New Judge On Idol is Announced – Knightlines 9/4/13
Happy Hump Day, it’s time for the latest edition of Knightlines, celebrity gossip and things you need to know…
• American Idol judges have been announced. The rumored addition of Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr. as judges for season 13 was announced Tuesday by Fox. They’ll join Urban to make up the talent show’s first panel consisting solely of singers.
• Venetian fans of Scarlett Johansson waited for hours under a hot sun for the Hollywood actress to arrive in a water taxi for a news conference at the Venice Film Festival, and she rewarded them with a smile and autographs. Johansson was in Venice on Tuesday for the premiere “Under the Skin”.
• Katie Couric is getting married to her financier boyfriend John Molner. Molner gave 56-year-old Couric, the former host of “Today,” a diamond ring over the weekend in East Hampton. Molner, 50, is a partner at investment firm Brown Brothers Harriman, who oversees mergers and acquisitions advisory work for the firm’s corporate clients. The couple have dated for nearly two years.
• It’s a wrap for the sexy super naturals on HBO’s “True Blood.” The network said Tuesday that the series will end next year, following a 10-episode season that will begin in the summer.
• It was only a matter of time … but Stacy Keibler’s run with George Clooney is officially done. Sources close to the couple say … the two have broken up after two years of dating. The couple hasn’t been seen together since March and spent the 4th of July on opposite ends of the earth.
• Former Disney star Lee Thompson Young died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head … this according to the actor’s official death certificate . Young — who rocketed to stardom back in 1998 as the title character in the Disney show “The Famous Jett Jackson” — didn’t leave a suicide note. Young’s friends and family are still struggling to understand why the actor shot himself — though some of his family members told law enforcement he suffered from “depression issues.”