Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Scarlett Johansson is “Esquire” Magazine’s Sexiest Woman Alive for the Second Time in Seven Years
SCARLETT JOHANSSON has been named “Esquire” magazine’s Sexiest Woman Alive . . . making her the first woman to win the title TWICE. She also got it back in 2006. Last year’s winner was MILA KUNIS.
Cameron Diaz . . . Is Benicio Del Toro Hittin’ That?
BENICIO DEL TORO gave it to SCARLETT JOHANSSON in an elevator . . . then he gave a BABY to ROD STEWART’S daughter KIMBERLY. And now, he might be mashing genitalia with CAMERON DIAZ.
The not-always-reliable British tabloids say Benicio and Cameron went to a restaurant opening together in New York City the other night, and were trying a little too hard to NOT look like a couple.
A source says Benicio, quote, “attempted to go unnoticed as he strolled along slightly behind Cameron and her assistant, keeping his head down in a bid to avoid photographers.”
Did Richard Gere Try to Nail One of His Wife’s Friends?
The “National Enquirer” says that RICHARD GERE pushed his soon-to-be ex-wife CAREY LOWELL over the edge by TRYING TO NAIL ONE OF HER FRIENDS.
Apparently, this woman put CHICKS before . . . well, something that RHYMES with “chicks” . . . and told Carey that Richard tried to mack on her. She also told Carey that Richard had done this to OTHER friends of theirs. That’s when Carey told him she wanted out.
Did Demi Lovato Sleep With a Female Australian DJ?
There’s a rumor going around that DEMI LOVATO had an affair with a FEMALE Australian DJ named RUBY ROSE. Ruby addressed the rumor on Twitter, saying, quote, “Think I’ll take a few days off social media while [Demi’s] friends attack me for being a ‘scorned ex-lover.'” Then she added that she was, quote, “the one person Demi has slept with that didn’t sell naked photos of her.”
Is This a Picture of Justin Bieber Smoking Pot?
There’s a picture going around the Internet that MIGHT depict JUSTIN BIEBER smoking pot. And there’s a girl sitting next to him that a lot of people think is Nickelodeon star ARIANA GRANDE. (Check it out here.)
One of Simon Cowell’s Bands TP’ed His House to Wish Him a Happy Birthday
FIFTH HARMONY . . . a girl band SIMON COWELL signed after they appeared on “X Factor”, toilet papered some trees outside his house to wish him a happy birthday.
They also left a sign that said, quote, “Happy 87th Birthday Simon!” (Check out a picture here.)
Kanye West Has to Stay 10 Yards From the Photographer He Assaulted . . . But He Doesn’t Have to Take Anger Management Classes
A judge has ordered KANYE WEST to maintain a distance of 10 yards from the photographer he assaulted at LAX this summer.
Prosecutors also wanted Kanye to attend anger management classes as a condition of his parole, but for some reason, the judge didn’t think he needed them.
On a related note, KIM KARDASHIAN secretly filmed the paparazzi while she was sitting in her car at Target . . . and she posted some pictures online. (Check ’em out here.)
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “The Voice” [Best of the Blinds] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Carson Daly hosts this recap of all the “best of the blind” auditions.
• “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox. “Law & Order: SVU’s” Dean Winters guest stars as special-crimes detective “Vulture”.
• “Supernatural” [9th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on the CW.
• “Ink Master” [3rd Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Spike TV.
• “The Mindy Project” . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Glenn Howerton from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” guest stars as a lawyer.
• “Chicago Fire” . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Mena Suvari begins a multi-episode guest stint as a public relations expert who’s a friend of EMT Dawson.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. John Legend and Jason Biggs (“Orange Is the New Black”).
• “Criss Angel BeLIEve” [Sneak Peek] . . . 11:00 P.M. to Midnight on Spike TV. Criss Angel offers this teaser leading into next week’s series premiere which allows viewers the chance to go behind the scenes of how illusions are put together.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Chiwetel Ejiofor (“12Years a Slave”) and fitness trainer Bob Harper (“The Biggest Loser”). Music Guest: “The Voice’s” Cassadee Pope.
• “Good Morning America” – Long distance swimmer Diana Nyad, Jessica Seinfeld for her cookbook “The Can’t Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!”, and the latest “Dancing with the Stars” rejects.
