Your daily dose of Whatever includes:
- Your very last Olympic tidbits!
- Miley kissed a girl at her concert…and liked it!
- What’s something you’re good at…but wish you weren’t.
Russia Won More Gold Medals Than Us . . . But Only Because an American Snowboarder Raced for Russia This Year
Russia won more medals than any other country at the Olympics this year. And they also won the most gold. But only because an American snowboarder named Vic Wild became a Russian citizen and raced for THEM. If he’d raced for us, we would have TIED Russia in gold medals. Instead, Russia finished with 13 gold, and we finished with 9 gold. Overall, they had 33 medals and we were second with 28.
Here’s the final medal count from Sochi.
1. Russia with 33 medals . . . 13 gold, 11 silver, and 9 bronze.
2. The United States with 28 medals . . . 9 gold, 7 silver, and 12 bronze.
3. Norway with 26 medals . . . 11 gold, 5 silver, and 10 bronze.
4. Canada with 25 medals . . . 10 gold, 10 silver, and 5 bronze.
5. The Netherlands with 24 medals . . . 8 gold, 7 silver, and 9 bronze.
After That Russian Figure Skater Surprisingly Won Gold, One of the First People She Hugged Was . . . One of the Judges?
Over the weekend, 17-year-old Adelina Sotnikova of Russia won the gold medal in women’s figure skating . . . and pulled off an upset win over Yuna Kim from South Korea. But then, one of the first people Adelina was caught on camera hugging was . . . one of the JUDGES. Now people are crying foul.
And after Adelina won the gold, one of the first people she ran up to hug was . . . one of the JUDGES.
The judge was Alla Shekhovtseva, from Russia . . . who happens to be married to the guy who RUNS Russia’s figure skating program. All the judges’ scores are anonymous, so we don’t know for sure what Alla did . . . but something clearly seems off.
And fans around the world definitely think so. In the wake of what happened, more than TWO MILLION people worldwide have signed a petition on Change.org to remove anonymity from figure skating judging.
Three Olympic Randoms
1. The Winter Olympics are way more wipe-out friendly than the Summer Olympics. And you can check out a gallery of the worst ones on People.com. Just Google “The Gnarliest Wipeouts at the 2014 Winter Olympics.”
2. We’ve got to give Russia credit on this. Remember during their opening ceremonies when only four of the five Olympic rings lit up properly?
3. Canada won the gold medal in hockey, and while it would’ve been nice if the U.S. hadn’t fallen apart against them in the semis . . . that medal CLEARLY means a lot more to the Canadians.
A screenshot is going around of one of the busiest highway stretches in Toronto from during the game.
Miley Cyrus Tried to Make Out With Katy Perry During One of Her Concerts
KATY PERRY showed up for the MILEY CYRUS gig in Los Angeles on Saturday night . . . and Miley called her up to the edge of the stage for a lip lock.
Ironically, it seemed to be Katy who was a little uncomfortable with the girl-on-girl kiss. It looked like Miley was trying to bury some tongue in Katy’s mouth, but Katy pulled away. (Here’s video.)
Katy Perry Got Booed At a Fashion Show When She Told Photographers to Shut the [Eff] Up
KATY PERRY walked the runway at a fashion show in Milan, Italy this past Thursday . . . and was BOOED by photographers after she told them, quote, “You’re all going to get your picture, so shut the [eff] up.” (Here’s video. WARNING!!! Profanity.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. BEYONCÉ just about busted out of her top during a gig in Glasgow.
2. KATE STOLTZ from “Breaking Amish” did a lingerie photo shoot. (Scroll down for the gallery.)
3. RIHANNA posted some pictures of herself in a bikini . . . in the snow.
4. JESSICA ALBA and TOPHER GRACE are the godparents of JAIME KING’S kid.
5. OPRAH WINFREY took her very first selfie . . . with IDRIS ELBA.
6. KENDALL JENNER has shown us her nipples several times since she turned 18. Now she has unveiled her CAMEL TOE.
9. When JANUARY JONES was 9, she had a mullet and looked like a boy.
10. Here’s a gallery of celebrities Photoshopped to look chubby.
Is Snooki Pregnant Again?
The “New York Post” says SNOOKI is pregnant again. She’s supposedly a few months along, but wasn’t saying anything because it might torpedo some appearances she had lined up.
Snooki already has a one-year-old son named Lorenzo with her fiancé Jionni LaValle.
Did Miley Cyrus Really Say Young Children Should Be “More Risqué”?
According to the not-always-reliable British tabloids, MILEY CYRUS had this to say recently . . . quote, “I don’t understand what most girls are wearing today. I find it boring. “Why don’t younger children try to be more risqué. I like it when you find a style that can be your own personal style.”
