LaughFest is just a couple of months away. If you enjoyed the festival last year, why not take part this year as a volunteer?
LaughFest runs from March 8 – March 18. The festival raises money for Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids. It would not be possible without the work of those who donate their time.
Getting started as a volunteer is easy. Visit LaughFest’s website to register
, then plan to attend the Volunteer Kick-Off/Orientation on Tuesday, February 7, from 6:30pm – 8:00pm at Steelcase University.
LaughFest lists a variety of volunteer opportunities:
● Pre- and Post-Festival Needs (various)
● Front of House (usher, ticket takers)
● Back of House (set up, take down, technical)
● Retail (sell merchandise and tickets)
● Logistics (sign placement, feet on the street, parking)
● “Go-Do” (help with errands and “in the moment” needs)
● Office/Clerical (phones, data, organizing)
Returning volunteers will enjoy the addition of online schedule management which makes it easier to get the volunteer shifts that work for you and your schedule.
LaughFest brings something for all members of the family while raising money for Gilda’s Club. Definitely an event worthy of few hours of volunteering.