Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Jennifer Lawrence and Eight Other Celebrities Guys Would Take Home to Mom
JENNIFER LAWRENCE tops a poll of celebrities guys would like to take home to their mothers. For some reason, that list also includes Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Swift.
According to a Yahoo poll, JENNIFER LAWRENCE is the female celebrity most guys would want to take home to their mothers.
For some reason the list only goes up to NINE, and it includes three definite head-scratchers:
Drug-loving twerk-fiend MILEY CYRUS . . . shoe-gazing home-wrecker KRISTEN STEWART . . . and serial monogamist (slash) ex-girlfriend-from-Hell TAYLOR SWIFT.
Here’s the list . . .
1. Jennifer Lawrence
2. Selena Gomez
3. Taylor Swift
4. Demi Lovato
5. Nina Dobrev
6. Miley Cyrus
7. Shailene Woodley from “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”
8. Kristen Stewart
9. Vanessa Hudgens
27 Female Celebrities and What They Really Weigh
Radar Online has put together a list of the SUPPOSED real weights of female celebrities. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN is the lightest on the list at 95 pounds, and ADELE is the heaviest at 197 pounds.
Mila Kunis, 115 pounds and 5-foot-2
Kim Kardashian, 117 pounds and 5-foot-2
Khloe Kardashian, 165 to 170 pounds and 5-foot-9
Kourtney Kardashian, 95 pounds and 5 feet even
Adele, 197 pounds and 5-foot-9
Blake Lively, 130 pounds and 5-foot-10
Rihanna, 137 pounds and 5-foot-8
LeAnn Rimes, 113 pounds and 5-foot-5
Lady Gaga, 107 pounds and 5-foot-1
Hayden Panettiere, 117 pounds and 5-foot-2
Taylor Swift, 120 to 125 pounds and 5-foot-10
Angelina Jolie, 130 pounds and 5-foot-7
Jessica Alba, 118 pounds and 5-foot-5
Mary-Kate Olsen, 95 pounds and 5-foot-2
Olivia Wilde, 123 to 127 pounds and 5-foot-7
Sofia Vergara, 125 pounds and 5-foot-7
Lea Michele, 113 pounds and 5-foot-2
Selena Gomez, 125 pounds and 5-foot-5
Katy Perry, 130 pounds and 5-foot-8
Britney Spears, 125 pounds and 5-foot-4
Jennifer Hudson, 127 pounds and 5-foot-9
Christina Aguilera, 128 pounds and 5-foot-2
Zoe Saldana, 115 pounds and 5-foot-7
Beyoncé, 130 pounds and 5-foot-7
Nicki Minaj, 140 pounds and 5-foot-4
Ali Lohan, 98 pounds and 5-foot-9
Amanda Bynes, 114 pounds and 5-foot-8
Does Justin Bieber Ask Girls If They Want to Be “Biebered”?
The not-always-reliable “Star” magazine claims that JUSTIN BIEBER has been testing out a new pickup line. Supposedly, he’s been walking up to girls and asking them if they want to be “BIEBERED”.
A source says, quote, “His friends thought it was hilarious, but to Justin it’s not a joke . . . he thinks he’s so incredible in the bedroom that it’s a privilege for girls to get with him.”
Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel Are Splitting Up
One of America’s most treasured taboo interracial relationships is coming to an end. TAYE DIGGS and IDINA MENZEL are getting divorced after 10 years of marriage. They have a 4-year-old son named Walker.
Their reps said, quote, “They have jointly decided to separate at this time. Their primary focus and concern is for their son. We ask that you respect their privacy during this time.”
George Clooney Won’t Deny That He’s Gay . . . Because He Doesn’t Want to Insult Gays
Even though GEORGE CLOONEY bounces from one hot woman to another, the Internet still likes to spread gay rumors about him.
In the new issue of “Esquire U.K.”, George says, quote, “[A headline read] ‘George Clooney’s Gay-Gay-Gay.’ And I said, ‘I’m gay-gay. The third one’s pushing it.'”
