Your daily dose of whatever includes:
- Your Grammy winners
- Ridiculous things that the TSA has found
- A bra that only opens for “true love”…awwwwww
Daft Punk and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Were the Big Winners at the Grammys
DAFT PUNK were the big winners at last night’s “Grammys”, taking home FIVE trophies including Album of the Year. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS got FOUR . . . and JAY Z, who had the most nominations with nine, only came away with ONE Grammy.
The Grammy Winners You Care About
Album of the Year: “Random Access Memories”, Daft Punk
Record of the Year: “Get Lucky”, Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
Song of the Year: “Royals”, Lorde
Best New Artist: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Best Pop Album: “Unorthodox Jukebox”, Bruno Mars
Best Traditional Pop Album: “To Be Loved”, Michael Bublé
Best Pop Solo Performance: “Royals”, Lorde
Best Pop Performance By a Duo or Group: “Get Lucky”, Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
Best Dance Recording: “Clarity”, Zedd featuring Foxes
Best Dance / Electronica Album: “Random Access Memories”, Daft Punk
Best Rock Song: “Cut Me Some Slack”, Dave Grohl, Paul McCartney, Krist Novoselic & Pat Smear
Best Rock Album: “Celebration Day”, Led Zeppelin
Best Rock Performance: “Radioactive”, Imagine Dragons
Best Metal Performance: “God Is Dead?”, Black Sabbath
Best Alternative Music Album: “Modern Vampires of the City”, Vampire Weekend
Best R&B Song: “Pusher Love Girl”, Justin Timberlake
Best R&B Album: “Girl on Fire”, Alicia Keys
Best R&B Performance: “Something”, Snarky Puppy with Lalah Hathaway
Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance: “Please Come Home”, Gary Clark Jr.
Best Rap Song: “Thrift Shop”, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
Best Rap Album: “The Heist”, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Best Rap Performance: “Thrift Shop”, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: “Holy Grail”, Jay Z featuring Justin Timberlake
Best Urban Contemporary Album: “Unapologetic”, Rihanna
Best Country Song: “Merry Go ‘Round”, Kacey Musgraves
Best Country Album: “Same Trailer Different Park”, Kacey Musgraves
Best Country Solo Performance: “Wagon Wheel”, Darius Rucker
Best Country Performance By a Duo or Group: “From This Valley”, The Civil Wars
And here are a few other random winners:
Best Americana Album: “Old Yellow Moon”, Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell
Best Comedy Album: “Calm Down Gurrl”, Kathy Griffin
Best Contemporary Christian Music Album: “Overcomer”, former “American Idol” star Mandisa . . . The title track also won Best Contemporary Christian Music Song.
Best Score: “Skyfall”, Thomas Newman
Best Song Written for Visual Media: Adele’s “Skyfall” theme
Best Music Video: “Suit & Tie”, Justin Timberlake featuring Jay-Z
Best Spoken Word Album: “America Again: Re-becoming The Greatness We Never Weren’t”, Stephen Colbert
Best Music Film: “Live Kisses”, Paul McCartney
The Grammy Performances
: The big performance at last night’s Grammys was MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS . . . because 33 couples got MARRIED during it, and some were of the same sex. QUEEN LATIFAH and MADONNA were also part of it. Meanwhile, BEYONCÉ twerked a little and LORDE kind of looked like Gollum from “Lord of the Rings”, but she sang great.
The Grammy Fashion Rundown: Including Pharrell’s Ridiculous Hat, and Madonna Dressed Like the Villain from “Poltergeist 2″
: The most-talked about fashion moment from last night’s Grammys was . . . hands-down . . . PHARRELL’S very large, and oddly shaped hat. But others made interesting fashion choices, including Madonna, Clown from Slipknot, Neil Young, Ciara and Paris Hilton.
It’s not exactly NEW . . . it’s been in Pharrell’s hat-rotation since at least 2009 . . . however, that didn’t keep it from becoming a SENSATION during the Grammys.
The hat immediately got its own obligatory Twitter account . . . @PharrellHat . . . and drew comparisons to a state trooper or Canadian Mountie, Smokey the Bear, Diglett from Pokemon, the “Sorting Hat” from “Harry Potter”, and the Arby’s logo.
MADONNA showed up with her adopted son David Banda. He’s eight years old now . . . and was looking sharp. Madonna wore a matching tux . . . but her outfit reminded us of Reverend Henry Kane, the villain from “Poltergeist 2″.
