Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Was Britney Spears Digitally Slimmed Down for Her Latest Video?
When BRITNEY SPEARS released her new video “Work [B-Word]“, there was some talk that she looked a lot thinner than usual . . . and that maybe she’d gone on a DIGITAL DIET, so to speak.
Well, a few raw images of the video have surfaced, and they APPEAR to show that Britney was a little bit thicker before some computer trickery was employed to slim her down. (Check ‘em out here.)
Is Jennifer Lopez Getting Tired of Casper Smart?
JENNIFER LOPEZ may be getting tired of her latest plaything. She’s reportedly getting ready to break up with CASPER SMART. A source says, quote, “She’s been hinting that the spark is gone.
“They’re obviously in very different places in their lives . . . She enjoyed the relationship for what it is, but now that giddiness has turned to sadness.”
One thing making it tough for her to let go is Casper’s relationship with her twins, Max and Emme. The source says, quote, “They love Casper. Jennifer’s probably going to at least stay friends with him [for their sake].”
Sylvester Stallone Was Charging $400 for an Autograph at New York Comic Con
SYLVESTER STALLONE was charging $445 for photo ops at New York Comic Con this past weekend, and $395 for autographs. SIGOURNEY WEAVER charged $200 for photos and $185 for her autograph. And WILLIAM SHATNER and PATRICK STEWART were “only” charging $75 for autographs.
Why Isn’t Anyone Mentioning Scott Eastwood for “Fifty Shades of Grey”?
So many names are being tossed around to replace CHARLIE HUNNAM in the “Fifty Shades of Grey” movie. They include Ryan Gosling, Ian Somerhalder and Benedict Cumberbatch, just to name a few. Although we’re kind of holding out hope for the very beautiful and very perfect Scott Eastwood.
Here’s just a PARTIAL list of names that have been tossed around . . .
Ryan Gosling . . . Matt Bomer . . . Ian Somerhalder . . . Benedict Cumberbatch . . . Alexander Skarsgard . . . Robert Pattinson . . . Armie Hammer . . . Michael Fassbender . . . Alex Pettyfer . . . Dylan McDermott . . .
Cillian Murphy . . . Henry Cavill . . . Channing Tatum . . . and then there’s “Kick-Ass” star Aaron Taylor-Johnson. He’s been thrown into the mix because his wife Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the movie.
But here’s someone very few people are mentioning . . . and he’d be PERFECT: SCOTT EASTWOOD.
Check out the Evolution of Superman Over 75 years . . . In Just Two Minutes
Superman turned 75 this summer . . . and to mark the occasion, Warner Brothers made an animated video tracing the evolution of the character, from his first appearance in the comics in June of 1938 to the present.
It includes nods to the old George Reeves TV show, the “Super Friends” cartoon series, “Smallville”, all the various movie versions . . . and even the old-school Atari 2600 video game. And it’s all crammed into about two minutes.
(Check it out here.)
“The Walking Dead” Returned to Monster Ratings
“The Walking Dead” returned for its fourth season on Sunday night, and it drew MONSTER ratings. The episode attracted 16.1 million viewers. That smashed the show’s previous record of 12.4 million, which was set in March for the show’s third season finale.
16.1 million viewers would be big for the broadcast networks . . . and it’s a MAMMOTH number for cable. AMC is doing well right now. In addition to this, the “Breaking Bad” series finale just had 10.3 million viewers two weeks ago.
5.1 million people stuck around for the after-show, “The Talking Dead”.
For what it’s worth, “The Walking Dead” premiere has also become the highest-rated broadcast in ALL of TV this season in the coveted demographic of 18- to 49-year-olds.
Anthony Hopkins Maniacally Binge-Watched “Breaking Bad”, Then Wrote a Love Letter to Bryan Cranston
ANTHONY HOPKINS recently “binge-watched” all five seasons of “Breaking Bad” in just two weeks. And he LOVED it. He sent an email to BRYAN CRANSTON saying, quote, “Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen, EVER . . . [the show was] awesome.”
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• “The Biggest Loser” [15th Season Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC. “American Idol’s” Ruben Studdard and Olympic weight lifter Holley Mangold are among the 15 new contestants this season.
• “BET Hip Hop Awards” . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on BET. Snoop Dogg hosts and the performers include Kendrick Lamar, 2 Chainz, Diddy, Yo Gotti, Rick Ross, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, and Meek Mill. (Here are your nominees.)
