Your daily dose of Whatever includes:
- Paula and Robin…no mo’!
- How much does a celeb get for an appearance?…depends who they are!
- Lice are spreading…here’s why!! Ewwwwwwww
Harold Ramis Has Died
HAROLD RAMIS died yesterday, of complications related to an autoimmune disorder. He was 69. He was best known for playing Egon Spengler in the “Ghostbusters” movies, but he also co-wrote them . . . along with “Animal House” and “Caddyshack”, which he directed. He also directed “National Lampoon’s Vacation”, and wrote and directed “Groundhog Day”.
DAN AYKROYD wrote on Facebook: Quote, “Deeply saddened to hear of the passing of my brilliant, gifted, funny friend, co-writer / performer and teacher. May he now get the answers he was always seeking.”
And BILL MURRAY said, quote, “[Harold] and I together did the ‘National Lampoon Show’ off Broadway, ‘Meatballs’, ‘Stripes’, ‘Caddyshack’, ‘Ghostbusters’ and ‘Groundhog Day’. He earned his keep on this planet. God bless him.”
Meanwhile, a shrine popped up outside the New York City firehouse, which was filmed for the exterior shots of the headquarters in “Ghostbusters”. And someone left a packet of TWINKIES there . . . as a reference to the “Big Twinkie” scene from the movie.
Robin Thicke and Paula Patton Have Split . . . and the Woman Robin Groped Wants to Have a Drink with Him
ROBIN THICKE and PAULA PATTON have split after over eight years of marriage. They released a statement saying that they’ve, quote, “mutually decided to separate at this time.” Meanwhile, the woman Robin groped last year says she’d be interested in seeing him again now that he’s available.
It’s unclear what happened, but there have been rumors about the end of their marriage since Robin’s performance with MILEY CYRUS at the “VMAs”, and the photo after the show when he was caught grabbing a woman’s BUTT.
Interestingly enough, that woman is weighing in on the split. She says, quote, “Robin acting like that with me makes me think there were many more. It’s a shame because when you have a kid, it’s upsetting.”
Still, it sounds like she’d be up for more of Robin’s butt-grabbings. She says, quote, “I’d love to grab a drink with him if he asked.”
1. How on Earth does 73-year-old RAQUEL WELCH still look like THIS?
2. 50-year-old VANESSA WILLIAMS still looks insanely hot in a bikini . . . And her 24-year-old daughter Jillian isn’t too bad, either.
3. (NC-17) TYLER BLACKBURN from “Pretty Little Liars” and “Ravenswood” is posting pictures from his vacation in Fiji . . . including a skinny dipping shot of his NAKED BACKSIDE.
5. Aaaand RIHANNA’S in a bikini top again.
6. PAULA DEEN declared herself “back in the saddle” at some event on Sunday, and proved it by riding a guy who was on all fours. Don’t worry . . . he was white.
7. Because I just know you can’t get enough . . . here’s a gallery of CROTCH SHOTS from MILEY CYRUS’ L.A. gig over the weekend.
8. Sexy Video: FERGIE in a bra and panties is a pretty good way to advertise Calvin Kleins.
9. Did you know GEORGE WENDT from “Cheers” is JASON SUDEIKIS’ uncle? Here they are hanging out.
10. BRITNEY SPEARS still isn’t wearing a bra . . . and I’m still not complaining.
11. JARED LETO is looking pretty hot in “Flaunt” magazine.
10 Ridiculous Celebrity Appearance Fees
According to a list of crazy celebrity appearance fees, Beyoncé can command up to $2 million per appearance, while Jay Z gets up to $1.5 million. Cher gets $1.5 million, Christina Aguilera once got $1 million to perform for an HOUR . . . and Vanilla Ice can be yours for $15,000.
Kim Kardashian commands about $50,000 per appearance. And when she turned 30 back in 2010, she reportedly made $500,000 from various clubs over the course of a week.
In 2007, a Las Vegas nightclub paid Lindsay Lohan $350,000 to celebrate her 21st birthday there. She never cashed that paycheck, though, because she went to rehab instead.
He may have had to lower his asking price in recent years, but at the height of his popularity, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino from “Jersey Shore” was getting $50,000.