Madonna was also wearing GRILLZ on her teeth. She said, quote, “It pisses everyone off when I wear my grill, so that’s why I wear it . . . when it matches my outfit.” She also said that she let David decide what they would wear.
YOKO ONO and her son SEAN LENNON were also down with the Madonna-like black hat style. But AEROSMITH singer STEVEN TYLER went his own way, and wore all white. Steven was also sporting some facial hair . . . a sweet mustache, plus a little on his chin.
NEIL YOUNG ALSO wore a black hat . . . but he didn’t tuck in his shirt.
CIARA showed up wearing a gold-colored gown that showed off her growing baby bump. She said it was hard to keep up with her fluctuating body shape, and added, quote, “Three to four fittings were necessary.”
KATY PERRY wore a long white dress, with black music notes on it, that was partially see-though . . . mostly from the thighs down.
PARIS HILTON, who was there for some reason, was wearing a dress that made it look like you could see down her sides and her BUTT-CHEEKS . . . but there was a skin-colored part of the dress underneath.
BEYONCÉ also went with the sheer look, which revealed a lot of skin and skin-colored fabric, but hers was STUNNING . . . especially compared to Paris’ dress. And during her performance with JAY Z, Beyoncé went with a sexy, wet-hair look. Somehow that worked.
ROBIN THICKE’S wife PAULA PATTON was wearing black and white stripes . . . sort of like what Robin was wearing during his infamous “VMA” performance with MILEY CYRUS. Only hers is more zebra-like . . . and see-through.
ANNA KENDRICK was wearing a dress that showed off some nice side-boob.
The guys in DAFT PUNK were dressed as robots, as usual.
MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS were wearing sharp suits that appeared to be made out of some VERY fine upholstery.
PINK wore red. She claimed she’d never worn red on the red carpet before.
TAYLOR SWIFT wore a “chain-mail” gown with a T-shirt neckline . . . or so the Internet says. All I know is that she looks classy. She said, quote, “It’s so scratchy, I love it. I think it’s bulletproof! . . . It’s like a suit of armor.”
KELLY OSBOURNE had light-purple colored hair, and was wearing a necklace backward. It made her look like her head was screwed-on backward, but maybe it’s just a new trend or something.
By the way, OZZY and SHARON OSBOURNE looked happy again at a Grammy pre-party, when they KISSED.
JULIA ROBERTS’ black dress showed off some cleavage during the show.
BLAKE SHELTON wore jeans . . . and MIRANDA LAMBERT showed off all the skin that’s between her breasts, if that’s something you’re into seeing.
LORDE didn’t show any skin whatsoever . . . and that’s OK because it totally fits her vibe. And, you know, she’s only 17.
Whatever GLORIA ESTEFAN was wearing, at times it looked like her THROAT HAD BEEN SLASHED.
Did Justin Bieber’s Family and Friends Stage Some Sort of Intervention in Panama?
JUSTIN BIEBER flew to Panama over the weekend, where, according to the Internet, his family and friends staged some sort of “intervention.” There’s no evidence that it was any more than a vacation . . . but it is interesting that so many people close to Justin did supposedly gather there.
Was Justin Bieber’s Arrest Exaggerated? He May Not Have Been Drunk or Drag Racing After All
JUSTIN BIEBER is still in trouble over his DUI arrest last week . . . but it may not be quite as bad as you’ve heard. According to the latest reports, Justin had a “barely measurable” amount of alcohol in his system when he took his two Breathalyzer tests . . . and he may not have been “drag racing” after all.
But still, even Florida’s “zero tolerance” law for underage drivers requires a reading of .02%. So .011% is a barely measurable amount.
So maybe Justin wasn’t legally drunk . . . but he did admit to also smoking pot and taking prescription meds . . . and he FAILED a field sobriety test.
So he probably WAS driving under the influence, and he probably WAS too impaired to drive.
Bieber Arrest Randoms: Did Justin Get Special Treatment . . . Justin’s Drug Use at Home . . . and His Latest Tweet
1. This isn’t related to JUSTIN BIEBER’S arrest . . . but three Florida cops have been suspended for allegedly giving Justin a police escort last Monday, as he went from the airport to a STRIP CLUB. This was when Justin first arrived in Miami.
It’s not clear who gave the go-ahead for this, but it’s being investigated.
