Your daily dose of whatever includes:
- Random Tuesday Facts
- Most romantic cities in the US
- Who your most likely to lie to…
Philip Seymour Hoffman Had Dozens of Bags of Heroin . . . And Other Updates
There may have been as many as 50 to 70 bags of heroin in PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN’S apartment when he died Sunday, as well as 20 used hypodermic needles, a charred spoon and prescription meds. A source says he was also hooked on Oxycontin. Police think there might be video of him buying drugs from two men on Saturday night.
Several reports say there were actually 50 . . . and one report says 70. Police also found more than 20 used hypodermic needles, a charred spoon and anti-anxiety meds he may not have had a prescription for.
At least one source claims Hoffman was injecting AND snorting heroin . . . and that he was also heavily addicted to Oxycontin. He may have been spending as much as $10,000 A MONTH on drugs.
Hoffman may have been caught on video buying drugs Saturday night. A witness claims he saw Hoffman withdraw money from an ATM near his apartment, then make the exchange with two men.
Even Though It Was a Blowout, Sunday’s Super Bowl Became the Most-Watched Broadcast in TV History
The Super Bowl averaged 111.5 million viewers . . . once again setting a new, all-time TV ratings record. The previous record was 111.3 million, which Super Bowl 46 set in 2012. BRUNO MARS also scored a record high for Super Bowl halftime shows, with an average of 115.3 million viewers.
As far as blowouts go, Sunday’s game snapped a 10-year stretch of competitive games. The last major trouncing came in 2003, when the Buccaneers destroyed the Raiders. That game had “just” 88.6 million viewers.
The 10 Most “Engaging” Super Bowl Ads . . . According to TiVo
TiVo has released its list of The 10 Most Engaging Super Bowl Commercials, which is determined by a formula that involves how many times the ads were re-watched. JERRY SEINFELD’S “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” promo was #1, followed by Budweiser’s “Puppy Love” ad.
1. Jerry Seinfeld’s “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee“ promo (Halftime)
2. Budweiser’s “Puppy Love“ (4th Quarter)
3. GoDaddy’s “Bodybuilder“ (4th Quarter)
4. Doritos’ “Cowboy Kid“ (4th Quarter)
5. Toyota Highlander’s “Terry Crews & the Muppets“ (2nd Quarter)
6. Doritos’ “Time Machine“ (1st Quarter)
7. RadioShack’s “The Phone Call“ (1st Quarter)
8. Oikos Greek Yogurt’s “The Spill“ (4th Quarter)
9. Bud Light’s “Up for Whatever #2“ (1st Quarter)
10. Squarespace’s “A Better Web Awaits“ (1st Quarter)
Did the Best Super Bowl Ad Only Air in Savannah, Georgia?
There was a CRAZY, two-minute-long Super Bowl ad that aired locally in Georgia, for a personal injury lawyer named JAMIE CASINO. It wasn’t a joke . . . and it felt like a blend of a hard rock music video, a crazed gangster movie, and a trailer for a NICOLAS CAGE revenge flick.
The ad played like a cross between a hard rock music video and a trailer for some NICOLAS CAGE action / revenge / gangster flick . . . complete with murder, vengeance, and a flaming sledgehammer demolishing a tombstone.
Best of all: Apparently, it’s 100% serious. (Here’s the ad.)
Were the Red Hot Chili Peppers Faking It at the Super Bowl Halftime Show? Their Instruments Weren’t Even Plugged In
If you take a close look at photos of the Super Bowl halftime show, you’ll see that FLEA of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS didn’t even bother to PLUG IN his bass . . . and neither did guitarist JOSH KLINGHOFFER. Yesterday, Flea seemingly admitted it, Tweeting, quote, “No trickery. No choice, but no trickery.”