Cher can be had for a mere $1.5 million.
Mariah Carey was once paid $1 million to perform four songs at an event.
Elton John demands a minimum of $1.5 million to $2 million. Aerosmith is in that same range.
Jay Z can command anywhere from $1 million to $1.5 million per appearance. Beyoncé once got $2 million for a private New Year’s Eve party.
Christina Aguilera once got $1 million to perform for ONE HOUR at a Halloween party. That’s almost $17,000 PER MINUTE.
And finally, if you’re on a tight budget and literally ANY celebrity will do . . . Vanilla Ice will show up for 15-grand.
Five One-Hit Wonder Oscar Winners
Moviefone has put together a list of 10 people who won an Oscar, then never achieved that level of critical acclaim again. It includes Cuba Gooding Jr., Adrien Brody, Jennifer Connelly, Timothy Hutton, and Roberto Benigni.
Cuba Gooding Jr. He won Best Supporting Actor for “Jerry Maguire” in 1997. His credits since then have included “Rat Race”, “Snow Dogs”, and “Boat Trip”. He’s done plenty of serious roles, too, but it hasn’t gotten him back to the Oscars yet.
Adrien Brody. He won Best Actor in 2003 for “The Pianist”, but has failed to impress since then, thanks to “The Village”, the “King Kong” remake and “Predators”.
Jennifer Connelly won Best Supporting Actress for “A Beautiful Mind” in 2002. She hasn’t gotten back into the critics’ good graces since, especially with garbage like Ang Lee’s “Hulk” movie and the boring horror flick “Dark Water”.
Timothy Hutton won Best Supporting Actor for “Ordinary People” in 1981. Since then, he’s stuck to bit parts in smaller films, and five seasons on TNT’s “Leverage”.
Italian actor Roberto Benigni was the darling of the 1999 Oscars, winning Best Actor for “Life is Beautiful”. He followed that up by starring in a “Pinocchio” movie . . . at the age of 50 . . . which was a bad career move that he never recovered from.
Jimmy Fallon Only Spent a Third of his First Week Talking to Guests . . . Is This the End of the Late Night Talk Show?
During his first week hosting “The Tonight Show”, JIMMY FALLON only spent 33% of each show actually TALKING to guests . . . as opposed to JAY LENO’S average of 51%. And his ratings have been great so far. A professor of media studies says Jimmy’s success could inspire his competitors to follow his lead, and change the landscape of late night.
A professor of media studies says Jimmy’s success could inspire his competitors to follow his lead, turning what used to be TALK shows into VARIETY shows.
He says, quote, “Fallon is basically doing ‘Saturday Night Live’ with a short interview segment. To do a talk show, you have to talk, and Fallon doesn’t do too
much of that.”
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “The Voice” [Blind Auditions Part 2] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Glee” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox. “Glee” returns from its winter break with an episode called “Frenemies” . . . with Kurt feeling threatened by Adam Lambert’s role in his band, and Santana getting slapped hard across the face by Rachel.
• “NCIS: Los Angeles” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CBS. “Machete’s” Danny Trejo guests as a retired assassin who’s a suspect in a new murder case.
• “Mind Games” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. Christian Slater and Steve Zahn play brothers who run a firm that specializes in psychological manipulation.
• “Game of Arms” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on AMC. A reality series about competitive arm wrestling. It follows the members of five regional arm wrestling clubs as they work their way towards a tournament in the finale.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show” – Jimmy’s guests are Shaquille O’Neal, Paul Rudd, and Hannibal Buress.
• “Late Night” – Kanye West, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, and Robyn Doolittle, author of “Crazy Town: The Rob Ford Story”.
• “Letterman” – Kat Dennings and animal expert Jack Hanna.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Kevin Spacey, and actor Ansel Elgort (“Divergent”). Music Guest: Benmont Tench from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
• “Carson Daly” – Comedian Matt Fulchiron and a look at the Belgian film “Broken Circle Breakdown”. Music Guest: Sir Sly.
