Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Josh Hutcherson Says He Might Turn Gay One of These Days
“Hunger Games” star JOSH HUTCHERSON tells “Out” magazine that he’s straight . . . BUT THAT COULD CHANGE. He says, quote, “Maybe I could say right now I’m 100% straight. But who knows? In a [freakin'] year, I could meet a guy and be like, ‘Whoa, I’m attracted to this person’ . . . I think defining yourself as 100% anything is kind of near-sighted and close-minded.”
Louis From One Direction Had His Butt Slapped . . . And He Didn’t Appreciate It
: LOUIS TOMLINSON from ONE DIRECTION had his butt slapped by a fan during a day of surfing in Sydney. He was NOT happy about it. Luckily, there’s video.
Did Owen Wilson Make Another Baby?
OWEN WILSON is reportedly expecting a child in January with his personal trainer. She’s married, but has been separated since before she and Owen started fooling around. Owen also has a son who was born in January of 2011. He and the mother broke up a few months after the birth.
Is Jessica Simpson Firing Female Staff So Eric Johnson Won’t Cheat On Her?
After several years together and two kids, JESSICA SIMPSON still doesn’t trust fiancé ERIC JOHNSON. At least that’s what the “Star” tabloid claims.
Sources tell the magazine that Jessica is so worried about Eric cheating that she’s been firing female staff members so he won’t be tempted.
One source says, quote, “Jessica is away a lot for work, so that leaves Eric at home with the kids and staff. She doesn’t want him to have any pretty girls around. She even let go of a longtime employee and family friend because she feared Eric was flirting too much.”
Watch Rihanna Get a Tattoo Chiseled Into Her Hand
During her time in New Zealand recently, RIHANNA decided to get a traditional Maori tattoo on her hand. The thing about traditional Maori tattoos is that they’re actually CHISELED into your skin.
She took it like a bad-ass, though. (Here are some pics.)
Did Kris Jenner Leave Bruce So She Could Date Younger Men?
Sources say KRIS JENNER left BRUCE so she could start COUGARING. One source says, quote, “The separation was Kris’ idea. She’s tired of being held down. She wants to date, and she wants to date younger men.” She’s already been linked to “Bachelor”BEN FLAJNIK and BRITNEY SPEARS’ ex, JASON TRAWICK.
Khloe and Lamar Were Together Tuesday
KHLOE KARDASHIAN and LAMAR ODOM were spotted together Tuesday, in an SUV headed for KRIS JENNER’S house. This was after Kris and her husband BRUCE announced their separation. (Here’s a picture.)
Benedict Cumberbatch and Rebel Wilson are On “People’s” Ones to Watch List
“People”magazine’s Ones to Watch list includes Benedict Cumberbatch, Rebel Wilson, country singer Kacey Musgraves and Michael B. Jordan, to name a few.
Oprah’s Real Name is Orpah . . . and 11 Other Interesting Celebrity Facts
Did you know that OPRAH WINFREY’S real first name is ORPAH . . . or that MICHAEL J. FOX’S middle name is Anthony? That’s just one of 11 Interesting Celebrity Facts we have for you.
1. Jack Nicholson grew up believing his grandmother was his mother, and his mother was his sister. Jack was an illegitimate child, and his mom was 17 when she had him . . . so an arrangement was made.
Jack didn’t find out until 1974, when he was 37. Both his mom and grandmother were gone by then.
2. Oprah Winfrey’s given name was actually ORPAH, after the sister of Ruth in the Bible. But so many people said and spelled it wrong, she just gave up.
3. Kanye North and Kanye South are parliamentary constituencies in the African nation of Botswana. (There is no Kanye West. I wish I lived in Botswana.)
4. Richard Gere’s middle name is Tiffany.
5. It’s impossible to block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook.
6. Buzz Aldrin’s mother’s maiden name was “Moon”.
7. Although he played Fonzie for 10 years on “Happy Days”, Henry Winkler never learned to ride a motorcycle. (Although he did ride it for a few seconds in the opening credits.)