Miley is still trying to convince us that her tour is “educational”. She says, quote, “I want this to be a pretty high-end tour. I want it to be like good art.
“And I am excited to go to places where people are usually not exposed to too much good art. It can be a good education for the kids who come to my concert. I want to show people that music can not only be entertaining but educational as well.”
And Now . . . Justin Bieber’s Mom Is Singing
Because one Bieber on the charts isn’t enough: JUSTIN BIEBER’S mom PATTI MALLETTE is a singer now.
We don’t know if she actually wants a CAREER . . . but Justin posted a quick video of his mom at the microphone, with the caption, quote, “Got my moms courage enough to get in the booth for the first time. She sounds so good.”
Meanwhile, Justin released a song of his own this weekend. It’s called “Broken”, and it seems to be about how he’s not going to CRACK under pressure like everybody wants him to. (Check it out here.)
“The LEGO Movie” Holds Onto #1 and Gets a Sequel
1. “The LEGO Movie”, $31.5 million. Up to $183 million in its 3rd week
2. (NEW) “3 Days to Kill”, $12.3 million.
3. (NEW) “Pompeii”, $10 million.
4. “RoboCop”, $9.4 million. Up to $43.6 million in its 2nd week.
5. “The Monuments Men”, $8.1 million. Up to $58.1 million in its 3rd week.
6. “About Last Night”, $7.4 million. Up to $38.2 million in its 2nd week.
7. “Ride Along”, $4.7 million. Up to $123 million in its 6th week.
8. “Frozen”, $4.4 million. Up to $384 million in its 14th week.
9. “Endless Love”, $4.3 million. Up to $20.1 million in its 2nd week.
10. “Winter’s Tale”, $2.1 million. Up to $11.2 million in its 2nd week.
The Best and Worst Disney Songs
1. “I Won’t Say (I’m In Love)” from “Hercules” (1997)
2. “Reflection” from “Mulan” (1998)
3. “I’m Wishing” from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” (1937)
4. “Colors of the Wind” from “Pocahontas” (1995)
5. “Be Our Guest” from “Beauty and the Beast” (1991)
And here are the five worst . . .
1. “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo” from “Cinderella” (1950)
2. “A Guy Like You” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” (1996)
3. “True to Your Heart” from “Mulan” (1998)
4. “Let’s Sing a Gay Little Spring Song” from “Bambi” (1942)
5. “Never Smile at a Crocodile” from “Peter Pan” (1953)
67% of Us Haven’t Seen Any of the Movies Nominated for Best Picture
According to a new survey, 67% of Americans haven’t seen ANY of the nine movies nominated for Best Picture at this year’s Oscars. “Captain Phillips” was the most-watched . . . 15% have seen it.
Nine movies have been nominated: “American Hustle”, “Captain Phillips”, “Dallas Buyers Club”, “Gravity”, “Her”, “Nebraska”, “Philomena”, “12 Years a Slave” and “The Wolf of Wall Street”.
NBC Is Bringing “Heroes” Back for 13-Episodes
NBC is bringing “Heroes” back for a 13-episode limited run sometime next year. They’re calling it “Heroes Reborn” . . . and it sounds like it’ll be a spin-off.
The network won’t discuss the storyline, other than to say it’s, quote, “shrouded in secrecy” . . . but we do know it’ll involve a new cast of characters, and that some of the show’s former stars may “pop back in” for cameos.
The original series ran from 2005 to 2010. It was a sensation in its first season . . . but interest in the show declined sharply as it went on. But apparently, NBC thinks there may be some more meat on the bone.
(Here’s a 20-second teaser for “Heroes Reborn” that NBC aired during the Olympics over the weekend.)
Jennifer Lopez Will Star on an Upcoming NBC Cop Drama
There’s no shortage of cop dramas on TV . . . but there’s not one that stars JENNIFER LOPEZ. That’s about to change.
NBC is developing a show called “Shades of Blue”, which will star J-Lo as “a single mother and detective, who’s recruited to work undercover for the FBI’s anti-corruption task force.” It’s set to premiere in the fall of next year.
Monday TV Reminders:
• “The Voice” [6th Season Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Shakira and Usher are this season’s judges.
Cee-Lo announced last week that he won’t be back as a judge . . . EVER.
• “Dallas” [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TNT.
• “The BET Honors” . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on BET. Wayne Brady hosts. The honorees are Aretha Franklin, Ice Cube, and the late Nelson Mandela.
• “RuPaul’s Drag Race” [6th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Logo.
• “Private Lives of Nashville Wives” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TNT. It includes the hot wives of country singers Bryan White and Dallas Davidson, plus one of the twin blondes is married to Mavericks singer Raul Malo.
