Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Lady Gaga Says She’s “Not Conventionally Beautiful”
LADY GAGA has been named “Glamour” magazine’s Woman of the Year. She tells the magazine she’s, quote, “Not conventionally beautiful” . . . but she adds, quote, “I’ve always been OK with that. I’m not a supermodel. That’s not what I do. What I do is music.
Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep Had Vigorous Sex on the Set of “Ironweed”
A new biography on JACK NICHOLSON that hit stores yesterday claims that Jack and MERYL STREEP were DOING IT on the set of the 1987 movie “Ironweed”. BIG TIME.
The book says, quote, “Often during shooting, his Winnebago seemed to be balanced on four overworked Slinkys.”
The book also quotes an old newspaper gossip item from 1987 that said, quote, “Whatever is going on inside that Winnebago it’s starting to get out of hand, to the point where it’s embarrassing a lot of people on the set”
Jon Hamm is So Manly His Face Has to Be Shaved Three Times a Day on the Set of “Mad Men”
Just how manly is JON HAMM? This should give you a clue: A “Mad Men” makeup artist says it’s hard to keep the stubble off his face . . . even during a single day’s shooting.
Quote, “We shoot such long hours, and for Jon, we shave sometimes two, three times a day.”
Derek Hough Says His Sister Julianne is “So Apologetic” For Wearing Blackface
In retrospect, JULIANNE HOUGH realizes she shouldn’t have worn BLACKFACE to a Halloween party . . . even though she was just trying to pay tribute to a character from “Orange Is the New Black”.
Julianne’s brother DEREK says, quote, “She’s so apologetic. She’s so, so sorry and I just hope that we can all forgive her and move on.”
He adds, quote, “Obviously, it wasn’t her brightest moment in her life.”
Check Out This Very Clever “Cheers” Halloween Costume
This has to be one of the most creative pop culture Halloween costumes I’ve ever seen . . . even though it’s so obscure that nobody’s going to get it: Some guy dressed up as “The End of the Credits of ‘Cheers’
He dressed up as a guy in one of the old-timey photos from the credit sequence . . . and he made a transparent sign with the text that appears in front of the guy in the credits.
“Duck Dynasty” and “Breaking Bad” Are the Most-Searched Halloween Costume Ideas on Yahoo
The most-searched Halloween costumes on Yahoo.com include “Duck Dynasty”, “Breaking Bad”, Katniss from “The Hunger Games”, Michael Myers from “Halloween” and, of course, Zombies.
1. “Duck Dynasty”
2. Walter White
3. Other “Breaking Bad” costumes
4. Katniss Everdeen from “The Hunger Games”
5. Michael Myers from “Halloween”
7. Minions (Those little yellow pill-shaped guys from the “Despicable Me” movies.)
8. Miley Cyrus
10. “Fifty Shades of Grey”
Camille Grammer Says Her Boyfriend Beat Her Up
“Real Housewife” CAMILLE GRAMMER got a restraining order against her boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos, claiming he beat her up in a Houston hotel room on October 16th . . . just days after she had cancer surgery. The attack lasted 40 minutes and was so traumatizing that Camille also has security watching her home 24-7.
***************The “Entourage” Movie is Happening*******************
Hopefully, this is the final word on the situation: “Entourage” creator and head writer DOUG ELLIN says the movie is ON. He Tweeted, quote, “It’s a go. Love you all.” And he included a picture of the cast. (Check it out here.)
Bob Barker Will Be Back on “The Price Is Right” to Celebrate His 90th Birthday
: “The Price Is Right” has announced that BOB BARKER is returning for an episode in December to celebrate his 90th birthday. He’ll help with a pet adoption, and participate in a special Showcase Showdown. This will be Bob’s second appearance on the show since leaving six years ago.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• “World Series” [Game 6] . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on Fox. The Boston Red Sox host the St. Louis Cardinals. The Red Sox lead the series 3-2 going into tonight.
• “Unsung” [7th Season Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on TV One. Heavy D & the Boyz take a look at the “golden age of rap.”
• “Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles” [6th Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Bravo.
• “Ghost Hunters” [9th Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Syfy.
• “Extreme Cheapskates” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TLC.
• “Tough Love” [6th Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on VH1.
• “Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on MTV.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Christina Hendricks from “Mad Men” guests.
• “The Pete Holmes Show” . . . Midnight to 12:30 A.M. on TBS. Jim Jefferies (“Legit”) guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Tim Conway (“What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life”), a performance from “Wicked”, and author Scarlett Lewis (“Nurturing Healing Love: A Mother’s Journey of Hope & Forgiveness”).