• “CBS This Morning” – Founder and CEO of SBE Sam Nazarian.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Sarah Michelle Gellar (“The Crazy Ones”) and Jessica Seinfeld for her cookbook “The Can’t Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!”.
• “The View” – Chiwetel Ejiofor and Lupita Nyong’o (“12Years a Slave”), Christie Brinkley and her daughter Sailor Brinkley Cook, plus the latest “Dancing with the Stars” rejects. Jesse Ventura co-hosts.
• “Rachael Ray” – Organizational expert Peter Walsh.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Kate Hudson for her new sportswear line “Fabletics”. Music Guests: Steve Martin and Edie Brickell.
• “The Talk” – Suzanne Somers for her book “I’m Too Young for This!: The Natural Hormone Solution to Enjoy Perimenopause”. Carnie Wilson co-hosts.
• “Katie Couric” – LL Cool J (“NCIS: Los Angeles”) and illusionist Criss Angel (Spike TV’s “Criss Angel BeLIEve”).
• “Steve Harvey” – Easy and affordable ways to improve a man’s fashion choices, plus tips for saving money while having family fun.
• “Dr. Phil” – “Munchausen Mom”. Two mothers discuss what it’s like having Munchausen syndrome, a mental illness in which they injure themselves and faking being sick to get attention.
• “Dr. Oz Show” – “Long Island Medium’s” Theresa Caputo and thyroid disease.
• “Wendy Williams” – Radio personality Robin Quivers for her book “The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life”, “People Stylewatch” magazine editor Kate Dimmock, and celebrity blogger Perez Hilton.
• “Bethenny” – Sarah Shahi (“Person of Interest”), Elizabeth Hurley for the Estée Lauder Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign, comedian Kevin Nealon, and Terrence J for his book “The Wealth of My Mother’s Wisdom”.
• “Queen Latifah Show” – Peter Krause (“Parenthood”) and Terry Crews (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”). Music Guest: Lizzie Sider.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Michael Fassbender (“12 Years a Slave”) and “SNL’s” Seth Meyers. Music Guest: Amos Lee.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Emily VanCamp (“Revenge”). Music Guest: Elton John.
• “The Tonight Show” – Snooki and JWoww, plus Billy Crystal for his book “Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?”. Music Guests: Toni Braxton and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Miley Cyrus.
• “Carson Daly” – “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder and a look at the Steve Carell film “The Way, Way Back”. Music Guests: Grimes. (REPEAT)
• “Arsenio” – Chandra Wilson (“Grey’s Anatomy”) and James Caan (“Back in the Game”). Music Guest: Thompson Square.
• “Conan” – Diego Luna (“Elysium”) and Lisa Kudrow (“Web Therapy”). Music Guest: Florida Georgia Line. (REPEAT)
• “Craig Ferguson” – Sarah Michelle Gellar (“The Crazy Ones”), Guillermo Diaz (“Scandal”) and comedian Nick Cobb.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Christina Applegate.
• “Jon Stewart” – Author Malala Yousafzai (“I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Paul Giamatti (“Parkland”).
Today’s CDs Include New Music from Cassadee Pope, Kenny Rogers, Pusha T, Korn, Alter Bridge, and Miley Cyrus
• “Ponder the Mystery”, a prog rock album by the great William Shatner. It includes The Shat collaborating with Steve Vai, Edgar Winter, Doors guitarist Robby Krieger, a couple guys from Yes, and even country singer Vince Gill.
• “Bangerz”, the fourth album from Miley Cyrus. In addition to “Wrecking Ball“, it includes collaborations with Britney Spears on “SMS (Bangerz)”, Big Sean on “Love Money Party”, Nelly on “4×4″, and French Montana on the track “FU”.
• “Frame by Frame”, the solo debut from Cassadee Pope . . . who won the third season of “The Voice”. Before Blake encouraged her to embrace country music, she sang in a pop band called Hey Monday. They only released one album, about five years ago.
• “The Paradigm Shift”, the 11th album from Korn . . . and their first in 10 years to again feature Brian “Head” Welch. He left the band eight years ago, after he found God.
• “Fortress”, the fourth album from the rock band Alter Bridge
• “Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!”, the fourth disc by Panic! at the Disco
• “Common Courtesy”, A Day To Remember. They’ve been in a dispute with their label and just got approval from a judge on Friday that cleared them to release the album. It’ll be available digitally through their site, and they’ll do a physical disc later.