Sarah Davidson, who’s also blonde, is trying to start her own singing career.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “The Tonight Show” – Jimmy’s guests are Reese Witherspoon, Seth Meyers’ bandleader Fred Armisen, and Rick Ross.
• “Late Night” – Seth Meyers takes over as host. His first guests are Amy Poehler, Vice President Joe Biden, and A Great Big World.
• “Letterman” – Kaley Cuoco, Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr., and The Fray.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Liam Neeson, animal expert Dave Salmoni, and Josh Groban.
• “Carson Daly” – David Walton (NBC’s “About a Boy”) and Jade Catta-Preta from the web series “Daddy Knows Best“. Music Guest: The Boston duo You Won’t.
• “Arsenio” – LL Cool J from “NCIS: Los Angeles”, Jesse Williams from “Grey’s Anatomy”, and a spoken word performance by Prentice Powell.
• “Conan” – Jonah Hill, Lupita Nyong’o, and the John Butler Trio.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Zooey Deschanel and Vera Farmiga.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Julianne Moore.
• “Jon Stewart” – Journalist Hooman Majd.
• “The Colbert Report” – Darlene Love talks about “20 Feet from Stardom”, a documentary about the lives of background singers.
The Average Person Puts on Pajamas at 9:11 P.M., and Only 5% of Women Wear Something Sexy to Bed
According to a new survey, only 5% of women wear anything sexy to bed. The most common thing they wear is an old t-shirt. The most common thing MEN wear to bed are boxers and a t-shirt. The survey also found the average person gets into their pajamas at 9:11 P.M.
The Seven Things Women Hate Most About Moving in With a Guy
According to the website “Female First”, the top five things women dread about moving in with a guy are: Being seen in non-sexy underwear, passing gas in front of him for the first time, not having enough privacy in the bathroom, catching him looking at porn, and having to confess that you have toys for self-pleasuring.
The Ten Things Men Own That Women Love to Throw Away
According to a recent survey, the top things men own that women LOVE to throw away include old clothes, dirty magazines, sports memorabilia, old CDs she doesn’t like, and fitness equipment he doesn’t use.
What’s Something You’re Good at But Wish You Weren’t?
What’s something you’re good at but wish you weren’t? Some of the best ones we’ve heard are making people feel like crap with just one comment . . . online stalking . . . lying . . . not crying . . . and gaining weight.
Five Random Facts For Monday
1. Trey Parker and Matt Stone thought Mormons might hold protests outside of theaters showing “The Book of Mormon” . . . instead, the Mormon church decided to embrace the publicity and bought ads in the playbills.
2. In 2000, ABBA allegedly turned down ONE BILLION DOLLARS to reunite because it would’ve involved playing 250 shows in 100 cities . . . and they didn’t want to do all that work.
3. There’s a spider in Brazil called the Brazilian wandering spider. If it bites you, it can cause you an ERECTION that lasts for hours . . . and can even cause future erectile problems.
4. There were movies that made a fortune in 1992, including “Aladdin”, “The Bodyguard”, and “Wayne’s World”. But the most profitable movie was . . . “3 Ninjas”. It cost less than $2.5 million and made almost 12 times that, $29 million.
5. It’s legal to own an elephant in Nevada. You don’t even need a permit.
A Guy Tipped a Waitress $6,600 Help Pay for College . . . But She Was Lying and Not Even Enrolled
On Valentine’s Day, a waitress in Florida told a customer about her tough childhood and how she was trying to put herself through college. And he ended up tipping her $6,600 to help. But last week, he found out she isn’t even enrolled at the school. And when she stopped returning his calls, he cancelled the checks.
A Woman Called 911 Because a Restaurant Didn’t Properly Cook Her Waffles
The Tampa police just released a recording of a woman calling 911 last month . . . to report she’d been served UNDERCOOKED WAFFLES. The restaurant wouldn’t take them off the bill, so she called 911 to sort it out. The dispatcher ended up sending a cop . . . there’s no word how things turned out.
Dallas Police Had a Six-Hour SWAT Standoff . . . With an Empty Apartment
: Last week, police in Dallas got a 911 call from a 25-year-old woman who said she’d been beaten and sexually assaulted by a group of men . . . who were barricaded in an apartment. After a SIX-HOUR standoff, a SWAT team finally busted in . . . and found it was EMPTY. Police are still trying to sort out what happened.
Abe Vigoda is 93 and a LIVING GOD!
Trace Cyrus is 25. Miley’s heavily tattooed older brother . . . and Demi Lovato’s ex.
Wilson Bethel is 30. Wade Kinsella on “Hart of Dixie”.
Floyd Mayweather is 37. Arguably the best pound for pound boxer in the world. Just ask him.