• “Arsenio” – Scott Bakula (HBO’s “Looking” and the upcoming “NCIS” spin-off). Plus: brothers Wood Harris and Steve Harris from “Justified”. Music Guest: R&B singer K. Michelle.
• “Conan” – Michelle Dockery from “Downton Abbey” and actor D.J. Qualls. Music Guest: Schoolboy Q.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Ashton Kutcher.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Sarah Paulson.
• “Jon Stewart” – Physicist Michio Kaku.
• “The Colbert Report” – The band St. Vincent.
“Gravity” is Out on DVD and “Breaking Bad” is Out on Netflix
Here’s what’s new on DVD today:
• “Thor: The Dark World” . . . starring Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston.
• “Gravity” . . . starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
• “Nebraska” . . . starring Bruce Dern and Will Forte.
• “Mr. Nobody” . . . starring Jared Leto as a guy living parallel lives.
Here’s what’s new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• “Breaking Bad’s” fifth and final season.
And for video game releases you’ve got:
• “Thief“ on the Xbox360, XboxOne, PS3, and PS4.
New CDs from The Fray, Beck and Dierks Bentley
• “Helios”, the fourth album by The Fray, with the single “Love Don’t Die”
• “Morning Phase”, the 12th album by Beck, which serves as a “companion piece” to his 2002 album “Sea Change”
• “Overstep”, the fourth solo album from Phish bassist Mike Gordon
• “Blank Project”, the first album by Swedish artist Neneh Cherry in 18 years. Robyn is featured on a track called “Out of the Black”
• “Riser”, Dierks Bentley. Kacey Musgraves sings on the single “Bourbon in Kentucky”. The album is streaming at RollingStone.com.
• “Oxymoron”, Schoolboy Q. His guests include Kendrick Lamar and 2 Chainz.
• “Close to the Glass”, the eighth album by the indie band The Notwist
• “St. Vincent”, the fourth album by St. Vincent
• “Twin Forks”, the debut album by the folk rock band Twin Forks
• “Chasing Twisters”, a five-song EP from the folk rock band Delta Rae
• “Nature Nurture”, Dinosaur Pile-Up
• “Daughter of Everything”, Vertical Scratchers
• “Formula Vol. 2″, Latin singer Romeo Santos
• “Precious Metal”, House of Lords
• “Run River North”, the debut album by Run River North. Check out their sound, here.
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. There are 66 kids hospitalized in the U.S. every DAY for shopping cart injuries.
2. After JANET LEIGH watched herself in the famous shower scene in “Psycho”, she never took another shower . . . she only took baths for the rest of her life.
3. Mosquitoes prefer certain blood types over others. If you’re blood type O, you’re most likely to get bit.
4. Astronauts in space can’t do laundry . . . so dirty clothes from the International Space Station get sent out into space to burn up in Earth’s atmosphere.
5. “Yesterday” by the BEATLES is believed to be the most covered song ever . . . covered more than 3,000 times by everyone from FRANK SINATRA to DAFFY DUCK.
Which Country Had the Worst Olympics? All Signs Point to Kazakhstan
So which country had the WORST Olympics? It looks like it’s Kazakhstan. They sent 52 athletes and only won ONE bronze medal . . . in men’s figure skating. Slovakia sent 63 athletes and only won one medal too, but it was a gold, in women’s sprint biathlon.
1. Kazakhstan, 52 athletes . . . one bronze medal, in men’s figure skating.
2. Slovakia, 63 athletes . . . one GOLD medal, in women’s sprint biathlon.
3. Australia, 60 athletes . . . two silver medals, one bronze.
4. Italy, 113 athletes . . . two silver medals, six bronze.
5. Latvia, 58 athletes . . . two silver, two bronze.
6. Finland, 103 athletes . . . one gold, three silver, one bronze.
7. Japan, 113 athletes . . . one gold, four silver, three bronze.
8. Great Britain, 56 athletes . . . one gold, one silver, two bronze. (Deadspin)
Women Spend Two Weeks a Year Worrying About Their Appearance
According to a new survey, the average woman spends two full weeks a year worrying about her appearance. And the average GUY spends TEN full days a year worrying about his. The body part we worry about the most is our stomach . . . the body part we worry about least is our ankles.
