Kent County Sheriff Searching For Man Suspected of Robbing Several Area Businesses
The Kent County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in locating 33-year-old Jacob Abraham Savickas who has been involved in a crime spree in West Michigan and Indiana.
In a release, the Sheriff’s Department said that they “believe this will continue and potentially escalate until Savickas is located and arrested.”
Savickas is suspected of carrying out the following unarmed robberies:
- 7/26/17 – J&H Mobil at 44th Street and Clyde Park SW in Wyoming
- 7/27/17 – Admiral Gas Station at 194 S. Main Street in Cedar Springs (included a pursuit)
- 7/27/17 – Marathon Gas Station on W. Western Avenue in South Bend, Indiana
- 7/27/17 – Low Bob’s at 4505 N. Ameritech Drive in South Bend, Indiana
- 7/28/17 – Beacon Credit Union, 820 North Broadway in Peru, Indiana
- 8/1/17 – Next Door Food Store at 4616 Alpine Ave. NW in Comstock Park. Suspect allegedly struck the clerk with his vehicle.
FOX-17 reports that Savickas is also suspected of robbing the Independent Bank near the corner of Fuller and Plainfield Wednesday morning.
Savickas was last seen driving a Blue/Purple 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4D, MI Plate #DNL1257, which can be seen here.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Kent County Sheriff’s Department at 616-632-6125 or Silent Observer at 616-774-2345.