Grand Rapids CashMob Is Tuesday
Forget flash mobs, that’s sooooo 2 weeks ago. Cash mobs are the new thing…at least according to business owners.
Grand Rapids will have a cash mob on Tuesday from 5:30 – 8:30pm. A cash mob is formed when a group of people visits one business at the same time and spends money.
If you have $20 bill burning a hole in your pocket, then this is the event for you.
Those who wish to participate are asked to:
- Spend about $20.
- Meet someone you haven’t met before.
- Have fun.
Of course, these are all things that you could easily do at the bar with less money…and that brings us to the criteria the Grand Rapids Area Chamber (the organization behind the event) will use to select the business which will host the GR CashMob.
- The business must have a variety of products at various price points, for both men and women.
- The business must be a locally owned member of the GRACC.
- The business owner must approve the CashMob before the mob is announced.
- The business must be near a watering hole.
- Parking must be available nearby.
The GR Chamber will announce the location of the GR CashMob at 10:00am on Tuesday via Facebook and Twitter.
That gives us plenty of time to plan to be spontaneous.