• “Good Morning America” – Matthew McConaughey (“Dallas Buyers Club”), Rob Lowe (JFK in National Geographic’s “Killing Kennedy”), and a behind-the-scenes look at ABC’s “Nashville”.
• “CBS This Morning” – Will Arnett (“The Millers”), BlackRock CEO Larry Fink, and Steve Jobs’ first girlfriend Chrisann Brennan promotes her book, “The Bite in the Apple: A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs”.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Minka Kelly (“Almost Human”) and Will Arnett (“The Millers”).
• “The View” – Celine Dion. Former “Dancing with the Stars” champ J.R. Martinez co-hosts.
• “Rachael Ray” – Chris Noth (“The Good Wife”). Music Guest: Gavin DeGraw.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Ed O’Neill (“Modern Family”), plus 8-year-old composer, pianist and violinistAlma Deutscher.
• “The Talk” – Rachel Bilson (“Heart of Dixie”), James Wolk (“The Crazy Ones”), and “Heroes” minx Ali Larter pimps her cookbook “Kitchen Revelry”.
• “Katie Couric” – Bill O’Reilly talks about his book “Killing Jesus”.
• “Queen Latifah Show” – Chef Fabio Viviani. Music Guests: Steve Martin and Edie Brickell.
• “Steve Harvey” – Kevin Hart (“Real Husbands of Hollywood”), plus a woman who gave up everything to run a community center for at-risk youth in New Orleans.
• “Dr. Phil” – “Love Scams: My Mother Chose Her Catfish over Her Family”.
• “Dr. Oz Show” – “The Surgery You Should Say No To” Judge Marilyn Milian from “The People’s Court” discusses recovering from a bunion-removal surgery.
• “Wendy Williams” – Corey Feldman (“Coreyography: A Memoir”) and Katie Couric.
• “Bethenny” – Tracee Ellis Ross.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Will Arnett (“The Millers”). Music Guest: The Avett Brothers.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Ben Kingsley (“Ender’s Game”) and comedian Rob Delaney. Music Guest: NoNoNo.
• “The Tonight Show” – Abigail Breslin (“Ender’s Game”) and Kim Kardashian. Music Guest: Two Door Cinema Club.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Minka Kelly (“Almost Human”) and Aziz Ansari (Netflix’s “Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive”). Music Guest: The Weekend.
• “Arsenio” – Naya Rivera (“Glee”) and comedian Tommy Davidson. Music Guest: Raheem DeVaughn.
• “Conan” – Johnny Knoxville (“Bad Grandpa”) and actress Casey Wilson (“Ass-Backwards”). Music Guest: Queens of the Stone Age.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Drew Carey and sexy Univision correspondent Pamela Silva.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Kate Bosworth and her husband, director Michael Polish.
• “Jon Stewart” – Author Diane Ravitch (“Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America’s Public Schools”).
• “The Colbert Report” – The 15-year-old creator of a cancer test, Jack Andraka.
It’s Official: The Jonas Brothers Are No More
It’s official: The JONAS BROTHERS are done . . . for the time being, at least. Yesterday, KEVIN JONAS said, quote, “It’s over for now.” NICK JONAS added, quote, “It’s really hard to say ‘forever’ . . . [but] we’re closing a chapter, for sure.” And JOE JONAS said, quote, “It was a unanimous decision.”
Five Random Facts on Halloween Candy
1. On Halloween, Americans eat about 4% of ALL the candy we eat during the entire year. In other words, one out of every 25 pieces of candy eaten in this country in 2013 will be eaten tomorrow.
2. Kids eat four times more candy than adults on Halloween.
3. Kids ages six to eight are most likely to eat candy on Halloween . . . about NINE out of 10 kids that age will have some candy tomorrow. Three-quarters of kids ages two to five will have some candy tomorrow, as will two-thirds of kids nine to 12.
4. The most popular chocolate candy in the U.S. is . . . Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The rest of the top 10 goes: M&Ms, Snickers, Hershey’s, Kit Kat, Twix, 3 Musketeers, Hershey’s Cookies ‘n Crème, Milky Way, and Almond Joy.
5. There’s only been one confirmed case of a child swallowing something dangerous in Halloween candy. In Minneapolis, in 2000, a 49-year-old man put needles in Snickers bars. A 14-year-old boy bit into one of the needles, but he was okay. (USA Today / FOX 45 – Baltimore / Snopes)
The Final Numbers Are in, and the Most Popular Costume This Year Is . . . a Witch
: The final numbers are in on 2013′s most popular Halloween costumes. The top five are: Witches . . . Batman and other Batman characters . . . princesses . . . superheroes OTHER than Batman, Superman, or Spider-Man . . . and zombies.