8. Steve Jobs’ annual salary as CEO of Apple was ONE DOLLAR.
9. Before he was famous, Sylvester Stallone had a job cleaning out lion cages.
10. Dr. Ruth trained as a sniper for the Israeli army. In 1948, she was wounded in action by an exploding shell during the Israeli War of Independence.
(Here’s an even MORE interesting fact about Dr. Ruth: She lost her virginity at 17 . . . quote, “on a starry night, in a haystack WITHOUT CONTRACEPTION.”) (!!!)
11. Michael J. Fox’s middle name is Andrew. When he joined the Screen Actors Guild, there was already a “Michael Fox”, so he added the “J”. He didn’t want to be “Michael A. Fox”, because he thought people would make a joke out of it.
Jimmy Kimmel and Kanye West Made Nice Last Night on “Jimmy Kimmel Live”, Sort Of
JIMMY KIMMEL and KANYE WEST made nice last night on “Jimmy Kimmel Live”. Jimmy apologized for upsetting Kanye, who he said he knew personally to be a misunderstood guy. And while Kanye didn’t apologize for his outburst, he did admit it was a knee-jerk reaction. He also went on a long rant detailing why he feels so disrespected by the media.
Expect some “Notable Deaths” Early in the New Season of “The Walking Dead”
Season Four of “The Walking Dead” premieres this Sunday on AMC, and it’s going to kick off with some serious chaos.
E! News says there are “notable deaths” early on. The site adds, quote, “In just the first two episodes alone, there are THREE deaths, including love interests and friends.” They didn’t name any names.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “Thursday Night Football” . . . 8:25 to 11:25 P.M. Eastern on NFL Network. The Chicago Bears host the New York Giants at Soldier Field in Chicago.
• “The X Factor” [Four-Chair Challenge] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox.
• “Once Upon A Time in Wonderland” [Series Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. Sophie Lowe plays Alice, who’s saved from an asylum by the Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the White Rabbit (John Lithgow).
• “Parks & Recreation” . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on NBC. Kristen Bell guest stars.
• “The Millers” . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on CBS. Eliza Coupe from “Happy Ending” guest stars as Nathan’s ex-wife Janice.
• “Glee”. . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. The gang of McKinley High bids their final farewell to Finn Hudson. Cory Monteith passed away on July 13th.
• “Grey’s Anatomy” . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. The hospital holds a fund raiser.
• “The Michael J. Fox Show” . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Anne Heche guest stars as an NBC news anchor.
• “Pawn Star$” [8th Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on History.
• “Million Dollar Shoppers” [Series Premiere] . . . 10:30 to 11:30 P.M. on Lifetime. This new reality show focuses on high-end personal shoppers.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• “The Today Show” – Author Helen Fielding (“Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy”) and chef Chris Kimball.
• “Good Morning America” – Kelly Clarkson and Will.I.Am announce the nominees for the American Music Awards. Plus: Sandra Oh (“Grey’s Anatomy”) and long distance swimmer Diana Nyad.
• “CBS This Morning” – Alicia Keys (“The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete”), “Fortune” magazine’s Pattie Sellers, Boston Beer Company CEO James Koch, and Marc Ecko Enterprises CEO Marc Ecko.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• “Live! With Kelly and Michael” – David Boreanaz (“Bones”) and Sandra Oh (“Grey’s Anatomy”).
• “The View” – John Legend and the cast of “Good Morning America”. Giuliana Rancic co-hosts.
• “Rachael Ray” – Jessica Seinfeld for her cookbook “The Can’t Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!”. Chef Bobby Flay co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• “Ellen DeGeneres” – Patrick Dempsey (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Mike O’Malley (“Glee” and “Welcome to the Family”), plus guest DJ’s Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump. Music Guest: Fall Out Boy.
• “The Talk” – “Last Man Standing’s” Tim Allen (“Toy Story of Terror”) and chef Rick Bayless.
• “Katie Couric” – Scott Baio and Ryan Newman (“See Dad Run”), plus a 12-year-old girl who survived a brain-eating amoeba she got from swimming in a lake.
• “Steve Harvey” – Reverend Al Sharpton for his new book “The Rejected Stone: Al Sharpton and the Path to American Leadership”.
• “Dr. Phil” – “Pregnant at 11″. Dr. Phil speaks with an 11-year-old girl who became pregnant with her then 13-year-old boyfriends baby.
• “Dr. Oz Show” – Tennis star Venus Williams discuss the disease she is fighting which took seven years to diagnose, plus Dr. Oz discuss connecting mind, body and soul through the use of meditation.
• “Wendy Williams” – Music Guest: John Legend.
• “Bethenny” – Anthony Mackie (“Runner Runner”), model Toccara Jones and Andrea Kelly (“Hollywood Exes”).
• “Queen Latifah Show” – Jennifer Hudson (“The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete”), Guillermo Diaz (“Scandal”), and chef Lorena Garcia.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Kunal Nayyar (“The Big Bang Theory”).
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Owen Wilson (“Free Birds”), plus NBA stars Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan. Music Guest: Panic! At the Disco.
• “The Tonight Show” – Lauren Graham (“Parenthood”) and author Chris Matthews (“Tip and the Gipper: When Politics Worked”). Music Guest: Tom Odell.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Katy Perry and Jessica Seinfeld pimps her cookbook. Music Guests: Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck.
• “Carson Daly” – Katie Dippold (“Parks and Recreation”) and “Mad Men” producer Matthew Weiner. Music Guests: Foals. (REPEAT)
• “Arsenio” – Tyra Banks (“America’s Next Top Model”), Daymond John (“Shark Tank”), and comedian Chris Spencer.
• “Conan” – Jennifer Aniston (“We’re the Millers”) and Paul Scheer (“NTSF:SD:SUV”). Music Guest: Twenty One Pilots. (REPEAT)
• “Craig Ferguson” – Ginnifer Goodwin (“Once Upon a Time”) and comedian Stephen Wright.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Jennifer Hudson (“The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete”).
• “Jon Stewart” – Author Brian Jay Jones (“Jim Henson: The Biography”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Reed Albergotti and Vanessa O’Connell (“Wheelmen: Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France, and the Greatest Sports Conspiracy Ever”).
The Jonas Brothers Have Canceled Their Upcoming Tour Due to a “Deep Rift Within the Band”
THE JONAS BROTHERS have canceled the 19-date tour they were supposed to launch tomorrow. A spokesperson said, quote, “There is a deep rift within the band. There was a big disagreement over their music direction.” There are no specifics, but supposedly it was over “creative differences.”
Ten New Stats on Drinking in America . . . From Our Favorite Beers to the Most Hungover Workers
A new study on drinking in the U.S. found the average American CLAIMS they only have about five drinks a week . . . but they really have 16. The three most popular drinks are beer, vodka, and red wine . . . Blue Moon is the most popular beer . . . half of us have gone to work hungover . . . and women are 40% more likely to drunk dial an ex than men.
1. The average American says they have 277 drinks per year, which averages out to about five a week. But they ACTUALLY have 819 drinks a year, or almost 16 a week.
2. The four states that drink the most are Maine, Wyoming, Alaska, and Delaware.
3. The top three most popular drinks are beer, vodka, and red wine.
4. America’s favorite beer is Blue Moon. Sam Adams came in second, and Bud Light came in third.
5. The most popular cocktail for men is rum and coke . . . for women it’s a margarita. The most popular shot for men is a Jagerbomb . . . for women it’s a lemon drop.
6. The three drinks that cause the worst hangovers are tequila, vodka, and red wine.
7. 50% of people have been hungover at work. The five jobs where people are most likely to work with a hangover are waiters, realtors, sales, cops, and chefs.
8. Women are 40% more likely to drunk dial an ex than men.
9. Men are three times more likely than women to try to cure a hangover by having sex.
10. The sports fans who drink the most are . . . GOLF fans. The rest of the top five drunkest sports fans are auto racing, hockey, baseball, and football.
The Best Cure For a Hangover Is . . . Sprite?
According to a new study, the best cure for a hangover is . . . SPRITE. Supposedly it does the best job breaking down the chemical compound that causes hangovers. Herbal tea does the worst job . . . and can even make your hangover feel WORSE.
How Would You Sum Up Your Life in One Short Sentence?
