Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Naya Rivera and Big Sean Have Called Off Their Engagement
NAYA RIVERA and BIG SEAN got engaged back in October . . . but now, they’ve called it off. It’s unclear why they split up, but apparently it was Sean’s call. On a somewhat related note, Naya seemed to accuse Big Sean of stealing her watch on Twitter yesterday . . . but she later deleted the Tweet.
Ellen DeGeneres and Rob Lowe Kissed on “Ellen” Yesterday
ELLEN DEGENERES kissed ROB LOWE on her show yesterday. He was demonstrating how JEWEL was REPULSED by the idea of kissing him on a failed TV drama called “The Lyon’s Den” back in 2003. Even though there was nothing behind it, it was pretty wild to see Ellen kiss a guy.
(Here’s video. The kiss story starts at about 1:34.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. (NC-17) RIHANNA posed for a French magazine in a bikini top and . . . NOTHING ELSE. Oh, and for double bonus points, she was sticking her butt in the air.
(TMZ has a gallery of 70 paparazzi pics from the shoot. That seems like a lot, but trust me: It doesn’t get old. I should warn you that tons of naked buttock awaits you. There are also some nip-slips, but they’re censored.)
2. (NC-17) DYLAN PENN, the 22-year-old daughter of SEAN PENN and ROBIN WRIGHT, posed NUDE for “Treats!” magazine. (Warning: Some of the pics contain semi-visible nipple.)
Related Comedy: The latest issue of “Treats” magazine will feature nude photos of Sean Penn’s daughter. So if you thought Sean Penn went nuts beating up photographers before. . .
3. ROSEANNE has got to be thinner than she’s ever been.
4. MADONNA posted a picture of herself trying to look all tough, sitting on a motorcycle with a cigarette in her mouth. Which is maybe a little hypocritical since a few years ago, she flipped when the paparazzi caught her daughter lighting up.
Although at the time, she did defend her own use of cigarettes as “props”.
. Some impressive CGI effects were used to make this video of EMMA WATSON “unmasking” to become SOFIA VERGARA.
6. KATY PERRY wore a revealing dress on Instagram.
7. BEYONCÉ vacation pictures equal Beyoncé BIKINI pictures.
8. Sexy Video: JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ were spotted together again . . . this time at a Miami recording studio.
It Looks Like the Ultimate Warrior Had a Heart Attack
: It looks like the ULTIMATE WARRIOR died of a massive heart attack. Sources say he was walking through an Arizona hotel with his wife on Tuesday when he clutched his chest and collapsed. He never recovered. Meanwhile, witnesses say he wasn’t looking too good during “Wrestlemania” weekend.
ood Publicity: Shia LaBeouf Bought a Lunch for a Homeless Man
SHIA LABEOUF did a good deed this week, when he left a restaurant to give a homeless guy in a wheelchair some lunch. A “source” says Shia shook his hand, said ‘God bless you,’ and came back to finish his food.
Video of Lindsay Lohan and David Letterman Prank Calling Oprah on Last Night’s “Late Show”
LINDSAY LOHAN was on “Letterman” last night . . . and during her interview, she and Dave prank called OPRAH WINFREY. It wasn’t much of a “prank call,” but Dave did pretend to be Lindsay’s secretary at first.
It’s unclear how much of it was planned, but Oprah DID seem surprised. When Dave asked Oprah how Lindsay was doing, she didn’t have a ringing endorsement. She said, quote, “I think she’s doing really OK . . .
“Uh, you know, to have cameras following you around through every phase of your life, and you’re trying to pull your life together, I think that’s a really difficult thing . . . she’s making some progress.” (Here’s video.)
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “American Idol” [Results Show] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox.
• “Suits” [3rd Season Finale] . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on USA.
• “Project Runway: Under the Gunn “ [1st Season Finale] . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Lifetime.