Can Your Halloween Costume Lead to a One-Night Stand? Maybe
: Can your Halloween costume lead to a one-night stand? According to a new survey, only one in eight single women say they’ve had a one-night stand on Halloween . . . and more than half say they WOULDN’T have one on Halloween. The survey also found the costume that women are most attracted to on a man is a FUNNY costume.
A Woman Puts Up a Sign With a Great Message For the Person Who Stole Her Son’s Pumpkin
A woman in Washington D.C. was upset when she found someone had stolen a pumpkin she’d carved with her two-year-old son . . . so she put up a great sign with a message for the thief. First, it sarcastically thanks them for teaching her son that people can be mean, then says, quote, “Because my son cannot read this sign, I will add: You are an [a-hole].”
Women’s Top 20 Fears Include Family Members Dying, Public Speaking, and Being the Last Person on Earth
A new survey came up with the top fears for women, but there’s really no reason these couldn’t also apply for men. The top five are losing family members, being buried alive, public speaking, dying, and fire.
7% of People Don’t Answer the Phone Because They’re Afraid of Telemarketers . . . 3% Have Bought Something From One
In a new survey, 7% of people say sometimes they’re SCARED to answer the phone because they’re SURE telemarketers are on the other end. The survey also found 3% of people admit they’ve bought something from a telemarketer or at least considered it.
6% of People Would Have Plastic Surgery to Try to Look More Like a Celebrity
Last week, there was a story about a 33-year-old guy who spent $100,000 to try to look like JUSTIN BIEBER. Apparently he’s not the only person who thinks that would be a good idea. In a new survey, 6% of people ages 18 to 30 say they’d consider getting plastic surgery to try to look more like a specific celebrity.
Three New Studies on How We Stare at Breasts, Predict Break-Ups on Facebook, and Look Better Next to Ugly Friends
Check out the results of three weird new studies on your LOVE LIFE. First, the more Facebook friends you and your significant other have in common, the more likely it is you’ll break up. Second, standing with unattractive friends makes you look 2% hotter. And finally, scientists used eye tracking to find that men focus on women’s breasts . . . but WOMEN’S eyes gravitate toward breasts TOO.
1. A study at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln tracked people’s eye movements, and found that men’s eyes gravitate toward women’s BREASTS. Naturally. But they found that WOMEN’S eyes gravitate toward other women’s breasts TOO.
The researchers say, quote, “We live in a culture in which we constantly see women objectified on TV and in the media. When you turn your own lens on everyday, ordinary women, we focus on those parts, too.” (USA Today)
2. Researchers at Cornell University have found the best way to predict whether a couple on Facebook will BREAK UP is . . . look at their mutual friends. The MORE mutual friends they have, the more likely they are to break up.
Why? They say that when you share the same circle of friends, you’re less likely to have your own lives . . . and the relationship is more likely to implode. (News.com.au)
3. Does standing next to LESS ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE make YOU seem better looking? Just barely. A study by the University of California, San Diego found that you look about 2% more attractive when you’re the best looking one in a group. (New York Magazine)
There’s a New Bacon Cheeseburger That Uses Deep Fried Twinkies as the Bun
A restaurant in Philadelphia just unveiled a new bacon cheeseburger that uses DEEP FRIED TWINKIES as the bun. It costs $12, and it’s only on sale for a limited time
What’s the Strangest Thing You’ve Been Asked During a Job Interview?
: What’s the strangest thing you’ve been asked during a job interview? Some of the best ones we’ve heard are, “Why would you work for us when you’ll clearly have better offers?” . . . “Have you ever done sugar . . . or PCP?” . . . and “Can you explain why we gave you an interview? Based on your resume you seem very unqualified to work here.”
Janel Parrish – 25 (Hawiian minx who plays Mona on “Pretty Little Liars”.)
Ivanka Trump – 32 (Donald Trump’s daughter. She’s married to “The New York Observer” owner Jared Kushner. She just popped out their second kid.)
Sarah Carter – 33 (Margaret on “Falling Skies”.)
Matthew Morrison – 35 (Will Schuester on “Glee”.)
Nia Long – 43 (Sherry in “Big Momma’s House 1 & 2″ and Nina in “Love Jones”. Whitey knows her best as Will’s girlfriend Lisa on “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air”. She’s currently pregnant . . . and posing naked on magazine covers.)
SNOW! – 45 (Greatest Honky Canadian rapper EVER. Remember “Informer”?)
Gavin Rossdale – 48 (Once nailed a tasty transvestite pop star back in the 1980s! Now gets to nail Gwen Stefani ANYTIME HE WANTS TO . . . except when she’s suffering from MORNING SICKNESS. He filled her with another baby, you know.)