: This can be pretty entertaining . . . or lead you down a road of tough self-reflection. How would you summarize your life in just ONE short sentence? Some of the best ones we’ve seen are: “Always played it safe, now life is stable but boring” . . . “No real problems to worry about, still feel crappy” . . . and “Somehow ended up in Brazil, still single.”
1. From books to drugs, back to books.
2. Always played it safe, now life is stable but boring.
3. Stepped up to the plate, struck out, but still swinging.
4. No real problems to worry about, still feel crappy.
5. Somehow ended up in Brazil . . . still single.
6. High school dropout, two kids and two DUIs by 21 . . . now successful restaurant owner.
7. Adult me is disappointed, but kid me would think that I’m seriously awesome.
8. Radio superstar, average sized junk, but huge testicles. (Reddit)
A Woman Runs Herself Over Trying to Get Away From a Bee
Ultimately, this woman should’ve just taken a few bee stings and dealt with the minor pain they caused . . . to avoid this MAJOR pain.
Earlier this week, 56-year-old Donna Row-Breidstein of Packwood, Washington was driving her Ford Explorer when a BEE got inside and stung her. She jumped out of the moving car to get away from the bee . . . and the car RAN OVER HER LEG.
She was airlifted to a hospital in Seattle for leg and ankle injuries. Her car kept going, and only stopped when it plowed into a parked car. (Lewis County Chronicle)
A Man Jumps Off a Moving Train to Get Back His Cell Phone . . . and Fails
I know it costs a ton to buy a cell phone when you’re not signing up for a new two-year contract. But saving $350 on a phone isn’t worth $350,000 in medical bills.
On Monday, 26-year-old Eddie Diaz was getting on a commuter train in West Palm Beach, Florida when he realized he’d left his cell phone on a bench on the platform. So as the train was leaving the station, he decided to become an ACTION HERO.
Eddie pulled the emergency stop lever, pushed open the train doors, and tried to jump to the platform to get his phone back. But . . . he missed. He slipped, crashed down onto the tracks, and is now hospitalized in critical condition with a head injury. (Palm Beach Post)
When a Pilot Passes Out, a Passenger With No Training Has to Land the Plane . . . and Does
: On Tuesday night, a pilot was flying a small plane in England when he PASSED OUT. There was only one passenger on the plane, and he had to LAND the thing . . . even though he had ZERO training. And . . . he did. Two flight instructors coached him as he brought the plane down for a bumpy but safe landing.
A School Cancels Halloween Because It’s Too Religious?
An elementary school in Pennsylvania just canceled its Halloween celebrations . . . because of, quote, “religious overtones.” They didn’t say WHAT religious overtones . . . but Halloween has historical roots in both pagan AND Christian traditions. Even though NO ONE thinks of it that way anymore, so we’re not sure what the big deal is.
Aimee Teegarden – 24 (Julie on “Friday Night Lights” and Ghostface’s first victim in “Scream 4″. She’ll star in an upcoming CW show called “Star-Crossed”, about a “Roswell”-type romance between a teenager and an alien hiding at her school.)
Mya – 35 (Nubian singing minx and former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant.)
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. – 39 (NASCAR redneck.)
Mario Lopez – 40 (He parlayed his vast “Saved By The Bell” experience into hosting duties on “Extra” and Miss America pageants. He’s also an UNREPENTANT POON-HOUND.)
Tiffany Mynx – 42 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 454 fine films including . . . “Nymphomercials”, “License to Thrill”, “Quantum Deep”, “Single White Shemale”, and “Obama is Nailin’ Palin”.)
Wendi McLendon-Covey – 44 (Foul-mouthed cousin Rita in “Bridesmaids”, Deputy Johnson on “Reno 911!”. Now she plays the mom on ABC’s “The Goldbergs”.)
Manu Bennett – 44 (Crixus in the “Spartacus” shows. He’s also in the “Hobbit” movies as the Azog, the leader of the Orcs.)
Brett Favre – 44 (His legacy should remain intact and ensured . . . even though he did just about everything he could to tarnish it in his last years in the NFL.)
Jodi Benson – 52 (The voice of Ariel in “The Little Mermaid”.)
