes”, CBS, 7.7 million viewers
8. Wednesday’ repeat of “America’s Got Talent”, CBS, 7.6 million viewers
9. “The Big Bang Theory”, CBS, 7.2 million viewers
10. Sunday’s “Big Brother”, CBS, 6.9 million viewers
• The 3rd season premiere of “Suits” attracted 2.9 million viewers for the USA Network.
• The 9th season premiere of “Whose Line Is It Anyway” averaged 2.9 million viewers.
• The 2nd season premiere of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” averaged 2.9 million.
• The 4th season premiere of “Covert Affairs” had 2.4 million viewers.
• ESPN’s “ESPY Awards” was watched by 2.3 million sports fans.
• The 12th season premiere of “Project Runway” returned with 1.7 million viewers.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• “Big Brother 15″ [Power of Veto competition] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on CBS.
• “Chef Roblé & Co” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Bravo. The team prepares a seafood feast for model Chrissy Teigen’s birthday.
• “America’s Got Talent” [Results Show] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. The night starts off with an hour recap of the 12 acts performing at Radio City Music Hall in New York City at 8:00 P.M. if you missed last night’s performance show.
• “Royal Pains”. . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on USA. Perrey Reeves, who you know as Melissa Gold on “Entourage”, guest stars as a diet-cocktail maven.
• “Spell-Mageddon” [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC Family. Alfonso Ribeiro hosts a spelling bee game show where contestants must spell words correctly while facing a variety of distractions.
• “Joe Rogan Questions Everything” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Syfy. Joe Rogan travels the country investigating unexplained mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
• “Top Chef Masters” [5th Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Bravo.
• “Deal With It” . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on TBS. This week guest celebrities are Mel B., and the equally annoying Joan and Melissa Rivers.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Mary Murphy (“So You Think You Can Dance”) and T.I. are guests.
• “The Today Show” – Howie Mandel, chef Giada De Laurentiis, Barry Manilow and songwriter Bruce Sussman.
• “Good Morning America” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• “CBS This Morning” – Sommelier (a.k.a. wine expert) Joshua Wesson and Silver Oak Cellars winery CEO David Duncan.
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Hugh Jackman (“The Wolverine”) and the cast of Broadway’s “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella”.
• “The View” – “Secret Life’s” Shailene Woodley (“The Spectacular Now”) and comedian Tom Papa.
• “Rachael Ray” – Jo Frost (“Family S.O.S. with Jo Frost”), diet expert Dr. Ian Smith, and chef Ryan Scott.
• “Kris” – Garcelle Beauvais (“Necessary Roughness”) co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “The Real” – Shanola Hampton (“Shameless”).
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – “Modern Family’s” Eric Stonestreet (“Identity Thief”). Music Guest: Emeli Sandé. (REPEAT)
• “The Talk” – Larry King, Asiatic minx Chi-Lan Lieu (HGTV’s “Living Abroad”), and pastry chef Duff Goldman.
• “Katie Couric” – Shirley Jones.
• “Steve Harvey” – Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb from the “Today” show, plus Abby Lee Miller from “Dance Moms”.
• “Dr. Phil” – A husband who believes his wife adopted an irresponsible lifestyle after she lost 150 pounds. (REPEAT)
• “Dr. Oz Show” – A five-in-one product to make you look younger instantly . . . plus other top fixes from around the globe. (REPEAT)
• “Wendy Williams” – Brandon T. Jackson (“Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”) and Howie Mandel (“America’s Got Talent” and “Deal With It”).
• “Letterman” – Jason Sudeikis (“We’re the Millers”). Music Guest: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Jeff Bridges (“R.I.P.D.”) and Jeff Lewis (“Property Envy”). Music Guest: Capital Cities. (REPEAT)
• “The Tonight Show” – Jayma Mays (“The Smurfs 2″) and Ashton Kutcher (“Two and a Half Men”). Music Guest: Hiatus Kaiyote.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Teri Polo (ABC Family’s “The Fosters”) and “Dr. Who’s” Matt Smith (who’s the eleventh guy to play the doctor).
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Hugh Jackman (“The Wolverine”) and Natasha Lyonne (Netflix’s “Orange Is the New Black”), and chef Frank Pellegrino Jr.
• “Carson Daly” – Kate Mara (“House of Cards”) and Ben Hoffman (Comedy Central’s “The Ben Show with Ben Hoffman”). Music Guest: A Silent Film. (REPEAT)
• “Conan” – Aaron Paul (“Breaking Bad”) and Nick Frost. Music Guest: Bastille.
• “Jon Stewart” – Shailene Woodley (“The Spectacular Now”).