• “The Challenge: Free Agents” [25th Season Premiere] . . . from 10:00 to 11:30 P.M. on MTV.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” – Kevin Costner, Danica McKellar, Alan Cumming, and Philip Bailey.
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” – Edie Falco, Marlon Wayans, and Nikki Glaser.
• “Letterman” – Zach Braff, Sgt. Brendan Marrocco, and Dr. Andrew Lee. (Repeat)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Seth MacFarlane, Paul Bettany, and Sam Smith.
• “Carson Daly” – Brian Unger and Zane Lamprey, hosts of National Geographic’s “Showdown of the Unbeatable”. Plus: The Crystal Method and Milagres.
• “Arsenio” – Anthony Mackie, Shane West, and SoMo.
• “Conan” – Cobie Smulders, Terry Crews, and Wild Cub.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Morgan Freeman and Adam Ray.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Nikolaj Coster-Waldau from “Game of Thrones”.
• “Jon Stewart” – Jennifer Garner.
Five Random Facts For Thursday
Here are a few random facts for you. Anytime your food has carmine, cochineal extract, or natural red 4 in its ingredients, it means the color comes from crushed up bugs. And employees at Ben & Jerry’s get three free pints of ice cream EVERY DAY . . . and a free gym membership.
1. Anytime your food has carmine, cochineal extract, or natural red 4 in its ingredients . . . it means the color comes from crushed up bugs.
2. Three burglars broke into DOLPH LUNDGREN’S house in 2009 and tied up his wife . . . but then saw a picture of Dolph, realized it was his house, and ran off.
3. Employees at Ben & Jerry’s get three free pints of ice cream EVERY DAY. They also get a free gym membership.
4. In “The Jetsons”, George is 40 years old, Jane is 33, and their daughter Judy is 16. That means George was either 23 or 24 and Jane was either 16 or 17 when he got her pregnant. Then again, we don’t know the legal age of consent in space.
5. Motel 6 got its name because it originally charged $6-per-night when it opened in 1962.
Couples Are Most Likely to Argue in Bed at 11:49 P.M. . . . and the Average Fight Lasts 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds
According to a new survey, couples are most likely to argue in bed at 11:49 P.M. The average fight lasts 2 minutes and 12 seconds . . . the top thing we fight over is hogging the blankets . . . and the other person messing with their phone came in second.
A House That Smells Is a Bigger Turn-Off Than One That’s Messy or Badly Decorated
A new survey found a house that SMELLS BAD is a bigger TURN-OFF than anything else when it comes to your place. It’s worse than having a messy house . . . being badly decorated . . . or being dirty.
Talking on Your Phone Turns You Into a Bad Person
Talking on your cell phone makes you a BAD PERSON. In a new study, researchers found people who were talking on cell phones were eight times less likely to help a stranger pick up something they dropped than people who WEREN’T on their phones.
Women, What’s the Most Manly Thing You Secretly Do?
Here’s a question for women: What’s the most MANLY thing you secretly do? A few of the best answers are sitting around alone with your hand down your pants like Al Bundy . . . admiring what you managed to produce in the toilet . . . and turning your head as another woman walks by to check out her butt.
1. Sitting around alone with your hand down your pants, like Al Bundy.
2. Admiring what you managed to produce in the toilet . . . and possibly even bragging about it to some friends.
3. Turning your head as another woman walks by to check out her butt.
4. Unbuttoning the top button of your pants when you’re gorging on a huge meal.
5. Killing spiders for your boyfriend or husband . . . then agreeing you won’t tell anyone you protected him.
A Student Who Survived the High School Stabbing in Pennsylvania Yesterday Posted a Selfie at the Hospital . . . Should You Be Outraged?
A high school student in Pennsylvania went on a stabbing spree yesterday and injured 20 people. Thankfully he didn’t kill anyone. But one of the students he stabbed posted a SELFIE from the hospital . . . and some people are OUTRAGED at his disrespect. But other people support his defiance.
