Your daily dose of Whatever!!
James Garner Has Died
JAMES GARNER passed away at his home in California on Saturday night, at the age of 86. He died of natural causes. He was best known for his starring roles on “The Rockford Files” and “Maverick”, and more recently in the movie “The Notebook”.
The Little Girl from “The Patriot” Has Died at the Age of 21
Former child actress SKYE MCCOLE BARTUSIAK passed away on Saturday at the age of 21. There’s no word on a cause of death . . . but her mother says she’d suffered epileptic seizures since she was a baby.
Adam Levine And Behati Prinsloo Were Married . . . By Jonah Hill
ADAM LEVINE married Victoria’s Secret model BEHATI PRINSLOO Saturday night in Mexico, and JONAH HILL performed the ceremony. Guests included Robert Downey Jr. and Jason Segel . . . plus Maroon 5 members James Valentine and Jesse Carmichael. The reception featured a performance by STEVIE NICKS, who’s mentoring Adam’s team on “The Voice”.
George Clooney Says He’s Marrying Up
GEORGE CLOONEY tells “Variety” that he’s, quote, “marrying up.” Meanwhile, LISA WHELCHEL from “The Facts of Life” says if she’d known how Clooney was going to turn out, she’d have gone after him when they worked together on the show.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
3. LEA MICHELE engaged in a little PDA with her boyfriend, alleged former MAN-WHORE Matthew Paetz.
4. Here’s KHLOE KARDASHIAN and her sister KOURTNEY’S husband SCOTT DISICK clowning around in a bubble bath.
5. ZAC EFRON appears on next week’s series premiere of “Running Wild with Bear Grylls” on NBC. Shirtless, of course. (Scroll down for video of them climbing down a cliff.)
6. (NC-17) LADY GAGA Instagrammed a nip-slip selfie. Believe it or not, this one appears to have really been an accident, because she deleted it from her page.
7. Sexy Video: JUSTIN BIEBER jumped off a boulder into some water . . . but it doesn’t look like he landed well.
8. LEONARDO DICAPRIO is carrying a little extra around his middle.
9. Check out TERRENCE HOWARD’S groovy flower hat.
10. Don’t complain that we don’t see JAIME PRESSLY in a bikini enough. Just be thankful when we get pictures like these.
11. Here’s your latest update on RACHEL BILSON’S baby bump.
12. And your A-HOLE OF THE DAY is KYLIE JENNER . . . for taking an Instagram video while driving.
Casey Kasem’s Kids Don’t Know Where His Body Is
A month after CASEY KASEM’S death, the battle between his widow JEAN and his kids from his first marriage rages on.
The kids now say Jean removed Casey’s body from a Washington state funeral home, and they don’t know where it is. If Jean did remove the body, she did it in defiance of the law.
Earlier in the week Casey’s kids went to court to request an autopsy. The judge ordered Jean to keep the body in cold storage at the funeral home until that request could be ruled on.
Shakira’s Facebook Page Has More Than 100 Million Likes
Shakira posted a video thanking her fans for the love.
Rory McIlroy’s Dad Won $171,000 on a Bet He Made 10 Years Ago That His Son Would Win the British Open By Age 26
RORY MCILROY won the British Open for the first time this weekend, and that came with a $1.66 million purse. That’s winnings, not an actual handbag. (???)
Rory’s father also cashed in. That’s because 10 years ago, when Rory was 15, he bet about $350 that Rory would win the British Open before he was 26 . . . which Rory will turn next May.
There are some conflicting reports on what Rory’s father’s got for winning the bet, but it sounds like he got roughly $171,000. A few of his dad’s friends also collected on similar bets. (You can find more on this story, here.)
“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” Held Onto the #1 Spot at the Box Office
“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” made another $36 million this weekend, which was more than any of the new releases. Its closest competition was from the “Purge” sequel, which made $28.4 million in 2nd place. (The original “Purge” with ETHAN HAWKE made just over $34 million when it came out last year.)
As for the other movies opening this weekend, “Planes: Fire & Rescue” made $18 million at #3 . . . and the JASON SEGEL–CAMERON DIAZ comedy “Sex Tape” was kind of a letdown, bringing in just $15 million in 4th place.
Here are this week’s Top 10 movies:
1. “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”, $36 million. Up to $139 million in its 2nd week.
2. NEW: “The Purge: Anarchy”, $28.4 million.
3. NEW: “Planes: Fire & Rescue”, $18 million.
4. NEW: “Sex Tape”, $15 million.
5. “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, $10 million. Up to $227 million in its 4th week.
6. “Tammy”, $7.6 million. Up to $71.3 million in its 3rd week.
7. “22 Jump Street”, $4.7 million. Up to $181 million in its 6th week.
