Your daily dose of whatever includes:
- 10 Best Oscar Moments
- Amanda Bynes has some regrets…
- Even Judge Judy is making hits at Justin Bieber
Are These the 10 Best Oscar Moments of All Time?
A list of the 10 Best Oscar Moments of All time includes Heath Ledger winning after death, Woody Allen making his only Oscar appearance ever in the aftermath of 9/11, Ben Stiller presenting an award dressed in an “Avatar” costume, and Sandra Bullock winning a Razzie and an Oscar in the same year.
1. Heath Ledger wins Best Supporting Actor for “The Dark Knight” after his death, and his family accepts the award. (2009)
2. Adrien Brody wins Best Actor for “The Pianist”, and plants a surprise kiss on presenter Halle Berry. (2003)
3. In the wake of 9/11, Woody Allen makes his ONLY Oscar appearance to date, to give props to New York City. (2002)
4. Melissa Leo, the Best Supporting Actress winner for “The Fighter”, drops an F-bomb when she says, quote, ” When I watched Kate [Winslet] two years ago, it looked so [effing] easy!” (2011)
5. Martin Scorsese finally gets his Oscar, for “The Departed”. (2007)
6. Sandra Bullock wins a Razzie for “All About Steve” and an Oscar for “The Blind Side” in the same year. (2010)
7. The Sci-Fi / Fantasy genre finally gets its due, as “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King” wins Best Picture. (2004)
8. Ben Stiller presents an award in a full “Avatar” costume. (2010)
9. Jeff Bridges’ acceptance speech for “Crazy Heart”, in which he said, quote, “Thank you, Mom and Dad, for turning me on to such a groovy profession.” (2010)
10. Kathryn Bigelow becomes the first woman to win Best Director, for “The Hurt Locker”. (2010)
1. Check out a list from E!Online of actors who haven’t won an Oscar yet. It includes Harrison Ford, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Sigourney Weaver and Leonardo DiCaprio.
2. An anonymous Oscar voter shared his ballot with “The Hollywood Reporter”. He didn’t vote for “Gravity”, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts or Meryl Streep, because he thought they all SUCKED.
He also thought “Captain Phillips” was “hokey” and “overacted”.
3. SANDRA BULLOCK made a sweet deal to star in “Gravity”. When her percentages are all counted up, she’ll have made at least $70 MILLION.
Is George Clooney Dating a 36-Year-Old Lawyer?
GEORGE CLOONEY may be upping his standards in his old age. He’s reportedly dating a 36-year-old British attorney named Amal Almuddin. She’s currently representing Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, she speaks three languages, she was educated at Oxford and NYU . . . and ASHTON KUTCHER follows her on Twitter. George is 52, by the way.
Her name is Amal Almuddin. She’s 36 years old, British and an ATTORNEY. She was educated at both Oxford and NYU, she speaks three languages: English, Arabic and French . . . and she currently represents Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.
Katy Perry and John Mayer Broke Up Again
KATY PERRY and JOHN MAYER are OFF again. “Sources” say Katy did the dumping, but there’s no word why.
It wasn’t even two weeks ago that the Internet had them ENGAGED, after Katy was spotted with a ring on THAT finger over Valentine’s weekend.
Katy and John have been together for the most part since the summer of 2012 . . . although they broke up and got back together twice.
Did Game Take a Poke at Kim Kardashian Before Kanye?
During a British radio interview this week, GAME admitted that he nailed KIM KARDASHIAN before KANYE WEST got to her. But he says there’s no beef with Kanye . . . quote, “Kanye was the homie. He’s still the homie. That is his wife. They got a family. I love them. They’re great.”
) Is Amanda Bynes Backing Off Her Desire to Have Drake Murder Her Vagina?
Word has it AMANDA BYNES regrets that classic Tweet where she said she wants DRAKE to “murder her vagina.” So-called sources say the idea of it, quote, “horrifies her” now.
Now that Amanda is on meds and spending more time in the real world, word has it Amanda regrets that Tweet. So-called “sources” say the idea of it, quote, “horrifies her” now. Technically, it’s unclear WHAT horrifies her.
Maybe she just can’t believe she posted it on Twitter . . . and privately, would still very much like Drake to murder her vagina.
1. KATHERINE HEIGL is probably the hottest female celebrity that no guy I know is attracted to. But maybe these pictures of her in yoga pants will change some minds.
2. Check out some GIFs that transform world leaders like President Obama, Vladimir Putin and Saddam Hussein into DRAG QUEENS.
3. Did STEVEN SEAGAL really give Putin rabbit ears, or is this Photoshopped?
4. Are OLIVIA MUNN’S nipples poking out of her dress, or is it just the stitching?
5. More cleavage from KAT DENNINGS? I’ll take two, please.
And Now, Even Judge Judy Is Taking Shots at Justin Bieber
Just about everybody is taking shots at JUSTIN BIEBER these days, and now he’s even taking licks from JUDGE JUDY. In a new interview, she called Justin a, quote, “marginal singer” . . . and added that he’s, quote, “doing a very good job of making a fool out of himself.”
In a recent interview, Judge Judy said, quote, “Being a celebrity is a gift . . . you could either treat it reverently or you could make a fool out of yourself. And [Justin] is doing a very good job of making a fool out of himself.
“I think it’s sad. And nobody’s going to remember that he was a marginal singer. But they’re going to remember a young kid who had a chance to have it all and who is blowing it by acting like a fool.” (Here’s video. Skip to the 2:30 mark.)
Justin Bieber Randoms: Two Post-DUI Arrest Videos, and Marijuana Was Discovered in One of His Cars
1. TMZ has released video of JUSTIN BIEBER doing a sobriety test at the jail after his DUI arrest last month. He stumbles a little while trying to walk a straight line, but he doesn’t appear to be BLITZED OUT OF HIS MIND.
2. Justin also didn’t have a problem doing push-ups. In a video from his jail cell, he drops to the ground and does about 23 push-ups in 28 seconds. If this kid does any time behind bars, he’s going to be RIPPED.
3. Atlanta cops discovered marijuana in an Escalade that was seized from Justin’s house there on Tuesday. It was less than an ounce, but they also found two “large glass smoking pipes with weed residue.”
Regardless, that isn’t enough for the police to do much about it.
The cops took the vehicle after they arrested the driver and a bodyguard for allegedly stealing a paparazzi photographer’s camera.
Paula Deen Compares Her Struggles with “That Black Football Player” Michael Sam
PAULA DEEN is comparing her struggles since being labeled a racist to the hurdles MICHAEL SAM faces as a gay man trying to make it to the NFL. That would’ve been crazy enough on its own . . . but she made it even worse by referring to Michael as, quote, “that black football player.”
“Snow White” Almost Had a Dwarf Named “Deafy”, and Eight Other “WTF” Things That Almost Happened to Disney Movies
The “Huffington Post” has assembled a list of “21 ‘WTF’ Things That Almost Happened to Disney Movies.” It includes stuff like: “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” originally had a dwarf named “Deafy” . . . and “Pocahontas” was supposed to have a “talking turkey sidekick” named “Redfeather.”
1. Disney wanted the SPICE GIRLS to sing “I Won’t Say (I’m in Love)” in “Hercules” . . . but thankfully, it didn’t work out due to “scheduling difficulties.”
2. The song “Part of Your World” was almost cut from “The Little Mermaid” because the kids in a test audience found it “boring.” But it was received well by adults, so it stayed in.
3. “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” could’ve featured dwarves named Hickey, Dirty, Dumpy and Deafy. (???) According to the early notes, “Deafy” would only hear a word or two of a conversation, leading to “comical situations.”
As much as this representation would’ve DELIGHTED deaf audiences for years to come . . . in the end, Deafy was replaced with Sneezy.
4. Disney almost scrapped the iconic spaghetti dinner scene from “Lady and the Tramp” because WALT DISNEY had a feeling that “dogs would look absurd eating spaghetti.” (???) But one of the animators changed Walt’s mind.
5. Originally, “Pocahontas” was going to have a “talking turkey sidekick” named “Redfeather,” who was going to be voiced by JOHN CANDY. But the character was dropped after John died in 1994.
6. “Aladdin” was originally designed to resemble MICHAEL J. FOX, but when a Disney exec didn’t think he looked “attractive enough,” they redesigned him to look like TOM CRUISE.
7. “Bambi” was going to be WAY bloodier . . . with the movie showing Bambi watching as his mother’s carcass was dragged away, leaving behind a POOL OF BLOOD. Fortunately, they realized an off-screen death was traumatizing enough.
8. Early on, Sebastian . . . the talking crab in “The Little Mermaid” . . . was supposed to have a British accent. But they later changed it to a Caribbean one.
9. THE BEATLES were originally meant to voice the Vultures in “The Jungle Book”, but at the time, JOHN LENNON decided he “didn’t want to do an animated movie.” Three years later, they did “Yellow Submarine”.
Is Jay Leno a Traitor? He Showed Up on “The Arsenio Hall Show” Last Night
JAY LENO just left the “Tonight Show” and he’s already showing up on the competition.
Jay made a surprise appearance on “The Arsenio Hall Show” last night to tell Arsenio he’d been renewed for a second season. (Here’s video.)
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “Countdown to the Oscars” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise honor injured servicemen for the 20th anniversary of “Forrest Gump”. There will also be a segment on celebrities before they were famous.
• “American Idol” [Results Show] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox. Candice Glover and Jake Bugg perform.
• “Hollywood Game Night” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. This week’s celebrities are Sean Hayes, Allison Janney, Don Cheadle, Christina Applegate, Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde.
• “Portlandia” [4th Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on IFC.
• “Vikings” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on History.
• “King of the Nerds” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TBS. The geeks are challenged to navigate a laser maze to rescue George Takei.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show” – Jimmy’s guests are Denzel Washington, Shaun White, and Sara Bareilles.
• “Late Night” – Seth’s guests are Lena Dunham, Anthony Mackie, and the John Mayer Trio.
• “Letterman” – Simon Helberg (“The Big Bang Theory”) and Young the Giant.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Kerry Washington, Michael Strahan, and Juicy J featuring Wiz Khalifa.
• “Carson Daly” – Tim Heidecker & Davin Wood, and Aatsinki. Music Guest: Washed Out.
• “Arsenio” – Olympic figure skater Ashley Wagner, and Cloris Leachman with her new “Raising Hope” boyfriend Tommy Chong. J. Holiday performs with the Posse.
• “Conan” – John C. Reilly, Pete Holmes, and the Haden Triplets featuring Ry Cooder.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Julia Stiles, and Dave Itzkoff.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Michelle Dockery from “Downton Abbey”.
• “Jon Stewart” – Kevin Roose.
• “The Colbert Report” – Jeff Goldblum.
The “Frozen” Soundtrack Is Back at #1 . . . the Most Weeks There Since the “Titanic” Soundtrack
The “Frozen” soundtrack is back on top of the “Billboard” chart this week, selling 89,000 copies. It’s the album’s fifth nonconsecutive week at #1, the most for any soundtrack since “Titanic” spent 16 straight weeks there in 1998.
1. The “Frozen” soundtrack (89,000 copies)
2. “The Outsiders”, Eric Church (74,000 copies)
3. (NEW) Country singer Cole Swindell’s self-titled debut album (63,000 copies)
4. “Now That’s What I Call Music 49″ (45,000 copies)
5. Beyoncé’s self-titled album (35,000 copies)
6. “Pure Heroine”, Lorde (30,000 copies)
7. “Prism”, Katy Perry (26,000 copies)
8. “Unorthodox Jukebox”, Bruno Mars (23,000 copies)
9. (NEW) The self-titled debut album from Issues (22,000 copies)
10. “Love, Marriage & Divorce”, Toni Braxton and Babyface (21,000 copies)
Five Random Facts For Thursday
1. BETTY WHITE is older than SLICED BREAD. She was born in 1922 . . . sliced bread was introduced in 1928.
2. Before penicillin, the best available cure for syphilis was . . . intentionally giving someone malaria. It would cause such a high fever that it could kill off the bacteria causing the syphilis. Of course, it could also potentially kill the person, but whatever.
3. The coldest inhabited place on earth is a village called Oymyakon in Siberia, Russia. If you were to go outside naked on an average day, you’d freeze to death in one minute. Its record low temperature is negative 141 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. JOHN TYLER was president of the U.S. from 1841 to 1845, and died in 1862. And believe it or not, he still has two living GRANDCHILDREN. Both are in their 80s.
5. The NFL threatened to move next year’s Super Bowl somewhere else, if Arizona had passed that bill allowing businesses not to serve gays. And they did it once before . . .
In 1993, they moved the Super Bowl out of Arizona when the state legislature voted down a bill to make Martin Luther King Day an official state holiday. The Super Bowl wound up at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. (Huffington Post / Wikipedia / Atlas Obscura / Snopes / Philadelphia Inquirer)
You Waste an Hour and 40 Minutes a Day . . . Here Are the Top 20 Time Wasters
According to a new survey, the average person wastes one hour and 40 minutes a day. The top five time wasters are: Calls from telemarketers, dealing with automated telephone systems when you call a company, worrying about stuff that might happen, waiting in line at the grocery store, and unnecessarily hard-to-open packaging.
1. Calls from telemarketers.
2. Dealing with automated telephone systems when you call a company.
3. Worrying about things that might happen.
4. Waiting in line at the grocery store.
5. Unnecessarily hard-to-open packaging.
6. Traffic jams.
7. Waiting in lines in general.
8. Road construction.
9. Waiting for someone to get back to you.
10. Self-service checkouts, where you always end up needing an employee to help you out.
11. TV commercials.
12. Waiting for websites to load.
13. “Candy Crush” and other cell phone games.
15. People that won’t listen to you.
16. Emails that don’t really apply to you.
19. Twenty minutes of ads and trailers before a movie starts.
20. Untangling your headphone cables. (Daily Mail)
What’s the Worst Thing You’ve Ever Said While Trying to Hit on Someone?
What’s the worst thing you’ve ever said while trying to hit on someone? Our favorites are a woman who told a guy he looked hilarious in photos with a shaved head when it turned out he had cancer . . . and a guy who had a girl tell him he was like a brother to her, so he asked if she liked incest.
It’s Always Worth Your Money to Order the Largest Pizza Possible
A new study found it’s ALWAYS smarter to buy the largest pizza that a pizza place offers. Based on the diameter of the pizzas, you’ll almost always get way more pizza than you think with a larger version, making it much more cost-effective than getting two smaller pizzas.
There’s a Guy Who’s Only Eaten Cheese Pizza For the Past 23 Years . . . Because He’s a Vegetarian Who Hates Vegetables
There’s a 38-year-old guy in Maryland who’s been a vegetarian for the past 23 years. But he HATES vegetables. So the only thing he’s eaten since he was 15 is . . . CHEESE PIZZA. He eats about one large pizza a day, and he’s NOT obese . . . he’s a perfectly healthy weight.
Georgia Might Make It Illegal to Drive Slowly in the Left Lane
Georgia might make it ILLEGAL to drive slowly in the left lane on a highway. The state House of Representatives just passed a bill that would make it a misdemeanor to stay in the left lane if a faster car comes up behind you. The biggest problem would be enforcement . . . a cop would have to see it for the person to get busted.
Two Japanese Tourists Accidentally Led Police on a High-Speed Chase
Police in Utah tried to pull over a drunk couple on Friday night, but they sped UP, and led cops on a high-speed chase. Eventually they were ordered out at GUNPOINT. But it turned out they were just Japanese TOURISTS, and didn’t realize they were being pulled over. They won’t be facing any charges.
A Drunk Guy Passed Out on the Street . . . And Woke Up to a Homeless Guy Making Out with Him
A guy in China recently passed out drunk on the street after a night of partying . . . and woke up to a homeless guy MAKING OUT WITH HIM. Then another guy who’d been at the same party saw it happening, and started taking PHOTOS, which are now online.
A Man Gets a Lifetime Ban From a Hilton For Saying He Was Bringing His “Trouser Snake” to His Hotel Room
: Earlier this month, a 35-year-old man in England was booking a room at a Hilton, and in the “additional comments” area on the website, he wrote he was bringing his large TROUSER SNAKE. When he checked in, the woman at reception laughed . . . but a few days later, he got an email from the manager telling him he was BANNED FOR LIFE from the hotel.
Jenni “JWoww” Farley is 28.
Kate Mara is 31. Zoe Barnes on the Netflix exclusive “House of Cards”. She also had bit parts in the first season of “American Horror Story” and “Entourage”.
Josh Groban is 33. Middle-aged women LOVE him.
Chelsea Clinton is 34. Oddly deeelicious minx who will probably be First Daughter again.
James Wan is 37. He’s directing next year’s “Fast & Furious 7″. And he might just be the father of what we now call “torture porn”. He wrote and directed the first “Saw”, and executive produced the entire franchise.
Tony Gonzalez is 38. Holds every major NFL record for tight ends. He retired after this past season with the Atlanta Falcons.
Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas is 43. TLC minx.
Donal Logue is 48. “The Tao of Steve”! Great film. Also, Nic Cage’s buddy in “Ghost Rider” . . . and he starred on that FX show “Terriers”.
Adam Baldwin is 52. Badass John Casey on “Chuck”. You might also remember him as Knowle Rohrer on “The X-Files”, Animal Mother in “Full Metal Jacket” and Albert “Whitebread Chicken(poop)” Hockenberry in one of the greatest comedies of all time, “D.C. Cab”! He’s no relation to the Baldwin brothers.
Grant Show is 52. Mantastic Jake Hansen on “Melrose Place” AND closeted gay action star Jack Dawson on Courteney Cox’s FILTHY show “DIRT”!
James Worthy is 53. L.A. Lakers great . . . with goggles!
Paul Humphreys is 54. OMD, a.k.a. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark! Remember “If You Leave” from the “Pretty in Pink” soundtrack? You should . . . it was in the ’80s!
Timothy Spall is 57. Peter Pettigrew . . . Voldemort’s henchman “Wormtail” and Ron’s former rat . . . in the “Harry Potter” movies.
Neal Schon is 60. JOURNEY GUITARIST! Formerly with a giant Jew-fro! Now reduced to nailing skanky reality “stars”.
Howard Hesseman is 74. Dr. Johnny Fever on “WKRP in Cincinnati” AND the teacher on “Head of the Class”. Also, check out a much younger Howard Hesseman as one of the hippies in the CLASSIC 1971 motion picture, “Billy Jack”!
Ralph Nader is 80.
RELATED COMEDY: Ralph Nader turns 80 today. He’s spent his life warning people about things that are hazardous to their health. But at his age, there’s really only one thing left to worry about: Birthdays.
Joanne Woodward is 84. Paul Newman’s SEXY widow. She won an Oscar for “The Three Faces of Eve”.
Elizabeth Taylor (1932 – 2011) She would have been 82 today.
Nancy Spungen would have been 56 . . . but Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols killed her back in 1978.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to the Oscars
• 10 days to Daylight Savings
• 18 days to St. Patrick’s Day
• 33 days to April Fool’s Day
• 36 days to “Captain America 2″
• 1,058 days left of “Hope and Change”
87 years ago . . . In 1927, for the second week in a row, South Carolina officials enforced that state’s century-old law against violating the Sabbath . . . by ARRESTING GOLFERS in the act of teeing off.
46 years ago . . . In 1968, FRANKIE LYMON (the polygamist who sang “Why Do Fools Fall in Love”) died of a heroin overdose at the age of 25. He also had an ironic hit with a song called “I’m Not a Juvenile Delinquent”.
34 years ago . . . In 1980, at the Grammy Awards, THE DOOBIE BROTHERS had the Best Record and Best Song for “What a Fool Believes”; BILLY JOEL’S “52nd Street” won both Album of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance . . .
. . . and RICKIE LEE JONES was named the Best New Artist. GLORIA GAYNOR won Best Disco Performance for “I Will Survive” and MICHAEL JACKSON won Best R&B Vocal Performance for “Don’t Stop til You Get Enough”.
33 years ago . . . In 1981, STEVIE WONDER AND PAUL MCCARTNEY RECORDED “EBONY AND IVORY” . . . and race relations were instantly and eternally repaired!
28 years ago . . . In 1986, the “VAN HAGAR” era officially began with the release of the Van Halen single “Why Can’t This Be Love”.
24 years ago . . . In 1990, “Time” magazine quoted MILLI VANILLI “singer” ROB PILATUS as saying, quote, “Musically, we’re more talented than any Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney. Mick Jagger can’t produce a sound. I’M THE NEW ELVIS.” Like Elvis, Rob is dead.
23 years ago . . . In 1991, PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH THE FIRST declared, quote, “Kuwait is liberated, Iraq’s army is defeated.” Yeah.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, ELIZABETH TAYLOR celebrated her 60th birthday by closing DISNEYLAND for a private party with her celebrity friends.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, hundreds of nubile lesbians showed up in London for the FIRST K.D. LANG CONVENTION! No yucky boys were allowed! Events at the first k.d.con included lesbonic k.d. karaoke AND a lesbonic k.d. lookalike contest!
17 years ago . . . In 1997, DIVORCE WAS LEGALIZED IN IRELAND. (I’ll bet you anything that drinking has gone WAY down since then.)
12 years ago . . . In 2002, ALICIA KEYS was named Best New Artist at the Grammys, where she also won Best R&B Album for “Songs in A Minor”, plus Song of the Year and Best R&B Song for “Fallin'”. Album of the Year went to the “O Brother Where Art Thou” soundtrack.
U2 won Record of the Year for “Walk On” and took Best Rock Album for “All That You Can’t Leave Behind” . . . plus COLDPLAY won Best Alternative Album for “Parachutes” and OUTKAST won Best Rap Album for “Stankonia”.
11 years ago . . . In 2003, MR. ROGERS died at the age of 74, from stomach cancer.
10 years ago . . . In 2004, SOLANGE KNOWLES married a college football stud named Daniel Smith. He impregnated her less than a month later. Now they’re divorced.
Six years ago . . . In 2008, Political and political commentator WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY died at the age of 82