(Here’s a video of the band making that announcement during a concert. But be CAREFUL, it’s laced with uncensored profanity.)
• “High Rise”, a five-song EP from the Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington
• “Lousy With Sylvianbriar”, the 12th album from the indie rock band Of Montreal
• “Melophobia”, the third album from the rock band Cage the Elephant
• “Back To Forever”, the second album from Lissie. RollingStone.com is streaming it.
• “Echoes from the Underground”, the seventh album by alt rockers Vertical Horizon
• “Monsters in the Closet”, the fourth album from the alt rock band Mayday Parade. Billboard.com is your hook up for the full album stream.
• “Bitter Rivals”, the third album from the “shred-pop” duo Sleigh Bells. RollingStone.com has the exclusive album stream.
• “When The Night”, the debut album from the synth-pop band St. Lucia. The entire album is streaming now at VH1.
• “We Need Medicine”, The Fratellis. The third album from the Scottish rock band who took their name from the crooks in “The Goonies”. Check out their sound on YouTube.
• “The Speed of Things”, the second album by the pop band Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
• “Lucid”, the fifth album by R&B singer Lyfe Jennings. You’ll find the full album stream at ThisIsRNB.com.
• “My Name is My Name”, Pusha T. His guests include Kelly Rowland, Pharrell, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Chris Brown, Jeezy, The-Dream, Rick Ross, and Kendrick Lamar.
New CD Releases (continued)
• “You Can’t Make Old Friends”, Kenny Rogers. The title track is a new duet with Dolly Parton. It’s been 30 years since their “Islands in the Stream” duet. They talk about it at the beginning of the official video for “You Can’t Make Old Friends“.
• “Crickets”, the eighth album from Joe Nichols. It includes the hit “Sunny And 75″ . . . plus a cover of Merle Haggard’s “Footlights”.
• “Made to Last”, the fourth album from country duo Joey + Rory. It includes 12 songs from the current season of “The Joey + Rory Show” currently airing on RFD-TV.
• “Mountains Of Sorrow, Rivers Of Song”, the fifth album by Amos Lee. His guests include Alison Krauss and Patty Griffin.
• “Silver Bell”, Patty Griffin. A “lost” album that was recorded in 2000. It wasn’t released then, but two of the songs, “Top of the World” and “Truth #2″, were covered by the Dixie Chicks. Patty’s version of “Truth #2“ features Emmylou Harris on harmony.
• “Christmas In My Heart”, Gretchen Wilson. It features three new songs, plus classics like “Silent Night”, “Blue Christmas”, and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”.
• “The Classic Christmas Album”, Martina McBride . . . A 16 song collection that includes “Away in the Manger”, “Winter Wonderland”, and “Baby It’s Cold Outside”.
• “The Classic Christmas Album”, Barbra Streisand . . . A 16 song batch that includes “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”, “O Little Town of Bethlehem”, and “White Christmas”.
New DVDs Include “The Hangover Part III”, “After Earth”, and “The Purge”
• “The Hangover Part III” . . . John Goodman is the bad guy in this one. He kidnaps Zach Galiafinakis while the guys are taking him to rehab, in order to force the wolfpack into helping him get back the $21 million that Chow stole.
• “After Earth” . . . Will Smith and his son Jaden star in this sci-fi movie about a father and son who crash land on Earth 1,000 years after it’s become uninhabitable. And Jaden is being hunted by a creature that kills humans by detecting their fear.
• “The Purge” . . . Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey star in this thriller about one night a year, where people can legally commit any crime they want . . . even murder. Their home is under siege after their son lets in a homeless guy to save him from a mob.
• “Europa Report” . . . Sharlto Copley from “District 9″ stars in this sci-fi flick about astronauts who make an emergency landing on one of Jupiter’s moons after being sent to investigate signs of life. And they find a creature living beneath its icy surface.
• “American Horror Story: Asylum – The Complete Second Season”
• “White Collar: The Complete Fourth Season”
• “Psych: The Complete Seventh Season”
• “Bones: The Complete Eighth Season”
• “The Middle: The Complete Third Season”
• “90210: The Fifth Season” . . . a five disc set of the show’s final season.
• “Robot Chicken: Season Six”
The New “Just Dance” Game Hits Stores Today
• “Just Dance 2014“ on Xbox360, PS3, Wii, and WiiU. The fifth game in the franchise features a new On-Stage Mode where one person dance lead, while two others do backup routines. This year’s tracklist include songs from Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Daft Punk, Robin Thicke, Rihanna, Pitbull, Psy, One Direction, and Nicki Minaj. (Trailer)
• “BEYOND: Two Souls“ is a PS3-exclusive that features the voices of Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. Ellen’s character Jodie has been linked to a supernatural entity since she was young. Dafoe is a government scientist who analyzes her powers and acts as a surrogate father as you play Jodie from ages eight through 23. (Uncensored Trailer)
• “Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness“ is an RPG for the PS3. Ten years after the first game came out, the sequel follows Laharla, an overlord of the Netherworld who’s trying to bend its inhabitants to his will. (Trailer)
• “Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition“ is a steampunk shooter on Xbox360, PS3, and PC. The Game of the Year Edition includes The Knife of Dunwall, The Brigmore Witches, Dunwall City Trials, and Void Walker’s Arsenal expansion packs.
The Top 50 Things Couples Argue About Include Money, Sex, Replacing the Toilet Paper, and Coke Versus Pepsi
A new survey has come up with the 50 most common things couples argue about. Not surprisingly, the top five are: Money, kids, sex, politics, and religion. But other things on the list include where to eat dinner, who replaces the empty toilet paper roll, and Coke versus Pepsi.
6. Watching sports.
8. What to watch on TV.
9. What to have for dinner.
10. Household chores.
The top 50 also included arguments over replacing the empty toilet paper roll, what clothes to wear, where to go on vacation, Coke versus Pepsi, and whose turn it is to go grocery shopping. (FemaleFirst)
What’s the Weirdest Thing You’ve Seen at Someone’s House That They Thought Was Completely Normal?
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen at someone’s house that THEY thought was completely normal? Some of the best ones we’ve heard are: The whole family casually spitting on the carpet . . . family discussions while someone was sitting on the toilet . . . and a room decorated for Christmas and playing Christmas music year-round.
1. A doggy door, but no dog . . . to let raccoons come in and eat.
2. The whole family would casually spit into the carpeting.
3. “Sometimes when my friend was sitting on the toilet, his dad would walk in, and they would have a full-on conversation in the bathroom.”
4. Slippers made out of their dead family dog’s skin.
5. A room called “the Christmas room” that was decorated year-round, with a fake tree, unopened gifts, lights, and Christmas music playing.
6. Jars with ticks they’d picked off their dog, swimming in rubbing alcohol.
7. A bathroom garbage can filled with used toilet paper. They didn’t flush their toilet paper, they threw it all in the garbage. (Reddit)
34% of Us Are Facebook Friends With People We Don’t Even Like . . . Here Are the Five Reasons Why
According to a new survey, 34% of people say they’re Facebook friends with people they don’t like, and wouldn’t talk to if they bumped into them in real life. The top reason why is to be able to monitor that person’s photos or status updates to see what they’re up to, and see whether they’re succeeding or failing.
1. To monitor their photos or status updates, see what they’re up to, and see if they’re succeeding or failing.
2. They’re a family member you HAVE to be friends with.
3. They’re a good business connection to stay in contact with.
4. You don’t want to deal with the consequences of defriending them.
5. Being friends with them allows you to see what other people you’re NOT Facebook friends with are doing . . . like your kid or your boss.
The survey also found 22% of people have had an argument with someone because they assumed a vague Facebook status update was about them. (FemaleFirst)
You Spend One Out of Every 12 Minutes Online
Frankly, this sounds LOW. According to a new study, the average person spends about ONE out of every TWELVE waking minutes on the Internet.
The average person spends about 85 minutes every day online. That works out to 43 hours a month . . . or 21-and-a-half full days per year.
In 2010, the average person spent 22 hours a month online . . . or about HALF of the current amount. What’s the big change since 2010? That’s when the iPad came out and tablets became ANOTHER way for us to go online. (Daily Mail)
One in Four People Name Their Car
We’ll never know WHY the first person who did it decided to name their car . . . although I suppose if guys can give a name to their genitalia, they should also name the thing they buy to overcompensate for the size of their genitalia.
According to a new survey, about one out of four people name their CAR.
And actually, WOMEN are more likely than men to name their cars, 27% to 17%. The most common inspiration for a car name is the car’s color or another part of its appearance. (MSN)
A Woman Doesn’t Want to Explain Her Neighbors’ Loud Sex to Her Kids . . . So She Tells Them the Man Is Beating the Woman?
Sometime last week, a woman was watching TV with her kids when they heard their downstairs neighbor having LOUD SEX with his girlfriend. And the woman left the guy a note telling him she decided NOT to tell her kids what the noises were . . . instead, she told them he was BEATING his girlfriend. She said it, quote, “was a great opportunity to explain what domestic violence is.”
Half of Single People Still Think Tattoos Are Hot . . . and 26% of Men Love Tramp Stamps
According to a new survey, 50% of single people think tattoos are HOT. 35% of women say the best place for a guy to have one is on his arm, back, or shoulder. And 26% of men say the best tattoo a woman can have is a TRAMP STAMP.
. (Female First)
15% of You Went to the Same High School as Your Spouse
: A new study by Facebook has found that 15% of all members over 25 are married to someone from their high school . . . and 28% of members who are married college graduates, are married to someone from their college.
The Denver Broncos Are Favored by a Record 28 Points Over the Jacksonville Jaguars This Sunday . . . and That’s as Rare as an 11-Inch Penis?
: This Sunday, the Denver Broncos are favored by 28 points over the Jacksonville Jaguars, which is the biggest NFL point spread EVER. A website figured out that the point spread is SO far above average, it’s as statistically rare as a man having an 11-INCH PENIS, engorged. Now you know.
Bella Thorne – 16 (CeCe Jones on the Disney Channel’s “Shake It Up”.)
Angus T. Jones – 20 (The half man on “Two and a Half Men”. After some controversy where he blasted the show, he’s now been downgraded from a regular to a recurring character. He’s effectively been replaced by Amber Tamblyn, who plays the lesbian daughter of Charlie Sheen’s now-deceased character.)
Molly Quinn – 20 (Richard’s daughter Alexis on “Castle”.)
Bruno Mars – 27 (Cocaine-loving singer-songwriter who seems involved with about half of the pop hits right now.)
Nick Cannon – 33 (“America’s Got Talent” host who should be considered EVERY MAN’S HERO. He nailed Kim Kardashian, then married Mariah Carey.) RELATED COMEDY: Nick Cannon . . . a.k.a. Mr. Mariah Carey . . . turns 33 today. If you’re looking for a gift, you can’t go wrong with earplugs.
Mike “The Miz” Mizanin – 33 (“Real World/Road Rules Challenge” LEGEND who busted his hump and suffered a lot of abuse and scorn to become the WWE champion.)
Kristanna Loken – 34 (The sexy villain in “Terminator 3″. She’s a part-time lesbian. She used to SCISSOR with Michelle Rodriguez, but she married her “Painkiller Jane” costar Noah Danby in 2008.)
Soon-Yi Previn – 40 (Woody Allen’s naughty Asiatic stepdaughter-turned-side-action-turned-wife.)
Matt Damon – 43 (He IS Jason Bourne! Well, mostly. Jeremy Renner starred in the most recent movie.)
Julia Ann – 44 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 203 fine films, including . . . “Cougar Club”, “Missionary Impossible”, “Frosty the Snow Ho”, and “CLAM SMACKERS”.)
Jeremy Davies – 44 (Dickie Bennett on “Justified”. You may also know him as Daniel Faraday from “Lost”.)
Emily Procter – 45 (Hot blonde minx on “CSI: Miami”.)
Karyn Parsons – 47 (Hilary Banks on “Fresh Prince of Bel Air”.)
Teddy Riley – 47 (Super-Producer and member of Guy, BLACKstreet, AND Wreckx-N-Effect! Remember 1992’s “Rump Shaker”? Teddy also wrote the Johnny Kemp smash hit “Just Got Paid”!) (APB on Teddy Riley! Somebody look under Johnny Kemp AND Johnny O!)
Trisha Cole – 49 (Mattress actress who starred in 46 fine films, including “She Squirts Till It Hurts”, “Santa Is Coming All Over Town” AND “More Nookie For Your Cookie”.)
Darrell Hammond – 58 (“SNL” Master Impressionist. He’s not a cast member anymore but they still wheel him out for a ton of political impressions and/or Donald Trump impressions.)
