Your daily dose of whatever includes:
- Celebs who have unclaimed money…shouldn’t they give some of it to us?
- Kenny G wants to play for you while you wipe!
- Could the cold help you shed the pounds?
Selena Gomez Took Shots at Justin Bieber in a “Seventeen” Interview
In a new interview, SELENA GOMEZ seems to be talking about JUSTIN BIEBER when she says, quote, “I haven’t found someone yet who could understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it, and not be threatened by it. It’s hard. I do think I might scare some guys, because I’m like, ‘I want to change the world! I have dreams! What do you want to do?’”
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. (NC-17) Does anyone believe CARMEN ELECTRA DIDN’T know her black top would be SEE-THROUGH when the paparazzi’s flashbulbs hit it? (WARNING!!! Exposed nipples ahead.)
2. I promise you these are some of the most hideously inaccurate wax figures you’ve ever seen.
3. SOFIA VERGARA decided to take a nap on the set of “Modern Family”, with a tissue over her face . . . so her co-stars Photobombed her.
4. “Modern Family” actress SARAH HYLAND is looking quite the minx in a new photo shoot.
5. CHANNING TATUM’S wife JENNA DEWAN brought some Holy Crap-level cleavage to an event in Miami.
6. Check out this amusing gallery of senior citizens acting out classic movie scenes.
7. Sexy Video: Here’s ANDY SAMBERG skiing down Broadway for the “Letterman” show.
8. And I am telling you I’m not going . . . until I see all of these JENNIFER HUDSON cleavage pics.
Danny Trejo Says Michelle Rodriguez Could Kick Justin Bieber’s Ass
“Machete” superstar DANNY TREJO called JUSTIN BIEBER’S egg raid on his neighbor’s house COWARDLY, adding that he’d get the crap beat out of him in prison because he’s, quote, “not a tough guy.” He added, quote, “MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ could kick his ass.”
New York Has More Than $12 Billion In Unclaimed Money, and Some of It Belongs to These Celebrities
The “New York Post” reports that New York has more than $12 BILLION in unclaimed money sitting around, and some of it belongs to celebrities like TINA FEY, DIDDY, ANGELINA JOLIE and MARIAH CAREY. This money is for things like insurance policies, stocks and mutual funds.
Others on the list include: Beyoncé, Steven Spielberg, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Denis Leary, Woody Allen, Glenn Close, Yoko Ono, Hilary Clinton, disgraced politician Anthony Wiener and even freakin’ Dina Lohan.
Richard Sherman Thinks People Use the Word “Thug” as the “Accepted Way of Calling Somebody the N-Word”
RICHARD SHERMAN, of the Seattle Seahawks, doesn’t like being called a “thug” because, quote, “It seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays.” He adds, quote, “I know some ‘thugs,’ and they know I’m the furthest thing from a thug.”
Richard Sherman Did Another Crazy Interview, Before He Talked to Erin Andrews After Sunday’s Game
Just MOMENTS before the excitable RICHARD SHERMAN did his now-infamous post-game “interview” with Erin Andrews, he did a SIMILAR one with the Spanish version of Fox Sports. And now, the video is online.
It’s basically another 30 seconds of the same stuff, but somehow this one feels LESS insane . . . and just, well, SPIRITED. Maybe that’s because he’s walking and talking this time . . . or maybe it’s just because we know what’s coming?
(Here’s the video. Note: At the end, you can see Erin walk over for her interview. She was actually there for part of his screaming in the first interview, so it’s interesting that she was so surprised when he went off the rails in hers, too.)
The Most Successful Movie Star First Names Right Now Are Christopher and Jennifer
The website Vulture.com has determined that the most common name for a successful actor over the past 20 years is CHRISTOPHER . . . as in Evans, Pine, Hemsworth and Walken. For women it’s JENNIFER . . . as in Lawrence, Aniston, Hudson and Connelly.