8. “How to Train Your Dragon 2″, $3.8 million. Up to $161 million in its 6th week.
9. “Maleficent”, $3.3 million. Up to $228 million in its 8th week.
10. “Earth to Echo”, $3.26 million. Up to $32 million in its 3rd week.
Possible “Star Wars 7″ Spoilers
A website dropped some potential SPOILERS about “Star Wars 7″. It starts with some people finding Luke Skywalker’s severed hand and light saber. Then they go to Han Solo and Chewbacca for help finding him. Also, there’s an evil force building a super weapon that could destroy entire solar systems.
Monday TV Reminders:
• “The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All” . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. The 16 rejected bachelors talk about their experiences with Andi and you’ll get a sneak peek at the upcoming season finale.
• “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” . . . from 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on the CW. Kunal Nayar and Brad Sherwood are the guests.
• The second season premiere of “Hotel Hell” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” – Kate Hudson, Ellar Coltrane, and Nico & Vinz.
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” – Zach Braff, Jack Antonoff, and Bleachers.
• “Letterman” – Jeff Daniels, and a performance of “MacArthur Park” featuring Jimmy Webb.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – The cast of “Guardians of the Galaxy” . . . Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, and Bradley Cooper.
• “Carson Daly” – “Amazing Spider-Man” director Marc Webb and The Colourist. (Repeat)
• “Conan” – Carl Reiner, Angela Kinsey, and Reggie Watts.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Octavia Spencer and Brad Goreski.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Dean Norris from “Under the Dome”.
• “Jon Stewart” – Al Jazeera correspondent Sue Turton.
• “The Colbert Report” – Nancy Pelosi.
Two Malaysia Airlines Coincidences: A Woman Who Had Relatives in Both Tragedies . . . and a Guy Who Was Supposed to Be on Both Flights
Two incredible coincidences have come out of the Malaysia Airlines disasters. A woman in Australia lost her brother and sister-in-law on the flight that disappeared in March . . . and lost her stepdaughter on the flight that was shot down last week. And a guy from the Netherlands was supposed to be on BOTH flights, but changed his tickets both times.
Five Random Facts For Monday
Here are a few random facts for you. “Ping pong” is trademarked by Parker Brothers . . . the generic term is “table tennis.” Huey Lewis got a perfect score on the math section of the SATs. And Al Green’s “Take Me to the River” made its biggest chunk of royalties from the Big Mouth Billy Bass electronic fish.
1. “Ping pong” is actually trademarked by Parker Brothers. The generic term you’re supposed to use for the game is table tennis.
2. Huey Lewis got a perfect score on the math section of the SATs.
3. Limping on purpose was a popular trend in the mid 1800s in the U.K. The princess of Wales had rheumatic fever that gave her a limp, and because she was a huge fashion icon and trendsetter, other women started limping too.
4. Al Green’s “Take Me to the River” was a big hit . . . but it made its biggest chunk of royalties from being the song that’s sung by the Big Mouth Billy Bass electronic fish.
5. A fear of the number 666 is called hexa-kosioi-hex-ekonta-hexa-phobia. Ronald Reagan had it.
A Guy Sent His Wife a Spreadsheet With All the Reasons She’d Turned Him Down For Sex
A 26-year-old recently posted a spreadsheet online that her husband made her, listing all the excuses she’d used to turn him down for sex in the past month. Some of them are funny . . . like her wanting to watch an episode of “Friends” instead of sex . . . but clearly it shows some serious marital issues.
Husbands Make More Secret Purchases Than Wives . . . Plus the Top Five Secret Things We Buy
A new survey found husbands are more likely than wives to secretly buy things. The top things people spend money on without telling their significant other are nights out and clothes, hair, and beauty products.
You Can Buy the Longest Ancient Poop Ever Found, For Just $10,000
One of the longest pieces of poop in history is going to be auctioned off on Saturday. It’s ancient, fossilized, and 40 inches long. It could be up to 33 million years old . . . and no one’s quite sure what animal it came from. It’s expected to sell for $8,000 to $10,000.
Two Harvard Students Invented the World’s First Cake Batter Spray Can
Two students at Harvard just invented the world’s first cake batter in a spray can. Instead of making your own, you just spray the batter into a pan. It cooks faster, has a more consistent flavor, and has fewer chemicals than regular cake mix. They’ve patented it, and now they’re working on finding a manufacturer.
Juno Temple is 25. She’s the fairy Thistletwit in “Maleficent”, and plays Sally in the upcoming “Sin City” sequel “A Dame to Die For”.
Rory Culkin is 25. Macaulay’s more-talented younger brother. He was Mel Gibson’s son in “Signs”, and Michael Douglas’ youngest son in “It Runs in the Family”.
Vanessa Lengies is 29. Sugar Motta on “Glee”.