Stephanie Zimbalist – 57 (Detective Laura Holt on “Remington Steele”.)
Robert “Kool” Bell – 63 (Kool & The Gang)
Sigourney Weaver – 64
Susan Raye – 69 (Country singer AND regular on “HEE HAW”.)
R.L. Stine – 70 (Author of the “Goosebumps” series your kids like to read.)
Jesse Jackson – 72
Chevy Chase – 70 (Proof that you can be funny onscreen . . . and an A-HOLE in real life.)
“I Used To Be” Paul Hogan – 74 (Master tax evader.)
“I Used To Be” Rona Barrett – 77
Johnny Ramone – Would have been 65 – (1948 – 2004) (Ramones guitarist. Stole Joey Ramone’s woman and married her. Joey and Johnny HATED each other . . . yet still managed to hold it together and be one of the most kick-ass bands EVER.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 5 days to “The Walking Dead”
• 8 days until Boss’s Day
• 23 days until Halloween
• 26 days until Daylight Savings Ends
• 51 days until Thanksgiving
• 1,200 days left of “Hope and Change”
142 years ago . . . in 1871 – The three-day GREAT CHICAGO FIRE touched off after Mrs. O’Leary’s cow (???) supposedly kicked over a kerosene lantern.
300 people were killed, 17,000 buildings were destroyed, and 99,000 people were left homeless.
69 years ago . . . in 1944 – “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet”made its debut on CBS radio.
57 years ago . . . in 1956 – DON LARSEN threw the first and only PERFECT GAME in the World Series as the Yankees beat the Dodgers, 2-0.
33 years ago . . . in 1980 – BOB MARLEY collapsed on stage during a Pittsburgh concert. It was discovered that he had brain AND lung cancer . . . and he never performed again. Marley died at the age of 36 on May 1st, 1981.
29 years ago . . . in 1984 – ANNE MURRAY’S “A Little Good News” became the first album by a female artist to win the CMA Album of the Year award.
20 years ago . . . in 1993 – TED DANSON told a few racial jokes in “black face” at the Friars Club roast of his then-girlfriend WHOOPI GOLDBERG. Montel Williams, Larry King and Geraldo Rivera all walked out.
17 years ago . . . in 1996 – POPE JOHN PAUL THE SECOND successfully had his inflamed appendix removed.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 – “BOOGIE NIGHTS” WAS RELEASED . . . STARRING MARK WAHLBERG!!!
12 years ago . . . in 2001 – RUSH LIMBAUGH announced that he’d gone deaf. Some people blamed Rush’s temporary deafness on his OXYCONTIN AND VICODIN ABUSE. But that was never proven.
11 years ago . . . in 2002 – TRACE ADKINS was building a gravel road for his farm in Tennessee when the road collapsed and his TRACTOR FELL ON HIM. Trace suffered some crush injuries but didn’t die.
9 years ago . . . in 2004 – MARTHA STEWART officially became inmate #55170-054 when she began her five-month sentence at Camp Cupcake, in West Virginia.
2 years ago . . . in 2011 – Oakland Raiders Hall of Fame owner AL DAVIS died at the age of 82. He was the only executive in NFL history to be an assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner and owner.
10 Year Flashback: Arnold Schwarzenegger Is California’s New Governor . . . and Flash-Forward to His Basically Ineffective Tenure
Our Flashback section features a story we were talking about on The Complete Sheet 10 years ago to this day. We’ve also added some modern perspective to give these stories some context today.
Flashback to 2003: Arnold Schwarzenegger Is California’s New Governor!
The people of California have spoken . . . and for better or worse, they now get three years of ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER as their Governor.
He got 47.8% of the vote, dominating the other 134 candidates in the recall election.
Larry Flynt got 11,719 votes . . . Gary Coleman got 9.527 . . . porn star Mary Carey got 7,572 . . . and Gallagher only got 3,866.
Today’s Perspective . . . Schwarzenegger Had Two Forgettable Terms As Governor
Even though it was a HUGE deal at the time, Schwarzenegger was fairly ineffective as governor. It seemed that he didn’t quite realize JUST how deeply screwed up California state politics really were.
Shortly after he left office in 2011, he split up with Maria Shriver after 25 years of marriage . . . when information came out that he’d fathered a child with one of his housekeepers.