16 Grand Rapids Businesses Caught Selling Alcohol To Minors
The Grand Rapids Police Department began preparing for the return of college students, and college parties, by conducting a compliance check of Grand Rapids businesses to make sure they were not selling alcohol to minors.
The results were not good.
22% of businesses were cited. 73 were checked and 16 were caught selling to minors.
12 of the 16 businesses actually checked the ID before serving the underage decoy. Poor math skills? An employee who just doesn’t care? Who knows.
WZZM gives us the list of establishments that were cited:
- Short Stop Foods – 1759 S. Division
- My Place Bar – 1410 S. Division
- LaMexicana Bakery & Grocery – 1628 S. Division
- Yesteryears Bar – 1905 S. Division
- Raul’s Beverage – 2027 S. Division
- Towne & Country Party Store – 4301 Kalamazoo SE
- Stella’s – 53 Commerce SW
- Sazerac Lounge – 1420 Plainfield NE
- Quinn & Tuites Irish Pub – 1535 Plainfield NE
- Bottlenecks – 2355 Fuller NE
- American Legion Boat & Canoe Club – 401 North Park NE
- Rocky’s – 633 Ottawa NW
- Monarch Club – 646 Stocking NW
- O’Tooles Public House – 448 Bridge
- West Side Party Store – 900 Walker NW
- River City Saloon – 1156 Leonard NW
Will minors use this list and run out to these places to try to score some alcohol? Maybe. But my guess is, at least in the short-term, these will be the strictest places in town.