Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Rashida Jones Wants Female Celebrities to “Stop Acting Like Whores”
RASHIDA JONES is calling on all female celebrities to stop prostituting themselves. She Tweeted, quote, “This week’s celeb news takeaway: she who comes closest to showing the actual inside of her vagina is most popular. #stopactinglikewhores”. Then she added, quote, “Also, calling on all men to show me dat ass.”
Russell Brand Once Gave a Man Hand Relief . . . As Part of a Documentary
Over a decade ago, while RUSSELL BRAND was hooked on alcohol and heroin and doing a documentary series in the U.K., he ended up giving a man HAND RELIEF in the bathroom of a gay bar. He says, quote, “I’m such a sex narcissist that, even though I’m not gay, I still wanted to be good at [it].” Ultimately, Russell says it took him about a half hour to finish the guy.
Katy Perry Was “Shattered” When She and Russell Brand Split
KATY PERRY was in bad shape when her marriage to RUSSELL BRAND ended. She says, quote, “I’m not the kind of person who is always like, ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.’ I was in bed for about two weeks.
“I was pretty [effed], yes. It hurt a lot. I got a good knock.”
She adds, quote, “My self-worth was in someone else’s hands, which is never a good idea because it can be taken from you at any time. And it was, and it was shattered.”
Corey Feldman Talks About the Abuse He and Corey Haim Suffered in His New Book
In his new book, COREY FELDMAN talks about the sexual abuse both he and COREY HAIM suffered in Hollywood when they were kids. He even claims the man who first took advantage of Haim is still a major player in the business . . . but he doesn’t name him.
Cee Lo Was Charged With Giving a Woman Ecstasy, But Not With Raping Her
CEE LO GREEN was in court yesterday to face allegations that he slipped a woman Ecstasy and then sexually assaulted her. Prosecutors declined to file sexual assault charges due to lack of evidence. But they did charge him with a felony count of furnishing a controlled substance.
Nine Disliked Celebrities Who Deserve Another Chance
The Huffington Post has put together a list of Nine Disliked Celebrities Who Deserve Another Chance . . . mainly due to their charity work. The celebrities include Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Katherine Heigl and, of course, Kim and Kanye.
Is Anthony Geary Threatening to Quit “General Hospital” Because They’re Forcing Him to Take a 50% Pay Cut?
“Globe” magazine claims soap legend ANTHONY GEARY is threatening to leave “General Hospital” after 35 years . . . because he’s being forced to take a 50% pay cut. According to the report, Anthony currently makes $1.5 million a year.
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “The Voice” [Battle Rounds Part 4] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “Ravenswood” [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC Family. A “Pretty Little Liars” spin-off starring Tyler Blackburn’s character Caleb Rivers.
• “Chasing Nashville” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Lifetime. A reality series about four young girls trying to make it in country music.
• “American Daredevils” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on History. Stuntman Spanky Spangler trains his son to perform Evel Knievel-type stunts.
• “Snooki & Jwoww” [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on MTV.
• “Cold Justice” [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TNT.
• “Trust Me I’m a Game Show Host” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on TBS. D.L. Hughley and Michael Ian Black host this new game show where contestants have to figure out which one of the hosts is lying.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. George Takei.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Julie Andrews, Justin Long, billionaire Warren Buffett and his son Howard G. Buffett (author of “40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World”). Music Guest: The Fray.
• “Good Morning America” – The latest “Dancing With the Stars” rejects, former NFL player Donald Driver, and a “Boy Meets World” cast reunion.
• “CBS This Morning” – The Dalai Lama and author John Grisham.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Johnny Knoxville (“Bad Grandpa”) and Alyssa Milano (“Project Runway”). Music Guest: Fifth Harmony.
• “The View” – Daniel Radcliffe (“Kill Your Darlings”). Alicia Menendez co-hosts.
• “Rachael Ray” – Debra Messing and Eric McCormack.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Ethan Hawke (“Before Midnight”). Music Guest: Lady Antebellum.
• “The Talk” – Jackie Chan and former “Daily Show” correspondent Mo Rocca.
• “Katie Couric” – Regis Philbin pimps his Fox Sports show “Crowd Goes Wild” and Katie takes a look at the world of counterfeit purses.
• “Queen Latifah Show” – Nicki Minaj and Diablo Cody (director of the Julianne Hough movie “Paradise”). Music Guest: Panic at the Disco.