There’s Been a Big Increase in Head Lice . . . Are Selfies to Blame?
Apparently there’s been an increase in HEAD LICE recently among teenagers . . . and one expert says it’s because of SELFIES. Quote, “Now, teens are sticking their heads together every day to take cell phone pics” . . . and that’s spreading lice.
Four Rules For When You Can Expect to Hear Back From Someone After a Call, Text, or Email
HIGHLIGHTS: The website Business Insider put together four new rules for when you can expect to hear back from someone in 2014: If you call someone, expect to hear back in half an hour . . . if you text, expect to hear back within two hours . . . if you instant message, later that same day . . . and if you email, don’t expect to hear back for at least a day.
What Rule Did Your Parents Teach You That No One Else Seems to Follow?
Moviefone Is Going Web-Only
Once upon a time, Moviefone was THE way to get movie listings. You’d call 777-FILM . . . the annoying voice would say, “Hello, and welcome to Moviefone!” . . . you’d say the name of the movie you wanted . . . and they’d recognize it.
And believe it or not, Moviefone is still around. You probably had no idea. But it doesn’t matter, because they just announced they’re getting rid of the phone service to focus on their website and app.
Moviefone is owned by AOL, which paid $388 million for it back in 1999. (Yahoo Finance)
Here’s a Live Stream Showing What Kinds of Porn People Are Searching For
There’s a search engine called PornMD that searches all of the big free porn video sites at once. And they just debuted an amazing new feature that’s both hypnotic and terrifying.
You can actually see a live, real-time stream of what kind of porn people are searching for. It never ends. People just keep searching and it just keeps scrolling. It’s so deviant, even WE don’t recognize some of them. (PornMD)
The Milk Industry Is Retiring Their “Got Milk?” Tagline
Back in 1995, the milk industry started using “Got Milk?” as the tagline in their ads. And it became one of the best-known and most-parodied ad slogans ever. But now, they’ve decided to move on to a new tagline . . . “Milk Life.”
Milk sales dropped about 1% last year, and they say they want a new approach.
“Got Milk?” won’t totally die, though. It’ll still be used in milk ads in California, because the California Milk Processor board originally came up with it. (Ad Age)
Hyundai Is Releasing a New Car Fueled by Poop
I’m not sure it’s wise for Hyundai to associate themselves with POOP . . . they’ve worked really hard to make their brand more prestigious over the past decade.
Hyundai is about to unveil a new prototype car that’s powered by FECES. Specially-treated poop can be used to power an amazing new type of fuel cell in the car . . . no gas needed, just poop.
Of course, until poop treatment centers are all over the place, this probably isn’t practical . . . but one day, maybe we’ll look back on this as a special moment . . . (Autoblog)
A Man Tried to Pay For Valentine’s Day Lunch at Applebee’s With a Trillion Dollar Bill
Back on Valentine’s Day, a 53-year-old man in South Carolina went to Applebee’s for lunch. His debit card was declined, so he offered to pay in cash . . . with a TRILLION DOLLAR BILL. Somehow, the staff figured out it was fake and called the cops. He was arrested for an outstanding contempt of court charge.
James and Oliver Phelps is 28. The redheaded twins who play Ron Weasley’s older brothers, Fred and George, in the “Harry Potter” movies.
Rashida Jones is 38. She just left “Parks and Recreation”. She was also Paul Rudd’s fiancée in “I Love You Man”. She’s the interracial daughter of legendary music producer Quincy Jones and “Mod Squad” minx Peggy Lipton.
Chelsea Handler is 39. Sexy AND funny . . . and way out of your league.
Anson Mount is 41. The star of AMC’s “Hell on Wheels”. He’s also the old man who got to “mount” Britney Spears in her cinematic masterpiece, “Crossroads”.
Justin Jeffre is 41. JJ in 98 Degrees! The one who did NOT have a tattoo, but WAS the biggest flirt! He’s into politics these days and ran for mayor of Cincinnati back in 2005. Sadly, he wasn’t as famous as he thought he was and only received 708 votes.
Julio Iglesias Jr. is 41. Julio’s son and Enrique’s more-talented older brother.