But Clooney doesn’t want to deny the rumors because, quote, “that’s flat out insulting to the gay community.”
Ellen Degeneres Ripped Into the Tabloids . . . For Saying Her Marriage to Portia de Rossi Was “Crumbling”
On her show yesterday, ELLEN DEGENERES tore into the tabloids for saying that her marriage to PORTIA DE ROSSI was “crumbling”. She started out jokey, but then it got serious.
She said, quote, “There’s not one ounce of truth to any of it. I’m very happily married. In fact, the only thing we ever argue about is who loves who more. That is all. It really is true.”
And she told viewers that if there’s anything they ever need to know, she’ll announce it on her show first. (Here’s some video of the rant.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
2. KIM KARDASHIAN shows off her post-baby bikini body in “Us Weekly”.
3. ASHTON KUTCHER Tweeted a picture of himself kissing MILA KUNIS under a neon sign at Sun Studios in Memphis.
4. (NC-17) For some reason, LADY GAGA did a photo shoot where she’s completely naked, tied up and hung upside-down from the ceiling.
5. It turns out celebrities’ faces are just as imperfect as ours when you see them up close.
6. And now . . . PEYTON MANNING rehabs his ankle while watching game film on his iPad and wearing his helmet. (???) This was during a Broncos practice, and Peyton kept his helmet on so he could hear what was happening on the field.
Here Comes the Kanye West Grammy Outrage
During his show Tuesday night, KANYE WEST complained about only getting two Grammy nominations. He said, quote, “So when the Grammy nominations come out and ‘Yeezus’ is the top one or two album on every single list, but only gets two nominations from the Grammys. What are they trying to say? Did they think that I wouldn’t notice?”
Oprah Never Wanted Kids, Because She Knew They Would Hate Her
OPRAH WINFREY has revealed why she never wanted kids . . . quote, “If I had kids, my kids would hate me. They would have ended up on the equivalent of the ‘Oprah’ show talking about me; because something [in my life] would have had to suffer and it would’ve probably been them.”
Was Paul Walker Killed By Those Little Raised Dots on the Road?
Accident reconstruction experts are supposedly saying PAUL WALKER’S fatal crash could have been caused by those little raised dots on the road. Apparently, because the Porsche he was killed in is basically just built for speed, it has trouble handling even minor changes in the roadway, and those dots caused it to hydroplane.
Baseball is Banning Collisions at Home Plate
Major League Baseball’s rules committee voted yesterday to eliminate home-plate collisions. The rule will take effect either next year or the year after. PETE ROSE isn’t cool with this. He says, quote, “What are they going to do next, you can’t break up a double play? . . . What’s the game coming to?”
The Biggest Disappointments in Movies and TV
Buzzfeed.com has put together a list of the Biggest Disappointments of the Year in movies and TV. They include “The Great Gatsby”, “Man of Steel”, “Under the Dome” and “The Walking Dead”.
“Star Trek Into Darkness”
“Man of Steel”
“The Great Gatsby”
“Only God Forgives”
“The World’s End”
“The Fifth Estate”
“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
“The Walking Dead”
“Under the Dome”
“Low Winter Sun”
“Super Fun Night”
YouTube’s Top Trending Music Videos of 2013
YouTube has released its Top Trending Music Videos of 2013, and PSY’S “Gangnam Style” follow-up, “Gentleman”, is #1. Coming in second is Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”.
1. “Gentleman“, Psy . . . with nearly 600 million views
2. “Wrecking Ball“, Miley Cyrus . . . with nearly 400 million views
3. “We Can’t Stop“, Miley Cyrus . . . with over 305 million views
4. “Roar“, Katy Perry . . . with 255 million views
5. “Just Give Me a Reason“, Pink featuring Nate Ruess . . . 237 million views
6. “Blurred Lines“, Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell . . . with 232 million views. But if they’d counted the 53 million views that the UNRATED version got on Vevo then perhaps this would have been ranked #4.
7. “Stay“, Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko . . . with 219 million views
8. “Naughty Boy“, La La La featuring Sam Smith . . . with 203 million views
9. “Come and Get It“, Selena Gomez . . . with 183 million views of the official video and an additional 30 million views on the audio only version.
10. “Wake Me Up“, Avicii . . . with 187 million views
YouTube’s Top Trending Viral Videos of 2013
YouTube has (also) released its Top Trending Viral Videos of 2013 . . . and YLVIS’ outstanding “What Does the Fox Say?” video scored the top spot. Coming in second is the original army edition of “Harlem Shake”.
1. Ylvis’ video for “The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)“
2. The original army edition of “Harlem Shake“
3. “How Animals Eat Their Food“ . . . that silly video where some guy dramatically shows his friend how various animals . . . well . . . eat their food.
4. The “Chatroulette” version of Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball“
5. “Baby & Me“ . . . that goofy Evian water commercial where people see themselves as babies in a store window
6. Volvo Trucks’ “The Epic Split“, featuring Jean-Claude Van Damme
7. The Lonely Island’s “YOLO“ video, with Adam Levine and Kendrick Lamar
8. The “Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise“ . . . that hidden camera stunt where they freaked out some people in a coffee shop to promote the new “Carrie” movie.
Tom Hanks Wasn’t Allowed to Smoke as Walt Disney in “Saving Mr. Banks”
TOM HANKS wasn’t allowed to smoke as WALT DISNEY in “Saving Mr. Banks” . . . even though Disney was a heavy smoker who died of lung cancer. Hanks says it’s because it would have made the movie R-rated. A producer says the Disney corporation told them they couldn’t show Walt smoking.
12 Shows That Went on Way Too Long
Salon.com has thrown together a list of 12 Shows That Went on Way Too Long, and it includes: “Californication”, “Entourage”, “Frasier”, “The Simpsons” and “The X-Files”.
1. “Californication” (Seven Seasons)
2. “Entourage” (Eight Seasons)
3. “Will & Grace” (Eight Seasons)
4. “The King of Queens” (Nine Seasons)
5. “Frasier” (11 Seasons)
6. “Weeds” (Eight Seasons)
7. “Nip/Tuck” (Six Seasons)
8. “Glee” (Five Seasons and Counting. Series creator Ryan Murphy has said that “Glee” would end after its sixth season, in the spring of 2015.)
9. “Grey’s Anatomy” (10 Seasons and Counting)
10. “The Simpsons” (25 Seasons and Counting)
11. “The Office” (Nine Seasons)
12. “The X-Files” (Nine Seasons)
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “Thursday Night Football” [7th Season Finale] . . . 8:25 to 11:25 P.M. Eastern on the NFL Network. The Denver Broncos host the San Diego Chargers.
• “The X Factor” [Results] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox. Jennifer Nettles and Enrique Iglesias perform.
• “The Sing-Off” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC. The remaining eight groups perform their favorite chart-topping hits.
• “The Crazy Ones” . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on CBS. Ashley Tisdale guest stars.
• “The Michael J. Fox Show” . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Sting guest stars.
• “Impractical Jokers” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TruTV.
• “Lilyhammer” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . Midnight on Netflix.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Julia Roberts. Music Guest: Glen Hansard.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Carey Mulligan (“Inside Llewyn Davis”) and Scott Foley (“Scandal”). Music Guest: Jeff Campbell.
• “The Tonight Show” – Kevin Hart (“Grudge Match”) and Brooklyn Decker (“Friends with Better Lives”). Music Guest: Chris Young.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Emma Thompson (“Saving Mr. Banks”) and James Marsden (“Anchorman 2″). Music Guest: Kelly Clarkson.
• “Carson Daly” – Comedian Scott Aukerman. Music Guest: Robbie Fulks.
• “Arsenio” – ESPN radio NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith. Music Guest: B.o.B.
• “Conan” – Adam Levine (“The Voice”) and Tim Conway for his book “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life”. Music Guest: Lee Ranaldo.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Jason Schwartzman (“Saving Mr. Banks”) and Alexis Knapp (“Ground Floor”).
• “Chelsea Lately” – Idris Elba (“Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”).
• “Jon Stewart” – Evangeline Lilly (“The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Author George Packer (“The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America”).
The Peak Time for Holiday Fighting Is 3:18 P.M. on Christmas Day . . . Plus the Top Eight Things We Fight About
A new survey pinpointed the EXACT time when fighting over the holidays is at its peak. And it happens at . . . 3:18 P.M. on Christmas Day. The top things we fight about include the TV remote, dirty dishes, cheating at board games, and bad Christmas presents.
The Top 10 Gifts Men and Women Don’t Want For Christmas
A new survey has come up with the top gifts men and women don’t want for Christmas. The top three for men are socks, a bad sweater, and books they’ve already read. The top three for women are cheap perfume, cheap jewelry, and make-up that isn’t right for them.
“Time” Magazine’s Person of the Year Is . . . Pope Francis
“Time” magazine just announced their Person of the Year. And it’s . . . POPE FRANCIS. They chose him for his work to make the Catholic Church more modern, welcoming, and compassionate. The runner-up was EDWARD SNOWDEN, the guy who leaked the NSA spying documents.
The Sign Language Interpreter at Mandela’s Memorial Was Fake, and Just Moving His Hands Around Randomly
There was a sign language interpreter on stage at NELSON MANDELA’S memorial on Tuesday, signing what the world leaders were saying. The only problem is . . . he was a COMPLETE FAKE. He wasn’t signing, he was just moving his hands around randomly. No one’s quite sure how he managed to get hired.
Your Soul Mate Lives Less Than 41 Miles Away
According to a new study, the average person who’s met their SOUL MATE found they lived within 41 miles of the person when they met. Only 16% of people said distance was an issue when they first met their soul mate.
People Named Jack and Natalie Have the Most Sex
This isn’t really scientific . . . but a new study has found the names associated with the most and least sex. Men named Jack and women named Natalie have the most sex, an average of at least three times a week. Men named Alan and women named Jillian have the LEAST sex, an average of once a month or less.
The Top 10 Things We Absolutely Hate . . . But Completely Rely On
What’s something you HATE . . . but completely rely on? Some of the most common answers are: Internet and cell phone providers . . . condoms . . . the sound of your alarm clock . . . politicians . . . and your job.
Here are 10 of the most common answers . . .
1. Internet and cell phone providers.
3. The sound of your alarm clock.
4. Transportation systems . . . flying, the bus, taking the train.
6. The health care system.
8. Sleep. Imagine what you could do with eight more hours a day.
10. Your job.
Telemarketers Are Now Using Robots That Sound Like People . . . and Deny Being Robots If You Ask
Apparently some telemarketing companies are switching to robots that don’t SOUND robotic . . . they sound like real people. And if you ASK if they’re a robot, they’re programmed to DENY IT. There’s no word on how many companies have switched to the new system though.
For Sale: A Giant Bank Vault Filled With Gold Coins You Can Swim In
There’s a vault in Switzerland filled with eight million coins that’s up for auction. And they say it’s perfect for SWIMMING in . . . just like SCROOGE MCDUCK in “Duck Tales”. The coins alone are worth about $450,000, so expect the vault to cost a LOT. If you want to bid, you have to sign up at something called James Edition so they can check you out.
The Top 10 Most Overused Business Buzzwords of 2013
LinkedIn just released their list of 2013’s most OVERUSED business BUZZWORDS . . . so try to avoid these when you’re putting together your resume to get a new job. The top five are: Responsible, strategic, creative, effective, and patient.