A Dentist Bought John Lennon’s Tooth . . . And Wants to Clone Lennon and Raise Him as His Son?
A dentist in Canada spent $33,000 to buy one of JOHN LENNON’S teeth at an auction, and has revealed his plan for the tooth. He wants to extract the DNA . . . CLONE Lennon . . . then raise him from birth as his SON. Technology isn’t quite at the point where that’s possible yet . . . but if it gets there, this guy wants in on it.
Alex Pettyfer is 24. British stud from “I Am Number Four” and “Magic Mike”. Hey, just because they’re not good movies doesn’t mean he’s not a star.
Haley Joel Osment is 26. Hairless star of “The Sixth Sense”, “Pay It Forward” and “A.I.”. Earlier this year he was in that parody miniseries “The Spoils of Babylon” on IFC.
Shay Mitchell is 27. Emily on “Pretty Little Liars”.
Mandy Moore is 30. Least scandalous of her generation of teenage pop princesses. She’s the one from “License to Wed”, “Chasing Liberty” and “A Walk to Remember”. And she did the voice of Rapunzel in Disney’s “Tangled”. (Britney? Christina? Jessica? ALL WHORES!)
Jamie Chung is 31. Asiatic “Real World: San Diego” minx who’s one of the few reality stars to actually parlay their exposure into a real acting career.
She’s on NBC’s “Believe”, has a recurring role as Mulan on “Once Upon a Time”, and is taking over the role of Miho in the “Sin City” sequel “A Dame to Kill For”.
Steven Gustafson is 57. 10,000 Maniacs bassist.
Peter MacNicol is 60. John “The Biscuit” Cage on “Ally McBeal”, Dr. Janosz Poha in “Ghostbusters 2″, Dr. Larry Fleinhardt on “Numb3rs”, AND Tom Lennox on “24”.
TERTON CHUNGDRAG DORJE . . . The Buddhist Lama known as STEVEN SEAGAL is 62. When he’s not busy being the reincarnation of a 17th century Buddhist “treasure revealer” Steven Seagal still uses his black belts in karate, judo, kendo, and aikido to kick himself in the ass for divorcing Kelly LeBrock in 1996.
(Not really sure how Buddhism jibes with Russia’s current, aggressive policies, but Steve is, like, BFFs with Vladimir Putin, and totally supports what he’s been up to in the Ukraine.)
John Madden is 78. Football sportscasting chubby. He coined the word “cankles” to describe the thick flesh between the calf and the ankle, prominent on the Miami Dolphins’ Jeff Zgonina AND Hillary Clinton.
(John was the first . . . and is still the only . . . sportscaster to work for all four major networks. He’s retired but his name lives on through his video games.)
Omar Sharif is 82. “Dr. Zhivago”, “Funny Girl”, “Lawrence of Arabia” AND Agent Cedric in the 1984 comedy classic “Top Secret!”. My mom would STILL nail him.
Liz Sheridan is 85. Jerry’s sexy mom on “Seinfeld”. (She also was engaged to James Dean back in the day.) (True!)
Max von Sydow is 85. Brilliant character actor best remembered as Tom Cruise’s murderous mentor in “Minority Report” AND as Father Merrin, the old priest in “The Exorcist”.
(But his greatest role by far would have to be either Brewmeister Smith in the 1983 classic “Strange Brew”, or Ming the Merciless in 1980’s “Flash Gordon”. Just ask him. He’ll tell you.)
Harry Morgan (1915 – 2011) Colonel Sherman Potter from “M*A*S*H” . . . and Joe Friday’s partner on the original “Dragnet”.
“Dandy” Don Meredith (1938 – 2010) Original “Monday Night Football” sportscaster.