• “Steve Harvey” – Tim McGraw, a chili-making competition, internet dating tips, and an artist who uses her body as a canvas.
• “Dr. Phil” – “Bully Stepdad – Part 1 of 2″. A woman claims her husband is verbally abusive to her mentally disabled daughter and bipolar son.
• “Dr. Oz Show” – No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• “Wendy Williams” – Tasha Smith (“For Better or Worse”) and Meghan McCain (“Raising McCain”).
• “Bethenny” – Steve Santagati (author of “The Manual: A True Bad Boy Explains How Men Think, Date, and Mate”) and Andrea Kelly (“Hollywood Exes”).
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Tom Hanks (“Captain Phillips”). Music Guest: Two Door Cinema Club. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Al Gore. Plus: Ethan Dizon and Skylan Brooks (“The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete”). Music Guest: Michael Franti.
• “The Tonight Show” – Kristin Chenoweth and Ross Mathews (“Hello Ross”). Music Guest: Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Hailee Steinfeld (“Romeo and Juliet” and “Ender’s Game”) and Johnny Knoxville (“Bad Grandpa”). Music Guest: Robin Pecknold.
• “Carson Daly” – A look at the horror film “Bad Milo!”. Music Guest: Metz.
• “Arsenio” – Tyra Banks, Daymond John (“Shark Tank”), and comic Chris Spencer.
• “Conan” – Michael C. Hall (“Kill Your Darlings”), base jumper Jeb Corliss, and comedian Sam Simmons.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Queen Latifah (“The Queen Latifah Show”) and author John Lloyd (“Afterliff”). Music Guest: Laura Mvula. (REPEAT)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Martha Stewart (author of “Living the Good Long Life: A Practical Guide to Caring for Yourself and Others”).
• “Jon Stewart” – Author Malcolm Gladwell (“David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants”).
• “The Colbert Report” – A. Scott Berg (for his Woodrow Wilson book “Wilson”).
This Week’s CDs Include New Music from Katy Perry, A.F.I., and Motorhead . . . Plus a Metal Tribute to Michael Jackson
• “Prism”, Katy Perry. In addition to her hit “Roar”, the album has rapper Juicy J on the song “Dark Horse”. All the tracks are streaming at KatyPerry.com.
She says the first 300,000 copies of the limited edition include some sort of “seed paper” you can plant “to spread the light.” (However no one knows what kind of seeds she’s talking about, if they’re flowers, vegetables, or whatever.)
• “Aftershock”, the 21st album from Motorhead. The album is streaming on Yahoo.
• “Another Life”, the second album from the hard rock band Emphatic and their first with their new singer Toryn Green. The whole thing is streaming at Revolver.com.
• “Traces of You”, Anoushka Shankar . . . the half-sister of Norah Jones. Their father, Indian sitar master Ravi Shankar, died while Anoushka was recording this album. Norah helps on three of the songs: “Traces of You“, “Unsaid“ and “The Sun Won’t Set“.
• “Better Together”, the debut EP by Fifth Harmony, a girl group formed on “X Factor”. They finished third place on the second season. All five songs are streaming on MTV.
• “Generation Nothing”, the 10th album from the heavy metal band Metal Church.
• “Lies I Told Myself”, Ty Herndon. After a brief attempt at Christian music, this is his first country album in seven years. He successfully used a Kickstarter campaign to fund it. The title track is up on his YouTube and MySpace pages.
• “12 Stories”, the debut album from country singer Brandy Clark. She’s a songwriter who’s written for quite a few acts and also had #1 hits with the Band Perry’s “Better Dig Two” and Miranda Lambert’s “Mama’s Broken Heart”. Check out her song “Stripes“.
• “Suffering from Success”, the seventh album from DJ Khaled. Nicki Minaj guests on the track “I Wanna Be With You”. And you may remember Khaled was the guy who proposed to her on MTV a few months ago. Check out the complete track list here. Some of his other guests include Drake, Lil Wayne, J. Cole, Diddy, and 2 Chainz.
• “Thriller: A Metal Tribute to Michael Jackson” . . . metal covers of 13 Michael Jackson hits, including “Rock With You”, “Beat It”, “Billy Jean”, “Man in the Mirror”, “The Way You Make Me Feel”, “Black or White”, and “Thriller” performed by members of . . .
Testament, Asking Alexandria, Motorhead, War, Dio, Iron Maiden, Kings X, Sevendust, and of course the Alien Ant Farm version of “Smooth Criminal”.
• “Lindsey Stirling”, the self-titled debut from the dancing violinist Lindsey Stirling, who you may remember from “America’s Got Talent” a few years ago. Here’s a video she did for the new NBC series “Dracula“, which premieres this Friday.
• “Shulamith”, the second album from the alt rock band Polica. You can check out some of the tracks from the album on their SoundCloud page.
• “Say the Words”, the second album from Chinese pop minx Wanting Qu. It includes a mixture of songs in English and Mandarin. You can check out her sound here.
• “The B*tch is Back”, a live album by Lita Ford
• “Yep”, blues rock guitarist Michael Lee Firkins. You can watch him talk about building his own guitar specifically for this new album here.
• “Love to Love You Donna”, Donna Summer . . . A remix of 13 of her hits, including “Last Dance”, “On the Radio”, “Bad Girls”, “Hot Stuff”, and “Love to Love You Baby”.
• The soundtrack to the Ja Rule movie “I’m in Love With a Church Girl”. The artists include Sheila E, the Gap Band, Lalah Hathaway, Ja Rule, and Israel & New Breed.
This Week’s DVDs Include “The Internship” and “The Conjuring”
• “The Internship” . . . Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are two unemployed salesmen with outdated computer skills who talk their way into intern positions at Google . . . and they have to compete against tech-savvy college students for a job.
• “The Conjuring” . . . Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson star in this horror movie as paranormal investigators called to help a family being terrorized by an entity at their farmhouse.
• “Dead in Tombstone” . . . Danny Trejo from “Machete” is double-crossed by his gang and sent to Hell, where the Devil offers him a chance for his freedom . . . in exchange for the souls of the rest of his gang. Mickey Rourke plays Lucifer.
• “The Way Way Back” is about a 14-year-old’s summer vacation with his mom and her a-hole boyfriend, played by Toni Collette and Steve Carell. To get away from them he secretly takes a job working for Sam Rockwell, the owner of a water park.
• “Before Midnight” . . . Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy return for the sequel to “Before Sunrise” and “Before Sunset”. In this one, they’re now a parents of twin girls and she has second thoughts about their relationship after a vicious argument.
• “Nikita: The Complete Third Season”
“Rocksmith 2014″ and “Lego: Marvel Super Heroes” Are Out Today . . . and “Batman: Arkham Origins” Will Hit Stores on Friday
• “Rocksmith 2014“ features 50 songs, including music by Rush, Aerosmith, Queen, Iron Maiden, The Who, Boston, Kiss, Def Leppard, Nirvana, Muse, System of a Down, the Police, Alice in Chains, Green Day, and Avenged Sevenfold. (Trailer)
They say this is the fastest way to learn to play guitar because . . . unlike plastic guitar games . . . “Rocksmith” is played by connecting a REAL electric guitar to your console or home computer. It’s available on the Xbox360, PS3, PC, and Mac.
This new version includes 85 lessons to increase your ability to learn specific songs, and a new Riff Repeater mode that pauses a song to master a certain section of it. There’s also a library of 200 songs that you can download immediately. (Introduction)
And here’s a video about the 11 new “guitarcade” games where you learn new skills and polish your techniques. They include “Return to Castle Chordead”, where you blast zombies with guitar chords, and a racing game where you’re being chased by the cops.
• “LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes“ features over 100 characters from the Marvel universe, including the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man. Nick Fury calls them together to fight the combined threat of Dr. Doom, Loki, and Magneto.
Clark Gregg does do the voice of Agent Coulson, and Stan Lee has a cameo as himself, but otherwise the voices for all the other heroes are done by different actors.
The game’s rated (E10+) and it’s available on the Xbox360, PS3, Wii U, and PC. There are also handheld versions for the 3DS and Vita. (Trailer)
• “Batman: Arkham Origins“ will hit stores on FRIDAY. The third release in the series is a prequel that takes place five years before the first “Arkham” game. In this one, a brutal crime lord named Black Mask has put a $50 million bounty on Batman’s head.
Assassins like Bane, Deathstroke, and Deadshot try to complete the hit, as enemies like the Joker try to take advantage of the situation. It’s rated (T) for Teen, features several new bat gadgets, and is available on the Xbox360 and PS3. (Trailer)
This game also features an online multiplayer mode, where the gangs of both the Joker and Bane fight against Batman and Robin at Blackgate prison. (Multiplayer Trailer)
(There’s a handheld version for 3DS and Vita called “Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate“, which continues the story of the main game.)