Google Auto-Corrected a Guy’s Search and Added the Word “Bomb” . . . So He Was Investigated by the Government and Fired from His Job?
A guy in Virginia named Jeffrey Kantor claims that in 2009, he tried to Google the phrase, “How do I build a radio-controlled airplane.” But Google auto-corrected it to, “How do I build a radio-controlled BOMB.” Then the government INVESTIGATED him, and he ended up losing his job. He’s currently suing several branches of the federal government for $59 million.
A Woman Gets Trapped in the Office Bathroom for Eight Hours, and Has to Chisel a Hole Through the Wall, “Shawshank” Style
Last Friday night, a woman in Washington D.C. got trapped in her office bathroom when the door locked behind her. She didn’t have her phone, and it took her EIGHT HOURS to figure out a way out. She finally used a rod to CHISEL through the wall, “Shawshank Redemption” style, to reach the handle.
A Coffee Place in France Is Charging Different Amounts Depending on How Polite You Are
A coffee place in France has started a new plan where they’ll charge you different amounts depending on how POLITE you are. If you say hello and please, a coffee is $1.95. If you only say please without hello, it’s $5.85. And if you don’t say hello OR please, it’s $9.65.
Erica Dahm – 36 (One-third of the “Dahm Triplets” who Jay “Son of Phil” McGraw gets to nail ANYTIME HE WANTS TO! Let’s have another look at the triplets, shall we?) (CAREFUL JEDI . . . FULL-ON TRIPLET NUDITY LIES AHEAD!)
MAYIM BIALIK! – 38 (BLOSSOM on “Blossom” . . . AND . . . a featured performer on “Circus of the Stars #14″! She was also a friendly lesbian on an episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm”. Now she’s on “The Big Bang Theory”.)
Hank Williams the Third – 41 (Country punk son of Hank Williams, Jr. Hank-Three LOVES the reefer.)
Jennifer Connelly! – 43 (Minx from “A Beautiful Mind”, “Hulk” and “Blood Diamond”, AND the young minx in David Bowie’s 1986 movie “Labyrinth”! She’ll play Russell Crowe’s wife in next year’s “Noah”.)
Mädchen Amick – 43 (Christian Slater’s gorgeous wife on the short-lived series “My Own Worst Enemy”. Back in the day she played Shelly on “Twin Peaks”. Now she’s on Lifetime’s “Witches of East End”.)
Christi Lake – 49 (Mattress actress who has starred in 231 fine films . . . including “Dial P for Pink”, “Philmore Butts Taking Care of Business”, “My Horny Valentine”, “Sleeping Booty”, AND “POCAHOTASS”!)
Eric Schenkman – 50 (Spin Doctors guitarist. Their biggest album is 1991’s “Pocket Full of Kryptonite” . . . featuring “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong” and “TWO PRINCES”.)
“I Used To Be” Susan Powter – 56 (Annoying motivator [slash] fitness expert. “Stop the Insanity”!)
SHEILA E. – 56 (Biggest Hit: “The Glamorous Life”.)
Bill Nighy – 64 (Davy Jones in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies, Viktor in the “Underworld” films, and Shaun’s stepfather in “Shaun of the Dead”. He was also HILARIOUS as over-the-hill rock star Billy Mack in “Love Actually”.)
Dickey Betts – 70 (Former Allman Brothers guitarist who wrote their hits “Jessica” and “Rambling Man” . . . both of which have made their way to the plastic guitar world. He was booted from the band in 2000 due to his supposed substance abuse problems.)
Dionne Warwick – 73 (Singer, psychic friend, tax cheat, large nostrils, Whitney Houston’s cousin, loves the reefer.)
Connie Francis – 75 (Biggest Hits: “Where the Boys Are” . . . and ROCK BOTTOM!) (Real Ethnic Name: Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero.)
Bob Barker – 90 (Retired “Price Is Right” stud who STILL gets more trim than you.)