• “Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle” . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. on PBS. Liev Schreiber narrates the evolution of comic book heroes with interviews from Marvel creator Stan Lee, “Wonder Woman’s” Lynda Carter, and “Batman’s” Adam West.
• “The Voice” [Battle Rounds] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC.
• “New Girl” . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on Fox. Jon Lovitz guest stars as a rabbi.
• “The Mindy Project” . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Timothy Olyphant from “Justified” guest stars as a professional skateboarder.
• “Real Husbands of Hollywood” [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on BET.
• “Catfish: The TV Show” [2nd Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on MTV . . . followed by “Catfish: The Reunion Show”from 11:00 P.M. to Midnight.
• “Criss Angel BeLIEve” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Spike TV. Ludacris guests as illusionist Criss Angel offers viewers the chance to see the creative process behind how illusions are put together.
• “Watch What Happens: Live” . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Wayne Brady and Soleil Moon Frye are the guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Robert Redford (“All Is Lost”), Soleil Moon Frye (the book “Let’s Get This Party Started: DIY Celebrations for You and Your Kids to Create Together”) and Octavia Spencer (“Paradise”). Music Guest: Gavin DeGraw.
• “Good Morning America” – New York Jets center Nick Mangold and “The Chew’s” chef Mario Batali host a tailgate party, plus the latest “Dancing with the Stars” rejects. Music Guest: TLC.
• “CBS This Morning” – Piers Morgan, “New York Times” technology columnist David Pogue, and “Vanity Fair” editor Graydon Carter.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – Anna Faris (“Mom”) and Cee Lo (“The Voice”). Music Guest: Cher Lloyd.
• “The View” – Octavia Spencer (“Paradise”), “The Chew’s” Clinton Kelly for his book “Freakin’ Fabulous on a Budget”, and the latest “Dancing with the Stars” rejects. Piers Morgan co-hosts.
• “Rachael Ray” – Bob Harper (“The Biggest Loser”). Music Guest: Tony Bennett.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Jared Leto (“Dallas Buyers Club”), Wanda Sykes (“Alpha House”), and Swiffer’s golden couple Lee and Morty Kaufman. Music Guest: Fitz & the Tantrums.
• “The Talk” – “NCIS: Los Angeles” stars Chris O’Donnell, LL Cool J, Daniela Ruah, Eric Christian Olsen, and Miguel Ferrer.
• “Katie Couric” – Lauren Conrad for her book “Lauren Conrad Beauty”.
• “Steve Harvey” – Steve helps an aspiring inventor with her product pitch to HSN. Plus the teen slang for designer drugs is discussed.
• “Dr. Phil” – “Cold Case Mystery: A Family Divided”. Dr. Phil offers help to a family dealing with the mysterious death of their father.
• “Dr. Oz Show” – The cast of OWN’s “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s”, plus Dr. Oz examines “Juicerexia”, the diet fad of extreme juicing.
• “Wendy Williams” – Sandra Bernhard (“Switched at Birth”) and fashion expert Lloyd Boston.
• “Bethenny” – Carmen Electra (“Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!!”), Joumana Kidd (Jason Kidd’s ex-wife), and celebrity makeup artist Kristofer Buckle.
• “Queen Latifah Show” – Ed Westwick (“Romeo & Juliet”) and Mary J. Blige. Music Guest: Asher Monroe.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Sylvester Stallone (“Escape Plan”) and Anna Faris (“Mom”). Music Guest: Deltron 3030.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Julianne Hough (“Paradise”), Johnny Knoxville and Jackson Nicoll (“Bad Grandpa”). Music Guest: Ariana Grande.
• “The Tonight Show” – Robin Williams (“The Butler”) and Mark Cuban (“Shark Tank”). Music Guest: Gavin DeGraw. (REPEAT)
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Joseph Gordon-Levitt (“Don Jon”) and Stephen Merchant (“Hello Ladies”). Music Guest: The Avett Brothers. (REPEAT)
• “Carson Daly” – Guillermo Diaz (“Scandal”) and Clairy Browne & the Bangin’ Rackettes. Music Guest: The Stepkids. (REPEAT)
• “Arsenio” – Cheryl Hines and Rachael Harris (“We Need Help”), plus Blair Underwood (“Ironside”). Music Guest: Nelly.
• “Conan” – Ten-year-old Samantha Gordon for her book “Sweet Feet: Samantha Gordon’s Winning Season”. Music Guest: Jake Owen.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Michael C. Hall (“Kill Your Darlings”) and Laura Bell Bundy.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Professional bull rider Jory Markiss.
• “Jon Stewart” – Michael Fassbender (“12 Years a Slave”). (REPEAT)
• “The Colbert Report” – Author David Finkel (“Thank You for Your Service”). (REPEAT)
This Week’s CDs Include Pearl Jam, Paul McCartney and Willie Nelson
• “Lightning Bolt”, Pearl Jam’s tenth album . . . which includes the singles “Mind Your Manners” and “Sirens”.
• “New”, Paul McCartney . . . His first new album in six years sounds a lot like his old days with Wings. Check out the title track on Paul’s YouTube channel.
• “Magpie and the Dandelion”, the eighth album from The Avett Brothers . . . The album is streaming on NPR.
• “Let’s Be Still”, the second album from The Head and the Heart
• “Make a Move”, the fifth album from Gavin DeGraw
• “New Constellation”, the sixth album from Toad the Wet Sprocket . . . It was financed through Kickstarter, with roughly 6,300 people contributing over $250,000. It’s their first album since “Coil” in 1997.
• “Pax Am Days”, Fall Out Boy . . . an eight-song EP that they recorded during a two-day session with Ryan Adams. You can check it out here.
• “Uncanney Valley”, the first album in 10 years from The Dismemberment Plan
• “Static”, the second album by the indie pop band Cults. It’s streaming on NPR.
• “Back Thar N’ Over Yonder”, Black Oak Arkansas . . . You can check out their awesome new song “Plugged in and Wired”, here.
• “20″, TLC. A greatest hits collection, including “Creep”, “Waterfalls”, “No Scrubs”, and “Unpretty” . . . plus the surviving members did a new track called “Meant to Be” that was written by Ne-Yo. That song will also be featured on the VH1 movie “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story“, which premieres next Monday.
• “A Mary Christmas”, a holiday album from Mary J. Blige. Her guests include: Barbra Streisand and Chris Botti on “When You Wish Upon a Star”, Jessie J on “Do You Hear What I Hear?”, and Marc Anthony on “Silent Night”.
• “To All the Girls”, a Willie Nelson duets album. Carrie Underwood helps on a remake of his hit “Always on My Mind” and Sheryl Crow sings on “Far Away Places”. His other guests include Dolly Parton, Miranda Lambert, Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, Norah Jones, Loretta Lynn and Roseanne Cash.
• “See You Tonight”, the second album from “Idol” winner Scotty McCreery. He co-wrote five of the songs, including the title track. Alison Krauss joins him for a song called “Carolina Moon”.
• “Never Give In”, the ninth album from Will Hoge. It includes the song “Strong”, which you may recognize from the Chevy Silverado commercials.
This Week’s DVDs Include “Pacific Rim” and Sandra Bullock’s “The Heat”
• “The Heat” is a buddy cop movie starring Sandra Bullock as an uptight FBI agent who’s forced to team up with a foul-mouthed Boston cop to take down a local drug lord. Melissa McCarthy is that new partner.
• “Pacific Rim” is that sci-fi movie about giant robots fighting monsters that have risen up from the Pacific Ocean. Charlie Hunnam from “Sons of Anarchy” plays a veteran who’s paired with a rookie in a desperate move to pilot an obsolete robot.
• “The Colony” is a sci-fi horror thriller starring Laurence Fishburne, Bill Paxton and “Air Bud” superstar Kevin Zegers. They’re survivors of the next ice age, who answer a distress call and find themselves hunted by crazed cannibals.
• “Hart of Dixie: The Complete Second Season”
• “Anger Management: Volume 2″
• “Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Five”
New “Wipeout” and “Pokemon” Games Are Out Today
• “Cabela’s African Adventures“ is the latest edition of the hunting game for the Xbox360, PS3, and Wii. You’ll be baggin’ the Big Five: lion, leopard, white rhinoceros, Cape buffalo and elephant. It’s bundled with the Top Shot Elite Firearm light gun.
• “Wipeout: Create & Crash” is out on Xbox360, Wii U, Wii, and 3DS. John Henson and John Anderson host new over-the-top courses and you can create your own obstacle courses to play against your friends in multiplayer. (Trailer)
• “Skylanders Swap Force“ on Xbox360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, and 3DS. The third game in the franchise lets you “swap” the top and bottom halves of 16 new Skylanders to combine their different powers. The Starter Bundles include a copy of the game, and a handful of characters to begin your collection. (Trailer)
“Pokémon X and Y“ are out on 3DS. The latest Pokémon game includes 3D graphics, “Mega” forms for fully evolved Pokémon, and Sky Battles that only flying Pokémon can participate in.
Like in previous games, certain Pokémon are only obtainable in either the X or Y versions, so you’ll have to trade with others in order to get all of them. (Trailer)
“Valhalla Knights 3″ is a Japanese role-playing game on Vita. You create a seven member battle-team and challenge other players online. (Trailer)
One Out of Three People Couldn’t Pick Their Neighbors Out of a Lineup
It’s amazing how little we know about our neighbors. One out of three people say they couldn’t pick their neighbors out of a lineup, half don’t know their neighbors’ first names, and seven out of 10 don’t know their neighbors’ last names.
Five Health Myths That Refuse to Die
Here are a few health myths that just REFUSE to die. Eating fatty foods makes you fat . . . all carbs are bad for you . . . gluten-free foods are automatically healthy . . . and you can lose belly fat by doing crunches.
Women Spend 14 Hours a Day Wearing Makeup . . . And They’re Afraid of Their Boss Seeing Them Without It
According to a new survey, the average woman spends 14 hours a DAY with makeup on, spends $287 a year buying it, and their biggest beauty-related fear is being caught by their BOSS without any makeup on.
What’s the Best Relationship Advice You Can Give in Just One Sentence?
What’s the best relationship advice you can give in just ONE sentence? Here are a few good examples: You can’t control someone’s actions, you can only control your response . . . it shouldn’t be the two of you fighting each other, it should be you two against the problem . . . and, marry somebody who laughs at the same things you do.
A Quarter of People Still Hate Selfies . . . the Rest of Us Have Accepted They’re Not Going Away
You can’t go a day on Facebook or Instagram without seeing someone’s new selfie. They’ve become completely ubiquitous . . . and it’s clear they’re not going away. It’s time to just accept it . . . and according to a new survey, most of us have.
In a survey of 2,000 adults, only a quarter said they don’t like to see people taking photos of themselves. The other 75% say they’ve gotten used to selfies. (Complex)
What’s the Best Day of the Week to Apply For a Job?
Everyone knows the best time to apply for a job is . . . when your current boss isn’t looking. So try to distract them next Monday.
According to a new study, people who apply for jobs on Mondays have the best chance of getting an interview . . . BY FAR. The theory here is that resumes pile up by the end of the week, so ones that come in on Monday get the most attention.
People who apply on Tuesdays have the second-best success rate. People who apply over the weekend do the worst . . . especially people who apply on Saturdays. (Yahoo)
We’d All Survive a Zombie Apocalypse . . . Because Animals Would Smell the Dead Flesh and Eat All the Zombies?
If the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE comes, don’t worry . . . we’d all survive just fine. According to a naturalist with the National Wildlife Federation, ANIMALS would save us. He says they’d smell all the dead flesh before the zombies could even infect us, then attack and EAT the zombies.
America’s First Bathroom-Themed Restaurant Opens . . . Where You Sit on Toilets and Eat Foods That Look Like Poop
America’s first BATHROOM-THEMED RESTAURANT just opened outside of Los Angeles. You sit on TOILETS instead of chairs, and eat FOODS that LOOK LIKE POOP out of mini toilets. The menu includes items like “golden poop,” which is a brown curry . . . and “black poop,” which is a chocolate sundae.
TITO JACKSON! – 60 (THE “Jackson” in The Jackson 5!)
Keyshia Cole – 32 (R&B minx.)
Zak Orth – 43 (Large, yet heroic, Aaron Pittman on “Revolution”.)
Ginuwine – 43
Dominic West – 44 (He WAS Detective Jimmy McNulty on “The Wire”.)
Paige Davis – 44 (“Trading Spaces” minx.)
Vanessa Marcil – 45 (Remember that uncomfortable moment in the first season of “The Surreal Life” when Vince Neil casually mentioned how he used to nail Corey Feldman’s wife? THAT WAS HER.)
BRENDA K. STARR! – 47 (’80s singing sensation. Remember “I Still Believe”? I do! More importantly, she DISCOVERED MARIAH CAREY.)
Saucy Sarah Ferguson – 54 (FERGIE. The British one, not the singer. She used to be a naughty topless-bathing member of the English Royal Family . . . then, a mini-chubby pimping Weight Watchers diets. But she still has the FIRE DOWN BELOW.)
Emeril Lagasse – 54
Tanya Roberts – 58 (Midge Pinciotti on “That ’70s Show”, red-headed minx from the old-school “Charlie’s Angels”, a Bond girl in “A View To Kill” and she was “Sheena”.)
Larry Miller – 60 (Funny. He was the dad in “10 Things I Hate About You”, the guy who used to nail Eugene Levy’s wife in “Best In Show” and Edwin Poole, the crazy partner from Crane Poole & Schmidt on “Boston Legal”.)
CHRIS DE BURGH! – 65 (“Lady In Red” genius who now claims to have HEALING HANDS that can reduce the pain of people with injuries! He doesn’t think he’s special, though. He believes we ALL have the power to heal! Me first!)
Richard Carpenter – 67 (The Carpenters)
Penny Marshall – 70 (Slutty half of the sitcom duo “Laverne & Shirley”.) (She’s a director now. Her movies include “Big”, “A League of Their Own” and “Riding in Cars with Boys”. Fred Armisen does a great impression of her.)
LINDA LAVIN! – 76 (The very sexy Alice on “Alice”! I lost my virginity to myself thinking about her in that sexy Mel’s Diner waitress outfit . . . SANS PANTIES. I think she may have kissed Flo’s grits, if you know what I mean . . . AND I THINK YOU DO!)
Lee Iacocca – 89 (Sexy former Chrysler chairman.)
Mario Puzo – (1920 – 1999) (Sexy author of “The Godfather”. However, necrophilia MAY be illegal in your state.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 1 day until Boss’s Day
• 16 days until Halloween
• 19 days until Daylight Savings Ends
• 24 days until “Thor: The Dark World”
• 44 days until Thanksgiving
• 1,193 days left of “Hope and Change”
153 years ago . . . in 1860 – 11-year-old Grace Bedell of Westfield, New York, wrote presidential candidate ABRAHAM LINCOLN a letter . . . suggesting he would look better if he GREW A BEARD. So he did. (Perhaps she also suggested he would be a more viable candidate if he MARRIED a beard. Which is where Mary Todd came in.) (???)
108 years ago . . . in 1905 – In an article in “Ladies Home Journal”, the very wise PRESIDENT GROVER CLEVELAND wrote that women shouldn’t be allowed to vote . . . because they’re too jealous, spiteful and vindictive by nature.
65 years ago . . . in 1948 – GERALD FORD married the very sexy model/dancer BETTY BLOOMER. (They were married until his death in 2006. Betty is the namesake of the Betty Ford Clinic, semi-permanent residence of Lindsay Lohan. She died in 2011. Betty, not Lindsay. Lindsay is still hangin’ on.)
62 years ago . . . in 1951 – “I Love Lucy” premiered on CBS. (It ran for six glorious seasons, then returned for another three seasons as the “Lucy and Desi Comedy Hour” before living on in reruns for over half a century.)
58 years ago . . . in 1955 – “The Grand Ole Opry” made its TV debut with guests LES PAUL and MARY FORD.
37 years ago . . . in 1976 - In the first debate of its kind between vice-presidential nominees, BOB DOLE (Republican) and WALTER MONDALE (Democrat) faced off in Houston. Bob LOVES the Viagra, ya know.
37 years ago . . . in 1976 – After having one too many cans o’ whoop-ass opened up on her, TINA TURNER split from IKE, personally and professionally.
31 years ago . . . in 1982 - The first “Evil Dead” was released. (It was followed by “Evil Dead 2″ and “Army of Darkness”. And starred the incomparable BRUCE CAMPBELL as Ash.)
23 years ago . . . in 1990 – MIKHAIL GORBACHEV was awarded the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE for his role in bringing the Cold War to an end.
22 years ago . . . in 1991 – Despite sexual harassment accusations by ANITA HILL, THE VERY RANDY JUDGE CLARENCE THOMAS won Senate confirmation for the Supreme Court.