Here are a few other games you may or may not care about:
• “How To Survive“ is a downloadable co-op survival game on Xbox3360, PS3, Wii U, and PC. You’re shipwrecked on a zombie infested island and need to find food, water, and shelter before it’s too late. This one is rated (M) for Mature. (Trailer)
• “Just Dance Kids 2014“ has 30 new songs, with music by Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Bridgit Mendler, and One Direction . . . plus The Wiggles and Yo Gabba Gabba. It’s available on Xbox Kinect and both Wii versions. (Trailer)
Half of People Believe They’ll Still Find “The One”
Apparently single people are still just a bunch of hopeless romantics. In a new survey, HALF believe they’ll eventually find “The One” . . . 86% say LOVE is the most important reason to marry someone . . . and only 1% say MONEY is the most important reason to get married.
5% of All Couples in the U.S. Met Online . . . and Five More Stats on Online Dating
A massive new survey on online dating found that 11% of Americans have used online dating . . . 23% of them wound up finding their SPOUSE or at least a long-term relationship . . . and 5% of ALL Americans who are married or in long-term relationships met online.
. (Pew Internet)
Half of Us Avoid Having People Over Because Our Place Is a Mess . . . and 31% of Single People Say It’s Hurting Their Sex Life
: According to a new survey, 47% of people avoid having friends and family over because their place is such a mess. And 31% of single people say the state of their house or apartment is hurting their SEX life. But only 6% of single GUYS say they’ve regretted bringing a woman home to their messy place . . . even if she was DISGUSTED by it.
It’s Great For a Man’s Health to Hang Out With His Friends Twice a Week
There’s now SCIENTIFIC PROOF you should watch football and get drunk with your friends.
According to a new study out of Oxford University in England, men who hang out with their friends twice a week are HEALTHIER, happier, more generous, and get sick less often than men who don’t spend enough time with their friends.
The researchers say hanging with your friends is good for your mental health . . . which translates to physical health. They didn’t study whether it was healthy for women to hang out with THEIR friends. (Daily Mail)
Should Your Company Make Everyone’s Salary Public Knowledge?
Apparently a small but growing number of companies around the U.S. are making everyone’s SALARY public knowledge. They say that removing the secrecy around people’s pay leads to more trust, more motivation, and better teamwork around the office. Will it work? We’re not convinced.
What’s the Most Brilliant or Profound Thing You’ve Heard a Little Kid Say?
What’s the most brilliant or profound thing you’ve heard a little kid say? A few of the best ones we’ve heard are a girl telling her brother who was moving out, “No one is really a grown up, they just act old because they have to” . . . and a kid who was told he’d just used a made-up word and said, “All words are made-up at first.”
Would You Wear an Apple “iWatch” . . . Especially If It Looked as Badass as This One?
Apple has one of their big events today, where they’re announcing a new iPad and a few updates to their other products. They are NOT expected to announce a new “iWatch.” But one day they probably will . . . and WE WILL WANT IT.
A designer just mocked up what an Apple iWatch might look like, and it’s pretty impressive. It’s less of a square like the new Samsung Galaxy Gear watch, and narrow and black with both horizontal and vertical scrolling. (Fast Company)
Jesse Tyler Ferguson – 38 (Mantastic Mitchell on “Modern Family”. He’s gay in real life. But Eric Stonestreet, who plays his soon-to-be husband Cameron, is STRAIGHT. Or so he says.) (???)
Jeff Goldblum – 61 (He IS Brundlefly!)
Saffron Burrows – 41 (Naughty British madam Lorraine on “Boston Legal” and Jeff Goldblum’s partner, Serena Stevens, on “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”.)
Jonathan Lipnicki – 23 (Ray Boyd in “Jerry Maguire”. “D’you know the human head weighs eight pounds?” Also Bow Wow’s Caucasian friend in “Like Mike”.)
Zachary Hanson – 28 (The youngest Hanson. This should make you feel old . . . he’s MARRIED and has two KIDS, too.)
Michael Fishman – 32 (Roseanne’s son D.J. on “Roseanne”.)
Ichiro Suzuki – 40 (Fiesty Japanese baseball stud for the New York Yankees.)
Shaggy – 45
SHELBY LYNNE – 45 (The incredibly sexy, dirty and naughty country minx.)
Carlos Mencia – 46 (Sadly, thanks to Greg Giraldo’s death, Carlos has actually moved UP one place on the list of Top Latino Comedians.)
BRIAN BOITANO! – 50 (The incredibly sexy, dirty and naughty figure skater!)
Bob Odenkirk – 51 (Saul on “Breaking Bad”. He also wrote for “SNL” for almost a decade.)
Sally Layd – 52 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 168 fine films, including . . . “Witness for the Penetration”, “Take this Wad and Shove It”, AND “Rectal Rodeo”.)
Leslie West – 68 (One-legged guitarist for MOUNTAIN. Lost one of his pins to diabetes, but he can still rock out on some “Mississippi Queen”!
Annette Funicello – Would have been 71 – (1942 – 2013)
Christopher Lloyd – 75 (Doc Brown in “Back to the Future”, Jim Ignatowski on “Taxi”, AND the Klingon bastard who killed Kirk’s son in “Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock”.)
“CURLY” HOWARD – (1903 – 1952) (The Three Stooges genius. Moe and Shemp Howard were his brothers.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 9 days until Halloween
• 12 days until Daylight Savings Ends
• 17 days to “Thor: The Dark World”
• 37 days until Thanksgiving
• 64 days until Thanksgiving
• 1,186 days left of “Hope and Change”
177 years ago . . . in 1836 – SAM HOUSTON was inaugurated as the first constitutionally elected PRESIDENT OF TEXAS.
75 years ago . . . in 1938 – Chester Carlson patented his strange invention . . . the XEROX PHOTOCOPIER. IBM, RCA, and Kodak all had no interest in his wacky gadget because they didn’t think there was a use for a machine that “only” made copies.
He started manufacturing the device himself and made an estimated $100 MILLION. Interesting Fact: The name Xerox comes from “xerography” . . . meaning “dry writing”.
51 years ago . . . in 1962 – JOHN F. KENNEDY ordered a Naval quarantine of Cuba until FIDEL CASTRO removed Russian missiles from his country. Russia finally backed down, thus ending the CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS.
47 years ago . . . in 1966 – THE BEACH BOYS hit the charts with “Good Vibrations”. The single took six months and $50,000 to record . . . the most expensive song ever produced up to that time.
47 years ago . . . in 1966 – “Georgy Girl”, starring Lynn Redgrave and James Mason, became the first U.S. movie to earn a “MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY” rating. The theme song was the monster jam “Georgy Girl”, performed by THE SEEKERS.
37 years ago . . . in 1976 – THE INCREDIBLE MOVIE “CAR WASH” WAS RELEASED.
34 years ago . . . in 1979 – The U.S. government allowed the deposed SHAH OF IRAN to travel to New York for medical treatment. The anger-ball Islamic fundamentalists who had overthrown him in the first place stormed the U.S. embassy . . . and started the IRAN HOSTAGE CRISIS.
10 years ago . . . in 2003 – The world was SHOCKED when LIZA MINNELLI filed for divorce from her husband, DAVID GEST, a day after he sued her for spousal abuse.
10 Year Flashback: David Gest Is Suing Liza Minnelli For Spousal Abuse?!? . . . and Flash-Forward to Today’s Perspective on Their Marriage
Our Flashback section features a story we were talking about on The Complete Sheet 10 years ago to this day. We’ve also added some modern perspective to give these stories some context today.
Flashback to 2003: David Gest Is Suing Liza Minnelli For Spousal Abuse?!?
LIZA MINNELLI’S one-time 100% Heterosexual Knight in Shining Armor, DAVID GEST, has filed a $10 million lawsuit against Liza . . . for beating him. David claims Liza would unleash her fists of feminine fury upon him during DRUNKEN RAGES . . . and this left him with head pains.
David and Liza have been separated since July, after less than a year and a half of marriage. David says the last beating happened in June.
(Liza would file for divorce from David later that day, on September 22nd, 2003.)
Today’s Perspective . . . The Short, Unfortunate Marriage of David Gest and Liza Minnelli
David’s lawsuit ended up being dismissed in September of 2006 because of a lack of “triable issue of fact.” Liza always denied she abused him and said he was after her money.
Everyone thought David was gay when he was married to Liza, and that may or may not be true . . . but as of now, he’s 60 years old and still says he’s heterosexual.