Martin Kemp – 52 (Spandau Ballet’s bass player.)
Julia Sweeney – 54 (“SNL”, “It’s Pat!”)
Bradley Whitford – 54 (He was Josh Lyman on “The West Wing” and Danny Tripp on “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”. He also got to play the guy Patrick Jane murdered in cold blood on “The Mentalist”, believing he was Red John . . . and he was in “Cabin in the Woods” . . . one of the better horror flicks of the last few years. Now he’s on the new ABC show “Trophy Wife”.)
Tanya Tucker – 55 (Sexually promiscuous country minx.)
David Lee Roth – 59 (What’s with the suspenders and the newsboy cap these days, bro?)
Ben Vereen – 67 (Chicken George in “Roots”.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to “The Walking Dead”
• 6 days until Boss’s Day
• 21 days until Halloween
• 24 days until Daylight Savings Ends
• 49 days until Thanksgiving
• 1,198 days left of “Hope and Change”
114 years ago . . . in 1899 – The BICYCLE FRAME WAS PATENTED by MR. I.R. JOHNSON.
70 years ago . . . in 1943 – The FIRST Lassie movie, “Lassie Come Home”, premiered . . . starring young RODDY MCDOWALL and ELIZABETH TAYLOR. Roddy McDowall was only 15 then.
56 years ago . . . in 1957 - “Zorro”, starring an apparent gringo, GUY WILLIAMS, debuted on ABC. His REAL name, however, was Armand Catalano.
51 years ago . . . in 1962 – BOBBY “BORIS” PICKETT’S smash “The Monster Mash” was BANNED by the BBC because they thought the song was offensive.
47 years ago . . . in 1966 - MILTON BRADLEY released the very naughty game for horny would-be contortionists . . . TWISTER.
45 years ago . . . in 1968 – “Barbarella” was released. JANE FONDA starred as a space minx out to save the universe from the evil Durand-Durand . . . which ended up being the inspiration for the name of the band DURAN DURAN. (True.)
43 years ago . . . in 1970 – NEIL DIAMOND had his first #1 song . . . “Cracklin’ Rosie”.
38 years ago . . . in 1975 – ELIZABETH TAYLOR married Husband #5, RICHARD BURTON . . . again . . . just a little over a year after their divorce. They divorced . . . again . . . about 10 months later. (But hey . . . at least Lindsay Lohan got a gig out of it.)
35 years ago . . . in 1978 - PRESIDENT CARTER signed a bill authorizing the SUSAN B. ANTHONY DOLLAR . . . which died a quick death because it looked and felt too much like a quarter.
35 years ago . . . in 1978 – STEVEN TYLER and JOE PERRY of AEROSMITH were injured during a concert in Philadelphia when an excited fan THREW A CHERRY BOMB ON STAGE. For many moons afterwards, Aerosmith would only perform behind a chain-link fence.
33 years ago . . . in 1980 – BILLIE “BUCKWHEAT” THOMAS fell victim to the Curse of the Little Rascals when he died of a heart attack at the age of 49. It was definitely not O-TAY.
32 years ago . . . in 1981 - The “Laverne & Shirley” CARTOON debuted on ABC.
32 years ago . . . in 1981 - In Cairo, funeral services were held for slain Egyptian leader ANWAR SADAT. He was assassinated by Muslim extremists angered by his PEACE agreement with Israel.
28 years ago . . . in 1985 - The mantastic, bald-headed YUL BRYNNER passed away at age 65 of lung cancer.
22 years ago . . . in 1991 - Joseph Harris, an ex-postal worker, killed three other postal workers and a woman in New Jersey . . . and inspired the term “GOING POSTAL”.
21 years ago . . . in 1992 - “The Chase”, by GARTH BROOKS, debuted at #1 on “Billboard’s” pop AND country album charts, knocking BILLY RAY CYRUS’ “Some Gave All” from the top spot on each.
9 years ago . . . in 2004 - The entire planet mourned a world without a Superman when the great CHRISTOPHER REEVE passed away.
7 years ago . . . in 2006 – GOOGLE bought YOUTUBE in a $1.65 BILLION deal.