Ed Koch – Would have been 89 – (1924 – 2013) (Former New York City mayor and “People’s Court” judge.)
Frank Sinatra – (1915 – 1998)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 1 day to “The Hobbit: Part 2″
• 13 days until Christmas
• 52 days until Super Bowl 48
• 57 days to the Winter Olympics
• 64 days to Valentine’s Day
• 1,135 days left of “Hope and Change”
191 years ago . . . in 1822 – MEXICO WAS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED AS AN INDEPENDENT NATION BY THE U.S.
114 years ago . . . in 1899 – Dr. George Grant, a black dentist from Boston, Massachusetts, PATENTED THE GOLF TEE! Before that, golfers teed off from a mound of sand.
56 years ago . . . in 1957 – JERRY LEE LEWIS MARRIED HIS 13-YEAR-OLD COUSIN, Myra Gale Brown, while he was still married to his first wife.
(In the Deep South, marriage to a 13-year-old cousin wasn’t considered especially outrageous or extraordinary . . . but BIGAMY was, and it hit the fan! Jerry Lee Lewis was denounced by moralists across the U.S. and the scandal nearly ended his career.)
56 years ago . . . in 1957 – A Portland, Oregon, DJ (Al Priddy of KEX) was fired for playing ELVIS PRESLEY’S awesome version of “White Christmas” . . . because the station manager thought it was sacrilegious.
50 years ago . . . in 1963 – “John Fitzgerald Kennedy: A Memorial Album” became the FASTEST-SELLING RECORD of all time, by selling four million copies in six days. (I guess you could say it went to #1 . . . WITH A BULLET.) (Too soon?)
46 years ago . . . in 1967 – “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner” was released, starring SPENCER TRACY and KATHARINE HEPBURN as a couple of parents whose beliefs are challenged when their daughter brings home her interracially taboo fiancé, the mantastic SIDNEY POITIER.
It was remade as “Guess Who” in 2005 . . . where the races were reversed . . . and BERNIE MAC’S black daughter brought home honky ASHTON KUTCHER.
39 years ago . . . in 1974 – “The Godfather: Part 2″ was released. It won the Oscar that year for Best Picture. (That made it the first sequel to win Best Picture. “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” is the only sequel to win it since.)
39 years ago . . . in 1974 – Guitarist MICK TAYLOR left the ROLLING STONES after five years. When he joined the band, he was a non-smoking, non-drinking vegetarian. (When he left, he was a heroin addict. RON WOOD was later recruited as his replacement.)
38 years ago . . . in 1975 – SARA JANE MOORE stated that she had willfully tried to kill PRESIDENT GERALD FORD. She was serving a life sentence at a caged heat prison in Pleasanton, California, but she was released on parole in 2007.
33 years ago . . . in 1980 – “Stir Crazy” was released . . . starring geniuses GENE WILDER and RICHARD PRYOR in a prison comedy, as a couple of chumps framed for a bank robbery.
27 years ago . . . in 1986 – “The Golden Child” was released . . . starring EDDIE MURPHY. (All you have to say when someone brings up this movie is “I, I, I want the knife.” It’s the best part of the movie and the only thing anyone remembers about it. Here’s video.)
26 years ago . . . in 1987 – “Fraggle Rock” debuted on NBC!
22 years ago . . . in 1991 – RICHARD GERE married CINDY CRAWFORD. They divorced in 1995.
8 years ago . . . in 2005 – YOUNG BUCK pleaded no contest to an assault with a deadly weapon charge for stabbing a guy who’d punched Dr. Dre at the Vibe Awards. (As part of his plea bargain, he got three years of felony probation and 80 hours of community service but NO prison time.)
7 years ago . . . in 2006 – PETER BOYLE . . . who played Frank Barrone on “Everybody Loves Raymond” and the monster in the Mel Brooks comedy “Young Frankenstein” . . . died at the age of 71.