• “The Colbert Report” – MIT professor and edX founder Anant Agarwal.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Michael B. Jordan (“Fruitvale Station”).
• “Piers Morgan Tonight” – Donny Deutsch guest hosts.
Anthony Weiner Was Busted for Online Sex Chats . . . Again
ANTHONY WEINER has done it again. A website just posted new screenshots of online sex chats he had with random women a year AFTER he resigned from Congress for OTHER inappropriate sex chats. Now Weiner’s running for mayor of New York, so he held a press conference to apologize . . . but he’s staying in the race.
Singing “Happy Birthday” Makes Food Taste Better?
According to a random new study out of the University of Minnesota, singing “Happy Birthday” before you eat cake actually makes it TASTE BETTER. The psychological principle here is that if you pause to THINK about what you’re eating before you eat it, you’ll enjoy it more. The researchers also found that the longer people wait to eat, the more they like the food.
America’s Favorite Ice Cream Flavor in 2013 Proves We’re All Still Disappointingly Boring
We’re really quite boring when it comes to ice cream. In a new survey, Americans picked VANILLA as their favorite ice cream flavor . . . and CHOCOLATE came in second. The rest of the top flavors are butter pecan, coffee, Neapolitan, and rocky road. Hot fudge was voted the most popular topping.
Trader Joe’s Is America’s Favorite Grocery Store . . . Walmart Is Our Least Favorite
HERE’S why Trader Joe’s is always so horribly crowded. According to a new study, Trader Joe’s is America’s favorite grocery store. Publix came in second, and Whole Foods came in third. Walmart was rated America’s most HATED grocery chain.
Should You Worry About Dying at an Amusement Park?
You probably heard about the woman who fell out of a roller coaster in Texas and DIED over the weekend. So . . . should you be worried? No. In 2011, there was one injury for every 1.2 million amusement park riders in the U.S., and only 1,415 injuries total. The official death toll isn’t available, but “USA Today” believes it may’ve just been ONE.
The Nine Worst States for Speeding Tickets
Here are the worst states in the country for speeding tickets: Massachusetts charges more than $300 in court fees to fight a ticket, and it’s non-refundable, even if you win. Vermont and Connecticut have the worst speed traps. And cops in Washington D.C. write the most tickets.
Alabama and Hawaii Are the Most Honest States in the U.S. . . . and Blondes Are the Most Honest People
According to a new, not-totally-scientific study, 92% of Americans are HONEST. People in Alabama and Hawaii are the most honest . . . people in Washington D.C. are least honest. Blondes and people wearing glasses are most honest . . . bald people and men, or women, with five o’clock shadows are least honest.
Bindi Irwin – 15 (Steve “The Crocodile Hunter” Irwin’s daughter who had her own show on the Discovery Kids channel called “Bindi, the Jungle Girl”.)
Daveigh Chase – 23 (The scary little girl who crawls out of the well and RIGHT INTO YOUR LIVING ROOM in “The Ring” and Donnie’s little sister Samantha in “Donnie Darko”.)
Mara Wilson – 26 (Mara was the adorable little girl in “Mrs. Doubtfire” and “Matilda”. Her last movie to date was “Thomas and the Magic Railroad” in 2000. In 2009 she graduated from New York University.) (She was on “Katie” recently. Check out the interview here.)
Teagan Presley – 28 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 151 fine films, including . . . “Teenage Spermaholics 2″, “Weapons of Ass Destruction 3″ and “The Apprentass”.)
Elisabeth Moss – 31 (Peggy Olsen on “Mad Men”.)
Anna Paquin – 31 (Sexiest gap-toothed celebrity since Lauren Hutton . . . but not NEARLY as sexy as Esther Rolle, the mom from “Good Times”!!!) (???)
Summer Glau – 32 (The sexy terminator on “The Sarah Connor Chronicles”.)
Rose Byrne – 34 (“Damages” minx who got all up in Brad Pitt’s fun stuff in “Troy”. She’s also in “28 Weeks Later” and she was Moira MacTaggert . . . a non-mutant CIA agent . . . in “X-Men: First Class”.)
Torrie Wilson – 38 (Former WWE MINX who finished second to Lou Diamond Phillips on “I’m a Celebrity . . . Get Me Out of Here”. Now she’s swapping muscular genitalia with Alex Rodriguez from the New York Yankees.)
Jennifer Lopez – 44 (La Latina muchachita en fuega con las nalgas gigante, caliente y stinky.)
Rick Fox – 44 (Sexy ex-L.A. Laker who used to nail Vanessa Williams anytime he wanted to. Now he nails Eliza Dushku anytime he wants.)