Sean Astin is 43. “Rudy”, Samwise Gamgee in “The Lord of the Rings”, Mikey in “Goonies” and Doug the meathead in “50 First Dates”.
Daniel Powter is 43. The guy who sings that song “Bad Day”.
T.J. Hart is 47. Mattress actress who has starred in 389 fine films, including . . . “Love Potion 69″, “This Butt’s for You” and “Thighs Wide Open”.
Legend has it, she was a member of the 1988 U.S. Olympic women’s swim team. We don’t know whether that’s true, but the 2000 swim team had a woman with a better porno name: MISTY HYMAN. (TRUE . . . but who knew?)
Téa Leoni is 48. She and her admitted sex-addict husband, David Duchovny, seem to have worked things out.
Alexis Denisof is 48. “Buffy” and “Angel” star who now plays a Prince on “Grimm”. That’s also him as the alien in the post-credits scene at the end of “The Avengers”. He’s been married to Alyson Hannigan for 11 years. They have two kids.
Nancy O’Dell is 48. Gorgeous “Entertainment Tonight” minx.
CARROT TOP is 49. Comedic genius . . . with the fire down below.
Kurt Rambis is 56. Goofy glasses-wearing L.A. Laker from the ’80s glory days.
Ric Flair is 65. Pro wrestling LEGEND. “The Nature Boy”! WOOO!
Karen Grassle is 72. Caroline Ingalls on “Little House on the Prairie”.
Sally Jessy Raphael is 79. I’d still nail her, but only if she kept the red glasses on.
Jim Backus (1913 – 1989) The Millionaire, Thurston Howell the Third on “Gilligan’s Island”, AND the Voice of “Mr. Magoo”!
Sam Goody (1904 – 1991) Record store founder. Real Jewish name: Samuel Gutowitz.
George Harrison (1943 – 2001) For years, people believed his birthday was on February 25th . . . Then, in 1994, George declared it was actually yesterday, the 24th. No one knows for sure!
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 5 days to the Oscars
• 12 days to Daylight Savings
• 20 days to St. Patrick’s Day
• 35 days to April Fool’s Day
• 38 days to “Captain America 2″
• 1,060 days left of “Hope and Change”
178 years ago . . . In 1836, Inventor SAMUEL COLT patented his revolver.
144 years ago . . . In 1870, Hiram R. Revels of Mississippi became the FIRST BLACK MEMBER OF THE U.S. SENATE when he was sworn in to serve out the un-expired term of Jefferson Davis.
95 years ago . . . In 1919, Oregon became the first evil state to TAX GASOLINE. Did you know, you’re not allowed to pump your own gas in Oregon? New Jersey, either. Weird . . . but TRUE.
57 years ago . . . In 1957, BUDDY HOLLY & THE CRICKETS recorded what would become their first hit . . . “That’ll Be The Day”.
50 years ago . . . In 1964, Seven-to-one underdog CASSIUS CLAY beat SONNY LISTON to claim the World Heavyweight Boxing title. After the fight, Clay shouted, “I shocked the world!” The next day he announced that he had converted to the Muslim faith and changed his name to MUHAMMAD ALI.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, NATALIE COLE’S “Unforgettable” won Record of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year at the 34th Annual Grammy Awards. Other big winners were BONNIE RAITT, R.E.M. and mullet-master MICHAEL BOLTON.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, PAULA COLE won the Grammy for Best New Artist . . . BOB DYLAN won Best Album and Best Contemporary Folk Album for “Time Out Of Mind” . . . SHAWN COLVIN won Song AND Record of the Year for “Sunny Came Home”.
OL’ DIRTY BASTARD interrupted the show to complain about losing the rap award to PUFF DADDY . . . and a shirtless dude with the words SOY BOMB painted on his chest jumped on stage during Bob Dylan’s performance.
9 years ago . . . In 2005, the BTK Killer, DENNIS RADER, was captured by Wichita Police and the FBI. He was sentenced to 10 consecutive life sentences six months later.
Three years ago . . . In 2011, PRESIDENT OBAMA presented STEVE WONDER with America’s highest award for pop music, the Library of Congress’ Gershwin prize.