The Worst Translated Movie Titles Ever
Buzzfeed.com has a list of The Worst Translated Movie Titles Ever, where someone looked at American movies packaged in Latin America, and translated the titles back into English. It includes: “Home Alone” being called “My Poor Little Angel”, “The Sound of Music” being “The Rebel Novice”, and “101 Dalmatians” being “The Night of the Cold Noses”.
1. “The Hangover” was changed to “Qué Pasó Ayer?”, which translates back to “What Happened Yesterday?”
2. “Pulp Fiction” was changed to something that translates back to “Violent Times”.
3. “16 Candles” is “Looking for a Boyfriend”
4. “Home Alone” is “My Poor Little Angel”
5. “Scream” is “Scream: Keep an Eye on Who’s Calling”
6. “The Breakfast Club” is “The Club of the Five”
7. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” is “Jack’s Weird World”
8. “The Sound of Music” is “The Rebel Novice” (???)
9. “Pineapple Express” is “Super High”
10. “Death Becomes Her” is “Death Suits Her”
11. “There Will Be Blood” is “Bloody Oil”
12. “Lost in Translation” is . . . somewhat ironically . . . “Lost in Tokyo”
13. “Walk the Line” is “Johnny and June: Passion and Craziness”
14. “101 Dalmatians” is “The Night of the Cold Noses” (???)
15. “The Wedding Singer” is “The Best of My Weddings”
The NFC and AFC Playoff Games Averaged 53.6 Million Viewers . . . and “American Idol” Returns With its Lowest Season Premiere
The NFC’s Seahawks-49ers championship game was last week’s most-watched show with 56 million viewers. That’s nearly five million more than the AFC’s Broncos-Patriots championship game. Meanwhile, “American Idol” returned with its lowest season premiere ever, with 15.2 million viewers.
1. “NFC Championship Game”, Fox, 56 million viewers. The Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers, 23-17, to earn their spot in the Super Bowl.
2. “AFC Championship Game”, CBS, 51.3 million viewers. The Denver Broncos beat the New England Patriots, 26-16, to earn their Super Bowl spot.
3. “NCIS”, CBS, 19.7 million viewers.
4. “NCIS: Los Angeles”, CBS, 15.9 million viewers.
5. The 13th season premiere of “American Idol”, Fox, 15.2 million viewers.
6. Thursday’s episode of “American Idol”, Fox, 13.4 million viewers.
7. ” Blue Bloods “, CBS, 12.6 million viewers.
8. “Person of Interest”, CBS, 12.5 million viewers.
9. “Big Bang Theory”, CBS, 12 million viewers.
10. The 2nd season premiere of “The Following”, Fox, 11.2 million viewers.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• “American Idol” . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox.
• “Rake” [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Greg Kinnear plays a defense attorney with a chaotic personal life. Miranda Otto plays his ex-wife and therapist . . . and Serbian minx Bojana Novakovic is his prostitute girlfriend.
• “The Fighters” [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Discovery. A reality show where rival gyms send their best amateur boxers to fight three rounds against each other in an attempt to bring boxing back to Boston.
Tonight’s Late Night Talk Shows:
• “Letterman” – Spike Jonze (“Her”). Music Guest: No Age.
• “Jimmy Kimmel” – Kim Kardashian and “Bachelor” couple Sean Lowe & Catherine Giudici talk about their upcoming wedding on Sunday. Music Guest: Jason Derulo.
• “The Tonight Show” – Matt LeBlanc and Representative John Boehner. Music Guest: Dorian Holley.
• “Jimmy Fallon” – Jonah Hill and Dick Cavett.
• “Carson Daly” – “SNL” writer Paula Pell and John Anderson talk about their web series Hudson Valley Ballers. Music Guest: Rapper Sirah.
• “Arsenio” – Aaron Eckhart (“I Frankenstein”) and Gabourey Sidibe (“American Horror Story”), and Biz Markie.
• “Conan” – Wayne Gretzky and comedian Chris Fairbanks.
• “Craig Ferguson” – Martha Plimpton. Music Guest: Sarah Jarosz.
• “Chelsea Lately” – Timothy Olyphant.
• “Jon Stewart” – Anjan Sundaram (“Stringer: A Reporter’s Journey in the Congo”).
• “The Colbert Report” – Neurophilospher Patricia Churchland (“Touching a Nerve: The Self as Brain”).
Kenny G Would Like to Play Music For You in Your Bathroom While You Wipe
KENNY G has a great promotional idea for his new partnership with Charmin Ultra Soft . . . quote, “They should do a contest where the winner, I go with them into the bathroom and play my music while they wipe. That would be like the ultimate prize.”
Kenny recently became a spokesman for Charmin Ultra Soft toilet paper . . . and last week he even performed “My Heart Will Go On” atop a toilet paper castle above the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square. (Here’s video.)
Well, Kenny has a great idea for a promotion he could do with Charmin. Not that it’ll ever happen . . . but it’s BRILLIANT.
He says, quote, “I was even thinking that they should do a contest where the winner, I go with them into the bathroom and play my music while they wipe. That would be like the ultimate prize. It could be a career changer.”
Here’s How Much a “Normal” Guy Likes Their Job, Cooking, Sports, Alcohol . . . and Coldplay?
A new survey tried to figure out the traits of a “normal” guy. It found the normal guy likes their job okay . . . likes cooking for friends and family . . . watches sports on TV, but not obsessively . . . has less than 10 close friends . . . and has passed gas loudly in front of other people in the past month.
Likes their job okay. Doesn’t love it, doesn’t hate it.
Likes cooking for friends and family . . . but probably wouldn’t watch a TV cooking show to get tips on what to cook.
Would have no desire to attend a COLDPLAY concert.
Watches sports on TV, but not obsessively.
Does not have trouble using a urinal when someone’s right next to them.
Has less than 10 close friends, and probably one to four . . . some of whom are women.
Has more than two drinks one or two nights a week . . . or NEVER has more than two drinks a night.
Says “I love you” to their partner, kids, or parents at least once a day.
And has passed gas loudly in front of other people within the last month.
Women Gain an Average of Seven Pounds in the First Year of a Relationship . . . Men Lose Four
According to a new study, the average woman GAINS seven pounds in the first year of a relationship . . . and the average man LOSES four pounds. The main reason is that men tweak their diet to match the woman’s healthier diet . . . while the woman is tweaking HER diet to match the man’s less healthy one.
Cold Weather Could Help You Lose Weight?
Are your THERMOSTAT and your slippers making you chubby? According to a new study out of the Netherlands, the COLD is good for weight loss . . . because your body has to use more energy to keep your core temperature up.
In fact, the researchers say furnaces could be partially responsible for people getting LARGER. Ever since we’ve been able to keep the temperature up, our weight has been going up.
You could try to use this to your advantage if you want to lose weight . . . take cold showers and ice baths, keep your office temperature freezing, run around topless during the next polar vortex, whatever. (LiveScience)
Scientists Have Figured Out Why You Get Distracted by Shiny Things
It’s okay if you get distracted by SHINY THINGS. It doesn’t mean you’re some kind of weak-minded caveman. Although . . . um . . . the reason you get distracted by shiny things DOES come from early humans.
According to scientists from Belgium, the reason human beings LOVE shiny things is because they remind us of WATER. And since we’re innately drawn to water, we’re also innately drawn to shiny things. (Fast Company)
Five Random Facts For Thursday
Here are a few random facts for you. Americans will eat 1.25 billion chicken wings during the Super Bowl . . . it would take about five million house flies to lift you up and help YOU fly away . . . and Oreos are a knockoff of Hydrox cookies, not vice versa.
1. Americans will eat 1.25 billion chicken wings during the Super Bowl this year.
2. It would take about 5 million house flies to lift you up off the ground and help YOU fly away. It would take about 437,000 bees . . . 65,000 butterflies . . . 11,000 hummingbirds . . . 441 pigeons . . . or 16 bald eagles.
3. Clarence Crane, the guy who invented Life Savers candy, sold the patent for $2,900 before they got popular. His son, Hart Crane, was a famous American poet who ended up committing suicide . . . by jumping off a boat.
4. “Goodbye” is actually a shortened version of the phrase “God be with you.”
5. Oreos are a knockoff of Hydrox cookies, NOT vice versa. Hydrox debuted in 1908, Oreo debuted in 1912.
The Five Jobs People Regret Taking the Most, and Why
According to a new survey, here are the five jobs people REGRET taking the most: Cashier . . . mechanic . . . middle school or high school teacher . . . delivery driver . . . and bank teller.
What’s the Funniest Thing You’ve Heard a Little Kid Say?
What’s the funniest thing you’ve heard a little kid say? Two of our favorites are a three-year-old who had accidentally walked in on her dad changing, and announced to her family and friends, quote, “My dad has a tail! In the front!” . . . and a little boy who picked up some little liquor bottles in a store and said, “Mommy, I want to pour these on you in the shower!”
A Teenager in the Seattle Area Was Fired For Wearing a Denver Broncos Jersey to Work
On Sunday, a 17-year-old in the Seattle area wore a Denver Broncos jersey to work at a children’s play center, because the boss told everyone to wear NFL gear. Looks like the boss EXPECTED everyone to wear Seahawks gear . . . because he sent the kid home to change. The kid’s dad called the owner to complain but didn’t hear back from him, so the kid stayed home . . . and was fired.
A Woman Gets Snowed In, Starts Drinking, and Posts an Ad on Craigslist Asking for a Ride to Taco Bell
An unidentified woman in Baltimore got snowed in on Tuesday, started drinking, then realized she NEEDED Taco Bell . . . but was too drunk to drive. So she posted an ad on Craigslist offering free food in exchange for a ride. Apparently a bunch of people offered to take her, but she decided getting in a car with a stranger was NOT a great idea, sobered up, and drove herself.
Julia Jones – 33 (Leah Clearwater in the “Twilight” movies.)
Gina Ryder – 37 (Mattress actress who’s starred in 321 fine films, including . . . “Interracial Fellatio 4″, “Gapes of Wrath”, “Hoochie Gotta Coochie” AND “Fast Times at Deep Crack High 2″!)
Tiffani Thiessen – 40 (“Saved by the Bell” and “Beverly Hills 90210″ minx. Now she’s Elizabeth Burke on “White Collar”.)
Summer Rose – 48 (Mattress actress who tugged at our delicate heart-strings in 162 fine films, including . . . “Wetness for the Prosecution”, “Ubangis on Uranus” AND “The Good, the Bad, and the Horny”.)
Mariska Hargitay – 50 (Well-chested Detective Olivia Benson on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”. Her mom was well-chested ’60s sex kitten Jayne Mansfield.)
Gail O’Grady – 51 (She used to be the mom on “American Dreams” and the sexy blonde chubby, Donna Abandando, on “NYPD Blue”.)
Princess Caroline of Monaco – 57 (Grace Kelly & Prince Rainier’s eldest screwed-up daughter.)
Richard Finch – 60 (KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND CO-FOUNDER!)
ROBIN ZANDER – 61 (Cheap Trick)
Richard Dean Anderson – 64 (“MacGyver”! Quick, what was MacGyver’s first name? Anyone? Anyone? Yes, Grandpa? That’s right! The answer is ANGUS!)
ANITA POINTER – 66 (THE POINTER SISTERS!)
RUTGER HAUER – 70 (“Blade Runner”, “The Hitcher”, “Blind Fury”, AND “Hobo with a Shotgun”. You’d probably also remember him as the CEO of Wayne Enterprises who eventually loses his job to Morgan Freeman in “Batman Begins”.)
Gil Gerard – 71 (“Buck Rogers in the 25th Century”.) (Gil was a delicious chubby of 350 pounds, before having gastric bypass surgery and dropping 140 of them. 140 pounds. Dude, that’s like an entire TWIKI.)
Chita Rivera – 81 (“West Side Story” Latina en fuega! She’s also Nickie in “Chicago”. Full Latina name: Dolores Conchita Figueroa del Rivero.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to the Grammys
• 8 days to the Year of the Horse
• 10 days until Super Bowl 48
• 15 days to the Winter Olympics
• 22 days to Valentine’s Day
• 1,093 days left of “Hope and Change”
72 years ago . . . in 1942 - Genius EARL TUPPER bought his first manufacturing plant to introduce the greatest invention ever, TUPPERWARE, to the public in 1945.
57 years ago . . . in 1957 – Toy company WHAM-O produced the very first FRISBEES. (They sold over 100 MILLION Frisbees by 1977.)
41 years ago . . . in 1973 – PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON announced that an accord had been reached to END THE VIETNAM WAR.
39 years ago . . . in 1975 - “BARNEY MILLER” debuted on ABC . . . starring Hal Linden, Jack Soo, Max Gail, Ron Glass, Steve Landesberg, and the INCREDIBLY SEXY ABE VIGODA! (It lasted eight seasons.) (Abe has lasted a lot longer than eight seasons, though. He’s still with us at the age of 92!!!)
37 years ago . . . in 1977 - The TV mini-series “ROOTS”, based on the ALEX HALEY novel, began airing on ABC, and became the most watched TV program in history.
36 years ago . . . in 1978 - TERRY KATH, lead singer and guitarist for the band CHICAGO, tried to prove that his pistol wasn’t loaded by pointing it at his head and pulling the trigger. It WAS loaded . . . and the idiot shot himself dead.
31 years ago . . . in 1983 – “THE A-TEAM” DEBUTED ON NBC.
29 years ago . . . in 1985 - O.J. SIMPSON became the first Heisman Trophy winner elected into the pro football Hall of Fame. Fellow Heisman winner ROGER STAUBACH was also elected that year . . .
. . . but Simpson went in first because his name comes before Staubach’s alphabetically. O.J. Simpson then killed his white ex-wife and a good-looking young Jewish man in 1994.
25 years ago . . . in 1989 – Surrealist artist SALVADOR DALI died at the age of 84.
23 years ago . . . in 1991 - MC HAMMER and EN VOGUE became the first recording artists to get five nominations EACH at the SOOOUUULLL TRAIN MUSIC AWARDS.
23 years ago . . . in 1991 - The IRS began auctioning off WILLIE NELSON’S property to satisfy the back taxes he owed . . . which totaled over $16 MILLION.
18 years ago . . . in 1996 - “MOESHA” DEBUTED ON THE MIGHTY UPN!
18 years ago . . . in 1996 – The City Council in Johnson City, Tennessee, withdrew permission for WHITE ZOMBIE to hold a show there . . . because several town residents complained that the band advocated SATAN WORSHIP.
(Amazing. Did these morons learn nothing from James Brown, Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Slayer before them? It’s only rock and roll . . . let the kids LIKE IT.)
17 years ago . . . in 1997 – The man who wrote “LOUIE LOUIE”, genius RICHARD BERRY, died in his sleep at his home in the ghetto of South Central Los Angeles.
14 years ago . . . in 2000 - “AMERICAN BEAUTY” won the GOLDEN GLOBE for Best Film Drama, and “THE SOPRANOS” won Best Television Drama.
11 years ago . . . in 2003 – Succulent “Gimme A Break” superstar NELL CARTER died from complications of diabetes at 54.
Nine years ago . . . in 2005 - Legendary “Tonight Show” host JOHNNY CARSON passed away from complications related to emphysema.
Three years ago . . . in 2011 – America’s TRUE guru of physical fitness, JACK LALANNE, died of respiratory failure due to pneumonia at his home in California. He was 96.