2. Meanwhile, RadarOnline says Justin received special treatment in the jail he was being held at after his arrest. And supposedly, with all the attention focused on him, some other inmates had their scheduled releases delayed by a few hours.
But an official from the jail says, quote, “There’s always a lockdown when you have to move a high-profile inmate. That’s just our standard procedure.”
3. TMZ has photos of the kitchen in Justin’s house from about a year ago, where you can see that it’s filled with weed and various drug paraphernalia.
4. Justin’s former housekeeper says drugs have turned Justin “into a zombie” . . . and she adds, quote, “I’m terrified he’ll become the next Michael Jackson. If he doesn’t act now, I will hear one day that he has passed away. It’s heartbreaking.”
Does Jennifer Lawrence Look Like Egyptian Actress Zubaida Tharwat?
JENNIFER LAWRENCE may have a celebrity doppleganger . . . but it’s nobody you know. Her name is ZUBAIDA THARWAT, and she’s an Egyptian actress.
She’s 73 now, but when she was Jennifer’s age, there were definitely similarities.
(Check out a side-by-side comparison here. And scroll down for a gallery of celebrity dopplegangers that suggests Jennifer and RENEE ZELLWEGER are look-alikes.)
Kristen Stewart Plans to Shave Her Head and Tattoo Her Skull
KRISTEN STEWART has an interesting item on her bucket list. She says, quote, “I’m definitely going to shave my head before I die. I will definitely tattoo my head while it’s shaved before my hair grows back.
“I’m not sure which part, probably the bottom quadrant in the back. I don’t know what the tattoo would be, yet. Still thinking.”
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Was BRITNEY SPEARS wearing a wedding ring this weekend?
2. Check out a gallery of what celebrities might look like if they weren’t famous.
4. Sexy Video: LEONARDO DICAPRIO showed up while JONAH HILL was doing his “Saturday Night Live” monologue, and they recreated the famous “I’m flying” scene from “Titanic”.
Did Susan Boyle Apply for a Job That Pays $10.65 an Hour?
The “New York Post” says that SUSAN BOYLE recently applied for a job that pays $10.65 an hour. Sources say she walked into a BETTING PARLOR near her home in Scotland called Ladbrokes, and asked for an application.
The thing is, Susan is worth a reported $33 MILLION . . . so she doesn’t need the money. And that wasn’t her motivation.
A so-called “witness” says, quote, “I think she saw it as a way of getting out of the house and taking her mind off things. I have seen her around the town and she can appear a bit lonely. She likes to be with people who know her and will look out for her.”
Firefighters Were Called to an Australian Hotel . . . But It Was Just Snoop Lighting Up in His Room
Police were called to an Australian hotel Thursday night, after the smoke detector in one of the rooms went off. But it turned out that was SNOOP DOGG’S room . . . and he was just, you know, doing what Snoop do.
But the firemen were cool, and Snoop even took pictures with them. And by the way, there’s no word WHAT Snoop was smoking. (Check out the pics here.)
“Ride Along” Was #1 Again, While “I, Frankenstein” Didn’t Even Crack the Top 5
KEVIN HART and ICE CUBE’S cop comedy “Ride Along” was #1 at the box office again this weekend, pulling in another $21.2 million. That brings its two-week total to $75.4 million.
Here are this week’s Top 10 movies:
1. “Ride Along”, $21.2 million. Up to $75.4 million in its 2nd week.
2. “Lone Survivor”, $12.6 million. Up to $93.6 million in its 5th week.
3. “The Nut Job”, $12.3 million. Up to $40.3 million in its 2nd week.
4. “Frozen”, $9 million. Up to $348 million in its 10th week.
5. “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”, $8.8 million. Up to $30.2 million in its 2nd week.
6. (NEW) “I, Frankenstein”, $8.3 million.
7. “American Hustle”, $7.1 million. Up to $127 million in its 7th week.
8. “August: Osage County”, $5.04 million. Up to $26.5 million in its 5th week.
9. “The Wolf of Wall Street”, $5 million. Up to $98 million in its 5th week.
10. “Devil’s Due”, $2.8 million. Up to $12.9 million in its 2nd week.
Monday TV Reminders:
• “How I Met Your Mother” . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on CBS. Tonight’s episode is told entirely from the perspective of Ted’s future wife, the mother from the show’s title played by Cristin Milioti. You’ll get a look at what her life’s been like over the past eight years.