Kevin Pollak – 56 (One of those truly amazing under-the-radar actors. “A Few Good Men”, “Grumpy Old Men”, “The Usual Suspects”, “The Whole Nine Yards”, “The Wedding Planner” AND “Juwanna Mann”.)
T. Graham Brown – 59 (Country singer. Biggest hit: 1988′s “Darlene”.)
Harry Hamlin – 62 (“Dancing with the Stars” loser that your parents would know best as Michael Kuzak on “L.A. Law”. He’s married to LISA RINNA, and has probably felt those luscious lips of hers in all his most naughty areas. That makes him more of a hero to me than when he slew Medusa or defeated the Kraken in THE ORIGINAL “Clash of the Titans”.)
Henry Winkler – 68 (He’ll always be Arthur Fonzarelli On “Happy Days”. His greatest role since The Fonz? Family lawyer Barry Zuckerkorn on “Arrested Development”. Or maybe Coach Klein in “The Waterboy”. Visualize and ATTACK.)
Otis Williams – 72 (Co-founder of The Temptations.)
Grace Slick – 74 (Jefferson Airplane . . . and Starship. She stopped performing years ago because she thinks old people look STUPID when they try to rock
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 1 more day until Halloween
• 4 days until Daylight Savings Ends
• 9 days to “Thor: The Dark World”
• 29 days until Thanksgiving
• 56 days until Thanksgiving
• 1,178 days left of “Hope and Change”
119 years ago . . . in 1894 – THE DEVIL HIMSELF . . . Daniel M. Cooper . . . PATENTED THE TIME CLOCK . . . and ever since then, wage-slaves everywhere have been forced to punch timecards to start their workdays for The Man.
75 years ago . . . in 1938 – ORSON WELLES made his infamous “War Of The Worlds” radio broadcast. Millions of listeners thought New Jersey was actually being invaded by aliens. One Pittsburgh woman was found with a bottle of poison saying she’d rather die that way.
(Orson Welles ended up with $750,000 in lawsuits filed against him.)
68 years ago . . . in 1945 - The U.S. government announced the end of SHOE RATIONING. (???)
43 years ago . . . in 1970 – TITO JACKSON & THE JACKSON 5 had the #1 record on both the Pop AND R&B charts . . . with “I’ll Be There”.
43 years ago . . . in 1970 – JIM MORRISON was sentenced to six months of hard labor and fined $500 for INDECENT EXPOSURE and . . . gasp! . . . PROFANITY at a concert in Miami.
(Jim’s lawyers appealed the sentence, and Morrison died from a massive overdose of the black-tar H before his legal problems could get worked out.)
39 years ago . . . in 1974 – At the “RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE” in Kinshasa, Zaire, MUHAMMAD ALI unveiled his “ROPE-A-DOPE” strategy: He let GEORGE FOREMAN abuse his body for 8 rounds before coming back and knocking out the tired chubby to re-gain the Heavyweight Title.
37 years ago . . . in 1976 – CHICAGO started their second week atop the singles charts with the amazing monster jam “If You Leave Me Now”.
32 years ago . . . in 1981 – “Halloween 2″ was released . . . and we learned Michael Myers was stalking the well-chested JAMIE LEE CURTIS because she was his sister.
30 years ago . . . in 1983 - The REVEREND JESSE JACKSON announced his plans to become the first black man to mount a full-scale campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. But first, he mounted some delicious side-action.
23 years ago . . . in 1990 – “Law & Order” debuted on NBC.
20 years ago . . . in 1993 – MEAT LOAF’S album “Bat Out Of Hell 2 – Back Into Hell” hit #1 on the charts, thanks to the international smash hit “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 - R.E.M. announced that drummer BILL BERRY was leaving the group after 10 albums and 17 years. He suffered a brain aneurysm in March of 1995 during the band’s “Monster” tour in Switzerland, but his departure reportedly wasn’t due to that condition.
13 years ago . . . in 2000 – STEVE ALLEN, the creator and original host of “The Tonight Show”, suffered a coronary after an auto accident and died in Encino, California, at the age of 78.
11 years ago . . . in 2002 – COREY FELDMAN married SUSIE SPRAGUE on “The Surreal Life”. They read their own cheesy vows . . . HUGH HEFNER’S girlfriends cried . . . I pumped my fist at the awesomeness. (???) They were divorced in 2009.
One year ago . . . in 2012 - DISNEY purchased GEORGE LUCAS’ production company Lucasfilm, including the rights to STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES.