Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
The 10 Christmas Songs People Look Forward to Most . . . and the 10 They Wish Would Go Away
A new survey asked people what Christmas song they most look FORWARD to hearing . . . and which ones they wish would GO AWAY. “Silent Night” is the one most people LIKED . . . and “Jingle Bells” the one most people DISLIKED.
Here are the Top 10 Holiday Songs People Look Forward to Hearing:
1. “Silent Night”
2. “White Christmas”
3. “Jingle Bells”
4. “O Holy Night”
5. “Little Drummer Boy”
6. “The Christmas Song”
7. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”
8. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”
9. “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer” (???)
10. “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”
Here are the Top 10 Holiday Songs People Wish Would Go Away:
1. “Jingle Bells”
2. “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer”
3. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”
4. “The Twelve Days of Christmas”
5. “White Christmas”
6. “Silent Night”
7. “Jingle Bell Rock”
8. “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”
9. “Frosty the Snowman”
10. “Alvin and the Chipmunks’ ‘The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)’”
“Little Drummer Boy” and “Feliz Navidad” made the Top 10 in last year’s survey. They were replaced by “Frosty the Snowman” and “The Chipmunk Song” this year.
The 17 Best Songs of 2013 . . . According to the “Huffington Post”
1. “New Slaves”, Kanye West
2. “Royals”, Lorde
3. “Get Lucky”, Daft Punk
4. “Young & Beautiful”, Lana Del Rey
5. “Chum”, Earl Sweatshirt
6. “Clarity”, Zedd
7. “Beach Is Better”, Jay Z
8. “Recover”, Chvrches
9. “Bring the Noize”, M.I.A.
10. “Closer”, Tegan & Sara
The 10 Best Movies of the Year
: The Huffington Post has dropped its list of the year’s best movies. They put “American Hustle” at the top, followed by “Gravity”, “Inside Llewyn Davis” and “Before Midnight”.
1. “American Hustle”
3. “Inside Llewyn Davis”
4. “Before Midnight”
5. “Captain Phillips”
6. “12 Years a Slave”
7. “The Spectacular Now”
8. “Short Term 12″
10. “Frances Ha”
Random Year-End Lists:
1. The Year’s Biggest Career Crashes.
2. The Year’s Biggest Scandals.
3. The Year’s Biggest NUDE Scandals.
4. The Year’s Breakout Stars.
5. And a List of Musical Performers Who Stormed off the Stage This Year.
Britney Spears Wants a Baby Girl So She Won’t Feel “As Alone in the World Anymore”
BRITNEY SPEARS wants another baby . . . and not surprisingly, it’s for selfish reasons. She says, quote, “I would really like to have another baby, a girl. I think she would be like a mini-me.
“I think it’s going to be crazy. I’m not going to feel as alone in the world anymore. I’m going to feel like I have a second person, like, that’s me.”
Britney has two sons, 8-year-old Sean and 7-year-old Jayden. Their father is INTERNATIONAL RAPPING AND DANCING SENSATION KEVIN FEDERLINE.
Taylor Lautner Is Not Nailing Kristen Stewart
We heard a silly rumor that TAYLOR LAUTNER was nailing KRISTEN STEWART. Well, now we know it’s not true. Because Taylor is still dating Marie Avgeropoulos . . . an actress he met on the set of his upcoming movie “Tracers”.
They were linked a few months ago, and this past weekend they were spotted snuggling at the JAY Z concert in L.A. (Here’s a picture.)
Kate Winslet Gave Birth to a Baby Boy
KATE WINSLET shot a brand new little boy out of her baby hatch on Monday. There’s no word yet on his name.
The boy’s father is the nephew of billionaire RICHARD BRANSON. He calls himself NED ROCKNROLL. In fact, he legally changed his name to that. And yet Kate married and reproduced with him anyway. She’s 38, he’s 35.
Kate now has three children with three different husbands. But she is above judgment because she has an Oscar.
Simon Cowell’s Baby Will Be Named Simon
It looks like SIMON COWELL and Lauren Silverman really are naming their son Simon. A so-called “insider” who was at Lauren’s baby shower says, quote, “There were baby clothes and little games all personalized with the name ‘Simon’.
“From what everyone, including Lauren, was saying, they are 100% naming their son Simon. Initials for baby Simon were everywhere.”
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. And now . . . GISELE BUNDCHEN breastfeeds her daughter while getting her hair and makeup done.
2. NAYA RIVERA in a sports bra and yoga pants? I’m in.
3. “Bachelor”SEAN LOWE’S intended, CATHERINE GIUDICI, showed off her bikini body . . . and it turns out she has a slight, and very sexy, candy-coating. Not to mention very voluptuous all-natural cans.
4. We’re going to go ahead and assume that the Christmas photo MENA SUVARI and her boyfriend released is INTENTIONALLY cheesy.
5. During the NELSON MANDELA memorial in South Africa, PRESIDENT OBAMA posed for a selfie with British Prime Minister DAVID CAMERON and Denmark’s VERY SEXY PM HELLE THORNING-SCHMIDT.
6. SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR and MALIN AKERMAN both sat on Santa’s lap at an event over the weekend.
7. VANESSA HUDGENS posted a flashback bikini photo from a Jamaican vacation.
8. CHANNING TATUM and JENNA DEWAN hit the beach with their new baby.
9. AMANDA BYNES rode the Matterhorn at Disneyland the other day.
10. Sexy Video: There was some twerking and booty-popping backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
And here’s TAYLOR SWIFT closing out the show with “I Knew You Were Trouble”.
Demi Lovato Couldn’t Go 30 Minutes Without Cocaine
When DEMI LOVATO was hooked on cocaine, she was SERIOUSLY hooked. During a recent interview she said, quote, “I couldn’t go 30 minutes to an hour without cocaine and I would bring it on airplanes.
“I would smuggle it basically and just wait until everyone in first class would go to sleep and I would do it right there. I’d sneak to the bathroom and I’d do it.
“And that was even with [a] sober companion, somebody who was watching me 24/7 and living with me. I was able to hide it from them as well.”
Lindsay Lohan is Not Being Investigated in the Beating of Paris Hilton’s Brother
Miami police say LINDSAY LOHAN is NOT being investigated in the beating of PARIS HILTON’S brother BARRON over the weekend.
A police spokesman says, quote, “Lindsay Lohan’s name was never mentioned. If she had orchestrated it, we would have been told. And we didn’t receive that information on the scene.”
There are reports that Barron is no longer pursuing charges . . . and one source says it’s because someone who was at the party threatened to release photos that show the whole thing was his fault.
19 Movies That Came Out After a Star’s Death
James Gandolfini: “Enough Said” and the upcoming “Animal Rescue”.
Cory Monteith: “McCanick” and “All the Wrong Reasons”.
Clark Gable: “The Misfits”.
Spencer Tracy: “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner”.
Whitney Houston: “Sparkle”.
Heath Ledger: “The Dark Knight” and “The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus”.
Bruce Lee: “Enter the Dragon”.
James Dean: “Giant”.
Aaliyah: “Queen of the Damned”.
John Ritter: “Bad Santa”.
Tupac Shakur: “Gridlock’d” and “Bullet”.
Brandon Lee: “The Crow”.
Bernie Mac: “Soul Man” and “Old Dogs”.
Phil Hartman: “Small Soldiers”.
Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on “Ride Like the Wind”
WILL FERRELL is coming seriously close to OVER-hyping “Anchorman 2″. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people are planning to NOT see the movie because they’re so sick of the massive promotional machine.
But I think this might bring a few people back from the brink: It’s Ron Burgundy and ROBIN THICKE teaming up on a cover of the ’80s YACHT ROCK classic “Ride Like the Wind” by Christopher Cross.
Robin does most of the singing, with Ron making idiotic comments throughout. And it’s pretty funny. (Check it out here.)
“The Sound of Music Live!” Almost Beat Football in the Ratings . . . And “Bonnie & Clyde” Also Did Well
“The Sound of Music Live!” almost beat football in the ratings with just under 19 million viewers. The mini-series premiere of “Bonnie & Clyde” did great with 9.8 million viewers. And the Christmas specials are out in force: “Christmas in Rockefeller Center” drew 9.7 million viewers . . . and the “CMA Country Christmas” and “SNL Christmas” each got 7.4 million viewers.
1. “Sunday Night Football”, NBC, 19.1 million viewers. The New Orleans Saints beat the Carolina Panthers, 31-13.
2. Carrie Underwood’s “The Sound of Music Live!”, NBC, 18.6 million viewers.
3. “The Big Bang Theory”, CBS, 15.6 million viewers.
4. “Monday Night Football”, ESPN, 15.5 million viewers. The Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints, 34-7.
5. “The OT”, Fox, 14.6 million viewers.
6. “Big Ten Championship Football”, Fox, 13.9 million viewers. Michigan State upset Ohio State, 34-24.
7. “NCIS”, CBS, 12.6 million viewers.
8. Tuesday’s results episode of “The Voice”, NBC, 12.1 million viewers.
9. Monday’s performance episode of “The Voice”, NBC, 12 million viewers
10. “The Blacklist”, NBC, 11.7 million viewers.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• “Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Tale”. . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Kelly Clarkson performs songs off her new album as she and her guests act out their own humorous version of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”.
Her guests include Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire, Trisha Yearwood, Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg, William Shatner, Danica Patrick, and Heidi Klum.
• “Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse” [3rd Season Finale] . . . 9:30 P.M. on OWN.
• “Jim Rome on Showtime” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 10:00 P.M. on Showtime.
• “Rodeo Girls” [Series Premiere] . . . 11:00 P.M. on A&E. Jean-Claude Van Damme’s ex-wife Darcy LaPier is one of five female barrel racers traveling the rodeo circuit.
• And the 1965 holiday classic “A Charlie Brown Christmas” airs tonight at 6:00 p.m. on Canada’s YTV. They’ve shared a list of fun facts to celebrate. And you can check out their holiday programming schedule for the rest of the month here.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Emma Thompson (“Saving Mr. Banks”) and Josh Groban reads the Top Ten List. Music Guest: Nick Lowe.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Bradley Whitford (“Saving Mr. Banks”) and Ryan Seacrest. Music Guest: Mac Miller.
• “The Tonight Show” – Tyler Perry (“A Madea Christmas”), Ken Jeong (“Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Tale”), and The Head and the Heart.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Joaquin Phoenix (“Her”) and Candice Bergen. Music Guests: Iron & Wine and Calexico.
• “Carson Daly” – Director Steve McQueen (“12 Years a Slave”) and a look at the web series “SRSLY“. Music Guest: Jenny O.
• “Arsenio” – Kelly Rowland (“The X Factor”) and comedienne Luenell.
• “Conan” – Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”) and George Takei (“Takei’s Take“). Music Guest: John Legend.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Comedian Jim Gaffigan.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Kathy Griffin.
• “Jon Stewart” – Author Reza Aslan (“Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Novelist Elizabeth Gilbert (“The Signature of All Things”).
9% of People Aren’t Looking Forward to the Holidays, 2% Hate Spending Christmas With Their Family, and More
What are you looking forward to the most and least over Christmas? 52% say their favorite thing is spending time with their family and friends . . . 2% say that’s their LEAST favorite thing . . . only 2% say getting presents is their favorite thing . . . 18% are looking forward to EVERYTHING . . . and 9% say they’re not looking forward to ANYTHING.
What Would You Do If You Got an Extra Paycheck as a Holiday Bonus? Here Are the Top Five Answers
: What would you do if you got an entire extra paycheck as a holiday bonus? According to a new survey, 28% of us would use it to pay bills, 26% would buy more presents for their family, 23% would save it, 7% would spend it on everyday expenses, and only 5% would buy something for themselves.