• The 8:00 p.m. episode of NBC’s “Hollywood Game Night” features Colbie Smulders, Angie Harmon, Mayim Bailik, Henry Winkler, “SNL’s” Taran Killam, and Mark Feuerstein from “Royal Pains”.
• The 9:00 p.m. episode of “Hollywood Game Night” has Michelle Trachtentenberg, Mel B., Padma Lakshmi, Erika Christensen, Michael Weatherly, and Nate Berkus.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Louis C.K., Marine veteran B.J. Ganem, and Arctic Monkeys.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Chris O’Donnell (“NCIS Los Angeles”) and Paul George of the Indiana Pacers.
• “The Tonight Show” – Magic Johnson, Dana Carvey, and A Great Big World.
RELATED COMEDY: Jay Leno supports NBC’s decision to replace him with Jimmy Fallon. Because he can use a six month break before coming back to replace him.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Johnny Knoxville, and Barry Gibb.
• “Carson Daly” – A look at the Improv Everywhere documentary We Cause Scenes. Music Guest: Capital Cities.
• “Arsenio” – Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas, the two girls who play her in the new Lifetime movie, and UFC president Dana White. Music Guest: Ty Dolla $ign.
• “Conan” – Bill Hader and Breckin Meyer. Music Guest: The Strypes. (REPEAT)
• “Craig Ferguson” – Michael Sheen, and the Lone Bellow. (REPEAT)
• “Chelsea Lately” – Andy Samberg.
• “Jon Stewart” – Comedian Jeff Garlin.
• “The Colbert Report” – Nate Silver, the editor-in-chief of ESPN’s FiveThirtyEight blog.
Five Random Facts For Monday
Here are some random facts for you. January is the coldest month in the U.S. of the past CENTURY. Strippers who are ovulating make about $15 per hour more than strippers who aren’t. And if you make at least $21,000-a-year, you’re part of the richest 4% of the world.
1. This is NOT going to be a surprise to anyone who’s stepped outside this month . . . but January is the coldest month in the U.S. of the past CENTURY. Four of the 10 coldest days in the past 100 years have occurred this month.
2. A study found strippers who are ovulating make about $15 per hour more than strippers who are in other parts of their cycles.
3. There are craters in North Dakota, Quebec, France, and the Ukraine that were all caused at the same time by fragments of the same asteroid about 215.5 million years ago.
4. If you make at least $21,000-a-year, you’re part of the richest 4% of the world.
5. SpongeBob SquarePants was supposed to be named SpongeBoy and the show would be called “SpongeBoy Ahoy!” But it turned out someone already owned a trademark on a character called SpongeBoy, so it changed to SpongeBob.
55% of People Will Watch the Super Bowl For the Commercials This Year
Are you watching the Super Bowl for the football or the commercials? The odds are . . . yeah, it’s the commercials. Well done, brainwashing experts of corporate America.
In a new survey, 55% of people say they’re looking forward to the Super Bowl ads more than the game or as much as the game. That number includes 67% of women and 44% of men. (PR Newswire)
You Can End an Argument by Dimming the Lights
According to a new study, the key to ending an ARGUMENT with your husband or wife is . . . just dim the lights. But it’s NOT to make things sexy . . . so you don’t also need to put on the SISQO CD and light a candle.
The researchers found bright lights make people more AGGRESSIVE and EMOTIONAL . . . so when they dimmed the lights, the couples got less upset and it diffused their arguments. (Daily Mail)
3% of People Say Cheating Doesn’t Count If It Happens in Another Country
According to a new survey, 3% of people say it doesn’t count as cheating on your significant other if you’re on different CONTINENTS. The survey also found 5% of people have cheated on their significant other on vacation.
There’s a New Bra That Only Opens When It Senses You’re Around “True Love”
There’s a new bra in Japan that only opens when a woman is around “true love.” It monitors her heart rate, looking for changes that indicate she’s around someone she loves . . . and when she is, YOU can open the bra. There’s no word on whether it’ll come to the U.S.
Do You Rely on Online Reviews? One-in-Five Are Written by People Who’ve Never Even Tried the Product
Don’t believe everything you read in online reviews. According to a new survey, 21% of Americans who’ve reviewed a product or service admit they never actually tried it.
What’s Something People Do That You Hate . . . But Love to Do Yourself?
What’s something people do that you HATE . . . but love to do yourself? A few examples are clicking the end of a pen . . . driving the speed limit . . . and talking about your dreams.
