Preparing For The Extreme Cold
Michigan State Police have sent out some tips to prepare yourself for the extreme cold. It’s gonna be chilly out there!
- Stay indoors if at all possible. Of course, if you need to go outside make sure to wear protective gear. They suggest also covering your lungs with a scarf.
- Signs of frostbite include numbness and very pale or light skin appearance.
- Signs of hypothermia are: extreme shivering, memory loss and exhaustion.
- Wind chill is also dangerous as it takes away body heat from you faster than just pure cold.
- If any of your clothing (particularly on your extremities) gets wet, remove it.
- Pets can also suffer from the bitter cold, make sure that they are protected or outside for very short periods of time if they are indoor animals.