Chad Hugo is 40. The Filipino one in the Neptunes. Interesting Fact: He met Pharrell in the HIGH SCHOOL BAND in Virginia Beach . . . he was on sax, Pharrell was on drums.
Billy Zane is 48. The a-hole in “Titanic”. He shaves his head and is actually BALD . . . and all throughout “Titanic” . . . he wore a wig.
Sammy Kershaw is 56. Country superstar who used to nail Lorrie “Whorrie” Morgan . . . ANYTIME HE WANTED TO!
PAULA ZAHN is 58. Sexy star of “On the Case with Paula Zahn” on the extremely popular cable channel Investigation Discovery. She’s also a classically trained CELLIST! I’d LOVE to be that cello! Do you think Paula Zahn straddles any other instruments between her legs?
Sharon Kane is 58. Old-school mattress actress who has starred in 1010 fine films, including . . . “Ass Clowns“, “She-Male Instinct”, “Semper Bi”, “Romancing the Bone”, “Geranalmo”, “Backdoor Bunnies”, and “GILTF 9″!
Debra Jo Rupp is 63. Lifelong character actress who’s best known for her role as Kitty Forman, the mom on “That 70s Show”. Before you had any idea who she was, she played Tom Hanks’ secretary in “Big”. That was all the way back in 1988.
RUPERT HOLMES! is 67. “ESCAPE (THE PINA COLADA SONG)”!
Edward James Olmos is 67. The first American-born Latino ever to get an Academy Award nomination, for “Stand and Deliver”. He lost to Dustin Hoffman for “Rain Man”. He used to nail “Sopranos” psychiatric minx Lorraine Bracco, real good.
Barry Bostwick is 69. The Mayor from “Spin City” . . . but your reefer-smoking uncle might also remember him as Brad Major in “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”!
Paul Jones is 72. Manfred Mann singer on “Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do”.
Joseph Lieberman is 72. Jewish.
Mitch Hedberg (1968 – 2005) Comedy’s Kurt Cobain.
Steve Jobs (1955 – 2011) He would have been 59.
George Harrison would have been 71. (1943 – 2001) For years, people believed his birthday was on February 25th . . .
. . . Then, in 1994, George declared it was actually today, the 24th. No one knows for sure! Why, it’s a magical birthday mystery! Ohhh, YOU STFU!
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 6 days to the Oscars
• 13 days to Daylight Savings
• 21 days to St. Patrick’s Day
• 36 days to April Fool’s Day
• 39 days to “Captain America 2″
• 1,061 days left of “Hope and Change”
193 years ago . . . in 1821 - MEXICO declared its independence from honky Spain! A round of Chiclets for me and my amigos!
128 years ago . . . in 1886 – THOMAS EDISON married 19-year-old Mina Miller in Akron, Ohio. They were the first couple to enjoy ONLINE SEX CHATS.
94 years ago . . . in 1920 – A little German political party held its first meeting of importance in Munich; it became known as the NAZI PARTY, and its chief spokesnut was one ADOLF HITLER.
92 years ago . . . in 1922 – BLUEBEARD, whose real filthy French name was Henri Landru, was executed in France. He was a con artist who would charm women, take their money, then kill them.
He was said to have conned over 300 women and was convicted of murdering 10 females and one hairless boy.
38 years ago . . . in 1976 – THE EAGLES’ “GREATEST HITS” became the FIRST album in the U.S. certified Platinum for selling one million copies.
33 years ago . . . in 1981 - Buckingham Palace announced the engagement of PRINCE CHARLES to LADY DIANA SPENCER.
23 years ago . . . in 1991 – “Hollywood Squares” superstar GEORGE GOBEL died after heart surgery at the age of 71.
22 years ago . . . in 1992 - KURT COBAIN married a succubus. He and COURTNEY LOVE entered into the bonds of holy matrimony . . . and SHOCKINGLY . . . Kurt killed himself two years later.
22 years ago . . . in 1992 – While on the air, GERALDO RIVERA had fat cells from his butt-cheeks implanted into his wrinkled forehead.
11 years ago . . . in 2003 - TOMMY CHONG’S BONG BUSINESS GOT RAIDED BY THE FEDS.
Eight years ago . . . in 2006 - DON KNOTTS and DENNIS WEAVER both died at the age of 81. They both died of complications from cancer.
. . . Don Knotts won FIVE Emmys for playing Barney Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show” and he eventually played landlord Ralph Furley on “Three’s Company”.
. . . Dennis Weaver played Chester on “Gunsmoke”, the dad on “Gentle Ben” and Marshal Sam McCloud on “McCloud”.
Six years ago . . . in 2008 – FIDEL CASTRO resigned as president of Cuba. His brother Raul Castro is now in charge.
Three years ago . . . in 2011 – The space shuttle Discovery launched for the final time.