A Furniture Store Offered Full Refunds if the Seahawks Won the Super Bowl . . . And It Cost Them $7 Million
A furniture store in Houston ran a Super Bowl promotion last month: If you bought at least $6,000 worth of stuff and the Broncos LOST, they’d refund the money, and you’d get to KEEP the furniture. Since the Broncos DID lose, it’s going to cost the store about $7 MILLION.
Porn Viewing in Denver Skyrocketed After the Super Bowl
Wanna know how Broncos fans coped after that EMBARRASSING Super Bowl beat-down? Porn. According to Pornhub.com, viewing was 10.8% above average in Denver after the Super Bowl . . . the biggest jump of anywhere in the country. And viewing was DOWN 17.2% in Seattle after the game, where people were clearly celebrating WITHOUT pornography.
A Guy Bit Off His Brother’s Ear in a Drunken Super Bowl Brawl
On Sunday, two brothers in New York drank a bottle-and-a-half of Southern Comfort AND Jack Daniel’s during the Super Bowl. That led to a lot of hugging . . . which ended when they VOMITED in each other’s faces, sparking a brawl. And the 27-year-old brother ended up BITING OFF a large chunk of his younger brother’s EAR. He’s facing a felony assault charge.
The Most Sought-After Celebrity Body Parts
A plastic surgeon in Santa Monica says the most sought-after celebrity look is JENNIFER ANISTON for women and HUGH JACKMAN for men. Also, “in demand” body parts include: BEYONCÉ’S butt, KATY PERRY’S skin and ROBERT PATTINSON’S jawline.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. (NC-17) MILEY CYRUS shows off part of a nipple in “W” magazine. (She also gave an interview where she said a lot of typical Miley stuff. You can read the whole thing here, or grab highlights here.)
2. GWEN STEFANI posted a picture of herself from 1983, getting STING’S autograph. In the caption she refers to herself as “chunky”, which is mean, but she WAS thicker than she is now. She was 14 at the time.
4. LEANN RIMES. In a bikini. Showing some buttcrack.
5. Yes, CHARLIZE THERON and SEAN PENN are still doing it.
6. So here’s BEYONCÉ getting a lap dance. The girl is mostly clothed, unfortunately.
7. JOHN STAMOS would like you to know how he’d look bald.
The Rich Get Richer: Paris Hilton Was Paid $100,000 for a DJ Gig . . . Then Won $50,000 Playing Blackjack
If you think life is even the slightest bit fair, allow me to insert a pin into your bright pink balloon. On Sunday night, PARIS HILTON had a DJ gig at a Super Bowl after-party in Atlantic City. The job paid $100,000.
After it was over, she hit a blackjack table . . . where she won another $50,000. And she posted a picture of her winnings, just to TAUNT YOU.
Is It Time for a Chubby Disney Princess? A Virginia High School Girl Thinks So
A high school junior started an online petition to get Disney to introduce a plus-size princess. She says, quote, “It would be revolutionary for Disney to show support to a group of girls who are otherwise horrendously bullied by the media. It would make many young girls feel confident and worthy to see a strong character that looks like them.”
JEWEL MOORE, a high-school junior from Farmville, Virginia, started a petition on Change.org to get Disney to make a movie about a CANDY-COATED Princess.
Jewel is plus-size herself, and obviously wise beyond her years. Her petition states, quote, “Studies show that a child’s confidence correlates greatly with how much representation they have in the media.
“It would be revolutionary for Disney to show support to a group of girls who are otherwise horrendously bullied by the media.
“It would make many young girls feel confident and worthy to see a strong character that looks like them. This move on Disney’s part would have an amazing positive ripple effect in people all around the world.”
As of last night the petition had more than 17,000 signatures. (Until then, at least there’s “Shrek”.) (???)
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “Winter Gold: First Look at the Sochi Olympics” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “The Biggest Loser” [15th Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Ravenswood” [1st Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC Family. The season ends with a “Pretty Little Liars” crossover episode featuring Ashley Benson’s character Hannah.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – George Clooney and Sting.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Barkhad Abdi (“Captain Phillips”) and Dr. Mehmet Oz. Music Guest: The Lone Bellow.