11% of Men Will Wear Make-Up to a Christmas Party This Year?
According to a new survey, 11% of men plan on wearing MAKE-UP to a Christmas party this year. Of those men, 70% will wear concealer and 34% will use fake tanner.
The Best Time to Take a Photo at a Party Is Two Hours and 36 Minutes After It Starts
A new study has figured out the EXACT best moment to take a photo at a party . . . when everyone’s settled in and comfortable, but before they’re all drunk and sloppy. And it is . . . two hours and 36 minutes after the party officially starts.
Opposites Attract . . . But Ultimately Make Horrible Couples Who End Up Hating Each Other
According to a study by eHarmony, opposites initially attract . . . but ultimately make horrible couples who end up hating each other. At first, people are drawn to someone different than them. But over time, once you settle in as a couple, your opposite personalities clash HARD.
A First Grader Is Suspended and Accused of Sexual Harassment . . . For Kissing a Girl on the Hand
A six-year-old first grader in Colorado has been SUSPENDED from school . . . for kissing a girl on the hand. The girl was okay with it, but the school says it violates their no-kissing policy . . . so the boy will also have a mark on his permanent record for SEXUAL HARASSMENT.
What’s the Greatest Accomplishment That You Can’t Put on Your Resume?
What’s your greatest accomplishment that you CAN’T put on your resume? Some of the best ones we’ve heard are a woman who made $10,000 selling erotic short stories online . . . a guy who went an entire weekend without getting up off the couch . . . and a guy who clogged a toilet so badly it had to be replaced.
A Man Named Sam Sung Is No Longer Working For Apple
This guy was always on borrowed time. At an Apple Store in Vancouver, British Columbia, there was an employee whose name was . . . Sam Sung. Yes, just like Apple’s biggest competitor in the smartphone world.
Anyway, his card surfaced online last year and became a minor viral sensation. But according to a report, he’s no longer working for Apple . . . and hasn’t been for several months now. He probably should’ve seen that coming.
The Top Kitten Names For 2013 Are Bella and Oliver
A website called VetStreet has revealed the top names for KITTENS in 2013. For girls, the top five are: Bella, Lucy, Kitty, Luna, and Chloe. For boys, the top five are: Oliver, Max, Tiger, Charlie, and Simba.
Hailee Steinfeld – 17 (She was nominated for an Oscar for “True Grit”. Recently she was Petra Arkanian in “Ender’s Game” and she played Juliet in the latest adaptation of “Romeo and Juliet”.)
Nikki Benz – 32 (Ukrainian born mattress actress who has starred in 189 fine films . . . including “Undercover Operations: Special Agent 69″, “Money Hole”, “Lipstick, Lingerie and Lesbians” and “Strap-on Sally 20, 21 AND 22″!)
Rider Strong – 34 (Shawn Hunter on “Boy Meets World”.)
Rey Mysterio Jr. – 39 (High flying masked Hispanic rassler.)
Mos Def – 40 (Intelligent urban troubadour and up-and-coming actor from “Bamboozled”, “The Italian Job”, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”, “Something the Lord Made”, and the HI-larious “Be Kind Rewind”, with Jack Black.)
MO’NIQUE! – 46 (Dee-lish-us Nubian BBW. She was the BIG star of the Mighty UPN’s “The Parkers” . . . she played the evil spy Cherry in “Beerfest” . . . and she was AMAZING in the very serious role as the abusive mom in “Precious”.)
Gary Dourdan – 47 (He WAS green-eyed Nubian stud Warrick Brown from “CSI”. Last year he filed for bankruptcy, even though he makes about $15,000 a month in “CSI” royalties.)
Nikki Sixx – 55 (Averagely hung bassist for Motley Crue. Nikki may not be strapped like Tommy Lee, but he LOVES to perform the tongue-i-lingus.) (Real Ethnic Name: Frank Carlton Serafino Ferrana.)
Rita Moreno – 82 (The “Original” Puerto Rican Mamacita! She’s one of only 10 people to win all four major entertainment awards . . . the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar AND Tony . . . otherwise known as the EGOT.)