KADEEM HARDISON! – 48 (“A Different World” superstar. He is currently taking a long overdue, and much deserved hiatus from the spotlight, and resting comfortably under the Rock of Obscurity next to Malcolm-Jamal Warner AND Tempestt Bledsoe.)
Barry Bonds – 49 (Steroid abusing cheat.)
Karl Malone – 50 (Former Utah Jazz scoring legend. He’s second all-time for most points in a career, behind true “scoring” legend Wilt Chamberlain.)
(Kareem Abdul-Jabbar actually holds the all-time record with 38,387 points . . . to Malone’s 36,928 points. But if we’re talking WOMEN then that’s Wilt, all the way.)
Pam Tillis – 56 (Country singer; Mel’s daughter.)
Robbie Grey – 56 (Modern English singer.)
Robin Cannes – 56 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 68 fine films, including . . . “Sore Throat”, “Swedish Erotica 46″, “Beaverly Hills Cop”, and “E3 The Extra Testicle”.)
LYNDA CARTER – 62 (“Wonder Woman”.) (You’d STILL hit it . . . and that’s nothing to be ashamed of.)
Michael Richards – 64 (Kramer on “Seinfeld”. Racist in real life.)
Robert Hays – 66 (Ted Striker in “Airplane”.)
Gallagher – 67 (Watermelon-smashing superstar with no money and a bum ticker.)
Chris Sarandon – 71 (Prince Humperdinck in “The Princess Bride”. He used to be married to, and nail, the very sexy Susan Sarandon. He also played the vampire in the original, 1985 version of “Fright Night”.)
RUTH BUZZI! – 77 (SEXY “LAUGH-IN” SUPERSTAR.)
John Aniston – 80 (Jennifer Aniston’s dad. He IS Victor Kiriakis on “Days Of Our Lives”.)
Amelia Earhart – (1897 – 1937) (First woman to fly solo across the Atlantic. She disappeared mysteriously on July 2nd, 1937, during her attempt to fly around the world.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days until “The Wolverine”
• 6 days to a Backstreet Boys disc
• 37 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 57 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 1,276 days left of “Hope and Change”
Back in the day….
34 years ago . . . in 1979 – LITTLE RICHARD, billed as the Reverend Richard Penniman, spoke to a revival meeting in San Francisco about the DANGERS OF ROCK N’ ROLL . . . namely unprotected GAY FOURGIES. (???)
33 years ago . . . in 1980 – The great PETER SELLERS died of a heart attack at the age of 54. (Your kids loved Steve Martin in those new “Pink Panther” movies. When they get a little older, SLAP THEM, then show them the originals.)
31 years ago . . . in 1982 – SURVIVOR’S “Eye of the Tiger”, the theme song from “Rocky 3″, battled valiantly to the #1 spot on the U.S. pop charts.
29 years ago . . . in 1984 – After four Super Bowl titles, TERRY BRADSHAW retired from football to clear the way for a career as a professional clown-ass AND sidekick to ALF.
28 years ago . . . in 1985 – DISNEY released its first non-G-rated cartoon . . . “The Black Cauldron”. It was rated a very scandalous PG. It was a box office failure.
(Disney released one more forgettable PG-rated movie later that same year, called “Return to Oz”, before wisely going back to a G-rating for their animated features.)
26 years ago . . . in 1987 – “La Bamba” was released . . . with SUPERSTAR LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS.
23 years ago . . . in 1990 – At a wrongful death trial against JUDAS PRIEST, parents of some suicidal teenagers accused the band of recording subliminal messages on their “Stained Class” album.
(Judas Priest admitted that backwards messages were recorded on the song “Love Bites” from the disc, “Defenders of the Faith”, but denied the “Stained Class” allegations. A judge eventually cleared them of any responsibility in the deaths.)
20 years ago . . . in 1993 – Three baseball fans were injured outside Dodger Stadium when idiot New York Mets outfielder VINCE COLEMAN threw the equivalent of a QUARTER STICK OF DYNAMITE into the crowd.
15 years ago . . . in 1998 – “Saving Private Ryan” was released. It went on to win FIVE Academy Awards.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 – Young urban love was realized when TREACH from NAUGHTY BY NATURE married PEPA from SALT-N-PEPA. They divorced two years later.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 – PHIL COLLINS married his third wife, the much younger Orianne Cevey. Today would have been their 14th anniversary but they divorced in August of 2008.
(Please Note: In 1994, balding superstar Phil Collins informed his second wife that he was divorcing her . . . VIA FAX.)
8 years ago . . . in 2005 – LANCE ARMSTRONG won his seventh straight Tour de France race before “retiring” from the sport. All of the titles have now been stripped since it turns out he was doping like crazy the entire time.