1. Singing along with music in the car. Everyone thinks, “THEIR singing ruins the song. Only I’M allowed to sing, because my singing enhances the music.”
2. Clicking the end of a pen. It’s so annoying when other people do it, but amazingly therapeutic when YOU do it.
3. Driving the speed limit. When you’re behind someone driving the speed limit, you’re like, “Get off the road, GRANDMA.” When YOU’RE driving the speed limit and someone’s tailgating YOU, it’s like, “Eff you, guy, I’m driving the legal limit.”
4. Talking about dreams. Face it: The dream someone had last night is boring and you don’t want to hear about it. The dream YOU had, on the other hand, is amazing and vivid.
5. Hooking up with someone else after a relationship ends. After a break-up, it’s cool for YOU to go out to get-it-on . . . but the world ENDS if your ex does the same thing.
6. Leaving something in a store where it doesn’t belong. When someone else does it, it’s because they’re lazy and rude. When you do it, it’s because you’re busy and it’s fine. (Reddit)
The Six Most Ridiculous Things the TSA Found Last Year
The TSA just released their annual report on the stuff they confiscated last year. They took 1,813 guns in carry-ons, or about five a day. At least a dozen people were busted with ninja throwing stars. And one guy in Chicago was busted with a mace . . . that medieval weapon with the spiked metal ball on a chain.
1. The TSA confiscated 1,813 guns in carry-ons last year . . . or an average of FIVE a day. 81% of those guns were loaded. Atlanta had the most guns confiscated, with 111, or almost one every three days.
2. The TSA confiscated one SUICIDE VEST. Fortunately, it was fake and filled with fake explosives . . . it belonged to an explosives training instructor.
3. At least a dozen people were busted carrying NINJA THROWING STARS.
4. At the Fort Lauderdale airport, TSA officers found someone carrying HUMAN SKULL FRAGMENTS inside of clay pots. The police had to come in to investigate. Turns out the person had bought the pots and didn’t know what was inside.
5. They found knives hidden in socks, a pen, a cane, a toothbrush holder, a pillow, a knee brace and a laptop battery compartment.
6. And finally, a guy in Chicago was busted for carrying a mace. Not the spray . . . the medieval weapon with a spiked metal ball on a chain attached to a wood club. (TSA)
Airport Security Stops a Man in a Kilt Because They Think He’s Got Explosives . . . Turns Out to be Haggis
Last week, a man in Scotland was taking a flight and got pulled to the side by security . . . because they thought they found EXPLOSIVES in his carry-on. Turned out it wasn’t explosives, but HAGGIS . . . that’s the Scottish delicacy where a sheep’s organs are cooked inside a sheep’s stomach. Security let him go . . . and didn’t notice the knife hanging on the kilt he was wearing.
The Pope and Some Children Release White Doves of Peace . . . Which Are Promptly Attacked in the Sky by Other Birds
Yesterday, POPE FRANCIS and some kids released DOVES from the Vatican to symbolically promote peace between the Ukrainian government and protesters. And as soon as the doves were released . . . they were ATTACKED by other birds. A seagull took on one . . . a crow took on the other.
Hannah Teter – 27 (Female snowboarding superstar. She earned a gold medal for the U.S. with her mad skills at the halfpipe in the 2006 Winter Olympics. She picked up a silver medal in the half pipe in 2010.)
Jake Pavelka – 36 (Lost on the fifth season of the “The Bachelorette” . . . lost on “Dancing with the Stars” . . . lost Vienna after he proposed to her on “The Bachelor”. But, hey, he held on to a guest role on “The Bold and the Beautiful”.)
JERMAINE JACKSON JR.! – 37 (Son of Jermaine Jackson, grandson of Berry Gordy and NEPHEW OF TITO JACKSON!)
Patton Oswalt – 45 (Spence on “King of Queens”. Also part of “The Comedians of Comedy”. He was the voice of Remy the rat in “Ratatouille”. Also in the recent comedy “Young Adult” with Charlize Theron.)
Mike Patton – 46 (Genius from Faith No More, Mr. Bungle AND FANTOMAS!)
Tracy Lawrence – 46 (Country star.)
Tamlyn Tomita – 48 (The Asiatic drum-spinning minx that Daniel-san nails in “Karate Kid 2″! I MISS RALPH MACCHIO!)
Alan Cumming – 49 (Openly gay actor with a deliciously naughty last name and his own perfume. He’s Eli Gold on “The Good Wife”, Nightcrawler in the second “X-Men” movie, and the voice of Gutsy Smurf in the “Smurfs” movie.)
Rupert Boneham – 50 (Bearded giant on “Survivor: Pearl Islands”, “Survivor: All Stars”, “Heroes vs. Villains” and “Blood vs. Water”.)
Bridget Fonda – 50 (“Single White Female”. She also played Linda, Ash’s girlfriend, in one of the greatest films of all time, “Army of Darkness” . . . and was THE star of “Lake Placid” . . . the giant crocodile movie that showed the world what a foul-mouthed comedic treasure Betty White still is! Master movie composer Danny Elfman gets to nail her ANYTIME HE WANTS TO.)
Keith Olbermann – 55 (Bridge-burning former “SportsCenter” anchor turned ultra-liberal political TV personality. Now he’s back on ESPN . . . 2. Possibly one of the most hated men in television.)
Frank Miller – 57 (Writer behind “Sin City” and “300″.)
Mimi Rogers – 58 (Mrs. Kensington in the first “Austin Powers”. Yeah, baby! She was also the first Mrs. Tom Cruise, and is currently a COUGAR I’d like to hunt.)
John Roberts – 59 (Decent as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, but TERRIBLE at administering the presidential oath of office.)
Nick Mason – 70 (Pink Floyd drummer.)
James Cromwell – 74 (6-foot-7 star of “Babe” AND “Babe: Pig in the City”. He was also the president in “Sum of All Fears”, the warden in “The Green Mile”, evil Captain Dudley Smith in “L.A. Confidential”, George Sibley on “Six Feet Under” and Stretch on “All in the Family”.)
Mohamed Al-Fayed – 81 (Father of INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY DODI FAYED!)
Donna Reed – (1921-1986) (Mary in “It’s a Wonderful Life”.)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – (1756 – 1791) (Amadeus! Amadeus!)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 4 days to the Year of the Horse
• 6 days until Super Bowl 48
• 11 days to the Winter Olympics
• 13 days to “The Walking Dead”
• 18 days to Valentine’s Day
• 1,089 days left of “Hope and Change”
87 years ago . . . in 1927 – The HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS played their first game in Hinckley, Illinois.
56 years ago . . . in 1958 – LITTLE RICHARD quit his music career to enroll at Oakwood Bible College in Huntsville, Alabama.
47 years ago . . . in 1967 – (Speaking of flames . . .) Astronauts GUS GRISSOM, ED WHITE and ROGER CHAFFEE died on the Cape Kennedy launch pad when their Apollo command module became engulfed in fire.
46 years ago . . . in 1968 – (More flames . . .) OTIS REDDING’S “Dock of the Bay” was released, six weeks after Otis and four members of his band were killed when their plane went down in flames.
41 years ago . . . in 1973 – HENRY KISSINGER and the very sexy LE DUC THO of North Vietnam signed the Vietnam Peace Treaty.
37 years ago . . . in 1977 - THE VATICAN reaffirmed God’s Will that the Roman Catholic Church continue to BAN FEMALE PRIESTS. (????)
21 years ago . . . in 1993 – The great ANDRE THE GIANT died of a heart attack at the age of 46. Acromegaly is THE silent killer of our times.
16 years ago . . . in 1998 - In the midst of the MONICA LEWINSKY scandal, First Lady HILLARY CLINTON appeared on NBC’s “Today” show, charging that the allegations against her husband were the work of a “VAST RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY”!
11 years ago . . . in 2003 – MATTEL lost its copyright infringement lawsuit against the band AQUA for their completely obnoxious song “Barbie Girl”.
Nine years ago . . . in 2005 – Mentally unstable rapper HOUSTON locked himself in a London bathroom and GOUGED OUT HIS LEFT EYE in an attempt to rid himself of the Devil.
Four years ago . . . in 2010 – “Catcher in the Rye” author J.D. SALINGER died three weeks after his 91st birthday. Mark David Chapman had that book with him when he killed John Lennon.
Four years ago . . . in 2010 – ZELDA RUBINSTEIN . . . the short chick from “Poltergeist” . . . died of natural causes. She was 76 and towered over the rest of the world at 4’3″.
Four years ago . . . in 2010 – STEVE JOBS unveiled the iPAD at a press conference in San Francisco.