JERMAINE JACKSON! – 59 (TITO’S BROTHER! He petitioned to have his name changed to Jermaine JACKSUN.)
Teri Garr – 66 (“Tootsie”, “Mr. Mom”, “Young Frankenstein” AND Phoebe’s real mom on “Friends”.)
Brenda Lee – 69 (’60s singing sensation. Biggest hits: “I’m Sorry” AND “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”. She’s also the only female artist to be in both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame AND the Country Music Hall of Fame.)
John Kerry – 70 (Very boring Secretary of State.)
DONNA MILLS! – 73 (Naughty Abby on “Knots Landing”!)
David Gates – 73 (Lead singer of Bread! Some of their classic jams include . . . “Make It With You”, “It Don’t Matter To Me”, “If”, “Baby I’m-A Want You”, “Everything I Own” and “Lost Without Your Love”.)
Walter Knott – (1889 – 1981) (Founder of Knott’s Berry Farm, the great line of jams and the nation’s first theme park. Walter Knott is also responsible for naming the BOYSENBERRY . . . after the man who created it, Rudolph Boysen.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to “The Hobbit: Part 2″
• 14 days until Christmas
• 53 days until Super Bowl 48
• 58 days to the Winter Olympics
• 65 days to Valentine’s Day
• 1,136 days left of “Hope and Change”
294 years ago . . . in 1719 - The first recorded sighting of the AURORA BOREALIS took place in New England. I think Flock of Seagulls wrote a song about it back in the ’80s. Remember the ’80s?!? I DO!!!
62 years ago . . . in 1951 - JOE DIMAGGIO announced his retirement from baseball. DiMaggio retired with 2,214 career hits. His greatest “hit”? MARILYN MONROE!!! IT’S 7:10!!!
49 years ago . . . in 1964 – (Old School R&B Felony – #1) Amazing singer SAM COOKE took a 22-year-old woman back to his L.A. hotel room, a 22-year-old woman who WAS NOT his wife. She said he tried to force sex on her, so she ran out of the room when he was in the bathroom.
(Sam Cooke barged into the hotel manager’s office, thinking the woman was hiding there. He assaulted manager Bertha Franklin . . . and she shot and killed him. The great Sam Cooke was only 33.)
41 years ago . . . in 1972 - (Old School R&B Felony – #2) JAMES BROWN was arrested after a show in Knoxville, Tennessee, and charged with “disorderly conduct”.
33 years ago . . . in 1980 - “MAGNUM, P.I.”, starring short shorts-wearing TOM SELLECK, debuted on CBS.
32 years ago . . . in 1981 - MUHAMMAD ALI fought his 61st and final fight, losing to Trevor Berbick. He finished his career 56-5 with 37 knockouts.
31 years ago . . . in 1982 – THE ’80S CLASSIC, “MICKEY”, BY TONI BASIL HIT #1! (Before that, she played a PROSTITUTE in the 1969 biker classic, “Easy Rider”.) (Her real ethnic name is Antonia Christina Basilotta.)
28 years ago . . . in 1985 - The “SUPER BOWL SHUFFLE“, by the CHICAGO BEARS SHUFFLIN’ CREW, was released! I MISS JIM MCMAHON! (???)
13 years ago . . . in 2000 – Thanks to nothing more than hard work, a strict moral code and unflagging integrity, En fuego Latino shortstop and former Madonna playtoy ALEX RODRIGUEZ agreed to a $252 MILLION deal with the Texas Rangers, by far the most lucrative contract with any peen-chee sports team.
10 years ago . . . in 2003 – AC/DC’S album “Back In Black” became the second-best selling album of all time (selling around 42 MILLION copies worldwide), right behind Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”.
4 years ago . . . in 2009 - TIGER WOODS announced he was taking an indefinite leave from professional golf to try to save his marriage to Elin Nordegren. (They divorced in 2010. And judging by the way Tiger has been playing since, I’d say he’s STILL on leave.)