• “The Tonight Show” – Matthew McConaughey, Charles Barkley, and Lyle Lovett.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – “The Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Digital Originals”.
• “Carson Daly” – The directors of “The LEGO Movie”, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Music Guest: The Crystal Method.
• “Arsenio” – Tatyana Ali performs. The other guest is NBA analyst Kenny Smith.
• “Conan” – Ted Danson. Music Guest: J. Roddy Walston and the Business.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Megan Mullally and Dutch travel writer J. Maarten Troost.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Mariska Hargitay.
• “Jon Stewart” – Elizabeth Banks.
• “The Colbert Report” – The Russian punk rock band [Kitty] Riot.
“Dallas Buyers Club” is Out on DVD and “Bates Motel” is Out on Netflix
Here’s what’s new on DVD today:
• “Dallas Buyers Club” . . . starring Matthew McConaughey.
• “Romeo and Juliet” . . . starring Hailee Steinfeld as Juliet.
• “Escape Plan” . . . starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
• “Baggage Claim” . . . starring Paula Patton and Taye Diggs.
• “About Time” . . . Domhnall Gleeson is a time traveler dating Rachel McAdams.
• “Free Birds” . . . Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson are time traveling turkeys.
• The seventh season of “Laverne & Shirley”.
• The complete series of “Joanie Loves Chachi” . . . which ran for two seasons.
• The fourth season of “Family Matter” . . . featuring the amazing Steve Urkel.
And here’s what’s new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• The first three season of Showtime’s “The Borgias”.
• The first season of A&E’s “Bates Motel”.
• The classic Clint Eastwood westerns “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” and “A Fistful of Dollars”.
And here’s what’s new in videogames:
• “The LEGO Movie Video Game” on XboxOne, Xbox360, PS4, PS3, and the WiiU. The movie hits theaters this weekend.
• “Now That’s What I Call Music 49″ . . . with Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Drake, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, A Great Big World, Lady Gaga, Lorde, and Pitbull.
It also features Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how sick of her you are.
• “Love, Marriage, & Divorce”, an album of duets from Toni Braxton and Babyface
• “After the Disco”, Broken Bells . . . This is the second album from the team of Danger Mouse of Gnarls Barkley, and James Mercer of The Shins.
• “The Royal Sessions”, Paul Rodgers of Bad Company doing R&B and soul songs.
• “Unconditional Love”, Ruben Studdard
• “Welcome to the Age of My Body”, a four-song EP by Mary Lambert, the female singer who appears on the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis gay rights song, “Same Love”. This EP came out digitally two months ago.
• “Hydra”, the symphonic metal band Within Temptation . . . Their guests include Tarja from Nightwish, Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage, and rapper Xzibit.
• “Eric Paslay”, the self-titled debut from country singer Eric Paslay
• “Lucky”, Suzy Bogguss. A collection of Merle Haggard covers.
• “Calicountry”, country hip-hop duo Moonshine Bandits.
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. The most popular computer 30 years ago, in 1984, was the Commodore 64. It had 64 kilobytes of RAM. The four-inch iPhone in your pocket has 16,000 times that amount.
2. MARTHA STEWART once dated ANTHONY HOPKINS . . . but broke up with him because she couldn’t stop associating him with Hannibal Lecter from “The Silence of the Lambs”.
3. Don’t think dogs are smart? In Moscow, Russia, a small number of stray dogs figured out how to take the SUBWAY from the suburbs to the city where there’s more food to scrounge for.
4. If a married person has gastric bypass surgery, there’s an 80-to-85% chance the marriage will end within two years . . . usually because the person feels like they SETTLED on someone mediocre and now feel like they can do much better.
5. The average person will take about 216.3 million steps in their lifetime . . . which is the equivalent of walking all the way around the Earth five times.
Seven Words That Make Your Dating Profile More Attractive
A new study found the two words mathematically proven to make your online dating profile more attractive. And they are: SURFING and YOGA. Other good words for guys are SKIING and the OCEAN. And other good words for women are LONDON, ATHLETE, and NYC.
The 20 Most Romantic Cities in America
: Amazon.com just released its annual list of the 20 most ROMANTIC cities in America, based on sales numbers for things like romance novels, Barry White music, and lube. The top five are: San Antonio, Texas . . . Seattle, Washington . . . Knoxville, Tennessee . . . Miami, Florida . . . and Alexandria, Virginia.
1. San Antonio, Texas.
2. Seattle, Washington.
3. Knoxville, Tennessee.
4. Miami, Florida.
5. Alexandria, Virginia.
6. Orlando, Florida.
7. Vancouver, Washington.
8. Cincinnati, Ohio.
9. Spokane, Washington.
10. Dayton, Ohio.
11. Columbia, South Carolina.
12. San Jose, California.
13. Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
14. Round Rock, Texas.
15. Sioux City, South Dakota.
16. Las Vegas, Nevada.
17. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
18. Everett, Washington. (Yep, FOUR cities in Washington.)
19. Erie, Pennsylvania.
20. Clearwater, Florida. (BusinessWire)
You’re Most Likely to Lie to Your Mom . . . And Five Other New Facts About Lying
Here are a few new stats on LYING. 17% of people say they lie to their MOM most often . . . 13% lie to their significant other most often . . . 42% of people say there are times when they WISH people would lie to them . . . and people are most tempted to lie about their PAST.
What’s the Most Embarrassing Text You Ever Sent to the Wrong Person?
What’s the most embarrassing text you ever sent to the wrong person? A few of our favorites are a guy who wanted to text a photo of a SWINGERS CLUB to his wife, but sent it to his boss . . . and a guy who meant to text a friend he was thinking about breaking up with his girlfriend, but accidentally sent it to HER instead.
A Couple Left Their Car Running While They Did It in a Garage . . . And Died From the Fumes
A 40-year-old couple in Williamsport, Pennsylvania decided to have sex in their car while it was parked in a garage on Friday, and left the engine running to stay warm. And the fumes ended up KILLING THEM. They were found partially clothed, and the official cause of death was listed as carbon monoxide poisoning.
A Thief Is Busted Having Sex With a Mannequin After Breaking Into a Mall
Last month, a guy in Brazil broke into a shopping mall, stole a few shirts . . . then spotted a HEADLESS MANNEQUIN. So he stopped robbing the place and started GETTING-IT-ON with the mannequin . . . in full view of a security camera. Police were able to track him down and arrest him for theft.
Gavin DeGraw is 37. His song “I Don’t Wanna Be” blew up in part because it’s the theme song to “One Tree Hill”.
Gavin was viciously beaten by three punks in New York City in 2011 . . . then clipped by a taxi as he was walking to the hospital. He was pretty hammered at the time. He’s okay now.
Cam’ron is 38. Young urban troubadour who was SHOT in BOTH ARMS during what was supposedly an attempted carjacking. He refused to talk to the cops about it . . . because REAL PLAYAS DON’T SNITCH.
Natalie Imbruglia is 39. Australian singing minx. When it comes to deciding between chocolate or vanilla birthday cake, Natalie is completely “Torn”.
Oscar De La Hoya is 41. A great boxer . . . and an even greater cross-dresser.
Rob Corddry is 43. HI-larious former “Daily Show” correspondent who’s also been in “Hot Tub Time Machine”, “Hell Baby”, and Adult Swim’s “Children’s Hospital”.
Gabrielle Anwar is 44. Fiona the sexy explosives expert on “Burn Notice”.
Clint Black is 52. Gets to nail Lisa Hartman anytime he wants to!
Jacqueline Lorians is 52. Mattress actress from 132 fine films, including “This Stud’s for You”, “Bouncin’ In The U.S.A.”, “Suzie Creamcheese” and “Ballstreet”!
Lawrence Taylor is 55. LT! Crack-head [slash] connoisseur of prostitutes [slash] New York Giants linebacking legend [slash] star of “Any Given Sunday”, “Shaft” AND “Wrestlemania 11″, the worst WrestleMania EVER, where LT fought Bam Bam Bigelow. Bam Bam is no longer with us, though, so show some respect, people.
Alice Cooper is 66. The lyric that best sums up his GENIUS career: “When you see me with a smile on my face / Then you’ll know I’m a mental case”! That’s from “Lost in a Dream”, off Alice’s very first major label album, “Love It to Death”.
Dan Quayle is 67.
John Schuck is 74. “McMillan & Wife”, “M*A*S*H” [the movie], “Munsters Today” AND “Holmes & Yoyo”!
George A. Romero is 74. Horror legend behind “Night of the Living Dead” and its sequels “Dawn of the Dead”, “Day of the Dead”, “Land of the Dead”, “Diary of the Dead” and “Survival of the Dead”.
(He also directed the original version of “The Crazies” . . . “Creepshow” . . . and one of the coolest vampire movies of all time, “Martin”. Screw you, “Twilight”!)
Conrad Bain (1923 – 2013) Mr. Drummond on “Diff’rent Strokes”!
Rosa Parks (1913 – 2005)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to the Winter Olympics
• 5 days to “The Walking Dead”
• 10 days to Valentine’s Day
• 20 days until “The Voice” returns
• 26 days to the Oscars
• 1,081 days left of “Hope and Change”
225 years ago . . . in 1789 - GEORGE WASHINGTON was unanimously elected the FIRST PRESIDENT.
69 years ago . . . in 1945 – President FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT, British Prime Minister WINSTON CHURCHILL and sadistic Russian dictator JOSEPH STALIN met at a wartime conference in Yalta.
40 years ago . . . in 1974 – PATTY HEARST was kidnapped from her Berkeley apartment by three members of the Symbionese Liberation Army.
37 years ago . . . in 1977 – “American Bandstand” celebrated its 25th anniversary with an “all-star band” made up of CHUCK BERRY and REAL stars like SEALS & CROFTS, CHUCK MANGIONE and three-quarters of BOOKER T. & THE MG’S!
31 years ago . . . in 1983 – KAREN CARPENTER died at age 32. She had anorexia.
27 years ago . . . in 1987 – Pianist LIBERACE died at age 67. He had AIDS. Playing him in HBO’s “Behind the Candelabra” gave Michael Douglas the excuse to nail Matt Damon, at least on screen.
21 years ago . . . in 1993 – The Boston Celtics retired LARRY BIRD’S number, 33.
18 years ago . . . in 1996 – MILLI VANILLI superstar ROB PILATUS was hospitalized after being hit over the head with a baseball bat in Hollywood, by a guy whose car he was trying to steal.
17 years ago . . . in 1997 – A civil jury in Santa Monica, California, found O.J. SIMPSON liable for the deaths of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ronald Goldman . . . even though the law said he was absolutely, positively 100% INNOCENT. $8.5 million in compensatory damages were awarded to Goldman’s parents.
Six days later, the jury added $25 million in punitive damages to go to Nicole Brown Simpson’s estate and to FRED GOLDMAN.
11 years ago . . . in 2003 – COURTNEY LOVE was arrested for disrupting a transatlantic flight by cussing out a flight attendant. Courtney was released without being charged.
10 years ago . . . in 2004 – A website called THEFACEBOOK was launched by a Harvard sophomore named Mark Zuckerberg.
Four years ago . . . in 2010 – Monster.com acquired HotJobs from Yahoo! for $225 MILLION. And yet . . . it’s STILL impossible for anyone to get a job.