Sheb Wooley (1921 – 2003) Rodeo rider and country singer, best known for the 1958 novelty smash “The Purple People Eater” AND the theme to “Hee Haw”.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 5 days until your Taxes are Due
• 10 days to Easter Sunday
• 13 days to Secretary’s Day
• 31 days to Mother’s Day
• 66 days to Father’s Day
• 1,016 days left of “Hope and Change”
165 years ago . . . In 1849, the genius Walter Hunt patented the SAFETY PIN . . . then lost his mind and immediately sold the rights for $400.
102 years ago . . . In 1912, the “Unsinkable” TITANIC set sail from Southampton, England, on its maiden voyage. It sank.
98 years ago . . . In 1916, the first PGA CHAMPIONSHIP was held in Bronxville, New York. Jim Barnes was the winner, and he received $500. (To compare, Tiger Woods’ 2006 win at the PGA Championship earned him $1.2 MILLION.)
89 years ago . . . In 1925, “The Great Gatsby”, by F. SCOTT FITZGERALD, was first published.
66 years ago . . . In 1948, GENERAL DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER stood by his earlier comments that professional soldiers should not seek high political office. Four years later, he was elected president.
62 years ago . . . In 1952, “Singin’ In The Rain” was released . . . starring GENE KELLY, delicious DEBBIE REYNOLDS and succulent CYD CHARISSE.
44 years ago . . . In 1970, PAUL MCCARTNEY announced that he would no longer play with The Beatles (whom he quit the day before), citing personal differences in direction with JOHN LENNON and disapproval of John’s wife, “SUCCUBUS” YOKO ONO . . .
. . . As well as The Beatles’ financial advisor, ALLEN KLEIN. The following week, his debut solo album was released.
42 years ago . . . In 1972, the “Theme From ‘Shaft'” received the Academy Award for Best Original Song . . . earning the composer and artist, ISAAC HAYES, a standing ovation during the presentation of his Oscar.
38 years ago . . . In 1976, PAUL MCCARTNEY’S “SILLY LOVE SONGS” WAS RELEASED!
32 years ago . . . In 1982 – “Ebony And Ivory”, the 20th Century’s racial unity anthem duet by STEVIE WONDER . . . who is black . . . and PAUL MCCARTNEY . . . who is white . . . debuted on the U.S. charts at #29.
It quickly went on to be #1 in both the U.S. AND the U.K., becoming the first #1 song for Stevie Wonder . . . who is black . . . in Britain, which is predominantly white.
(Like it or not, the song did inspire a CLASSIC “Saturday Night Live” sketch. Check it out here.)
26 years ago . . . In 1988, at the 8th Golden Raspberry Awards, a.k.a. The Razzies, BILL COSBY was named Worst Actor for his disaster “Leonard Part 6″, which also BEAT “Ishtar” for Worst Picture . . .
MADONNA was named Worst Actress for “Who’s That Girl”, and GEORGE MICHAEL won Worst Song for “I Want Your Sex” from “Beverly Hills Cop 2″.
23 years ago . . . In 1991, NATALIE SCHAFER died at the age of 90. She WAS Lovey, Mrs. Thurston Howell the Third, on “Gilligan’s Island”.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, SAM KINISON was killed in a car crash by some drunk-driving teenagers on a desert highway outside Needles, California. He was 38. After the crash, one of the kids said, quote, “God! Look at my truck!” True.
14 years ago . . . In 2000, LARRY LINVILLE died from pneumonia the age of 60. He is best remembered as Major Frank Burns on “M*A*S*H” . . . who used to nail “Hot Lips” Houlihan real good.
14 years ago . . . In 2000, KEN GRIFFEY, JR. became the youngest player in baseball history to reach 400 home runs. He was 30 years, 141 days old.
(He ended his career in 2010, with 630 homers. That makes him FIFTH on the all-time list, behind Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and, unfortunately, the all-time leader Barry Bonds.)
Three years ago . . . In 2011, U2’s “360 degree” tour set the records for highest grossing concert tour with $736 million in ticket sales, and highest attendance with over 7.2 tickets sold.