Josh Hartnett is 36. Hairless star of “Pearl Harbor”, “Black Hawk Down”, “Sin City”, “Lucky Number Slevin” AND “40 Days and 40 Nights”. Now he plays Ethan on the Showtime’s “Penny Dreadful”.
Damian “Junior Gong” Marley is 36. Bob Marley’s youngest son.
Justin Bartha is 36. Doug in the “Hangover” movies . . . Riley, Nicolas Cage’s sidekick, in the “National Treasure” films . . . and, of course, Brian, the “slow” kid in the cinematic masterpiece known as “Gigli”!
Ali Landry is 41. Miss USA 1996 and the harlot from the old Doritos commercials.
She kicked her cheating Latino husband Mario Lopez to the curb just TWO WEEKS after their April 24th, 2004, wedding . . . after she found out he’d cheated on her at his bachelor party . . . on April 23rd, 2004.
Charlotte Gainsbourg is 43. One word: “Nyphomaniac”.
Emerson Hart is 45. Lead singer from Tonic.
Mattress actress Racquel Darrian is 46. She’s starred in 100 fine films, including “Cheeks 3″, “Hershe Highway 3″, AND “Welcum to My Face”!
Brandi Chastain is 46. Became famous when she ripped off her shirt, exposing her sports bra, after scoring the winning goal in the 1999 women’s soccer World Cup.
Lance Guest is 54. “The Last Starfighter” and the cinematic masterpiece that was “Jaws: The Revenge”.
Jon Lovitz is 57. (He whooped Andy Dick’s ass for re-introducing Phil Hartman’s wife to cocaine . . . which turned her into a crazed maniac who went on to murder her brilliant husband AND her insane self.)
Robin Williams is 63.
The Artist Formerly Known as Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) is 66. Joe Satriani stole from him . . . then Coldplay stole from Joe Satriani. Or something like that.
Garry Trudeau is 66. “Doonesbury” cartoonist who once offered $10,000 if anyone could prove that George W. Bush had fulfilled his military duties in the ’70s.
Kenneth Starr is 68. He’s #1 on Billy Clinton’s Christmas card list.
Janet Reno is 76 and a GODDESS.
DON KNOTTS (1924 – 2006) LEGEND. (He and Andy Griffith were recently reunited. Unless you believe in reincarnation. Then they might not even be in the same hemisphere.) (???)
Ernest Hemingway (1899 – 1961) Once, this legendary author was issued a challenge: Write a story that is only SIX WORDS LONG. And Hemingway responded with this story: “For sale: baby shoes, never used.”
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 7 days to World Hepatitis Day
• 11 days to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 17 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 39 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 49 days to International Literacy Day
• 914 days left of “Hope and Change”
153 years ago . . . In 1861, Confederate troops defeated the Yankees at the BATTLE OF BULL RUN CREEK . . . the first major battle of the Civil War. Sixty thousand men fought for 10 hours while many of the pompous rich folk, dressed in their finest, came to PICNIC and watch the battle!
141 years ago . . . In 1873, JESSE JAMES held up the Rock Island Express near Adair, Iowa, in his FIRST TRAIN ROBBERY. Only $6,000 was reported lost, but it was more like $65,000. The train company didn’t want the public to know they carried that much money.
89 years ago . . . In 1925, The “MONKEY TRIAL” ended in Dayton, Tennessee, with school teacher JOHN T. SCOPES being found guilty and fined $100 for teaching DARWIN’S THEORY OF EVOLUTION. The conviction was later overturned.
60 years ago . . . In 1954, “Surprisingly”, France surrendered North Vietnam to the Communists.
53 years ago . . . In 1961, CAPTAIN VIRGIL “GUS” GRISSOM became the second American to rocket into a sub-orbital pattern around Earth, flying aboard the Liberty Bell Seven.
45 years ago . . . In 1969, NEIL ARMSTRONG and EDWIN “BUZZ” ALDRIN blasted off from the moon after 21-and-a-half hours on the surface.
42 years ago . . . In 1972, GEORGE CARLIN was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and profanity at Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, for “using indecent language in front of wheelchair-bound children.” (One of the many reasons we loved him.)
39 years ago . . . In 1975, WILLIE NELSON made his debut on the album charts with “Red Headed Stranger”, which contained the hit, “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain”.
34 years ago . . . In 1980, DRAFT REGISTRATION began in the U.S. for 19- and 20-year-old men.
15 years ago . . . In 1999, Navy divers found the bodies of shirtless rollerblader and amateur pilot JOHN F. KENNEDY JR., his wife, CAROLYN, and sister-in-law, LAUREN BESSETTE, in the wreckage of John-John’s plane in the Atlantic Ocean off Martha’s Vineyard. Have a nice day.